BOMBSHELL!!! OBAMA ADMITS THE ARMY IS COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!!!

lee 2012/10/08 04:25:42
LEARLEEEEEN!!!

I DUN TOLD YA HE WAS COMIN FOR MA GUNS, AND HERE'S PROOF!!!

THE COMMIE RAG NY TIMES HAS SPILLED THE BEANS ON OBAMA'S PLAN TO TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS!!!

.
.
.

wait a minute, this says the Army wanted this...

it says because soldiers are killing themselves with their own guns

it says that they want to be able to ASK about any private weapons when they talk to at risk soldiers...

they also want to talk about Rx drugs that may be available at their home

so this is just all about taking care of our service members and making sure their family is engaged in their care.

that's not what i thought it was at ALL

NEVER MIND.

Read More: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/08/us/with-military...

• Tee Quake 2012/10/08 04:34:19
    I actually read the article and I'm glad
    Tee Quake
    +3
    Oops. Did not mean to check that answer although I did read the article. It says the army is coming for suicidal soldiers guns by asking friends and family to remove firearms. I don't doubt that Obama desperately wants to abridge the 2nd Amendment, that was the real reason for Fast & Furious, I just don't think this is the knockout punch you implied.

• jc 2012/10/22 13:10:13
    jc
    No!Not the general public.They know they can't do that without major casualties.
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/10/08 20:31:58
    OBAMA WILL NEVER GET AWAY WITH IT!!!
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    oh damn .... here I thought he was just another one of those damn liberuls wanting to pry my guns from my cold dead fingers.

WTF Lee?
  • Dan der Mensch 2012/10/08 18:18:06
    Dan der Mensch
    +1
    The real problem is not the guns at all, but the extended foreign wars (10+ years) we've been engaged in. Our military has been spread too thin for far too long and it's manifesting itself in more and more suicides. Time to come home.
  • Todd Parsons 2012/10/08 16:39:42
    OBAMA WILL NEVER GET AWAY WITH IT!!!
    Todd Parsons
    The can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands
  • dacsayshi 2012/10/08 06:03:07
    dacsayshi
    I haven't read the article but I would like to. What is the name of the article?
    +1
    Your so called "bomb shell" is nothing but smoke and disgracefully self serving.

The article makes it very clear that the program is aimed at reducing suicides by military personnel who show signs of PTSS, and show signs of suicidal actions. It is a total fabrication that he wants to take away all guns. The story also states it is a voluntary action to be taken by the spouse/partner of the ex military person or for the person themselves to lock them away so they cannot get to the guns readily.

Your attempt to make this more than it is, is a disservice to our retired military vets.

SHAME ON YOU.
  • lee sjalan 2012/10/08 15:59:30
    lee
    exactly.
  • NoBama Man 2012/10/08 05:14:22
    OBAMA WILL NEVER GET AWAY WITH IT!!!
    NoBama Man
    +2
    Well.., He and his administration have already labeled returning vets as Right-wing extremists when the DHS released it's report on terrorism, published in April of 2009. In that document, current Dept. of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano states...

"The DHS assesses that right-wing extremists will attempt to recruit and radicalize returning veterans in order to exploit their skills and knowledge derived from military training and combat. These skills and knowledge have the potential to boost the capabilities of extremists. These teachings also have been linked with the radicalization of domestic extremist individuals and groups in the past, such as violent CHRISTIAN Identity organizations."
    DHS encourages recipients of this document to report information concerning suspicious or criminal activity to DHS and the FBI. Each report submitted should include the date, time, location, type of activity, number of people and type of equipment used for the activity." - DHS, April, 2009

baby steps...he has to start somewhere...after all...how else do you disarm trained soldiers..,
    ANYONE of these men and women returning could be 'labeled' 'at risk'.., and the next step would be labeling ALL returning at risk...for their protection..

Give this man and his administration 4 more years with out a fear of being re-elected...
    and we may be very surprised at what the USSA looks like in 2016.

baby steps...
  • RobHom NoBama Man 2012/10/08 11:20:09
    RobHom
    +1
    As a Vietnam Veteran (68'-70').....all I can say is: BULL!!

Read your second paragraph.... pay particular attention to the 8th and 9th words.

No-one has labeled returning Vets as anything but VETERANS!!

In fact, the Obama Administration has done more for Veterans than republicans have ever done!
  • sjalan NoBama Man 2012/10/08 17:17:41
    +1
    You are totally off base as to the origin of the ARTICLE upon which this post is based.

I suggest you read the article.

As for your statement here, it is a KNOWN FACT that the ultra Right radical groups are indeed recruiting ex-military people to perform EXTREME actions against our society. THAT Sir is called sedition and considered a CRIME of high Treason against the government.

Plain and simple the two items are NOT related nor should you be attempting to do so. You Disgrace those ex-military personnel who are law abiding and in need of mental help to transition back to active civilian life.
  • marty 2012/10/08 04:50:59
    marty
    That's sad that a few troops MIGHT commit suicide, so now they want to take away all their private firearms.
  • RobHom marty 2012/10/08 11:27:30
    RobHom
    Read the article again. It references servicemembers that are diagnosed with PTSD and its accompanying symptoms and issues, such as major depression as well as ideation of suicidal or homicidal activities.

Here's what you apparently missed...if you even bothered to read the article:

" But as suicides continue to rise this year, senior Defense Department officials are developing a suicide prevention campaign that will encourage friends and families of potentially suicidal service members to safely store or voluntarily remove personal firearms from their homes.

“This is not about authoritarian regulation,” said Dr. Jonathan Woodson, the assistant secretary of defense for health affairs. “It is about the spouse understanding warning signs and, if there are firearms in the home, responsibly separating the individual at risk from the firearm.”

As someone more than just "casually" acquainted with the issues surrounding PTSD... and a Vietnam combat Veteran.....I think its a good idea. Every time one of our people ends his or her life...we all lose. Families are devastated. Spouses suffer, children suffer, parents suffer...relatives all suffer. We as a nation suffer emotionally and financially.
  • marty RobHom 2012/10/08 13:09:30
    marty
    +1
    Durp, you got me; I should've read the actual link. The actual article just tells family members to be cautious of their PTSD family members. No more than keeping sharp objects or firearms away from any other depressed family member. I think bits and pieces were picked out and thrown into this poll. I'm pretty sure the military's not coming for anyone's gun.
  • RobHom marty 2012/10/08 15:34:38
    RobHom
    Marty, THANKS for manning up and posting that.

Don't feel too bad though...I think all of us have reacted at one time or another to things in writing...and not had the whole picture before doing so.! :->
  • Tee Quake 2012/10/08 04:34:19
    Tee Quake
    +3
  • lee Tee Quake 2012/10/08 17:41:51
    lee
    its even less than that, but thanks for missing the point... i knew i could count on you.
  • doc moto 2012/10/08 04:32:15
    doc moto
    I say BHO wants to disarm the USA, there is no doubt about that in my thinking, he is one that does not care for you and me to have any rights, just the right to vote his arse back into first seat! And I am not voting for that permanent foreign student and never will; cannot vote for a in your face liar! This person says it all, from the article posted..."“It is sensitive,” said Jan Kemp, the department’s national suicide prevention coordinator. “We don’t in any way want to imply that we would want to take people’s right to bear firearms away.”"

2014/08/30 14:30:19