Can anyone tell me how an elected official in Congress can vote on a Bill that no one reads!

MtDuffer 2013/04/14 04:39:12
Doesn't matter if they read a Bill or not they will vote the way I want them to vote.
Why do they have to read the Bill their vote is already bought and paid for.
That is the way of Congress, they don't want you to know.
That is what either party does when they want to have their Bill Passed.
Right now I really don't care anymore.  What I say doesn't count anyway.
I just do not understand how any person living in the United States continue to allow our Congressmen/women to beable to vote on a law that no one has a chance to read. President Obama, time in and time out, has stated over and over that the citizens of this nation will be able to read a bill prior to the Congress puting it to a vote. It hasn't happened. His ObamaCare wasn't published the upcoming Gun Law isn't going to. So, I must ask any and all Liberals what you personally feel about it.

• wysiwis 2013/04/14 05:22:21
    wysiwis
    +7
    Sorry, wish I could. Still haven't heard from my POS Senator if he's EVER read the "B.O.Care act yet. He voted for it without reading it! Unfortunately for me, he was just re-elected buy the GIMME'S.

• phoenix AFCL 2013/04/14 20:30:46
    phoenix AFCL
    +5
    It is contrary to the Constitution that any bill originate outside the confines of our Congressional Representatives. And not one of them claims ownership of Obamacare, for instance. These bills are getting written by outside 'think tanks' and lobbyists for purposes other than taking care of America. "They' have layered rules and crazy interpretations onto the simplicity of the Constitution.

So.. not only do bills NOT originate in the Congress but they are rarely read. Our House of Representatives are supposed to hold and control the purse strings and they could cut funding for anything they want to anytime they want to.

Over the past two - three decades, our reps forgot that they were in DC to govern and be good stewards and represent the people who put them in office. They forgot it was OUR money, not their money they were wheeling and dealing with. Instead, they became experts at 'making the deal'. When you have untold amounts of money floating around and no accountability, corruption sets in as surely as a dead carcass draws flies.
  • MtDuffer phoenix... 2013/04/14 20:46:41
    MtDuffer
    +3
    Phoenix, thank you so very much! That was spot on and I have noticed that there are more people out there that do believe that BOTH parties are corrupt. Now, all we have to do is to change things and we can. The people in the center of both parties can make that change if they have the courage to work together.
  • phoenix... MtDuffer 2013/04/14 20:55:23
    phoenix AFCL
    +3
    It is almost as if we have to change the culture before we can change DC. There is no more virtue, no people of character, no ethics, no principles. The Republicans keep floundering around, trying to 'define' themselves and the answer is right in front of their collective noses. The American taxpayer is hungry to have a politician who speaks the truth with candor and damn the consequences; who is a statesman first and a politician second; who works for the good of the country and not the good of 'the party'. Our government used to be full of such people, even the bureaucrats. But no more. Have you listened to any of JFK's speeches lately? He sounds like a teapartier...lol. (Of course, if you listen to BO's 2008 campaign speeches, so does he...lol.. !!)
  • MtDuffer phoenix... 2013/04/14 21:08:19
    MtDuffer
    +2
    Yep. Man I sure did like JFK.
  • phoenix... MtDuffer 2013/04/14 21:23:08
    phoenix AFCL
    +1
    Yes... How different would the country be if he had not been murdered?
  • Butterfly phoenix... 2013/04/14 21:34:10
    Butterfly
    +2
    We have a bunch of really EVIL people in office now, and MOST are on the dem side. We had an honorable man, but the 'PEOPLE', and voter fraud did not want that. I am afraid, it will take a revelution, to set things straight, if ever. So MUCH CORRUPTION.
    .
    Obama on corrupt list since 2006, 2011, 2012 and I am sure 2013. So, how did he get elected? No one brought that up, for FEAR, they would be called racist or killed. The DEMS , are great with DEATH threats and saying they will RIOT, if obama is not re-elected. It isn't about what is GOOD for the country, it is what is good for THEIR EGO. SCREW THE COUNTRY.
    Hate and revenge is at the core of this Administration. Valarie Jerrat.
  • Butterfly Butterfly 2013/04/14 21:41:24
    Butterfly
    +2
    Corrupt list 2012
    Judicial Watch Weekly Update ; notice all the DEMS..
    Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL) **financial issue**

