Can I buy Hydrogen Peroxide in bulk?

Angelique ~ Pfffft! ;)~ 2009/11/29 10:39:12
Seriously, if I could I'd buy a 50 gallon drum of the stuff! It's great for cleaning around the house, getting stains out of clothes and of course for cleaning any cuts and scrapes.

• n70shooter 2011/03/03 20:50:58
    n70shooter
    +3
    I was just perusing the web and found bulk suppliers to ship gallon qty's of food grade 35% but as a hazmat regulation a per shipment fee of up to $25 on top of s&h; gets expensive. BUT Dollar tree site has pint and quart sizes of 3% (usable dilutions for home and health) for about $12 a case of 12qt add s&h; to that. I'm going to a store today to check out retail costs
    Jeff
    The Chicagoan

• n70shooter 2011/03/03 20:50:58
    n70shooter
    +3
    Jeff
    The Chicagoan
  • n70shooter n70shooter 2011/03/24 22:14:47
    n70shooter
    +1
    In a simple web search I turned up sources for Sodium perchlorate which is the dry version of Hydrogen peroxide. I did a trial purchase of 2lbs for a reasonable price and am using a teaspoon+ in my laundry and around the kitchen for cleaning. Except for health, first aid applications I think this will do the trick for me.
    For first aid and toothbrishing I will go to Dollar Stores for qt bottles as they balance out to about the same as gallon sized food grade 35% diluted to 3% for use when ya figger in S&H and hazmat charges
    Jeff
    The Chicagoan
  • Angeliq... n70shooter 2011/08/02 07:00:46
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    Thank you, Jeff! I am on that right now!
  • Cheri n70shooter 2012/01/16 16:50:52
    Cheri
    +3
    Where do you buy Sodium perchlorate? Is it safe to add to water to make your own hydrogen peroxide? How does adding it to water differ from the hydrogen peroxide you buy online or in the store? How concentrated is it?
  • David Rust n70shooter 2012/12/12 17:39:36 (edited)
    David Rust
    +12
    Umm, Sodium Perchlorate is NOT the dry version of hydrogen peroxide. Sodium Perchlorate (NaClO) is a type of 'salt' used in labs and some medicines. It is not the same thing. Hydogen Peroxide is H202, and a very different substance
  • Angeliq... n70shooter 2012/04/21 14:02:56
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    Awesome! Thanks. I do buy my peroxide and rubbing alcohol at Dollar Tree, nobody else sells it for thei price or less
  • kathy 2010/11/28 21:34:55
    kathy
    +1
    I have4 been looking for hp in bulk too, something larger than the small bottles found at the store....I use it in my laundry, a cup at a time and it is really hard to keep it in stock when you can only get it in the small bottles..do you think the dry kind would work just like the liquid?
  • Angeliq... kathy 2010/12/02 22:43:41
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    Those small bottles just don't last, do they? I use it for most of my cleaning. Vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can clean, deodorize and sterilize anything and everything it seems. You know, I never thought about the dry dry stuff. I don't think I've ever seen it. Now I will have to find some just to see if it works as well. If the dry stuff cleans my shower after 5 days of 7 children using it I'll make itr my new cleaning product!
  • Antarctican Pride 101 2009/11/29 20:59:32
    Antarctican Pride 101
    +1
    No... Are you a terrorist ?
  • Angeliq... Antarct... 2009/11/29 21:22:07
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    Ummmmm, NO.
  • Jester 2009/11/29 14:17:09 (edited)
    Jester
    +3
    Not unless you are chemist employed by a laboratory, and even then you would be forced to sign a document and explain what your specific need is for that kind of quantity.

Chemically, hydrogen peroxide is both a solvent and a reactant, therefore is can be helpful for two activities which are highly illegal. One would be clandestine drug manufacturing (to cut away fillers), and the other would be the synthesis of explosive compounds (ammonium nitrate, nitro glycerin).

I would certainly advise against trying to buy large quantities, as the FBI is bound to be paying you a visit as a result.
  • Angeliq... Jester 2009/11/29 21:24:56
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    I had no idea it could be used for either of those activities, until today. Learn somethin' new all the time, eh?
    The last thing I need to do is give anybody any more reasons to add me to a watch list. Thanks for the advice; rest assured, I will be heeding it.
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2009/11/29 12:48:38 (edited)
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +2
    no. the fbi will be knocking at your door if you purchase too much. hp mixed with other household chemicals, cleaners or auto fluid products can make a very powerful chemical bomb simular to the furtilizer bomb that downed the federal building in oklahoma city. you must have a special permit to handle & purchase large amounts, have proof of such an industrial requirement & keep acurate records of consumption. also some chemicals just placed near each other can cause spontaneous combustion through vapors & leakage.

believe me,i was a former sectional fire, safety, hazmat & disaster prep rep in the usaf.
  • Angeliq... luigi1-... 2009/11/29 13:55:27
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    What a bummer! Guess I'll just stick to buying it one bottle at a time, then......
  • haarp35117 2009/11/29 12:33:37
  • Angeliq... haarp35117 2009/11/29 13:56:40
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    Thank you.....
  • RamblingVoices. 2009/11/29 10:58:29
    RamblingVoices.
    +1
    Lol dont they sell it at the same place you get your duct tape?? lol i would love a nosey in your cupboards!!
  • Angeliq... Ramblin... 2009/11/29 11:02:49
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    No, I get my duct tape from Harbor Freight or Home Depot.....
    You'd have a ball in my cupboards, that's for sure! I'm a bit off, sa they say.
    Nothing cleans better than baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Works wonders on the shoowers and tubs! Baking soda and vinegar are great to clean a slow moving frain.....I can buy vinegar and baking soda in bulk but have yet to find it in a bottle large enough to take home.
  • Ramblin... Angeliq... 2009/11/29 11:06:40
    RamblingVoices.
    +1
    lol :)
  • Angeliq... Ramblin... 2009/11/29 11:09:51
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    I swear if I am on a watchlist I'm headed straight to Gitmo for sure because of all the weird stuff I have and the weird Google searches I do....LOL
  • Ramblin... Angeliq... 2009/11/29 11:11:47
    RamblingVoices.
    +1
    whats gitmo?? some sort of institute? lol if so i will meet you there my friend
  • Angeliq... Ramblin... 2009/11/29 11:24:23
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    Guantanamo Bay...where we keep all of the terrorists.
    But when they do come to take me away to the institution? I'll be going while singing, "They're coming to take me away. Haha! They're coming to take me away"......Gotta make it fun, eh? Let's sit in a corner and hum songs together when we get there.
  • Lynda J... Angeliq... 2012/04/03 23:10:12
    Lynda Johns
    +2
    Thought I was the only "off" one out there! :) I never buy (or rarely) any commercial products for cleaning....totally echo your comments on baking soda and peroxide. ...and the vinegar too! I keep all of those things on hand and also have a hard time keeping the peroxide in stock. Just thought I'd mention that a bath with a bottle or two of the peroxide a couple of times a week does absolute wonders and I am virtually never sick! ....just pull your hair up ;)
  • XSummerX Tokio Hotel Freak(= 2009/11/29 10:45:34
    XSummerX Tokio Hotel Freak(=
    +1
    Probally at costco
  • Angeliq... XSummer... 2009/11/29 11:03:42
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    You know, I didn't even think about that. I have never looked for it when I've gone.

2014/10/26 07:17:12