Boy Scouts shouldn't abandon morality

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2013/01/31 21:49:30
Agreed.
Disagreed.
Not sure.
On February 6, the Boy Scouts of America will stand at the edge of a cliff.

They will either pull back from it, or step off it.

In the linked article, a former Eagle Scout tells first-hand what happens to a troop when it has a homosexual member who won't keep his hands to himself.

After awhile, they had to kick him out of the troop. With this change, they wouldn't be able to do that anymore.

Bottom line: if the Boy Scouts make this change, they will not be the Boy Scouts anymore. Not, at least, the Boy Scouts that I was part of--and in the interest of full disclosure, I also was an Eagle Scout.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2013/01/31...

Agreed.
    +17
    As I said in the description, I was an Eagle Scout. It took me three years to get there, and at the time that was not much above the minimum time required to be in Scouting. And I couldn't have imagined one Scout touching another in a less-than-appropriate manner.

If the Scouts cave to whatever pressure they're now under, they won't be the Scouts anymore.

And if it means discontinuing all sponsorships and going back to direct parental sponsorship (i.e., dues), then let them do it.

Otherwise, I'd have to recommend parents enroll their sons and daughters in Christian Service Brigades

http://csbministries.org/

or Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior (GEMS)

http://www.gemsgc.org/

• D D 2013/02/09 11:56:08
    Agreed.
    D D
    +1
    Morality has always been a part of the boy scouts. It is a good thing. Soooo many boys have no father and they need a male in their life to teach them such things. Lord knows they are not learning any morality in our schools or TV movies music etc.
  • Magus BN-0 2013/02/05 00:55:15
    Disagreed.
    Magus BN-0
    +1
    Bigotry is not morality.
  • rightside Magus BN-0 2013/02/06 18:38:00
    rightside
    +1
    Yes, you are right. The homosexuals that hate Christians should be silenced. They are hateful and intolerant. Why do they have to force their lifestyle on others that don't agree with them? Why do they have to make everyone like them while they hate those that don't approve of their lifestyle?
    I don't understand that at all.
  • Magus BN-0 rightside 2013/02/06 19:52:33
    Magus BN-0
    Homosexuals aren't trying to force their "lifestyle" on anyone.
  • rightside Magus BN-0 2013/02/06 19:57:10
    rightside
    +1
    Then why are they trying to force themselves on others that don't agree with them?
  • Magus BN-0 rightside 2013/02/06 19:59:19
    Magus BN-0
    They're not "forcing themselves".
  • rightside Magus BN-0 2013/02/06 20:00:33
    rightside
    +1
    What part of "let us in" don't you get? What part of that isn't forcing their sex lives on others.
  • Magus BN-0 rightside 2013/02/06 20:03:09
    Magus BN-0
    It's insane to think that is "forcing their sex lives on others."
  • rightside Magus BN-0 2013/02/06 20:12:20
    rightside
    +1
    No, its insane that you think that a Christian has to say "come on in" to those that practice something that they believe is a sin.
  • Magus BN-0 rightside 2013/02/06 20:44:31
    Magus BN-0
    Every real Christian knows that everyone is a sinner.
  • Temlako... Magus BN-0 2013/02/06 20:59:24
    +1
    All the more reason not to facilitate it. Which is what certain people are asking the rest of us to do.
  • rightside Temlako... 2013/02/06 21:28:17
    rightside
    +1
    So true!
  • rightside Magus BN-0 2013/02/06 21:28:07
    rightside
    +1
    Yes and every person that accepts they are sinners and refuses to intentionally keep on sinning and turns from their wicked ways and seeks the face of God, will be forgiven.
  • Joachim 2013/02/04 23:17:54
    Agreed.
    Joachim
    +1
    Of course they shouldn't abandon morality, but they should abandon bigotry
  • Temlako... Joachim 2013/02/05 00:06:24
    +1
    What you are pleased to call bigoted, is in fact moral and the only moral stance possible.
  • Magus BN-0 Temlako... 2013/02/05 00:55:38
    Magus BN-0
    No, there's nothing moral at all abut that stance.
  • Joachim Temlako... 2013/02/05 01:28:14
    Joachim
    Disagree--there's also a morality based on universal love and kindness rather than fear and hatred of anyone different from oneself
  • rightside Joachim 2013/02/06 18:39:24
    rightside
    +1
    Who made up this universal love? You?
  • Joachim rightside 2013/02/07 16:05:12
    Joachim
    It's always existed, and although we may not yet aware yet, this love lives within each of us, and we live within it.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear ha...

