Bus Driver Uppercuts Woman: Is It Ever OK for a Man to Hit a Woman?

Related Topics: Bus Driver Uppercut, News
This week, "Ryu" [of Street Fighter fame] "Uppercut," and "busdriveruppercutplaylist" were trending on Twitter, and for good reason. A video titled "Bus Driver Uppercuts Female Passenger" surfaced, originally through World Star Hip-Hop, and went viral.

The video was recorded on a public transit bus in Cleveland and shows a 25-year-old woman verbally ripping the bus driver to shreds. It is unknown what caused the argument as of press time. Rather than call for security or simply kick her off the bus, the driver, an adult male, first told her he would get his female family members to fight on his behalf.

The next sequence was like something out of Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. The driver actually punched the girl in the face with an uppercut and sent her crashing to the floor. The driver then tried to throw her out of the bus, but she popped back up and the two had to be separated.

As verbally abusive as the girl seemed to be, there isn't any good reason the man should hit the woman -- no matter how unruly she is. The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA) issued an apology as the video made rounds online and the driver has been suspended. The victim claims that she will send the driver to jail. Considering the video evidence, things don't look good for the uppercutting bus driver's future.

Read More: http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleI...

• sharkhead 2013/08/04 04:33:51
    sharkhead
    Only if she hits first.
  • Lady Nemirstības 2013/08/04 02:26:53
    Lady Nemirstības
    +1
    In self defense.
  • Tony 2013/08/04 02:25:28
    Tony
    +1
    Only in self defense
  • tom 2012/12/27 21:31:03
    tom
    ONLY under certain circumstances if she starts it well remember "if a woman is man enough to hit a man then shes man enough to get hit by a man." If a man starts hitting a women or she doesnt deserve it then its a whole diffrent story.
  • tyler 2012/11/22 17:48:44
    tyler
    Why is there only a punishment for a man hitting a woman and never a woman hitting a man if a woman hits a man she must feel that she has enough strength to fight him to me the rule of a woman hitting a man is crap woman can be just as strong as men if they do more physical work their body's are just like ours the only difference is the sexual organs woman can build the same amount of muscle as a man look in the magazines
  • rsha.ahmed.18 2012/11/14 16:25:39
    rsha.ahmed.18
    Objection without agression.
  • Mike 2012/11/14 14:12:02 (edited)
    +1
    Yes, for the same reasons a man would hit another man. As bad as violence may be, there is no reason why woman should get privileged treatment. It's part of gender equality. It would be sexist and irrational to just accept violent behavior from someone because of their gender. To those who might want to challenge this view, saying that response should be any different is practically inferring that woman don't have the same degree of responsibility as man, now isn't that a sexist idea? Another equally sexist idea that would provide cover for this logic to be deemed acceptable would be that woman can do whatever they like because of their gender, when that is not true for any human being, regardless of gender. With that said, I'll repeat that I find violence appalling and it should be avoided at all times and that the best response to verbal violence is to simply ignore it.
  • Lady Serena 2012/11/14 13:34:37
    Lady Serena
    but ONLY because she truly had this one coming. she wants to fight and argue like a "wannabe gangsta" then she should be able to take a hit like one. this is why I have very little respect for fellow black women.
  • judge 2012/11/13 21:47:33
    judge
    +2
    Self defense, we didn't get to see if she hit him first. Could have been handled better.
  • Jabbo Jones 2012/11/13 17:56:42
    Jabbo Jones
    +2
    I used to say 'no'. However, a co-worker pointed out that in this day & age of Equality, if a woman raises her hands to hit a man and wants to fight, then she should be prepared for whatever the consequences are.
  • No
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    Any man beats any one less than him in fighting ability isn't a man.Th
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 02:14:16
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    Self-defense is self-defense, no matter the gender. No one is superior.

PS: Not all women are weak or helpless, so how can you assume she had inferior fighting ability?
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 02:27:28
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    you haven't studied the difference between both gender's anatomy ,,have you ?!
    men generally have more muscles and streanch than women ..therefore they are normally stronger.
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 02:34:07
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    GENERALLY!!! Thank you for saying that word. People should look at cases from individual case to individual case.

If a guy kicks me, I kick him. Same with a girl. There are women who not only are able to defend themselves, but also women who strike first. Would you mind reading the article again?

What shouldn't happen is use of force without proportion. Example: I get slapped, then I punch the person who slapped me.

I have studied pretty well, enough to say that many women are not as weak as proposed.

I am also aware that, if you are going to attack someone, NO MATTER WHO, then you should expect the consequences.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 02:37:27
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    I'm sorry i was talking about what a REAL MAN should do in cases like that one.
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 02:57:26
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +2
    I don't care for low attacks. Most women in this page actually agree with me, in case you haven't seen that.

And you see, I care to be a REAL person, more than a man. I see people for what they are worth and not for being a man or a woman.

If you want to live in equality, it must be an equality of RIGHTS and DUTIES. No one is better than anyone else. And I am sorry that you think you are better than men.

A REAL PERSON will defend himself or herself. A REAL PERSON will love himself or herself enough to care less for gender roles. If you don't defend yourself, that's your problem. I won't do the same mistake though.

I don't care for Gender, or Sexual Orientation, or Race, or Religion. If one wants to be my friend, that person is welcome. If one wants to attack me, expect payback.

And another thing: A REAL MATURE PERSON doesn't use low insults like the one's you used.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 03:10:30
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    who says i'm real ?
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 03:32:56
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    If you're not real, then who are you to talk about real? A hypocrite.

