Can A US President Have Dual Citizenship?

doc moto 2012/09/08 06:45:52
YES
NO
Maybe and WHY?
...

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRaSBLHlfU

• Dorakichi 2012/09/09 11:48:19 (edited)
    YES
    Dorakichi
    +1
    According to the US Department of State, US law says NOTHING about dual citizenship as a disqualification for US citizenship--or for the presidency. For example, a child born in the US to citizens of a foreign country may be both a US citizen and a citizen of a foreign country (i.e. my case--my parents are Irish immigrants, which makes me a dual US-Irish citizen; also the de facto case of President Millard Filmore, whose father was a British subject [and, arguably, also the cases of Pres. Woodrow Wilson and Pres. Herbert Hoover, whose mothers were British subjects]); or a child born in a foreign country to a U.S. citizen-parent may be both a U.S. citizen and a citizen of the country of birth (i.e. my children--who are US citizens by birth to me [a NJ born-and-raised US citizen] AND also citizens of their mother's country, where they were born [Japan], AND, under Irish law, also citizens of Ireland, of which I am also a citizen due to my parents' birth).

Constitutional Interpretation of what constitutes a "natural born citizen" has not yet been definitively addressed by the Supreme Court. While current interpretation MAY exclude my children from ever being president (because they were born in Japan), it DOES NOT exclude me who was born and raised in NJ-- AND nevertheless has dual nationality.
  • doc moto Dorakichi 2012/09/10 01:50:11
    doc moto
    Well, chock up one for the YES category! Are you ready to run? The one we have now was born in Kenya...
  • Wolf 2012/09/08 08:44:11
    NO
    Wolf
    +1
    No US citizen can have dual citizenship ...legal immigrants can but not a person with US citizenship...that is the Law...
  • doc moto Wolf 2012/09/08 14:32:11
    doc moto
    Lets call it above "REGULAR" citizen can have dual as long as that DUAL is approved by the other nation/state, NEVIS St. KITT for example and Panama also and a few others... Some require lots of money like Poland, and then after awhile you might end up relinquishing your US Citizenship and once done you cannot get it back! Dual stuff require 'A WALK on the QUIET SIDE' and money!
  • doc moto 2012/09/08 06:46:21
    NO
    doc moto
    NO! Cannot!

2014/07/22 17:35:51