Bruce Willis: Don’t Infringe On Second Amendment Rights… Big Rave Bruce Willis

CAPISCE 2013/02/06 18:17:21
Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
other
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bruce Willis says he’s against new gun control laws that could infringe on Second Amendment rights. The “Die Hard” star also dismisses any link between Hollywood shootouts and real-life gun violence.

“I think that you can’t start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it’s all going to become undone,” Willis told The Associated Press in a recent interview while promoting his latest film, “A Good Day To Die Hard.” ”If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn’t they take all your rights away from you?”

Willis’ fifth outing as wise-cracking cop John McClane, due in theaters Feb. 14, comes as his action franchise marks its 25th anniversary. The 57-year-old actor will also be seen firing away at bad guys in the upcoming sequels “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and “Red 2,” both due later this year.

Willis added that he doesn’t see how additional legislation could prevent future mass shootings.

“It’s a difficult thing and I really feel bad for those families,” he said. “I’m a father and it’s just a tragedy. But I don’t know how you legislate insanity. I don’t know what you do about it. I don’t even know how you begin to stop that.”

• Mamaknows 2013/02/06 18:20:05
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    Mamaknows
    +12
    Smart man...from hollywood...usualy a misnomer but he has sense, a brain, and talent.
    YEAH gif

• keeper 2013/02/22 18:39:39
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    keeper
    +1
    But I disagree...I think Hollywood plays a role in these killing sprees.
  • nicesteve 2013/02/10 04:22:59
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    nicesteve
    +1
    A good American man. He is obviously standing up for the US Constitution.
    I only wish that I could say the same of that Democratic party. They are more
    like the Autocratic party, and as such, are hardly trustworthy enough to uphold
    the Constitution of the United States of America.
  • thezone 2013/02/10 04:14:07
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    thezone
    This is a Second Amendment pop-culture rock song which sums up how a lot of law abiding Americans feel

• CAPISCE thezone 2013/02/10 04:16:13
    CAPISCE
    Can you post the lyrics?
  • thezone CAPISCE 2013/02/10 05:58:57
    thezone
    +1
    I don't have the lyrics but here is the whole concert http://www.youtube.com/playli... its on a playlist so when one song ends the next song will automatically begin. The concert also plays better on YouTube than it does here
  • CAPISCE thezone 2013/02/25 01:57:20
    CAPISCE
    Thanks
  • hasher 2013/02/10 03:00:48
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    hasher
    +1
    another hollywood actor that actually makes sense. is it any wonder that he and stars like sylvester stallone, chuck norris, and steven seagal are always in these action adventure movies?? they are conservatives. and hollywood actually has a few.
  • vdehl 2013/02/10 00:29:04
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    vdehl
    +1
    Obama looks as comfortable as Willis with a gun in his hands. What do'you know? Bruce Willis gund ladden
  • ALofRI 2013/02/09 21:10:25
    other
    ALofRI
    I have seen NO-ONE infringing on Second Amendment rights. Maybe a few radical left wingers....yes, we have them too, just not so many...and not so radical. Certainly nothing Obama wants is an "infringement", just a bit of common sense to do SOMETHING to save a few lives. Nothing like Mr. "LaLa"-Peirre claims
  • Wolf 2013/02/09 16:41:24
    other
    Wolf
    +1
    The US Constitution no longer exists---by the tyranny we have witnessed over the last decade it is clear we do not have a functional Government under the US Constitution---the Auto Bailout showed how the US Bankruptcy Law is violated, the Benghazi Cover Up showed how the Obama Watergate goes without resultant actions and the Obamacare Supreme Court ruling where the Court violated is statutory limits under the Constitution by amending a Law (Penalty to a Tax) which is only Congress is allowed to perform shows that America no longer is Government by the US Constitution but rather by tyrants who decide the laws and enforce those they wish---
  • Charles White 2013/02/09 16:02:31
    other
    Charles White
    +2
    I voted others because Bill is mental unstable! ! ! All for his movies is center around gun violence. He is a has been and is trying to keep his name and face in the media.
  • Woody 2013/02/09 14:33:16 (edited)
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    Woody
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    +3
    Americans need to comprehend creeping incrementalism! Barack Obama stated that if the new proposed gun legislation is passed and saves only a "single life", the effort would have been worth it! REALLY? Then after the legislation is passed and another KILLER takes out a theater or a school with a hunting rifle, will banning that weapon on the same premise and rhetoric be pursued? You bet it will and in the statement, you will find the method by which they intend to STEAL you Second Amendment RIGHTS. They are also coming after you First Amendment Rights with political correctness and hate speech laws!

