Bill Clinton on Obama: 'A Few Years Ago, This Guy Would Have Been Carrying Our Bags' !!

Prairie Wind 2012/09/03 00:28:51

Clinton Temptations

Former President Bill Clinton tried to get former senator Ted Kennedy to endorse Hillary Clinton for president in the 2008 election by describing Barack Obama this way: "A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags."

... This anecdote is revealed in a New Yorker article on the relationship between Bill Clinton and Obama:

... Tim Russert told me that, according to his sources, Bill Clinton, in an effort to secure an endorsement for Hillary from Ted Kennedy, said to Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been carrying our bags.”

Clinton is giving a keynote address at the Democratic convention this week in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Read More: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bill-clinton-o...

• Kiosk Kid 2012/09/03 22:57:20
    Kiosk Kid
    +3
    The Marxist in the White House doesn't have the mental where-with-all to run a hot dog stand. Carrying bags is about his level today.

Notice Hillary wasn't going lower herself to run as VP under the Spending Machine.

Why do you think his educational records are sealed?
  • Maynard 2012/09/03 11:44:49
    Maynard
    +2
    That is the MOST RACIST THING EVER by a politician in modern times.

And the libs will somehow blame BUSH?
  • Prairie... Maynard 2012/09/03 23:46:57 (edited)
    Prairie Wind
    +1
    Not the first time, pull out of your local library, the book, "The Amateur" by Edward Klein, quoting "Bill Clinton thought so little of President Obama — mocking him as an “amateur” — that he pressed his wife last summer to quit her job as secretary of state and challenge him in the primaries," She did so .... let's not forget..

And not to exclude Matt Damon slam of Obama, Democrats: 'One Term President With Some Balls Would Have Been Better' appearing in the Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

"I've talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, 'Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician,'" Damon tells the magazine. "You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better."

~ Matt Damon

When campaigning against Hillary, Hussein found himself attempting to hit back at President Bill Clinton ~~~

• Al C. 2012/09/03 11:10:36
    Al C.
    +3
    Now it looks Bill Clinton's being a good soldier and kissing his ass so Hillary will be next in line in 2016 yet she won't to be on the ticket as the Vice-President because she doesn't want to be alligned with a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Prairie... Al C. 2012/09/03 23:56:44
    Prairie Wind
    Whew ... she'll be 69 running for a 2016 election! What will a wet mop look like then?

Hillary   Vote for Romney
  • Al C. Prairie... 2012/09/04 00:05:26 (edited)
    Al C.
    +1
    She's never been noted for her looks. In fact what the hell has she ever been noted for other than being Bill's wife and a bitch on wheels at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Prairie... Al C. 2012/09/04 01:15:14
    Prairie Wind
    A thief? How much did the two allegedly take that was White House government property when they moved out?
  • Sissy 2012/09/03 09:28:53
    Sissy
    You have to also remember that the Clintons' were in a pitched battle in a highly contested political campaign at that time, and the emotions and passionate rhetoric was pretty high.

You might remember more clearly what the other republican candidates said about the "inevitable" candidate just a few months ago.
  • Cognito22 Sissy 2012/09/03 14:18:31
    Cognito22
    +2
    Wonderful answers by Romney.
    "For me, politics is not a career"
    "I long for the day when politicians serve their country and go home"
    And a humble and patriotic rebuttal to Gingrich's assault.

Thanks for posting.
    The more I hear from Romney, the more I like him.
  • Sissy Cognito22 2012/09/03 17:02:42
    Sissy
    Then you just go vote for him. But I would say that anyone who has not had a job (except for the "small amount" like $350,000 he made giving speeches) and has been running full-time for POTS over five years now, can hardly say "Politics is not a career". lol

Who knows what he will "long for" tomorrow? He's changed his mind on everything he's ever said before who knows if he will remember that line tomorrow?

He could self-righteously take the high road when he was personally assaulted by his fellow republicans, he just let the unfettered super paks carpet bomb in his stead.

