Can Ron Paul win the 2008 Presidential Election?

Jamesy818 [Raccoon VP] 2007/09/13 23:05:49
Yes, he's the man for the job!
No more Republicans, the GOP is dead and Bush personally chiseled and misspelled the epitaph on the grave stone.
Current Job/Position: Representative from Texas
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Status: Statement of Candidacy 3/12/07

• island in Illi 2008/06/10 23:00:02
    No more Republicans, the GOP is dead and Bush personally chiseled and misspel...
    island in Illi
    No, he can't win, but it's a shame. He certainly tops who is left in the race.
  • jks 2008/05/22 04:38:20
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    jks
    CAN he win ? Nope,nope,nope. Do I wish he could win ? yep,yep,yep.
  • vickenstein 2008/05/19 00:52:27
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    vickenstein
    Ron Paul write-in
  • Freedom4America Group 2008/04/15 04:41:21
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Freedom4America Group
    Dr. Paul can definitely WIN.

He is the ONLY candidate that is NOT a Puppet for the Elites.

ONLY A Doctor WILL HEAL Our Country,
    Freedom4America Group
  • chris 2008/03/23 16:18:57
    chris
    On February 27th, 2007 Barack Hussein Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth."

In an interview with Nicholas Kristof, published in The New York Times, Obama recited the Muslim call to prayer, the Adhan, "with a first-class [Arabic] accent."

The opening lines of the Adhan (Azaan) is the Shahada:
    "Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
    Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
    I witness that there is no god but Allah
    I witness that Muhammad is his prophet... "

According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses a Muslim's complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of Islam.

Obama knows this from his Quranic studies -- and he knows the New York Times will publish this fact and it will be seen throughout the world

Quote from Barack Obama's book, Dreams Of My Father:
    In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school"
    "I studied the Koran.."
    "The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam."
    From 'The Audacity Of Hope, "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."
    From Dreams... AND I QUOTE " The only w..."

"

""

""

"

"

'

'
    "
    ""
    ""
    '""
    ""

"'"

''""

"'"""

"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
    Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!

"I studied the Koran.."
    From Dreams... AND I QUOTE " The only way for the white man to reconcile with the black man is for us to become brothers in Islam."

From Dreams of My Father, " I FOUND A SOLICE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENS...

"Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
    Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!

"I studied the Koran.."

From Dreams of My Father, " I FOUND A SOLICE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER'S RACE". Barack Hussein Obama

From 'Dreams of my Father', "The emotion between the races could never be pure, even love was tarnished by the desire to find in the other some element that was missing in ourselves. Whether we sought out our demons or salvation, the other race (WHITE) would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart." Barack Hussein Obama

From Dreams Of My Father: "That hate hadn't gone away," he wrote, BLAMING "WHITE PEOPLE — some CRUEL, some IGNORANT, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives." Barack Hussein Obama
    (less)
  • Marc 2008/03/04 22:57:22
    Marc
    never gonna happen
  • niggernuts for stupid presi... 2008/02/11 03:17:04
    niggernuts for stupid presidents
    never had a chance since kennedy
  • mrorganic77 2008/02/06 23:22:24
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    mrorganic77
    While we have a real candidate for President that is who I will support with all I can. Every one of them will continue the war, leave the borders open, take away more freedom and on and on except Ron Paul. I think people that say Paul can’t be elected do so because they are just unaware of the support and organization that he has.

Ron Paul meetup groups 1,612 members 107,228
    Huckabee meetup groups 498 members 17210
    Obama Meetup groups 88 members 5,194
    Clinton meetup groups 52 members 1,596
    Romney meetup groups 11 members 106
    McCain meetup groups 0 members 0

And this is just the tip of Ron Paul’s organization. All the other candidates have is the support of the main stream media which is controlled. They are all just a shell except for Ron Paul. Ron Paul support, is all grass roots and he has collected more donations than any president in history has the only Blimp for a President in History. Has more youtube, and google videos than any of the others and most of the videos on the other candidates are very negative. All most all the Ron Paul videos are very supportive. I say Join the revolution and support Ron Paul, he is the only one that is going to give the people any freedom.
  • kehbe 2008/02/06 18:30:13
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    kehbe
    +1
    If people think their vote will be wasted by voting for him, and they vote for a lesserof the evil remaining, he will go by the wayside just like Ross Perot. The shame of this is, I truly believe that Ron Paul is the best choice for this country just as I thought Ross Perot would have been the best at that time. I am going to stand my ground and vote in what I feel is in the best interests of this country. My vote goes to Dr. Ron Paul.

