Body of Ex-Cop Chris Dorner Reportedly Found in Cabin: Did the Good Guys Win?

AdriHead 2013/02/13 04:00:00
What is believed to be the body of ex-cop Christopher Dorner was found inside a cabin in Big Bear after a shoot-out between Dorner and police deputies earlier Tuesday afternoon.

An alert by the Associated Press states: "charred body found in rubble of burned cabin in Southern California mountains." Though the body is believed to belong to Dorner, as of writing this, that information has not yet been confirmed.

Dorner was the subject of a week-long man-hunt, after revealing in a "manifesto" that he was personally targeting the Los Angeles Police Department, along with many other police authorities spanning California. If Dorner is in fact dead, do you think the good guys won? Or are you a little skeptical about the facts of the case and Dorner's history with the police department?

dorner

• Wulfdane 2013/02/13 04:52:21 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +41
    A few days ago, I would have said yes. Now, there are no good guys in this.

After the shooting of three innocent civilians at the hands of police who *claimed* mistaken identity (including shooting an elderly lady in the back) and after LAPD had the audacity not to hold any of the officers accountable, the Police became just as guilty as Dorner.

• Billy James 2013/04/05 18:46:36 (edited)
    Billy James
    No good guy's on planet purgatory.
    The nefarious activities of those in prison have always jailed criminals.
  • Magik 2013/04/05 18:22:08
    Magik
    Doner murdered by police , no investigation , corruption swept under the rug AGAIN , police shoot randomly at 2 women because they were in a blue truck , ( kinda hard to say they looked at all like a 6'2" black man ) , the " guys " protected their hides and their cushy retirements .... Who is going to investigate the police corruption , the police ??? The police came out and said the grenades used were " called " burners . Do they have a weapon for " burn it to the f*%cking ground " as was heard on the audio tapes ? Doner needed a publisher , not a gun ...
  • Big One 0909 2013/04/05 17:59:59
    Big One 0909
    With the path of death and destruction that liberal bastard left, it's kind of hard to call it a "win"
  • Leslie Goudy 2013/04/05 17:57:11
    Leslie Goudy
    It was all a false flag operation from Orwellian government
  • Phoenix2014 2013/03/03 05:12:42
    Phoenix2014
    +1
    Okay why is everything polarized into good guys vs bad guys? Life is not a comic book, there are greedy, evil people certainly but everything can not be boiled into something black and white because it's not. In this case you can make a case that both sides are bad guys, so who the hell is the good guys? The Chris Dorner case has the makings of a false flag operation, from the I.D.'s( hmmm isn't always the I.D.'s, 9/11 and Adam Lanza, doesn't that ring a bell) to Dorner allegedly killing these people something isn't right. Let's look at the LAPD, we didn't even need Dorner's manifesto to understand the brutality of this police department. Try convincing minorities in that area that the police are there to serve and protect(try convincing minorities anywhere). So in a clash bad guy vs bad guys, if we want to turn everything into a comic book, the bad guys won. I don't even know if Dorner was in the cabin that was burned down, I knew from the start that they were going to say the body belonged to him case closed, now we don't even here anything about this case. Has he been indicted for anything? Who knows what going on? I believe this alleged rampage is going to be used to bolster the anti-gun feelings of Obama and crew, why not kill off a couple cops, then blame it on a mentall...
    Okay why is everything polarized into good guys vs bad guys? Life is not a comic book, there are greedy, evil people certainly but everything can not be boiled into something black and white because it's not. In this case you can make a case that both sides are bad guys, so who the hell is the good guys? The Chris Dorner case has the makings of a false flag operation, from the I.D.'s( hmmm isn't always the I.D.'s, 9/11 and Adam Lanza, doesn't that ring a bell) to Dorner allegedly killing these people something isn't right. Let's look at the LAPD, we didn't even need Dorner's manifesto to understand the brutality of this police department. Try convincing minorities in that area that the police are there to serve and protect(try convincing minorities anywhere). So in a clash bad guy vs bad guys, if we want to turn everything into a comic book, the bad guys won. I don't even know if Dorner was in the cabin that was burned down, I knew from the start that they were going to say the body belonged to him case closed, now we don't even here anything about this case. Has he been indicted for anything? Who knows what going on? I believe this alleged rampage is going to be used to bolster the anti-gun feelings of Obama and crew, why not kill off a couple cops, then blame it on a mentally ill black man who was apart of the navy to terrify the public into thinking we need to give up our guns? Like Lanza, the missing link in this case is Dorner, we will never know what he truly knew, all we can go off of is a manifesto, that I honestly could have been written by anybody. So no the "good guys" didn't win, because there is no good guys in this case or ever.
