Boy Scouts not good business anymore?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2013/02/04 18:18:54
Stay. Letting in the gays is the only sensible thing to do.
Leave. The Scouts will not be the Scouts anymore.
The Boy Scouts of America are learning, expensively, that they shouldn't depend on a few "major donors." Suddenly those businessmen have decided that the Boy Scouts aren't good business. And that's why they're even thinking of letting in openly gay boys and adult leaders.

What would Lord Baden-Powell think of this? I'll tell you what: he'd say, "You should never have gone toadying to large 'limiteds,' hat in hand, and making a commercial pitch. I gave you a good idea. Money follows the idea. That should have been enough. And now it jolly well will have to be."

And he'd have evidence. The Canadian Scouts tried the "accommodation" approach. Now they've lost fifty percent of their members and had to close campgrounds and council offices and lay off staff.

And a Silver Beaver award-winning 30-year veteran adult Scouter now says that he, and many other Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters, will leave if the National Executive Council casts aside more than a century of tradition, doctrine and practice.

And: there are places that boys and adult volunteers can go. Here's one.

So what say you? If the Boy Scout Exec Council decides to let in the gays, what will you do? Stay? Leave?

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2013/02/04...

• Wulfdane 2013/02/04 19:13:18 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +12
    I would never have allowed my son to join the BSA if there had been a gay troop leader.

It is BS that these organizations constantly feel forced to change heir beliefs because the intolerant Liberal left doesn't want anyone thinking for themselves or holding on to their religious beliefs and/or moral values.

The BSA harms no one, it is a private organization and people who don't like their policies don't have to join. This idea that homosexuals should be able to force themselves into any/all groups, is itself intolerant. They're all hypocrites who want tolerance for themselves, but extend none to private individuals/groups who disagree with them.

Better to be alone in your beliefs, then abandon them for acceptance.

• kobidobidog 2013/12/29 01:28:12
    kobidobidog
    Stay only if the adult homosexuals are allowed to call all of the shots doing it their way not the way it has been done. Boy scouts has never been good business. It is Satan's second line of desensitization to the military. Cub scouts is the first. The similarities will astound you when you look at them with an objective mind. Satan does not want homosexual adults in the boy scouts because they would change the devils plans to desensitize people to the military. People would be seen as equal not having artificial rank. The military has rank. Both honor the flag and the dead too.
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2013/02/07 23:51:47
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    I saw on the news this morning that if gays are admitted, the BSA could lose anywhere from 50-55% of their membership. That's huge.
  • iamco2000 2013/02/05 23:15:05
    iamco2000
    Should have been another option here: Stay and Don't let in the gay leaders. As I will be staying regardless of what happens but I don't agree with letting in the gay leaders.

Grace to you, Glory to God!
  • Hamilton 2013/02/05 22:25:49
    Hamilton
    +1
    If they cannot, will not, stay true to their principles, then we must move on with other options.

If I had been a major donor to them, I would ask that my gifts be returned.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2013/02/05 15:58:17
  • 9th of 9 2013/02/05 13:27:30
    9th of 9
    +1
    How about they make their own organization? Call it. "I don't know what I am Scouts of America."
  • Cat 2013/02/05 08:33:19
    Cat
    +1
    How can they promise "to be morally strong" and keep a straight face?
  • Pixiefearlessldr 2013/02/05 07:28:02
  • cheetahlover156 2013/02/05 05:46:28
    cheetahlover156
    +1
    I would understand if the BSA was sending money against gay people and gay marriage organizations they would lose some major donors. I don't like that because they don't believe in allowing gays into the organization they are losing funding. I am tired of groups forcing their presence into other groups, especially a private organization like the BSA.
  • Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR 2013/02/05 05:29:48
    Cindy64~PATRIOT WARRIOR
    +3
    No if they let gays in NO !! The Boy Scouts were based on Christian values Homosexuality it is a SIN and it should STAY OUT of the Boy Scouts !!  the boy scouts
  • chucky 2013/02/05 05:25:21
    chucky
    +3
    I do not think that having openly gay leaders is a good idea.
  • RH 2013/02/05 03:02:04 (edited)
    RH
    +4
    If you don't want to support them, don't. But to say they need to let in this group or that group into the private group that has set it standards at "this level", well it just isn't your place.