Ron Paul for President in 2008!
  • jayc32~just me~ 2008/02/06 15:25:13
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    jayc32~just me~
    +2
    He's the only one who wants to put our country back on the right track
  • punch 2008/01/23 22:45:29
    punch
    He'll never win. He's kookier than Ross Perot.
  • M 2008/01/18 08:15:50
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    M
    +2
    I hope and pray that he does. But, the political facisits will not allow this to happen and I hope I am wrong. Maria
  • mrorgan... M 2008/02/18 00:58:49
    mrorganic77
    +1
    Miracles can happen and he has far more grassroots support.
  • dawgpoundpunk08 2008/01/14 18:01:43
    dawgpoundpunk08
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT??????
  • LoXx 2008/01/09 01:47:48
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    LoXx
    +1
    I doubt it, but that's too bad.......I'll be voting for him if I can.
  • Craig 2008/01/08 19:34:03
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Craig
    +3
    He is the only HOPE AMERICA has. He will stand behind his OATH to PROTECT and DEFEND the CONSTITUTION. He will not try to destroy it like the Bush's & Clinton's & all the neocons. Let's help Dr. RON PAUL to dismantle the IRS, the Federal Reserve, & put this Country back on the path to being the greatest country in the WORLD with sound money like the Gold & Silver standard which the Constitution calls for. I ask ALL AMERICANS to re-read THE CONSTITUTION & THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
    then you will know exactly what DR. RON PAUL stands for and I'll be happy to stand right beside him along with all my fellow AMERICANS. It is not about Republican or Democrat. It is about right and wrong and Dr. RON PAUL is right for ALL FREEDOM LOVING AMERICANS. Let's take OUR COUNTRY BACK. Let's ALL STAND Beside and Behind DR. RON PAUL. WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of LIBERTY to ourselves and our posterity WE MUST STAND WITH DR. RON PAUL
  • hillbilly 2008/01/07 04:52:53
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    hillbilly
    +2
    Nothing Less Than Success
  • Helen 2008/01/05 23:34:46
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Helen
    +2
    Ron Paul, will win!

We need to pray for his safety!

God Bless,

Helen
  • reddot 2008/01/02 02:53:43
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    reddot
    +1
    The only one in the party who can save the party, And I don't want the party
    The party saved. I want to Split!!

YAAA
  • Denny 2007/12/24 04:01:47
    Denny
    No been there, sounds like Ross Perot only with less personality and charm
  • James 2007/12/23 22:34:57
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    James
    +3
    Will PR win? i hope so. The road the States is taking is a dark and ugly one. It is where the rich lives in the apartments and dump trash out thier windows onto the poor. This may seem like a communist or socialist comment, but it is mearly a complain. Big Corps have the govornment in a noose created by itself. That mean, because the people is the govornmetn, they have the people by the noose. When they suceeed, the people will never see the light of freedom again. The federal reserve, a privatly controled insitiution unconsitiutionaly ratified, is where the gov't borrows money. Jesus H. Christ! The gov't is borrowing its own money. WTF kind of sense is that. The gov't is suppose to have the power to create money itself. That way, providing the people still have control over the gov't, there will be no greed in the factors in the amount of money created. Hence, no inflation which is now, as i see it, leading to a new depression. I was so scared out of myself that i actually was thinking of leaving the country (while retaining citizenship of course) to UK or JP. God willing RP is the man to save this god-forsaken coutnry. If he fails, i think, unfortuantely, that the corps will win...takes control of govt...govt opress...freedom chipped away...1984...
    Sure paranoid, mabey a bit crazy, but who the fk thinks its not crazy that the people is afraid of its own govt, answer that....
  • Doug 2007/12/18 03:34:52
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Doug
    +3
    Dr. Paul is the ONLY republican candidate that stands a chance in a general election.
  • Nickie 2007/12/18 02:50:16
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Nickie
  • countsueulaw 2007/12/11 18:47:28
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    countsueulaw
    +3
    The most important thing about the Ron Paul Revolution, is that is not just about Ron Paul. It is about the message...FREEDOM. And Ron Paul, humble as he is, will be the first to admit to that. Those of us who are sick and tired of the corporate control, and manipulative mainstream media reporting, now have an honest candidate that for once in most of our lives we can get behind and do all we can to see that he gets elected. I for one am not about republican this or democrat that. All I want is the truth, and a candidate that tells it. All I need is a candidate that I KNOW cares about me, my family, my country, and our future. Not someone that will drag us deeper into the global agenda, driving our country deeper into debt with the world banksters. Not someone that would increase taxes to fund socialistic programs that only benefit the mega corporations of insurance companies and big pharma drug companies. America needs a man that will follow his oath to defend the constitution, not continue to destroy it, or drag us into there (unconstitutional without congressional declaration) war. And will halt the planned North American Union where our constitution would become null and void. Give me LIBERTY. Give me RON PAUL!!!
  • Schwing 2007/12/06 20:28:18
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Schwing
    +2
    He's the only hope for America!
  • TheCleaner 2007/12/04 14:29:32
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    TheCleaner
    +2
    Ron Paul is the man for America.
  • Logical Response 2007/11/12 18:51:00
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Logical Response
    +1
    Here's how..
    Democrats can vote in some republican primaries