BEWARE!!!
  • jimmy "In God We Trust" 2013/02/09 04:28:16
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    jimmy  "In God We Trust"
    +4
    Bruce Willis is one of only a hand full of actor that I have any respect for and I will pay to see his movies most Hollywood celebrities can piss off.
  • hasher jimmy ... 2013/02/10 03:03:00
    hasher
    +2
    you mean like most of the actors in the expendibles?? wasnt that and the 2nd one good??? and most of those actors are conservative.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/09 03:38:35
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    Great job!
  • rolliby 2013/02/09 01:44:13
    other
    rolliby
    I agree with half of what he said. However, he is making statements that will not condemn his own genre of movies. Should he actually acknowledge that movie violence influences people that watch them, his pocketbook would take a hit - big time. Another example of celebrities "saying what you want to hear" while protecting their own bottom line.
  • RH rolliby 2013/02/09 05:41:29
    RH
    Just wondering what studies you've seen that show that violence in movies affects someone?
  • evangelism_vision 2013/02/09 01:27:30
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    evangelism_vision
  • Just Call Me Friend 2013/02/08 21:46:44 (edited)
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    Just Call Me Friend
    +5
    I'm with Bruce...maybe they should take away our cooking utensils too! C'mon people! Get a grip and quit blaming an non living object! The person behind the weapon is the responsible party! And blaming movies? Get real...stop blaming others and take responsibility for your own actions or make the person/people take responsibility for their actions! This whole 2nd Amendment Right...is a RIGHT! And our Government is trying to make it like it's a priveledge. We have the right to protect ourselves and our families from the people who use weapons to hurt or kill others! I am so sick of all the controversy surrounding this Gun Control that it's starting to make me sick and wish that I no longer lived in this country, let alone be a citizen of this country. It's gone to hell and I don't see it returning! Just my opinion though!!!
    Lets just ban STUPIDITY AND ALL THE PEOPLE WITH NO COMMON SENSE!!!! Hmmm  Don t try to rob my house or hurt my family
  • A Found... Just Ca... 2013/02/09 04:26:50 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    OK, I agree, you are hereby BANNED. Please, take your toys and don't come back.
  • JCD aka "biz" 2013/02/08 21:07:23
    other
    JCD aka "biz"
    "Great promo for the new movie" (think4yrslf's comment, about a dozen posts below. I agree.
  • JCD aka... JCD aka... 2013/02/08 21:09:19
    JCD aka "biz"
    - three or four dozen posts below, actually.
  • WinterLynn 2013/02/08 20:33:41
  • HOMBRE 2013/02/08 19:39:41
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    HOMBRE
    +2
    Now it's time for LWNJ to throw old Bruce under the bus and dismiss him as a lousy actor. You think?
  • WinterLynn HOMBRE 2013/02/08 20:34:51
  • redhorse29 2013/02/08 19:36:34
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    redhorse29
    +2
    No argument from me.
  • "Shooter" E-7 ™ 2013/02/08 19:34:54
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    +3
    oh oh...he may not get to make another movie because of his statement..
  • BrightShadow 2013/02/08 18:18:28 (edited)
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    BrightShadow
    +7
    Go Bruce....

bruce willis gun rights
  • No Name 2013/02/08 16:41:28
  • rbeas 2013/02/08 15:31:06
    other
    rbeas
    +1
    This was a perfect opportunity for him to speek out about the violence in the film industry, wonder why he did't?
  • "Shoote... rbeas 2013/02/08 19:36:27
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    that would mean the end of his career...his statement was bad enough as it is.
  • rbeas "Shoote... 2013/02/08 20:19:12
  • hasher "Shoote... 2013/02/10 03:05:10
    hasher
    +1
    dont think so there will always be those action adventure movies. bruce has been doing quite a few lately.
  • Sheery rbeas 2013/02/09 10:23:19
    Sheery
    +2
    Maybe he values his freedom.
  • rbeas Sheery 2013/02/09 13:58:20
    rbeas
    Maybe he values his bank account too.
  • Angelatxpatriot 2013/02/08 15:13:43
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    Angelatxpatriot
    +4
    It's always rare and refreshing when a Hollywood actually supports the constitution. Too much we hear from the extreme left when it comes to actors, musicians. See it's easy to sit in your ivory tower and dictate how life "should' be, but in the real world, where real people don't have body guards, where real people can't afford to send their kids to private schools, where real people have to deal with the trials and tribulations of life, it's not so pretty, it's real. I'm sure if money and luxury was disposable for me, I'd probably me more ideological, but since I live in a real world, logic has to come first.

Way to back our Constitution Bruce Willis!
  • "Shoote... Angelat... 2013/02/08 19:37:56
    "Shooter" E-7 ™
    Bruce Willis is not Hollywood, he is just one person from Hollywood.
  • Angelat... "Shoote... 2013/02/09 14:37:38
    Angelatxpatriot
    when I say Hollywoods, I mean, all actors/actresses....Hollywoods, it's a term I use to include Hollywood types.
  • Old Nellie Bones 2013/02/08 06:07:03
    Bruce Willis (RAVE and Share)
    Old Nellie Bones
    +4
    Nice to see at least one man in Hollywood has a pair.

2014/07/24 17:49:12