Secretary of Energy Steven Chu DEM **obama czar**

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton DEM **bengazi liar**

and UN Ambassador Susan Rice DEM **benazi liar**

Attorney General Eric Holder DEM **just in GENERAL liar and corrupt**

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) **courrpt, normal for him****

Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ)**pedophile***

President Barack Obama DEM ***where do I start?**

Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) ***little dictator***

Rep. David Rivera (R-FL)

Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius DEM ***liar on welfare*

Dishonorable Mentions for 2012 include:

Former Sen. John Edwards (D-NC) **affair***

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) **“probable cause****DEM, attack?

Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano DEM ***liar and destructor of US)
    Gen. David Petraeus ?

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) DEM

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) **big mouth, racist ahole**
  • phoenix... Butterfly 2013/04/15 00:41:22
    phoenix AFCL
    +1
    Good list, butterfly.
  • phoenix... Butterfly 2013/04/15 00:40:55
    phoenix AFCL
    +1
    And, of course, the Republicans sold us out, (as usual) by agreeing not to contest the election results BEFORE the election. Funny how BO only won in states that did not have voter id. Romney won in all those states.

You are right about Valerie Jarrett. She was fired from her job under Mayor Daley in Chicago for corruption. (How do you manage that in a state famous for it's corruption?) I don't know if we will survive with any values intact after this administration.
  • Butterfly phoenix... 2013/04/14 21:29:16
    Butterfly
    +2
    ***The U.S. Defense Department cannot account for nearly $9 billion earmarked for rebuilding Iraq. **** (what could suffering America's do with that money?)

A special inspector general reported today there's no way to trace much of the spending. He blamed shoddy record-keeping. The oil funds are separate from the $53 billion allocated by Congress for rebuilding Iraq.
    A campaign finance bill stalled in the Senate today. Republicans blocked a bid to advance the legislation. They said it would violate free speech rights. Democrats said it was necessary to make interest groups disclose their donors if they run attack ads. Earlier this year, the Supreme Court allowed corporations and unions to give direct support to candidates for federal office.
    .
    65 Million was LOST in Haiti, and they don't know WHERE, it went. (I say stop giving to haiti, they have recieved help since 1915, what changes?)
    .
    Solyndra..the biggest scam by obama yet.. It went to all kind of ILLEGAL groups. 535 millions.
    .
    We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless, etc.?
    In the last years we have provided direct cash aid to
    Haiti - 1.4 B,
    Hamas - 351 M,
    Pakistan - 2 B,
    Libya 1.45 B,
    Egypt - 397 M,
    Mexico - 622 M,
    Russia - 380 M,
    Jordan - 463 M,
    Kenya - 816 M,
    Sudan...

.
    .
    .
    Haiti - 1.4 B,
    Hamas - 351 M,
    Pakistan - 2 B,
    Libya 1.45 B,
    Egypt - 397 M,
    Mexico - 622 M,
    Russia - 380 M,
    Jordan - 463 M,
    Kenya - 816 M,
    Sudan - 870 M,
    Nigeria - 456 M,
    Uganda - 451 M,
    Congo - 359 M,
    Ethiopia - 981 M,
    South Africa - 566 M,
    Senegal - 698 M,
    Mozambique - 404 M,
    Zambia - 331 M,
    Kazakhstan - 304 M,
    Iraq - 1.08 B,
    Tanzania - 554 M,
    with literally Billions of Dollars and they still hate us!
    Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour
    Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!
  • phoenix... Butterfly 2013/04/14 21:37:08
    phoenix AFCL
    +1
    Stinks, doesn't it? There was a letter written on the editorial page of our newspaper a few days ago with the writer saying that America, as a super power, HAS to step up and feed the world.... that it was our responsibility. I almost fell out of my chair. This person was sincere. The whole time I was reading this little ditty, I was thinking... "How 'bout us feeding the people right here in the USA (if we weren't broke)? Then I remembered.. we already are feeding people here in the USA, What has been the increase in food stamps since BO took office? lol
  • Blueskys phoenix... 2013/04/15 04:43:23
  • phoenix... Blueskys 2013/04/15 16:47:01 (edited)
    phoenix AFCL
    +1
    An excellent article and a brilliant dissection of what is happening right before our eyes.. making our elected representatives more and more irrelevant (along with the voting citizen) and putting the boot of the bureaucrats on the throat of America. It is quite depressing.

