Blumenthal "misspoke"? Or just more Democrat lies?

lalouisiane 2010/05/18 21:11:46
I am sick of politicians lying to me.  Especially Democrat politicians... all of them... need to stop lying.
May Blumenthal thinks he's a Clinton and can get a free pass on "misspeaking" which to the rest of us is a lie.
Wow, what a lot of mis-speaking this guy has done... in detail even.

Connecticut Democratic Senate candidate Richard Blumenthal has said on a number of occasions that he served IN Vietnam...

Now he says he ``misspoke'' when he said he served in Vietnam. Now he regrets suggesting on a handful of occasions that he was actually in the warzone, instead of Parris Island, SC, where the now-state attorney general served in the US Marine Corps Reserves.

We even have a video of Blumenthal talking about his military service ``in'' Vietnam.

Blumenthal in the face of overwhelming evidence that he lied, says.... `On a few occasions, I have misspoken about my service. I regret that, and I take full responsibility'

WOW, he takes full responsibility!!! That is amazing!!! I'm surprised he didn't blame this on Bush. Or he could have said Cheney was holding a gun on him and made him say... numerous times.

And how nice, a bunch of veterans showed up to support him and cheer and hoot down any media questions....

So, where they really veterans? Hmmmmm I have to wonder. I have to ask.

But it's all okay because Blumenthal did not receive any "special" treatment when he got several deferments from overseas service.

I don't care if everybody knows how old I am. I remember Viet Nam. My high school has a group on Facebook dedicated to those who went to my school who are no longer with us. After putting off reading through that tribute list for a long time, I read through it a couple of weeks ago.

I remember the boys who went over there... and... the ones who didn't come back.

Viet Nam is not funny to me. And this guy... Blumenthal "misspeaking" about it... this makes me sick and angry!!!

This type of lie is especially offensive.

Read More: http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintel...

• RobK1967 2010/06/28 01:49:57
    May Blumenthal thinks he's a Clinton and can get a free pass on "misspeaking"...
    RobK1967
    +10
    Where is your post about about Mark Kirk actually lying repeatedly about his military record? And what is with the repeated use of the right wing slur "Democrat politician"? And in the video you are ranting about he correctly states military record elsewhere in the same speech, but I guess this is only an issue when a Democratic politician does it and a Republican who repeatedly lies about his record and claiming awards he did not win is okay in your book?

• RobK1967 2010/06/28 01:49:57
    RobK1967
    +10
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/28 13:38:12
    lalouisiane
    Why would you think I'd be okay with any politician or any person lying about their military service? I'm not okay with it. Did you call the Psychic hot line? If so, you wasted your money honeychile... they told you wrong.

Democrat politicians.. yes.. I DO HAVE A PROBLEM with them.

Did you know that despite Bush calling Blanco... our Democrat governor before Katrina hit... she refused to declare a state of emergency and allow Federal help?

Did you know that ... after Katrina made landfall and NOLA was flooded and people were dying that Bush called her again and begged her to declare and she finally told Bush she would.. but she told him she needed 24 hours to "think it over".

Do you know how many people died during those 24 hours? Those hours while Blanco was.. "thinking it over"?

Do you know that Amtrak, called Democrat Mayor Nagin of NOLA and told him they were moving their trains out and offered to carry any passengers to safety... he turned them down? They had their own drivers... Nagin wouldn't have had to do much more than load the folks up on buses and drive them to the Amtrak station to save their lives.

He just couldn't be bothered to save the lives of the people who voted for him.

There are many reasons... but yes.. I have a problem... with Democrat politicians...

...

Decades of Democrat rule have ruined us down here. You could watch and learn from it.. but I doubt you will.

Just remember... we elected Nagin and Blanco... and many who voted for her... died... horrible deaths.

Elections really DO have consequences.
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/06/28 13:46:36 (edited)
    RobK1967
    +1
    I always do love phony outrage, thank you for the amusement. So where is your post calling Mark Kirk out on his blatant lying about his military service?? And the fact you continue to use the slur of using Democrat as an adjective, you do march to the orders of your RWNJ handlers very well.

And here is the actual timeline of events, not your RWNJ version

http://thinkprogress.org/katr...
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/28 13:59:15
    lalouisiane
    Are you trying to bait me sweetie?

Because a lot of my fellow citizens died? You think I'll just swoon or something?

LOL

We southern women are a little tougher than that dahlin'.

Like I said.. you could learn.. but you won't. Enjoy your ignorance.
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/06/28 14:06:00
    RobK1967
    +1
    I would rather be informed than misinformed thank you. Bait you? lol, nope just calling out your hypocrisy is all
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/28 15:47:32
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Sweetheart you asked a question.... I answered...

then you asked.. the same question again...