  • nicesteve 2013/02/24 03:15:31 (edited)
    nicesteve
    Four people lost their lives. Four people were seriously injured. Several
    people lost their valued and cherished property and belongings. There
    were no winners here. If you were to ask me if the good guys and gals
    prevailed, then that's an entirely different tale. Absolutely so. But did
    they or anyone else win? Hardly so. Although, I daresay that what
    Christopher J. Dorner did was wrong as wrong ever gets, I do sincerely
    belive that he had a valid grievence against the LAPD. That department
    and too many other law enforcement agencies are rife with corruption
    left, right. and center. And it's essential that that be addressed if we are
    to mitigate the possiblity of George Santa Ana's famous quote from comming
    into play again here. "those who forget history, are doomed to repeat it".
  • bigred 2013/02/20 00:46:47
    bigred
    As in there are no good guys in this situation.
  • wahrheit 2013/02/19 09:46:14
    wahrheit
    +1
    The police in this case are not "good guys" else they would have been more judicious in their use of force.
  • JeromefromLayton 2013/02/18 22:55:42
    JeromefromLayton
    They don't "catch and release" mad dogs. Now, add a known death toll and things that say "armed and extremely dangerous" to come to the conclusion it's time to prosecute with extreme vigor. When those tear gas grenades went in, he could have shown a white flag or otherwise shown an intent to surrender, but he didn't. So, at that point, he decided his own fate.
  • overlord rai 2013/02/18 20:58:54
    overlord rai
    There are no good guys in this case.
  • MikeWon 2013/02/18 07:22:34 (edited)
  • GoldenFlame1100 2013/02/17 19:52:43
    GoldenFlame1100
    +1
    It makes perfect sense to say there are no good guys in this case. Reading Dorners manifesto, I think he had a good reason to do something. But he took it way to far. So yes hes guilty. This is the type of case where a trial is necessary. The government denied that(as it is the nature of the elite to do so) with the NDAA(allows the arrest and detainment of U.S citizens without charge). The burning of Dorners cabin, his unjust death, and the victims of the so called collateral damage put 99% of the guilt on the government(as in all cases). There are so many things we probably don't know about this case. And thats what trials are for. Government has been the leading cause of death throughout history. No pro-government a holes can deny this.
  • red 2013/02/17 03:17:34
    red
    What a stupid question. Only in Obama's liberal mentally disturbed America could this question be asked about a cold blooded killer.
  • fightingquip 2013/02/16 21:13:04
    fightingquip
    +1
    There are no good guys anymore
  • Cynthia Wolf 2013/02/16 20:00:41
    Cynthia Wolf
    +2
    Maybe the people won something though. They can now see with clear eyes why trusting cops to be the only ones with guns is not only foolish, but also dangerous. Egomaniacs never get to the call on time anyway. Never give up your 2nd Amendment Right to defend yourself against criminals and tyrants alike!!
  • Dave 007 2013/02/16 16:28:25
    Dave 007
    +1
    No doubt. Another wacko gone from this earth.
  • Cool Wil 2013/02/15 15:21:06
    Cool Wil
    +1
    ABSOLUTELY.This guy was a "PUNK".Shooting from ambush,Killing a Police Officer's
    Daughter.
    He said he was dong this to clear his name if this was so,Why didn't he give up and then
    tell his side of the story in court ,No instead, He commits suicide. A real stand up guy!
  • Michael S Smith 2013/02/15 14:58:10
    Michael S Smith
    Oh come on now people how could not the good guys have won you mean to tell me muderer is a good guy he is no better than that nut that killed all those Kids in Newton Ct actualy the Newton killer was neither good nor bad since he was mentaly distubed and was not respsonsible for his actions Dorner was !
  • Alacrity 2013/02/15 06:47:22
    Alacrity
    Can you believe it?
  • *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg' 2013/02/15 02:55:20
    *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg'
    Neither side was good by a reasonable standard. Let alone the high ethical standard the police should (but generally don't) have.
  • Tennessee3501 2013/02/15 00:42:48
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    Chris Dorner killed 4 people before he was killed. Nobody really won!
  • baboula 2013/02/14 23:54:38
    baboula
    +2
    I am not skeptical because I do not immediately disbelieve everything a cop says besides I do not recall a "manifesto" by the LAPD or any other police department stating that innocent civilians are to be killed
  • The Bee Guy 2013/02/14 23:45:55
    The Bee Guy
    +1
