BLESS A HIGHWAY WITH HOLY WATER? OR "CLEANSE" IT WITH UN-HOLY WATER? CHURCH VS. ATHEISTS IN FLORIDA. WHAT SIDE OF THE ROAD ARE YOU?

damnyoumaggot 2012/03/19 15:37:00
Road blessings are fine.
The atheists are the reasonable ones.
damnyoumaggot! the assault on Faith, strong is....
Again our wonderful little piece of Florida finds itself in the news:

The latest fight between atheists and religious groups leaves one asking who really crossed the line.

Polk County, Florida, sits smack in the middle of the Sunshine State containing several highways drivers travel through to make their way between major cities in the state. Last year, area religious leaders formed a group, Polk Under Prayer (PUP), that decided to bless the Pasco-Polk county line along Highway 98. PUP’s director said the act was done so that “God would protect us from evildoers, mainly the drug crowd, that they would be dissuaded to come in to the county.”

This gesture has apparently offended area atheists deeply enough that they felt the need to organize an event Saturday to symbolically scrub away the holy oils used by PUP to bless the county line.Bay News 9 reports that the atheists, organized by Humanists of Florida, used “unholy water” to remove the blessing and wash the road because it made them feel uncomfortable:

“But Humanists of Florida members don’t see it that way. They say it makes them feel unwelcome. (from The Blaze)

Atheists in Polk County symbolically scrubbed away at a major highway leading into the county Saturday.

The were removing a blessing placed there a year ago by a group of religious leaders.

Brooms, mops and water hoses in hand, the atheists gathered at the roadside.

"We come in peace .. now that's normally what aliens say when they visit a new planet, but we're not aliens, we're atheists!" Humanists of Florida director Mark Palmer shouted to the group along Highway 98. (from Bay News 9).

So what do you think? Are road blessings okay or should the atheists wash that prayer right out of your hair?

Read More: http://www.youtube.com/user/damnyoumaggot

• Thor American EXPAT n New G... 2012/03/19 16:02:48
    Road blessings are fine.
    Thor American EXPAT n New Guinea
    +9
    When they are done mopping the roads in FL they can go to CA & TX because with an Atheist it's just water. After all how can Someone that doesn't believe in anything have "UN-Holy" anything.

Atheists are so 'F'ing stupid.

But hey their Holiday is coming. APRIL 1st 'National Athiest Day' (better known as APRIL FOOLS DAY) National Atheist day

• Randice Gracie ... 2012/03/20 01:42:03
    Randice
    +3
    I haven't found one that has. Correctly, anyway.
  • Gracie ... Randice 2012/03/20 02:05:21
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    True! It's like Obama quoting it!
  • Randice Gracie ... 2012/03/20 02:18:33
    Randice
    +2
    Aha! I think we actually found Obama's religion!
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/03/19 20:13:49
    SK-pro impeachment
    +4
    I'm all for clean streets. i hope both groups picked up some trash that might have been along the road as well. I can't stand litter bugs!
  • Juanb 2012/03/19 20:02:01
    Road blessings are fine.
    Juanb
    +2
    its harmless. live and let live
  • scbluesman13 2012/03/19 20:00:04
    The atheists are the reasonable ones.
    scbluesman13
    If people from a religious sect tried doing this to a road near me I would respond the same way. Organized religion is sheer lunacy and it shouldn't be accepted as tradition for anything for another moment.
  • damnyou... scblues... 2012/03/19 20:16:28
    damnyoumaggot
    +5
    You would do this?

and then call others loons?
  • scblues... damnyou... 2012/03/19 20:40:44
    scbluesman13
    They are fighting (symbolically anyway) against the patriarchal tyranny and intolerance of organized religion. They are anything but loons. They are enlightened individuals. And yes, I'd do the same thing if I saw a group of religious people attempting to make a blessing to a road near me, claiming that all non-believers be condemned or incarcerated or some other form of punishment for my (non) beliefs.
  • damnyou... scblues... 2012/03/19 21:04:31
    damnyoumaggot
    +2
    How very tolerant of them.
  • scblues... damnyou... 2012/03/19 21:08:27
    scbluesman13
    You might want to take a look and your own video again, and listen carefully to the decree he is reading that the christian group wrote and used to "bless" the road. Then tell me that is loving and tolerant...
  • damnyou... scblues... 2012/03/19 22:06:47
    damnyoumaggot
    +1
    Tolerant or not, they have the Freedom to feel that way.
  • scblues... damnyou... 2012/03/19 22:11:50
    scbluesman13
    So you agree, then, that it was an intolerant message that the christian group was delivering when attempting to "bless" the road.
  • damnyou... scblues... 2012/03/23 19:39:39
    damnyoumaggot
    No. I do not pretend to know either groups' hearts....
  • scblues... damnyou... 2012/03/23 22:13:41
    scbluesman13
    You don't have to know their heart, just to understand what they are saying.
  • Næthan Æterna 2012/03/19 18:55:06
    Road blessings are fine.
    Næthan Æterna
    +7
    What damage could blessing a road possibly do?