Either you cannot read.. or... you just want to argue... or you want to bait me.

Whatever your problem, you're a waste of my time.
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/06/28 17:46:53 (edited)
    RobK1967
    you never answered the question of where your post calling Mark Kirk on lying about his military is? You lied about the timeline of Katrina, or just did not know the actual timeline and just believed what you were told by the radical right wing. And thank you, I am always glad when a RWNJ runs rather than answer a simple question, And you never explained why you use the slur of Democrat as an adjective, a page right out of Frank Luntz' playbook.
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/28 17:51:13
    lalouisiane
    +1
    I was HERE for Katrina. Where were you?

I don't have a post on Mark Kirk. I never heard of him until today. But if he lied about his military service... he is wrong!!!

But... I don't have any facts about him... and.. I don't just swallow what the liberal media tells me.

I KNOW how inaccurate they can be.

Where WERE YOU???? For Katrina... WHERE?

I was here, in Louisiana. And.. I won't talk about Katrina anymore.

It still upsets me too much.
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/06/28 17:56:35 (edited)
    RobK1967
    +1
    Just because you were there does not mean you know what actually happened, actually it makes it less likely that you would have known the truth. Especially if you get all your news from Fox. And save the phony outrage, I do not find it compelling, The actual timeline shows that most of your claims were inaccurate at best
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/28 17:58:57
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Fox was not accurate. Neither was CNN. That's why I no longer watch the news.

If you're getting yours "news" from mainstream media... pity you.

But it seems you don't need any facts... you've already made up your mind about everything.

I guess knowing everything comes in handy for you. Hope so.

God bless.
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/06/28 18:09:56 (edited)
    RobK1967
    +1
    Nice diversion once again to explain away your lies when caught on them. Every source I have looked at shows the same timeline, which they all show you were wrong in what you claimed, It really is okay, I never do expect honesty from a right winger.
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/28 18:48:14
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Believe it and take it to the bank dude.

Or wallow in your own ignorance.

I admit it's difficult to find accurate details about Katrina. They have been covered up with lies from our liberal media.

But down here, we KNOW what happened.

I could care less if you believe me or not. Where are you?

Afraid to say?

I bet it's some Yankee place.
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/06/29 06:25:15
    RobK1967
    Metairie, even though I was away on business at the time of Katrina. I really do not care if you want to believe lies, but I will not let you BS me
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/29 16:03:31
    lalouisiane
    +1
    So you live in Metairie and don't know what happened in NOLA when Katrina came?

How is that? How can that be?

I know Metairie did not flood. Most of it at least. That's what I heard from friends who lived there. So that's a good thing.

So tell me this... would you vote for Blanco again? Do you feel that she did all she could? Were you okay with her actions when she turned the Red Cross away from NOLA after Katrina?

Did you think Blanco had a good idea when all those stranded people were hungry and thirsty... remember how HOT it was??? and Blanco wanted to have planes fly over and drop leaflets to tell everybody what a great job she was doing? You think that was a good idea? When people needed water? When babies and old folks were dying from dehydration? You think that was Blanco's best idea?

You were way on business... you didn't evacuate prior to Katrina arriving?

You think Nagin did the right thing by opening the jails and letting all the criminals out?

You think Blanco waited to declare a state of emergency to ... what? Let more people die?

You think Nagin did the right thing to refuse to evacuate people on the Amtrak when they called him and offered?

You think Blanco giving the national guard a vacation was the best thing she could have done with Katrina bearing down ...

How is that? How can that be?

You think Blanco giving the national guard a vacation was the best thing she could have done with Katrina bearing down on NOLA?

You think they didn't evacuate the hospitals even though there was a plan on the LSU web site? You think they were right not to follow that plan?

You think letting those folks stay in the hospitals under the horrific conditions they were in so long after Katrina hit was a good idea?

I know people who died there.

I was a Democrat too. Not because I thought it through, but because everyone was Democrats then.

I saw the light and I changed. As soon as I could after ward... I went down to the courthouse and I changed from Democrat.

And a LOT less people would have died in Katrina if our state and local elected officials HAD DONE THEIR JOBS!!!!

They CAMPAIGNED to be elected. They WANTED those jobs!!!!

They just didn't want to save all those people who elected them.

If you got out of NOLA before Katrina, you got yourself out.

Our state and local officials didn't do squat!!!!
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/06/29 17:57:27
    RobK1967
    More rantings with no substance, and still you won't admit you lied or were just wrong. So very sad
  • lalouis... RobK1967 2010/06/29 19:26:24
    lalouisiane
    +1
    You are what's sad. Stick with those Democrats... you lived through it right?

You are a pitiful excuse for a person. All those dead in your city and... you don't care.