States that allow all to vote in primary listed below
    Vote for Dr. Ron Paul And help change the world for the better.

State/Territory
    Alabama
    Feb 5
    Open
    Arkansas
    Feb 5
    Open
    Georgia
    Feb 5
    Open
    Idaho
    May 27
    Open - Closing?
    Illinois
    Feb 5
    Open
    Indiana
    May 6 (Mar 4?)
    Open
    Michigan
    Feb 5 (Jan 15?)
    Open - Closing?
    Minnesota
    Feb 5
    Open
    Mississippi
    Mar 11
    Open
    Missouri
    Feb 5
    Open
    Montana
    Jun 3 (Feb 5?)
    Open
    North Dakota
    Feb 5
    Open
    Ohio
    Mar 4 (Jan 29?)
    Open
    South Carolina
    Jan 19
    Open
    Tennessee
    Feb 5
    Open
    Texas
    Mar 4
    Open
    Vermont
    Mar 4
    Open
    Virginia
    Feb 12
    Open?
    Wisconsin
    Feb 19
    Open
    American Samoa
    Feb 23
    Open
    Puerto Rico
    Feb 24
    Open
    Virgin Islands
    Feb 23
    Open

Open: Any voter, regardless of party registration, can vote in the primary of any party.
    Closed: Only registered members of a party can vote in that primary.
    Modified: Usually means only party members can only vote in their primaries, however independent voters can choose to vote in any party’s primary. See below for specific state information:
    January
    January 14: Iowa
    January 15: Michigan?
    January 19: Nevada, South Carolina
    January 22: New Hampshire, Wyoming
    January 29: Florida, Ohio?
    Feb...

Here's how..

State/Territory
    Alabama
    Feb 5
    Open
    Arkansas
    Feb 5
    Open
    Georgia
    Feb 5
    Open
    Idaho
    May 27
    Open - Closing?
    Illinois
    Feb 5
    Open
    Indiana
    May 6 (Mar 4?)
    Open
    Michigan
    Feb 5 (Jan 15?)
    Open - Closing?
    Minnesota
    Feb 5
    Open
    Mississippi
    Mar 11
    Open
    Missouri
    Feb 5
    Open
    Montana
    Jun 3 (Feb 5?)
    Open
    North Dakota
    Feb 5
    Open
    Ohio
    Mar 4 (Jan 29?)
    Open
    South Carolina
    Jan 19
    Open
    Tennessee
    Feb 5
    Open
    Texas
    Mar 4
    Open
    Vermont
    Mar 4
    Open
    Virginia
    Feb 12
    Open?
    Wisconsin
    Feb 19
    Open
    American Samoa
    Feb 23
    Open
    Puerto Rico
    Feb 24
    Open
    Virgin Islands
    Feb 23
    Open

January
    January 14: Iowa
    January 15: Michigan?
    January 19: Nevada, South Carolina
    January 22: New Hampshire, Wyoming
    January 29: Florida, Ohio?
    February
    February 1: Maine
    February 5 (Super Tuesday): Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana?, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah
    February 9: Louisiana
    February 12: District of Columbia, PennsylvaniaMaryland, Virginia
    February 19: Washington, Wisconsin
    March
    March 2: Hawaii
    March 4: Indiana?, Massachusetts, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont
    March 11: Mississippi
    May
    May 6: Indiana, North Carolina
    May 13: Nebraska, West Virginia
    May 20: Kentucky, Oregon
    May 27: Idaho
    June
    June 3: Montana, South Dakota
    Information taken from National Association of Secretaries of States Calendar of 2008 State Primaries/Caucuses (last updated on August 9, 2007), Election Assistance Commission - National Mail Voter Registration Form (last updated August 12, 2006) and The Green Papers Presidential Primaries 2008 Republican Delegate Selection and Voter Eligibility.

