BLM Calls in Reinforcements for Nevada Ranch 'Emergency'

Transquesta 2014/04/11 05:31:19
BLM Rangers Brought in From Out of State for Nevada Ranch ‘Emergency’
‘They’re almost like a hired gun’
Cliven Bundy supporters raise a banner during a rally / AP

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
April 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Armed Rangers were brought in from out of state by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to assist in security surrounding the Bundy Ranch, according to the family.

A heated confrontation on Wednesday resulted in Cliven Bundy’s son Ammon being tasered by BLM officials and a 57-year-old protester being shoved to the ground.

Stetsy Bundy Cox, Cliven’s daughter, told the Washington Free Beacon that some of the rangers had Oregon and California license plates.

“You know, some of these guys don’t even know why they’re here,” she said. “A few people have talked to them and they got called in here on an emergency feed and they didn’t know what it was for, it just said they had to be here.”

“They’re almost like a hired gun,” Cox said. “Because what they’re supposed to do is they each have a road, and are told to stay on that road, and they’re supposed to keep people off that road, whatever means possible. That’s their job. They don’t even know how many cows have been gathered.”

The BLM did not respond to requests for comment by press time.

Cox said she spoke with an out-of-state Ranger who was ashamed of his job.

“I actually went and talked to one, he was in the back, nobody was even talking to him. He didn’t say much,” she said. “He had a huge big gun on him, but he didn’t really even touch his gun.”

“I asked him, ‘What are you doing? Do you know what you’re doing? You’re stealing an old man’s cattle, his livelihood. He’s a poor man that doesn’t have anything,’” she said. “And I said, ‘You’re pushing baby cows’—I watched a baby cow not want to move and a helicopter swoop down and honk at him till he had to move.”

Cox said the Ranger said, “No, no, we don’t want that.”

“But I saw it,” she said.

“‘Well, well,’ and he goes, ‘I don’t even want to be here. Do you think my grandfather’s proud of me? You think I like this? You think this is fun for me?’”

“Then what are you doing here?” Cox asked him.

“He said, ‘It’s my job.’”

As of Wednesday, 352 cattle have been removed from the public land ranched by the Bundy family for more than a century. An estimated 200 armed officials have surrounded the ranch, the culmination of a dispute dating 20 years over “grazing fees” and the protection of the “desert tortoise.”

In a statement Wednesday evening, the BLM and the National Park Service said safety “remains the number one priority for the operation.”

“In recent days, some peaceful protests have crossed into illegal activity, including blocking vehicles associated with the gather, impeding cattle movement, and making direct and overt threats to government employees,” the agencies said. “These isolated actions that have jeopardized the safety of individuals have been responded to with appropriate law enforcement actions.”

“Today, a BLM truck driven by a non-law enforcement civilian employee assisting with gather operations was struck by a protester on an ATV and the truck’s exit from the area was blocked by a group of individuals who gathered around the vehicle,” they said. “A police dog was also kicked. Law enforcement officers attempting to protect the civilian federal employee from the attack were also threatened and assaulted. After multiple requests and ample verbal warnings, law enforcement officers deployed tasers on a protestor.”

The Bundy family posted a statement online that the Wednesday confrontation began after members of the family were taking pictures on an unmarked road of “helicopters running Bundy cattle to death.”

“When we saw the BLM start to surround them we knew they needed our help so we didn’t have a repeat of what happened to Dave Bundy,” they said, referencing their other son’s arrest on Sunday. “We didn’t go there to start a fight we went to stand for our rights, video what was happening and protect those boys and gentlemen.”

Read More: http://freebeacon.com/issues/blm-rangers-brought-i...

+1
    The BLM retreated yesterday. But are they regrouping?
  • Transqu... Temlako... 2014/04/14 02:54:30
    Transquesta
    +1
    Right now I imagine they're taking names. . .as in recording the license plates and getting the guest lists of all the people who stayed in local hotels while the protest was going on. In fact, given how easily the fed 'gave up,' I'm beginning to think the whole thing was recon.

They're identifying and probing the enemy, IOW, and the enemy is us.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2014/04/13 23:42:28
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    —and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." _Republican, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2014/04/13 23:37:44
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Behold the amazing amount of heavy firepower that Barack Obama's boys were able to mobilize so quickly. At a moment's notice it seemed, just to strike at one elderly American citizen and his cows. Because obviously, an elderly Nevada cattle rancher who just wants his government to leave him alone, is a bigger threat to Americans than terrorists in Benghazi.

I wonder how many tortoises were squashed; Humvees versus cows?
  • Billy Smith 2014/04/11 23:15:10
    Billy Smith
    +1
    wake up folks,its started.
  • Transqu... Billy S... 2014/04/12 06:42:47
    Transquesta
    +1
    4-19-93
    4-19-2014
  • JP 2014/04/11 14:07:51
    JP
    +3
    First the vegetable and fruit crops in California and now the meat raised out west in the desert and grasslands.

