Can you get WATER out of a ROCK ?

Dennis C Latham 2010/01/19 03:07:40
I know you can't get blood from a stone ....
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/28dec_truefake.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redox

Hint .... = HYDROGEN REDUCTION

• brobin 2010/02/07 18:15:21 (edited)
    brobin
    NO, NOT OUT OF A ROCK, BUT OFF A ROCK. DESERT PEOPLE DO IT ALL THE TIME.
    OR DID YOU MEAN IN THE CRACK OF A ROCK.
    ARE YOU TRYING TO ROCK MY BRAIN?? LOL
    LEAVE IT TO YOU TO GET THE ROCK, OH I MEAN THE BALL ROLLING.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2010/01/24 20:49:12
  • Dennis ... Chris -... 2010/01/24 21:13:58
    Dennis C Latham
    ha ha ha
    actually GOD did it ... but understandable .... GOD did it through Moses.
  • Blaze 2010/01/21 09:37:38
    Blaze
    oxygen and hydrogen are very common in rocks so yes you can make water from rocks. but you could make water from anything as long as its base makeup consists of h and o. the real question is how will you get the h and o out to make your h2o. there are several processes that nasa is working on in regards to the up coming lunar missions which if successful would produce the crews air water and fuel for the long term colonization of the lunar surface
  • Dennis ... Blaze 2010/01/21 20:54:29
    Dennis C Latham
    ""the real question is how will you get the h and o out to make your h2o.""

that's pretty easy now ... since they have a few processes ..
    one being to heat up a crushed lunar / moon rock to around 1,000 degrees and adding hydrogen
  • Heart Safire 2010/01/21 07:14:27
    Heart Safire
    +1
    I don't know but it has to be easier than getting an honest answer out of a liberal!
  • Dennis ... Heart S... 2010/01/21 20:55:02 (edited)
    Dennis C Latham
    I'm not a liberal
    but I bet you're a hater

and I was right ... the reason you blocked me.
    coward and no fight in ya
  • Heart S... Dennis ... 2010/01/22 03:44:53
    Heart Safire
    That's a bet you'd lose.
  • Jester 2010/01/19 20:52:07
    Jester
    +1
    From a chemical standpoint, the answer is yes.
  • Jayce Evans 2010/01/19 20:46:27
    Jayce Evans
    +1
    every single thing is possible.

"sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

in the Bible, there are accounts of water coming from rock meaning that it is, in fact, possible. God created this world and therefore knows every single possible thing there is to know about physics, quantum physics, quantum mechanics... everything.
    he wrote the rules to "how the world works" and so he knows them all and how to do things.

we just haven't discovered them yet. we humans are slowly becoming more knowledgeable on "how the world works"
    think about it. if we went back in time to, say the year 1000. and we brought walkie talkies...
    to the people of that time, this would appear to be magic! but we would know that is is just simple radio waves being transmitted through the air...

what God did (and does) seems like magic to us, but God is simply following His own rules about "how the world works"
  • Dennis ... Jayce E... 2010/01/20 01:26:31
    Dennis C Latham
    actually we have figured out a little something .....

they have to crush the rock into small sand - heat to 1,000 degrees and add a little hydrogen
  • Jayce E... Dennis ... 2010/01/21 20:45:49
    Jayce Evans
    +1
    sure, we've figured out a way to turn a large rock into a little water, but we have no idea how to make water "flow forth" from said rock.
  • Old Soldier 2010/01/19 18:59:32
    Old Soldier
    +1
    I could have also answered "Undecided", because you said "water from a rock". However, though science can get water from a rock, how much (?), and can it sustain the life of man?

As to the bibical referrence to "water from a rock", Moses brought water forth water from a rock several times, and one time that cost him his place in the land of Canaan. A reminder that one can fall away from the salvation that is in the Rock, Jesus Christ.

In the referrence to it in Numbers 20:11, concerning "the congregation drank, and their beasts", physically the water afforded the same kind of needful refreshment to both. But from a religious point of view, this, which was only a common element to the cattle, was a sacrament to the people (1 Corinthians 10:3,4)--It possessed a relative sanctity imparted to it by its divine origin and use. It is noted in 1 Corinthians 10:4; "for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ."

Some commentators say this is not to be understood as Paul's reference to the Jewish legend about a literal rock that followed the Israelites in their wanderings. However, Moses brought forth water from a rock that was in several places, not just one in one place, so according to paul the Rock did follow the Israelites. Also, that rock...

Some commentators say this is not to be understood as Paul's reference to the Jewish legend about a literal rock that followed the Israelites in their wanderings. However, Moses brought forth water from a rock that was in several places, not just one in one place, so according to paul the Rock did follow the Israelites. Also, that rock to which Paul referred to, he was clearly stated: "The rock was Christ." The miracle of Moses' bringing forth water from the rock in the wilderness (Exodus 17:5) provided literal water for Israel; but much more than that, it is in evidence here that the rock was Christ, not `is' or `is a type of' ... Therefore, this is a clear statement of the existence of Christ from the beginning.

Actually, the Rock did two things. It led the Israelites, and also followed them, another referrence to the full protection God affords His children. This is made clear in Exodus 23:20-21; "Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him." There is a lot said here concerning salvation, can you gather all the points from these scriptures in Exodus and Numbers?
  • Dagon 2010/01/19 18:20:00
  • Dennis ... Dagon 2010/01/20 01:27:27
    Dennis C Latham
    +1
    SWEET ..
  • driley 2010/01/19 11:25:51
    driley
    +1
    I've been drinking from that Rock for years.
  • Twitch 2010/01/19 11:15:28
    Twitch
    +1
    I believe so in the biblical times
  • Dennis ... Twitch 2010/01/19 11:17:52
    Dennis C Latham
    +2
    one can today with about 1,000 degrees and some hydrogen
  • Twitch Dennis ... 2010/01/19 11:18:55
    Twitch
    +1
    ha, yeah, u know yur right, I kinda forgot about that
  • driley Dennis ... 2010/01/19 11:26:29
    driley
    +1
    Don't you just love science?
  • Dennis ... driley 2010/01/19 11:44:06
    Dennis C Latham
    +1
    mmhmm
    and I will love it more when I find a good electronic microscope ...

I already have 2500 Degrees ......
  • Dagon Dennis ... 2010/01/19 18:20:42
  • Dennis ... Dagon 2010/01/20 01:28:13
    Dennis C Latham
    ha ha ha ha
    who you telling .?
    LOL

I'm going to have an eject procedure ... ha ha ha
    LOL
  • Dagon Dennis ... 2010/01/20 02:01:53
  • Dennis ... Dagon 2010/01/20 02:44:31
    Dennis C Latham
    +1
    might be the only place safe for me ........

you know when I do something I do it BIG .... ha haha
    Don't I DAGON ?
  • Dagon Dennis ... 2010/01/20 05:30:15
  • Dennis ... Dagon 2010/01/20 05:41:39
  • Dennis ... Dagon 2010/01/20 05:41:39
  • Dennis ... Dagon 2010/01/20 02:44:31
    Dennis C Latham

Don't I DAGON ?

2014/10/22 08:09:13