The 'system' is now so deeply entrenched I have no idea how we can ever root it out and get things turned around.
  • Alexander T Steward 2013/04/14 19:49:44
  • Masaca 2013/04/14 19:13:44
    Masaca
    +4
    Well, seeing as they have 239 days off per year I would think they would have plenty of time to read any bill, no matter how long it may be. That is, if they are (truly,) into the (health and welfare,) of the country that (they claim they love so much. )

Besides, I don't think people in Congress ever reads (during any administration,) any bills. They have their staff and aids to read and interpret them, and condense them into a memo format for them (congress person.)
  • MtDuffer Masaca 2013/04/14 19:39:56
    MtDuffer
    +3
    They do, that way the responciblity is on the Aids not the Elected Official.
  • Masaca MtDuffer 2013/04/14 19:42:48
    Masaca
    +2
    LOL, you really believe that?
  • Butterfly Masaca 2013/04/14 21:52:55
    Butterfly
    +2
    IT is true, they have already said, 'that is what their staff, told them',,MTDUFFER, is CORRECT. You dont' think,,politicians would DEFELCT, IN any way they could, not to be culpable?
  • Masaca Butterfly 2013/04/14 22:11:00 (edited)
    Masaca
    +1
    Actually I misread the intent of his reply to me. But, in any case, there is absolutely no Congress person past, present, or future who would open lt admit, or even imply that they DO NOT read the bills they are (expected to read,) fully and make decisions/vote upon. Not a one. They're mode of deflection is to blame the other party for creating bill with that are (too,) large for them to read, as in the context of this poll.
  • Butterfly Masaca 2013/04/14 21:50:41
    Butterfly
    +2
    That is true, one of the PERKS. They ' NEED'' so much help.
    We have, ROYALTY, that is on the PEOPLE'S dole.
  • phoenix... Butterfly 2013/04/15 00:44:24
    phoenix AFCL
    Funny how Rand Paul managed to turn $ 600,000 back in from his unused office expenses, isn't it? If he can do it, surely more of our elected officials could do so in similar fashion. That was over 1/2 million dollars. Makes ya wonder just how much they are allowed as office expenses/operating expenses. Whatever it is, it is waaaay too much.
  • Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL 2013/04/14 18:44:00
    Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL
    +3
    These Congress critters should be made to have to look over they're shoulders for the way they vote for the rest of they're natural lives........
  • Butterfly Sal Mon... 2013/04/14 21:54:40
    Butterfly
    +4
    I hope it is ,,,,,soon.
  • MtDuffer Butterfly 2013/04/15 00:13:23
    MtDuffer
    +1
    That is why we need term limits.
  • phoenix... MtDuffer 2013/04/15 00:46:00
    phoenix AFCL
    In addition to term limits, I think they should pass a law that they have to take two laws off the books for every one law they add. Maybe in a kazillion years, we would have a government that makes sense?
  • MtDuffer phoenix... 2013/04/15 01:00:38
    MtDuffer
    +1
    Yes, that would be a good idea. I guess the simpliest way is to go through and reduce the pages of redunted pages of the same law.
  • phoenix... MtDuffer 2013/04/15 01:09:49
    phoenix AFCL
    Yes.. and someone should go thru every department and agency and defund every duplicated project/program etc. Gee, sounds familiar, doesn't it? Oh yeah.. BO promised to do that before he was elected, didn't he? Jusst one more thing he hasn't gotten around to like... jobs for every American who wants one, allowing proposed bills to be seen 5 days before they are voted on, kicking lobbyists out of DC... and on & on....
  • MtDuffer phoenix... 2013/04/16 00:07:12
    MtDuffer
    +1
    You are so on the target! Lying Obama
  • phoenix... MtDuffer 2013/04/16 01:51:24
    phoenix AFCL
    +1
    yikes. I couldn't get the video to play? but maybe it is just a picture of the video. :) But it's a good one.. lying about Libya. You know what? It would be easier and a much shorter list to name what BO hasn't lied about, right? Except I can't think of anything he hasn't lied about. Mybad.. LOL
  • MtDuffer phoenix... 2013/04/16 16:21:33
    MtDuffer
    +1
    I believe maybe Soda Head might have stopped it, don't know. Anyway it was a photo that was stating the he has no problem in lying.
  • phoenix... MtDuffer 2013/04/16 20:52:45
    phoenix AFCL
    +1
    You gotta give him credit. He is superb at it.... a master.
  • Cn2012 2013/04/14 18:26:12
    Cn2012
    +3
    I'm convinced that they only follow the money. We are all just cash cows and they really could care less what we want. Everyone just keep working and paying your taxes. Stop and actually think for a minute and heck, things might change.
  • tytyvyllus 2013/04/14 18:17:16
    tytyvyllus
    +3
    because they can and most are incumbents so we either begin to vote them out or reconcile ourselves to the fact that we now have the government we deserve.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2013/04/14 18:06:44
    NarcolepticGoat
    +4
    a better question would be how many bills do the elected officials read themselves
  • Butterfly Narcole... 2013/04/14 21:56:15
    Butterfly
    +3
    NONE. It would be to 'taxing' on their delicate narcissitic personality's. They all think they are little kings.
  • MtDuffer Narcole... 2013/04/15 00:29:08
    MtDuffer
    +1
    The sad part of our "elected Washington Officials" that once that they are elected they don't listen to the common voter in their districts. It is the people with the money that they listen too
  • Spyro 2013/04/14 18:05:15
    Spyro
    +5
    Bills have way too many pages, a lot of the crap put into them probably has nothing to do with the bill anyhow, it's just to overwhelm them into passing the bill without reading it so if there is something hidden inside that may conflict peoples decision, it's already passed because no one read the bill.