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

1 John 4:7-21
  • rightside Joachim 2013/02/07 16:43:10
    rightside
    +1
    Love that you quote the bible, yet you don't agree with all of it. Just pick and choose and then make up your own designer god.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/08 02:12:54
    Jeh
    What the problem? Religion has been making it up since the beginning.
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/08 03:17:11
    rightside
    +1
    Your ignorance is showing.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/08 06:57:33
    Jeh
    I would love for you to PROVE that religion, any religion, isn't completely invented by people. Then you can call me ignorant because right now you are ignorant of.. what are those terrifying things called? Oh ya, facts.
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/08 17:27:10
    rightside
    I don't go around proving that "religion" is a fact. I tell people that God is real and Jesus sacrificed Himself for them.
    I don't have religion, I have faith in the one true God. I can't plant God in front of you and show you, but I can tell you that He's only a call away. If your heart is hard, you'll never see Him.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/10 05:50:56
    Jeh
    Power to you, have fun with your faith! I'm fine. Of course you can show me God, you just can't say that this is God and this isn't. God is everywhere, remember omnipresence? I am not going to argue the merits of personal beliefs with you. Those are supposed to be personal and not pushed on to other people who have different personal beliefs. Hasn't that kind of mindset done enough damage throughout history?
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/10 06:07:42
    rightside
    +1
    Remember that Jesus said He was the Way the Truth and the Life and no one comes to the Father except by Him.
    That means that Jesus is telling the truth and you need to follow Him or He is a liar and we shouldn't believe anything He says.
    I choose to believe that He is telling the truth. There is absolutely no grey area here.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/11 16:44:24
    Jeh
    "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt his is to look foolish in retrospect."

Believe what you want, just be peaceful about it.
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/11 16:46:06
    rightside
    +1
    I will, and don't try to infringe upon my rights and I'll do the same.
    Even if you don't believe in God, you still have beliefs. You still vote your beliefs. I will vote mine.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/11 17:12:44
    Jeh
    Works for me, democracy, it's got its flaws. but it's still the best game in town.
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/11 17:16:23
    rightside
    +1
    We are a republic.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/13 05:00:07
    Jeh
    +1
    Fine whatever, I belong to a parliamentary system. I was just saying that it is ok to agree to disagree. We can still be civil. Laters...
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/13 17:06:33
    rightside
    +1
    Sorry, I just meant it to be a statement, not a snub.
  • Jeh Temlako... 2013/02/08 02:09:45
    Jeh
    There are several moral stances that can be taken. I realize they are hard to recognize when you are still in the bubble.
  • rightside Joachim 2013/02/06 18:38:52
    rightside
    +1
    Aren't homosexuals bigots? They hate the bible and Christians and demand that everyone accept their bedroom activities. How intolerant can they be?!
  • Magus BN-0 rightside 2013/02/06 19:52:07
    Magus BN-0
    Demanding that people accept that they exist is intolerant? What a joke you are.
  • rightside Magus BN-0 2013/02/06 19:59:37
    rightside
    +1
    Oh good argument. I have never heard that we are saying they don't exist. Wheretheheck did you get that POC?
    They are not a minority just because they have different sex. I don't talk about my sex, I don't have straight sex parades. Keep your sex to yourself.
    If a Christian organization doesn't allow homosexuals, then let them be that way.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/08 02:20:26
    Jeh
    Sorry I don't mean to be a troll here, but really?!? Keep your sex to yourself. What about, keep your religion to yourself? How about think for yourself and not just agreeing with what the guy at the pulpit says so you can remain in the social club? I hope God would have larger concerns then homosexuals in the boy scouts or homosexuals in general. If God is an omnipotent and omniscient creator than would homosexuality be apart of the divine plan? Are they not children of God? If they are truly an abomination then why would homosexuality exist in the first place? The devil some might say, but I feel that is giving the devil far too much credit.
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/08 03:19:26
    rightside
    You obviously don't know God and only have conjecture that you have heard.
    They Boy Scouts weren't doing anything bad to the homosexuals. They just said its not allowed. The homosexuals want to take their rights and infringe upon them.
    Sin exists, if you haven't noticed, its all over.
  • Jeh rightside 2013/02/08 07:01:12
    Jeh
    [...] what could be gayer then joining the boy scouts? Does sewing badges on a sash sound manly to you? They'll do whatever they want, but the idea that banned homosexuals to keep out pedophiles is insane.
  • rightside Jeh 2013/02/08 17:29:51
    rightside
    I don't talk to people that can't be civil. Youz guyz think we are the intolerant ones and yet you resort to name calling when you have no argument left.
    Good bye

2014/09/15 06:11:51