Why when food is so expensive would our government make things more difficult for those that produce it?
  • Transqu... JP 2014/04/11 18:41:51
    Transquesta
    +3
    They're making it more difficult because they're trying to drive independent producers/growers out of business. The government has become the enforcers of the agribusiness monopoly. Mark my words. They'll be coming after your backyard garden next.
  • James Transqu... 2014/04/11 20:19:41
    James
    +2
    Why are you so fearful and paranoid about the government? Make a few friends in high places and you'll be set for life, dipping low in the lap of luxury and living on Easy Street like I am.
  • Transqu... James 2014/04/12 06:43:38
    Transquesta
    +1
    LOLOLOLOL!
  • Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL 2014/04/11 13:02:01
    Sal Monella ~PWCM~JL
    +3
    You voted for it now ............... twice. You know who you are. All that hope and change stuff. This is a mere tip of a very big iceberg. Revolutions have started for much less in ages past. What's it going to take for you soft Americans?
  • Transqu... Sal Mon... 2014/04/11 18:44:14
    Transquesta
    +1
    Americans won't rise up against this crap until the goon squad shows up at their door to install their nose rings, mouth bits, tracking chips and leashes. . .

. . .Oh, wait. We already have the leashes. They're called 'smart' phones. Hell, we even/eagerly PAY for our leashes.
  • goatman112003 2014/04/11 08:46:23
    goatman112003
    +2
    And all this crap is being done without a court order. You can't seize shti and deprieve without a hearing or is that something they just forgot to do.
  • william hubbard 2014/04/11 08:35:18
    william hubbard
    +2
    Here comes 0vomit's Reichstag Fire!
  • AL 2014/04/11 07:21:06
    AL
    +2
    Why didn't Comrade Obama just call out the nazi SS troops instead? Oh thats right-the uniforms are different-yet the over all power over the people is still the same
  • Unicorns vs Narwhals 2014/04/11 07:02:48 (edited)
    Unicorns vs Narwhals
    +7
    Well... being from waco I can say that the feds never step over the line -_- Waco ATF Waco ATF
  • roxie 2014/04/11 06:57:55
  • AL roxie 2014/04/11 07:22:26
    AL
    +2
    Good For who?
  • Transqu... AL 2014/04/11 07:27:35
    Transquesta
    +2
    Don't expect an answer--cogent, coherent or otherwise. Roxie is a drive-by liberal.
  • James 2014/04/11 06:48:35
    James
    +3
    The brave, suave, daring and dashingly debonaire militia men have been itching for a showdown with the gooned up burly and brutal federal thugs for a long time to showcase their fine personal arsenal of weapons and demonstrate their world class marksmanship skills on the national stage. Maybe we'll see if the militiamen are up to the challenge which lies ahead of them.
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/11 08:16:34
    Defend Western Civlization
    +2
    Obamas terrorist Thugs who Taze Pregnant Women are running America
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/11 13:22:29
    James
    +2
    You need to have a word with them instead of me but you will need to sober up first or they will Taze you. And justifiably so.
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/11 14:08:42
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    Hitlers thugs also had their time in the sun but in the end they were defeated
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/11 14:23:41
    James
    +2
    You seem to have a very difficult time staying on topic. Why is that?
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/11 16:57:04
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    i am on topic
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/11 16:59:37
    James
    +2
    "BLM Calls in Reinforcements for Nevada Ranch 'Emergency'

No mention of Hitler. Kindly make an effort to stay on topic
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/11 17:01:39
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    And like under the Hitler Reich Americans are being assaulted by government GOONS
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/11 17:30:15
    James
    +2
    No one is being assaulted where I live; maybe they've singled you out though.
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/11 19:14:04
    Defend Western Civlization
    +2
    yes you have failed
    holder is a goon
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/11 19:29:32
    James
    +2
    I'm still considering the terms I will accept from you as you surrender to my vastly superior intellect. I'm thinking now though they will be quite severe, as you need to be taught a lesson about how to stay on topic.
  • Transqu... James 2014/04/11 20:04:58
    Transquesta
    +1
    "Vastly superior intellect. . ." ROTFLMAO!

AT BEST you're a good troll. :-)
  • James Transqu... 2014/04/11 20:16:19
    James
    +2
    Don't make me have to discipline you too.
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/11 23:37:20
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    So your making threats again?
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/11 23:53:10
    James
    +2
    Do you require discipline in your life? Is that a threatening thought to you?
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/12 00:02:08
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    you should tell that to the gun grabber gun runner senator yee
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/12 00:51:31
    James
    +2
    Why dont you?
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/12 01:24:03
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    cause i am not a liberal progressive
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/12 03:22:53
    James
    +2
    All the more reason its your resposibility or are you going talk more and do nothing?
  • Defend ... James 2014/04/12 07:46:06
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    liberal progressives back evil
  • James Defend ... 2014/04/12 14:51:22
    James
    +1
    Remember what I told you about staying on topic.

2014/09/19 19:50:16