    Yes! and NO! This was a lose lose situation. There is always a right way to do something, This man did it the way to lead to anarchy, not the right way. Did the message need to be gotten out? YES! Did he contact a good news service, did He start a good Facebook page to post the problems, before he went Rabid? NO. Will there be lots of Questions of the way police are handleing things, (nation wide)? I hope so. Will there be a good reason to question the safety of our citizens if only Government people Have Weapons of Self defense. (or in thier case, Agression)? Is it time to shut the mouths of those injuring our ability to produce food, by regulating weapons of protection, preventing farmers from the ability to produce healthy food, soon unable to run off the predators? We Better tell our president this. And Why are they buying so many tons of ammunition, not for military use? Is it time to attack our citizens? This Cop brought out some interesting points, but in the wrong way. Those trying to stop Him, revealed some interesting issues, Also in the wrong. I have never ever seen two wrongs ever equal a right.
  • The Bee... The Bee... 2013/02/14 23:47:21
    The Bee Guy
    Oh! But then too, who are the good guys? Them, our neighbors, or us?
  • 2248127 2013/02/14 22:45:15
  • Warfinge 2013/02/14 22:37:16
    Warfinge
    +1
    Whatever injustice suffered by Dorner was trumped by the first murder. It would have been better in some ways to have had him alive, on trial and analyzed for the sake of future cases but there's a lot to be said for a quick end with no further expense to taxpayers. Did we really care why Timothy McVeigh bombed a federal building? we didn't seem to at the time. Whatever his beef was, it lost significance after he committed a bigger crime. I am sorry a vet and an ex-police officer self destructed in this way. Perhaps we failed him in some fundamental way but there are so many of us on the planet... There is no time to fix every soul even if it were possible. I note he didn't kill everyone he came in contact with. For that, I am thankful. I hope God is merciful for the sick.
  • *K'eim*... Warfinge 2013/02/15 02:59:05
    *K'eim*h3reg' *Peh2u *Meg'
    +1
    Sorry. But since when did one injustice trump another? If that's how it worked 99% of criminals should be set free.
  • Warfinge *K'eim*... 2013/02/15 13:04:57
    Warfinge
    Seems to me, you shoot people to death in ambush because you are angry with them, the system, society.... whatever injustice you were nursing just became microscopic. That's just me but I am sure you have another opinion. I can't wait.
  • EvilMonkey 2013/02/14 19:44:47
    EvilMonkey
    +1
    Whatever problems he had with LAPD, Dorner shot members of the Riverside PD and San Bernardino SD. He was the bad guy. SBSD were right to use what ever force needed to stop the threat posed by Dorner. If he wanted due process under the law he should have surrendered. If he was killed when surrendering then I would be inclined toward feeling some sympathy for him.
  • SK-pro impeachment 2013/02/14 18:30:23
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    The idiot was a murderer.
  • CHUCK -... SK-pro ... 2013/02/15 01:14:06
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    But the cops that shot those women were justified? Are they HEROS!
  • SK-pro ... CHUCK -... 2013/02/15 01:17:44
    SK-pro impeachment
    never said they were, CHUCK.
  • red CHUCK -... 2013/02/17 03:38:26
    red
    Not justified, but a horrible mistake by nervous cops. The shooting was not intentional because the cops didn't care. Don't you people understand this?
  • Magik red 2013/04/05 18:28:34
    Magik
    " mistake " ? How do you mistake two old women delivering newspapers for a 6'2" black man ? Whoever shot those women has no place in law enforcement .
  • red Magik 2013/04/10 19:26:40
    red
    The cops screwed up bad and, never having been in such a life and death position as law enforcement officers are, I can only try to imagine how scary it is with a lunatic cop killer out there somewhere and second guess the emotions in this situation.
  • Shar Shar 2013/02/14 18:23:26
    Shar Shar
    +2
    No the good guys didn't win but the vulnerable defenseless public may have if in fact this fellow they burned up in the cabin was Dorner. It seems that the police should have some "esplainin' to do" when they shoot up a truck with two old ladies in it out delivering papers and than matter-of-factly call it a case of mistaken idenity. Dorner killed people and that is wrong and he shouldn't be made a hero just because he was wronged by his employer, most of us can relate, violence ending in murder no matter who it is or why is unjustified unless you are protecting yourself, family or property. It seems there is a big underlying anger brewing in our society that does not have any turst in our government, justice system or our law inforcement. When I was growing up we thought the police were our protectors and the ones to go to for help. Things have certainley changed.
  • Sodahead Founders are Fascists 2013/02/14 17:48:33
    Sodahead Founders are Fascists
    +2
    He was an honourable veteran that took up arms against the tyrannical obama government. He's a hero to you.
  • Yourmother Sodahea... 2013/02/14 18:12:09
    Yourmother
    Yes, it's Obama's fault.
    :)
  • J Brian 2013/02/14 17:46:07
    J Brian
    +3
    I think the whole thing was a conspiracy against Him. He found out something he shouldn't have.
  • EvilMonkey J Brian 2013/02/14 19:48:04
    EvilMonkey
    So you shoot Riverside PD officers who weren't looking for you? You are either ignorant or stupid.

2014/12/20 08:05:59