For most people, the more they hear from Romney, the more they wonder what the heck he's saying. Go figure.
  • Cognito22 Sissy 2012/09/03 17:38:28 (edited)
    Cognito22
    +2
    I know what he's saying.
    He's saying he's not a radical ideologue . . .
    that being elected by the people, he serves the people's will not his own.
    For instance, I myself have wavered on abortion I'm Pro-Life to a point. I believe that in the case of rape or incest it's warranted. And then there are some days where I can see how, if a woman doesn't want a child, she can terminate its development. And there are days where I abhor the idea of a life being snuffed out before it enters this world.
    The best position I could state now would be the same as Romney . . . allowing abortion in cases like rape or incest . . . but frowning upon it as a means of birth control . . . as in not including it as being covered under 'standard' health care.
    So, yeh, I can relate to someone like that.
  • Sissy Cognito22 2012/09/04 11:09:36
    Sissy
    +1
    But then, isn't that "playing god", deciding what pregnacy should be terminated? If nothing else, Akin "chooses" not to be the Almighty and says that all the little cells should come to fruition.

Simply, you would be hard put to find any woman regardless what her ideology is, to find it a "simple" matter to terminate. Its a life-changing decision and regardless if she's Right, Left or in the Middle would never take it lightly. But in the end, it should be her decision and none of us know what brought her to that point in her life and we have no right to know why.

As an aside, the fact what I find the most frustrating, is that in this day and age, there should be NO need to make such an awful decision as this. No woman should become pregnant anymore if she does not want to be....unless she is indeed assaulted and given no choice.
  • Cognito22 Sissy 2012/09/04 13:58:00
    Cognito22
    I think most everyone has said that Akin was wrong, so I can only guess the reason you're beating that dead horse is because you enjoy it.
    I'm not even sure why the GOP has such an extreme position. The only candidate I know of that holds that position is Santorum.
  • Sissy Cognito22 2012/09/04 16:17:23
    Sissy
    Then why was it put into the GOP Platform?
  • Cognito22 Sissy 2012/09/04 16:24:03
    Cognito22
    Good question.
    There certainly isn't wide-spread support for it.
    Like I said, not even Romney supports it.
  • Sissy Cognito22 2012/09/04 16:26:15
    Sissy
    So what does that tell you about Romney's influence with his own Party?
  • Cognito22 Sissy 2012/09/04 16:31:01 (edited)
    Cognito22
    It tells you he is not a slave to the Republican platform.
    That he's an independent thinker . . . and will to break away from some of its idiotic stances.
    That's why I'm voting for him.
    Can you say the same about our Divider-in-Chief?
  • Sissy Cognito22 2012/09/04 20:50:44
    Sissy
    "Independent thinker"?? You're kidding, right? No one is more enslaved to the extreme right than this candidate. He had to throw out his own values, beliefs, integrity, honesty and decency to get that nomination, and all he's left with is shallowness and a constituency that largely doesn't trust him. Go figure.
  • Cognito22 Sissy 2012/09/04 22:05:52
    Cognito22
    +1
    Which just proves he's not truly extreme right.
    My kind of guy.
  • Prairie... Cognito22 2012/09/04 00:21:55 (edited)
    Prairie Wind
    +1
    He's starting to use Alinsky's Rules and it drives the others nuts! It's very subtle and a basis for the RNC convention. Hillary interviewed and wrote her thesis on Alinsky while Obama just got the manual to use for community organizing.
  • Prairie... Sissy 2012/09/04 00:05:22
    Prairie Wind
    A tactical move ... the post is about what Bill Clinton said most recently and just to include it, also in "The Amateur" by Edward Klein, released a few months ago, all about Hussein.

And in the 2008 debates, Obama's statements and Hillary's responses, reflect Obama hasn't performed to be worthy of another four years.