We could smell New Orleans from Baton Rouge after Katrina!!!!

I will not speak with you again, the needless and horrible deaths of people who share your city and state mean nothing to you.

You are sick, God help you.
  • RobK1967 lalouis... 2010/07/01 13:40:43
    RobK1967
    Very nice projection
  • BrianD3 RobK1967 2011/02/06 17:16:00
    BrianD3
    +1
    nice diversion, it is funny that I see you repeat so many of your comments. You must have practiced very hard to be that obtuse and annoying.
  • lalouis... BrianD3 2011/02/07 14:38:11
    lalouisiane
    +1
    And he's succeeded!!! That may be his finest accomplishment in life. LOL
  • BrianD3 lalouis... 2011/02/07 16:11:56
    BrianD3
    +1
    I will congratulate him as well because it probably is his finest hour.
  • lalouis... BrianD3 2011/02/07 16:24:52
    lalouisiane
    +2
    *giggle*
  • BrianD3 RobK1967 2011/02/06 17:14:33
    BrianD3
    +1
    you , informed?

dont make me laugh. You have yet to say much about anything
  • midwife 2010/05/20 12:29:38
    midwife
    +2
    Can I pick both of the selections? What is it with these guys? Everything is video taped, things get checked out. Why do they feel the need to lie and then when caught in it say they "misspoke"? Hillary did the same thing, others also. It's called lying to make yourself look better and if you tell the lie often enough it might become true. Do they think we are that STUPID?
  • lalouis... midwife 2010/05/20 14:56:05
    lalouisiane
    Evidently they do think we're that stupid. What a shock for them to find out we're not.

Yes, I should have had more choices or at least an all of the above.

Honestly, I was so upset when I posted this... that was all I could think of at the time.

And you're right, it is lies.
  • bacon bits 2010/05/20 00:58:48
    I am sick of politicians lying to me. Especially Democrat politicians... all...
    bacon bits
    +1
    I too was in school during the Vietnam era and I find it detestable that Blumenthal said he misspoke...HE DOWN RIGHT LIED so he could lock in votes! I don't believe him for one second! He makes me sick!
  • lalouis... bacon bits 2010/05/20 14:56:23
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Me too.
  • bacon bits lalouis... 2010/05/22 01:31:13
    bacon bits
    +1
    How low can these politicians stoop!!!
  • lalouis... bacon bits 2010/05/22 14:53:12
    lalouisiane
    +1
    I don't know. And I don't want to find out, but I'm afraid we will see.
  • bacon bits lalouis... 2010/05/22 22:20:42
    bacon bits
    +1
    We have less than 3 years left...we can make it!!!! We have too...
  • lalouis... bacon bits 2010/05/23 15:26:04
    lalouisiane
    Yes we can.
  • -sasman- bacon bits 2010/06/28 04:03:59
    -sasman-
    +3
    It is sickening when anyone does it.

• Diane 2010/05/20 00:26:21
    Diane
    +1
    I think someone should also ask this guy if he is gay. There isn't one manly characteristic about him. He seems to have a lot to lie about to win this election.
  • lalouis... Diane 2010/05/20 14:57:09
    lalouisiane
    Since he told such a horrendous lie, it should be over for him.
  • Dale 2010/05/19 22:31:43
    Dale
    +2
    A lie told one time is just plain wrong, twice is a coincidence, and three and more is pathological condition. And our good Senatorial Canditate has told this "porkie" a minimum of seven times, and on tape and film no less. If this is as good as the dEMOCRAT pARTY can do, let the deities have mercey on us all. But then, he is a politician, isn't he? And every little bit of "puff" helps, eh?
  • lalouis... Dale 2010/05/20 14:58:07
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Until the "puff" is held up for the disgusting thing it is.. a complete pre-meditated lie.
  • Dale lalouis... 2010/05/20 20:00:57
    Dale
    +1
    And until we get a media that is not tamed and in the pocket of the current Administration, or any administration for that matter, we will have only 'puff' pieces instead of investigative reporting. Sad day when the fourth estate is in lock-step, sad for the American people, no matter what side of the isle they may sit upon.
  • lalouis... Dale 2010/05/20 22:10:46
    lalouisiane
    +1
    I agree. A free press was one of the very important parts of our democratic republic.

Now we have a bought and paid for bunch of fans and not a journalist among them.
  • USA 2010/05/19 21:50:44
    USA
    +2
    But I don't think they know how to tell the truth.
  • lalouis... USA 2010/05/20 14:58:26
    lalouisiane
    +1
    Then we need to find somebody who can tell the truth.
  • USA lalouis... 2010/05/21 02:19:45
    USA
    +1
    Yes, but good luck with that.

2014/11/22 21:32:59