Both sides do it, not just one!
  • Butterfly Spyro 2013/04/14 22:01:45
    Butterfly
    +3
    Well, republicans read the bill for Sandy victims and the DEMS...loaded it up with PORK for their pet projects,,,like HEAD start. There was a big 'to do',,about that. The DEMS,,inflated the Bill to THREE TIMES, what was needed for Sandy victims. The bill was delayed, and the republicans, took the brunt of that again for being , honorable. Then, recently, a bill by the dems for veterans. Sounds, good doesn't it? The Republicans, votoed that bill and got royally beat up by media and public...What you didn't know is that,,,MOST OF IT WAS TO GIVE MONEY TO THE MUSLIM COUNTRYS.
    We need to get OUT all the dems. The republicans aren't PERFECT, but I perfer them for "trying" to budget our money. The DEMS,,,are SPENDERS. Spendaholics.
  • MtDuffer Butterfly 2013/04/15 00:33:07
    MtDuffer
    +1
    I agree to some point. I believe that the parties are doing the same thing. It is sad that a person must buy a vote for a bridge to nowhere..
  • Spyro Butterfly 2013/04/15 05:40:31
    Spyro
    +1
    You are more likely a Conservative aren't you? But afraid to show it. You are trying to pick an argument with me and using your FANCY type of writing WITH BIG LETTERS to try and PROVE A point.

You ignore that conservatives do the same thing and turn to pointing fingers mostly at Democrats and Obama. If you'd like I can look up several bills by the conservatives and show you just how guilty they are of the same thing. So that next time you wont be blaming Democrats mostly.

2014/12/21 15:10:18