This is a debate website, where people are supposed to debate each other. If your response to that is insults, instead of defending whatever you believe in, then that's immature.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 03:34:33
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    that was a sarcasm weird.
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 03:39:22
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    A pointless use of sarcasm, may I add. You didn't explain why you believe what you believe, and you expect others to take you seriously. I'm sorry but I deal with enough sheepple here to care for this. Either you write something serious, or you won't be taken seriously. That simple.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 03:44:30
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    say what you like to say ,,it will never change the fact that real man would never beat a woman or a child ,,,deal with it boy .
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 04:01:16
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    A child is helpless, so nobody should hit a child.

I am against Domestic Violence.

I am not against self-defense, because YOU are NOT more than ME, and I am NOT more than you.

Reality doesn't change just because you close your eyes. Deal with it, girl.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 04:14:34
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    first of all i'm not girl i'm a woman that is aware of the differences between the two genders ,,and i do respect them
    although these differences are not an excuse to treat women miserably ,,nor to beat them as equal fellows ,women (in general) are weaker than men ,,,(physically)
    and i don't have a complex of this fact ,,,simply becuz its a fact.
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 04:46:46
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    Generally. You are right. Women are physically weaker than generally men are. But I'm not talking about the generality of women. I am talking about a women who is strong enough to attack me out of fin air. I am physically weaker than most males my age, for example. I'm even weaker than many females my age, and this is no exaggeration.

If I am in front of you, insulting you, calling you names and treating you bellow human, then I should take the consequences. The consequences of you being rightfully angry, and insult me back, or slap me, or if you're able to, kick me or punch me. That is my point: Responsibility and Consequence.

Like I said, I'm not even for violence. I have seen too much of it for my taste, in fact. I am saying that if a woman has a knife and she's gonna use it against me, I am not going to contemplate the fact that she's a woman, because she doesn't care what I am, as she is trying to kill me.

And I agree with you: Treating women as inferior for being women is a bad disgusting behavior.

I have taken too much humiliation from both boys and girls to actually care for them, because they don't care for me. I don't care if you are man, woman, christian, muslim, jew, atheist, straight, gay, bi, whatever. But if anyone is going to humiliate me like I was humiliated before, I Will Not forgive that person.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 04:54:20
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    +1
    you still have a long life ahead of you buddy ,,you can prove them wrong.
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 05:08:49
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    +1
    You are right. And I will prove them wrong, in time. Not even if it's the last thing I do. :)

I apologize for my previously aggressive speech, by the way. Violence (in any form) is rarely ever a way of solving ways.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 05:37:57
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    +1
    its OK ,no hard feelings.
  • ♥☆ ـــا... Zamboni... 2013/08/04 03:38:00
    ♥☆ ـــاطمةfēmàłėفـــــ☆♥
    besides i'm insisting on my opinion to be the right one here and you insisted to disagree with me , i don't see any reason to continue this so-called debate.
  • Zamboni... ♥☆ ـــا... 2013/08/04 03:43:12
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    Alright then. It makes sense. I admit I did persist on the issue because of how you used an offensive insinuation.

But being this the case, what do you believe to be the right thing society should do about gender. How do you believe society should treat men and women?
  • sadarius Sarivong 2012/11/06 15:58:12
    sadarius Sarivong
    +2
    She deserved it
  • Jenny 2012/11/03 19:07:54
    Jenny
    +2
    Only in self defense.
  • luigi.yomeromero 2012/10/31 19:04:52
    luigi.yomeromero
    +1
    If Police tries to punish that driver, it is our duty to support him.
  • hippycat 2012/10/29 16:59:26
    hippycat
    violence - no matter who does what - is always wrong. Gender doesn't really come into it. Love and peace!
  • themasses_unite 2012/10/28 16:57:55
    themasses_unite
    I think self defense and just plain ignorance is two different things. There were a number of other actions this man could have taken. The fact is, Cleveland doesn't need this type of negativity just like the next major city. Read a professional therapists answer at: http://www.narrativesofthemas...
  • Nick 2012/10/25 14:17:21
    Nick
    No excuse whatever to hit anyone for talking, thats what soccer fans do
  • awizardalso 2012/10/25 11:27:49
    awizardalso
    First off, I don't believe a girl or a woman should hit a boy or a man. Self defense is an instinctual right. I've only hit two females in my life. One was in the second grade, she broke my nose, I returned the gesture by dotting her eye! The other case was years ago, where I was in a relationship with an abusive woman. You can only withstand so much before you fight back and then the relationship's over. I've been married (only once) for 26 years. The worst I've done in our marriage, is I raised my voice at my wife twice in all those years! Hopefully, that explains where my head's at. I'm an old hippie and prefer peace, but, hit me, and I'll try to turn the other cheek but.....provoke me enough and I'll probably hit you back! I don't care what your gender is!
  • alyssa 2012/10/25 05:15:20
    alyssa
    +2
    most men were taught to never hit a woman. however, if a woman comes after a man like that, then hell yes it is ok. it's called self defense. ya some men may be stronger then some women. but i'm pretty sure this lady can handle her own, until he gave her the knockout.
  • velorna.curtis 2012/10/25 03:47:55
    velorna.curtis
    +2
    If you hit someone then you have to assume they will fight back.... She didnt just tap him, she was choking him and spit in his face. She lucky he didn't do more.
  • CharmaEvans 2012/10/23 17:38:02
    CharmaEvans
    I don't think anyone should hit anyone. Even if the person is verbally abusive.
  • streetjust 2012/10/23 10:58:48
    streetjust
    +1
    Its a romantic notion that a man should never hit a woman. Throw that idea out the door once the vows have been said. Even the law recognizes instances of self-defense. Some people just never learn appropriate social skills and think the only way to get their point across is through physical aggression. Sometimes they wil lforce you to defend yourself. Having been in an abusive marriage I know that women can be as aggressive as men can be.

2014/10/02 00:29:19