• Sissy Prairie... 2012/09/04 11:11:18
    Sissy
    Au contraire, in spite of the hysteria of the Republicans to block, fillibuster and just say 'no' to every single initiative he's ever proposed, he did bring us back from the ditch we were nearly driven into and which Romney/Ryan have every intention of pushing us back to.
  • Cognito22 Sissy 2012/09/04 14:00:04
    Cognito22
    +1
    Wow.
    That video should be shown as the definition of hypocrite.
  • Prairie... Sissy 2012/09/04 19:37:01
    Prairie Wind
    "Back from the ditch"? Lay out the numbers and cite your sources to back up your claim.
  • Sissy Prairie... 2012/09/04 20:54:57
    Sissy
    You don't believe that the financial market had cratered leading up to '08? That the GDP was 9% in that last quarter, that we were losing 750,000 jobs a month or that there has now been job growth for the last 29 months straight? You don't know that had the republicans not been determined to make him fail there would have been more jobs given to workers who would have been building our crumbling bridges, roads, schools, contributing to the economy and paying taxes? Get your own facts, you obviously wouldn't believe any link I gave you anyway and I'm tired of doing the work for you guys when you dismiss it anyway.
  • redhorse29 2012/09/03 06:35:44
    redhorse29
    +2
    Interesting Bubba will give a supporting speech for the man that insulted him and his wife over and over and over again. Democrats just do not have any sense of personal moral standards.
  • Prairie... redhorse29 2012/09/03 06:42:30
    Prairie Wind
    +1
    What's interesting is that "Bubba" carries more political weight than Obama .... darn ... give him a sack of McDonald cheesburgers before he goes on ... it could be an interesting twist.
    Could he even handle a three year campaign to get his wife in office when he's 70? I think they'll pass on 2016 and enjoy retirement instead.
  • Sissy Prairie... 2012/09/03 09:32:43
    Sissy
    +1
    If you took a good look at "Bubba" these days, he ain't doing much business at McDonald's! I tend to agree with you though, I don't believe she will run in '16 either.
  • Sissy redhorse29 2012/09/03 09:31:03
    Sissy
    Dems with "no moral standards"?? Right, and the Pubs have shown such high moral ground, eh? That's a hoot.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/09/03 03:28:04
  • Sissy seadog6... 2012/09/03 09:36:12
    Sissy
    The contest between Obama and Clinton in '08 got nothing short of pretty "testy" (to put it mildly) toward the end of that hard fought campaign. But it was nothing compared to the vitriol spewed by the republican candidates against each other this time around. One thing that has come out, all of the republican candidates ended up despising Romney with a passion. Mostly because of the carpet bombing he did against each of them who got anywhere close to him in the polls.
  • seadog6... Sissy 2012/09/03 15:34:56
  • Sissy seadog6... 2012/09/03 17:04:47
    Sissy
    +1
    Ohhhh for this to be over, wouldn't you say??

Can you believe that summer is just about gone? Its been a tough one. The kids go back to school tomorrow and there will be no little darlings coming by. We leave for New England later in the month and I'm really looking forward to that. How about you, any plans for the Fall?
  • seadog6... Sissy 2012/09/03 20:05:15 (edited)
  • Sissy seadog6... 2012/09/04 11:23:02
    Sissy
    +1
    Pssst....when do you have "time" for your job? lol. You're Fall is even busier than mine and I'm retired!!! You have squirrels, we have coons that have been not only bedeviling our birdfeed but our gardens as well. Our neighbor put out a trap, caught the critter and took it deep into the woods and let it out.....the damn thing not only found its way back, but brought her whole family with her. The feeling is, "we're not going to be so nice this time around".

Let me know how the "paces" come out! My son-in-law is crazy about that activity and he does it every chance he gets.
  • seadog6... Sissy 2012/09/04 15:38:32
  • Prairie... Sissy 2012/09/04 19:39:19
    Prairie Wind
    Obama, Michelle, children and in-laws all seeking a free meal! LOL
  • Sissy Prairie... 2012/09/04 20:55:38
    Sissy
    Yep, them durn darkies are always looking for a free ride. lol
    You are too funny
  • Prairie... Sissy 2012/09/04 00:28:17
    Prairie Wind
    Winning does require achievement of a success.
  • Red Branch 2012/09/03 02:09:24
    Red Branch
    +5
    Bill can say that and face no reprecussions because he was our first Black president; besides Bill does so much for all the politically correct causes.

2014/11/27 10:46:05