If they don't want to let gay people in, it is their choice. If you don't like it... To damn bad. Get over it already. Go create your own group and let in whoever the hell you want.
  • Huki68 2013/02/05 02:47:55
    Huki68
    I have a dream
  • Popeye 2013/02/05 02:28:41
  • Wayne 2013/02/05 02:12:41
    Wayne
    +6
    Now the truth comes to the surface, I knew this was next when I heard the news say they were losing their funding because of the gay agenda. Gays bring their persuasive agenda to all facets of life, sex is involved or not. The gays could care less about the values and tradition of anyone but themselves. They are the most self centered of all, they do not believe in for the good of ALL a few will suffer, which is the reality of the world. As long as they can spread their nonsense of the alternative lifestyle nothing will be more important, not even the welfare and lives of others. Then they wonder why people do not want their actions pushed on them.
  • Arizona1950 2013/02/05 01:56:59
    Arizona1950
    +5
    I do not believe it was designed to be homogenized but was designed to bring forth good men of conscience ... future leaders of moral character.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2013/02/05 01:45:40
  • Beccy 2013/02/05 01:13:08
    +7
    We should not be bringing children into the war of gay vs. straight
  • momma-o... Beccy 2013/02/11 03:14:12
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    I guess teaching them to be raciest is so old school, on to the next destruction agenda.
  • Magus BN-0 2013/02/05 00:54:33
    Magus BN-0
    They'd be better off without the bigots.
  • RH Magus BN-0 2013/02/05 03:03:52
    RH
    +3
    Get over it already.
  • kevjon 2013/02/05 00:03:40
    kevjon
    +6
    Now isn't this great, just like we predicted...give the queers an inch and they will take a mile. So what do we end up with, a bunch of innocent kids getting screwed out of a great organization.
  • RogerCoppock 2013/02/05 00:01:00
    RogerCoppock
    Many other nations have more than one national Boy Scouting organization. I think America needs more than one, too.
  • RH RogerCo... 2013/02/05 03:04:45 (edited)
    RH
    +1
    And if another organization were to pop up and only let Gay Boys/Men in... would there be as big of an uproar?
  • RogerCo... RH 2013/02/05 05:26:20
    RogerCoppock
    Good question. I don't know.
  • beavith1 RogerCo... 2013/02/05 05:41:39
    beavith1
    i wish that we could find out... that's the sort of compromise that makes some sort of sense.
  • momma-o... RH 2013/02/11 03:18:08
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +1
    They have one it's called NMABLA they were so helpful with the push.
  • RH momma-o... 2013/02/11 03:24:38
    RH
    +1
    yeah, NMABLA is not a group like the boy scouts... not even close.

• momma-o... RH 2013/02/11 03:28:41
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +1
    Not yet.
  • RH momma-o... 2013/02/11 06:35:10
    RH
    +1
    And what they bring forward to the public is a hell of a lot worse than the Boy Scouts not allowing gay males in their group.

"...advocacy organization in the United States that works to abolish age of consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors..."

Really? That is an acceptable thing?
  • momma-o... RH 2013/02/19 16:02:54
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    I'm saying NONE of it is acceptable.
  • Mary Mary 2013/02/04 23:49:54
    Mary Mary
    +1
    D also make it for boys and girls sheesh it's the 21st century
  • Jim 2013/02/04 23:29:10 (edited)
    Jim
    +7
    There are times when a line must be drawn and GOD DAMN AMERICA if the BSA cannot survive without gay approval and corporate dollars.

It's time the organization bowed up, kicked out the closet homos and flakes, and declare that they are going back to being a cultural outpost of the Old Republic. Hold the door open for anybody who wants to leave. There will be other donors to replace the big donors. If not, and the organization folds, then it will be yet another witness and damning indictment against Omerica.
  • beavith1 Jim 2013/02/05 04:17:29
    beavith1
    bravo!
  • goatman112003 2013/02/04 23:25:54
    goatman112003
    +3
    If the basis which you joined and believe in is changed then leave and form another group.
  • Sotto Voce 2013/02/04 22:16:00 (edited)
    Sotto Voce
    +6
    What are you gonna do? They hate gay people. Look at how they react to the very idea of there being a gay scout. Now, imagine the middle son who's just started to catch on to the fact that he's gay in a family where the dad was a scout as a kid. Is he supposed to try to fit in with his brothers and look normal to his dad and possibly (from his position) make the concession and be a scout or upset his family by refusing to show any interest in it?

Maybe it's better for everyone if the scouts just have a hard and fast rule:

Fewer questions when this kid commits suicide, right?

Look around. Look at these Christians. Look at how hatefully intolerant they are. The scouts are claiming to be a subset of them. That's just how it is. They are having an existential crisis about the possibility of admitting gays, and their lead option is "cease to exist".

I'm not bothered by the idea of an organization admitting that it is so hatefully intolerant at it's core that it would rather not exist than evolve past that hateful intolerance, particularly if that revelation speeds the process by which that organization no longer exists.

If I had a gay kid, I wouldn't want him to hang out with those people anyway.
  • hippycat Sotto Voce 2013/02/04 23:23:38
    hippycat
    +2
    I think you got a point there. it's sad that things are that way but it might be the best if they keep their bigotry to themselves. I certainly wouldn't want any kid of mine joining that lot.
  • RH Sotto Voce 2013/02/05 03:07:53
    RH
    +2
    As I stated above, if the same group was for gay boys/men only, would there be the same uproar about that as there is the way it currently is?
  • Sotto Voce RH 2013/02/05 03:15:49
    Sotto Voce
    I think that the right would be tossing the word "NAMBLA" around and beating anyone over the head who'd be foolish enough to suggest a gay scouts organization.

I mean, really. A bunch of gay dudes who want to take a bunch of young guys who might be right at the threshold of even recognizing that they might be gay into the woods?

C'mon, now.
  • RH Sotto Voce 2013/02/05 03:25:16
    RH
    +2
    But you didn't answer the question...

If it was the other way around... Where it was straight boys/men trying to get into a private organization that had standards that you had to be gay to get into... would there be the same uproar?

2014/09/01 14:08:16