Bush spends millions of taxpayer money to go to Texa, Camp David, Kennebuckport
- 2010/06/07 21:44:43
- Read all 24 opinions
Rather, right behind.
right wing carping about President Obama's Saturday sojourn to New York
is so altogether predictable that the only surprise would have been if
they'd remained uncharacteristically silent and not made an issue out
But it raises a more interesting question: Why didn't we hear one
whimper of carping on all of those occasions when George W Bush flew
off on Air Force One to his Texas ranch, Camp David, Kennebunkport, or
wherever else he chose to go during the weekends of his presidency? If
memory serves correctly, Bush spent less actual time in Washington
during his two terms in office than any other president in recent
So why didn't we hear any complaints from the Republican side of the
aisle, or the ring-wing lunatics, when Bush was spending all of those
valuable taxpayer dollars on his own weekend escapades? Could it be
because he was a Republican?
All other possible explanations for this apparent oversight are welcome.
This may been a year ago, but that doesn't change the fact that Bush used millions of dollars to travel around the country for weekend get-a-ways.
- IF ONLY THE RIGHT WOULD LEAVE THE CONSTITUTION ALONE...
- Rand Paul At Fancy Farm: Congress Needs A Waiting Period Before Passing Legislati...
- Republicans want a return to George W. Bush. At least they are giving their idea...
- Stoner Kidnapping 101, AKA 'Rand Paul: The College Years
- 49-51 Park Place, owned by Con Edison, is being appraised for a possible sale to ...