A note to Ron Paul supporters; Copy this message and post it everywhere you can.

Democrats which I have been one of my whole life need to be informed that they can have two candidates that are for the withdrawl of our troops from Iraq. They all agree that out of the pool of Republican candidates that Ron Paul above all represents their views.

The Democrats if informed and organised can make a huge difference by voting in these (OPEN) republican primaries. They don't know it though, help educate them and we very may well shock the republican party by seeing a landslide victory in the states noted above.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2007/11/07 13:30:57
  • Brian C. 2007/10/03 00:40:02
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Brian C.
    +1
    He's got my vote, and he can win it if we do our part. Become delegates, vote him in as the primary republican candidate, and let him show the popular Media and lobbyists what real grassroots support can do.
  • Kat 2007/10/01 17:32:14
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Kat
    I dont know if he is "the man" yet but am keeping all options at this early stage before my final decision.
  • AngelEyes 2007/09/17 01:35:07
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    AngelEyes
    better than hilary
  • ARMENTHIA 2007/09/15 13:17:47
    ARMENTHIA
    +2
    I don't really care about whether or not he's Republican or not.

It's about what he's for or against for the good of the PEOPLE at least in my thought. (smiling)
  • Daisy 2007/09/14 13:57:16
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    Daisy
    +2
    I wish that we had elected him back in 2000!
  • BRADY969 2007/09/14 13:21:21 (edited)
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    BRADY969
    +2
    His grass roots campaign from the internet is like none others running. These people are passionaite about this man and they will turn over in votes!

Have you seen how many straw polls this man wins? Although CNN (Clinton News Network) and Fox News don't pay attention to him now...THEY WILL! This is going to be the under dog story of the century when he wins. He's campaigning on the internet, hitting the young just like Bill Clinton did on MTV in the early 90's...He's ahead of the game!
  • jackrorabbit 2007/09/14 13:21:15
    jackrorabbit
    Talk about a biased poll. Where is the he has good ideas, but doesn't represent enough of the populace to get in?
  • byebye ,I love you,gotta go 2007/09/14 13:14:08
    Yes, he's the man for the job!
    byebye ,I love you,gotta go
    +2
    undecided but I like him!
  • Fef 2007/09/14 07:40:41
    Fef
    +1
    The question asks if Ron Paul can win, and I don't think he can. Don't consider this an endorsement or opposition, just a prediction.
  • BRADY969 Fef 2007/09/14 13:27:04
    BRADY969
    +1
    I respect that BUT don't go by what you're reading on CNN and Fox News. Research how many people show up to his events, his support within the Military, the straw polls he wins and how momentum is gaining...He wins every poll on foxnews.com, cnn.com, msnbc.com and it's still not enough according to these news industry's

CNN only talks about Hillary and Obama and Fox only talks about Rudy and Fred....the supporters of those candidates will obviously watch the network promoting their candidate.
  • Fef BRADY969 2007/09/14 17:50:27
    Fef
    Howard Dean had similar momentum and enthusiasm, but when it got closer to the wire, his grassroots efforts couldn't compete with the money raised by the Kerry campaign. Ron Paul won't raise enough money or get enough attention (as you cited) to win any major primaries -- or the general election.
  • BRADY969 Fef 2007/09/14 19:04:25 (edited)
    BRADY969
    +1
    But remember Fef, Bill Clinton polled nationally at 2-3% about this time in the 1992 election cycle. Also, the winner of the Iowa Straw poll has only won the election a handful of times. Regardless, this campaign can’t really be compared to any in the past. Ron Paul is not just the “Howard Dean” of this election. Or the “Barry Goldwater.” The Internet is a bigger influence than it has ever been in the past. People are more unhappy than ever before with the current direction or the country. Ron Paul is getting support from “across the aisle” like no candidate in recent history. Instead of Howard Dean, I would compare him to Thomas Jefferson.

You can't compare apples (Ron Paul) to rotten oranges (Howard Dean)

2014/09/16 21:31:05