If Atheists truly didn't believe in God, then they'd see the "holy water" as only water, right? I don't see why people are getting bent out of shape over water on a road.
  • holly g... Næthan ... 2012/03/19 19:24:50
    holly go lightly
    +3
    I see they are a bit envious
  • Fred 2012/03/19 18:34:38 (edited)
    Road blessings are fine.
    Fred
    +5
    Really ... I dont care what atheists think .... I dont believe in them! LOL
  • Sheila 2012/03/19 18:33:43
    Sheila
    +2
    LOL, sounds like it was working and they couldn't get over the line......maybe they (the clergy) could do it again, but not on the news! Pretty sure ya can't wash off a blessing! Bless their hearts. So many liberal groups just have to be all "Oh look at ME!!". So silly.
  • Cognito22 2012/03/19 18:28:00
    Road blessings are fine.
    Cognito22
    +5
    They're either idiots with too much time on their hands or they have a great sense of humor.
  • Sheila Cognito22 2012/03/19 18:34:46
    Sheila
    +2
    LOL, I would say because of item one it is item two!!
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2012/03/19 18:26:17 (edited)
  • Sheila Richard... 2012/03/19 18:35:39
    Sheila
    +3
    You make the greatest points!!! Awesome!
  • Richard... Sheila 2012/03/19 18:48:43
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +2
    Thanks, I just call it like I see it.
  • Sheila Richard... 2012/03/19 19:32:55
    Sheila
    +2
    Well my friend you do see things very clearly then!!
    Road blessings are fine.
    +5
    And what a silly gesture.

That only goes to show: they are anti-theists. Rebels against God.
  • CaptænWorgen 2012/03/19 18:18:04
    Road blessings are fine.
    CaptænWorgen
    +2
    This is just an example of extremism. Just like the extremist acts carried out by every other religion on the planet. Every group on earth has people that want their beliefs to be simple black and white formula. These are the people to be feared, not the labels tossed back and forth.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/03/19 18:16:41
    Road blessings are fine.
    heirsoftheking
    +3
    If these atheists (not all atheists) don't want the roads blessed, then what do they want? Car crashes? Roads that deteriorate fast?
  • CaptænW... heirsof... 2012/03/19 18:39:47
    CaptænWorgen
    If God exists, could a demon wash away his blessings? I say, no. So neither could an unbeliever. If they Atheists symbolically opt out of the blessing that's their problem. this is a non issue really.
  • Sew 2012/03/19 18:14:05
    Sew
    They're both retards. Holy water will not keep drug dealers away and the water is not holy, its just water get over it atheist.
    +4
    Zealous atheists? Isn't that a contradiction in terms? Lately "atheists" like Richard Dawkins (biggest scientific fraud in history!) and the late Christopher Hitchens became "evangelists" for what has become an "atheist faith!"

Regarding Hitchens, he is dead forever at age 62, and GOD is Great Forever!
    http://exiledonline.com/chris...
  • goatman112003 2012/03/19 17:57:50
    Road blessings are fine.
    goatman112003
    +4
    They are looking for protection from evil. What is wrong with that. The humanists can't give that.
    Road blessings are fine.
    +5
    You know what is truly interesting here ..
    the "Atheists" .. who claim to be uncomfortable and stewards of anti-bigotry ..
    Are BIGOTED enough .. to make a public demonstration of (gathering the media in the process) .. going out and INTOLERANTLY Scrubbing away (what's already evaporated) .. and adding 'UN-welcome .. UN-Holy water .. (isn't that their form of 'prayer' .. hmm ... seems to me to be quite the intolerance on display) .. quite the display of disrespect of others and their faith .. but then again .. there's nothing respectful when you make it a publicity event.

Having Driven Hwy98 .. I can say that road .. beautiful in spots, highly dangerous in others, with law enforcement also well aware that it is a transit route of ILLEGAL Activity .. I've said a prayer many a time when going down it .. (and will say another when I next travel Hwy 98 .. )
  • Sheila sglmom 2012/03/19 18:38:27
    Sheila
    +2
    Scroll back up and look at the post by relentless. What a GREAT point he makes.
  • sglmom Sheila 2012/03/19 18:43:33
    +2
    Sounds quite along the same lines as what I was going for here .. seems to me .. there's a bit of hyprocisy when one claims to be 'atheist' .. yet .. demonstrates 'faith via prayer' (of their own forming)..
  • Sheila sglmom 2012/03/19 19:33:50
    Sheila
    +1
    I LOVED the line about acknowledging His power by their act.
  • Mrs. ma... sglmom 2012/03/19 23:12:22
    Mrs. maggot
    +2
    I think we should just randomly "bless" many roads here.....then tell the atheists we did.....just not which roads.
  • sglmom Mrs. ma... 2012/03/20 02:36:46
    +1
    Good Idea!
  • raimiek 2012/03/19 17:34:24
    The atheists are the reasonable ones.
    raimiek
    +2
    oops..Road blessings are fine. Accidental click. :p It's not like blessing a road would do anything; It Certainly wouldn't harm anything.
  • The Patriot RP 2012 2012/03/19 17:25:25
    Road blessings are fine.
    The Patriot RP 2012
    +6
    Where did the Atheist get unholy water, Satan? BTW, Atheist, by the time you tried to cleanse the area with your unholy water the Holy water has already evaporated, sort of like your intelligence in this case.
  • raimiek The Pat... 2012/03/19 17:29:13

2014/08/29 10:19:24