Bill Clinton Doesn't Have 'Any Problem' With Temporarily Extending The Bush Tax Cuts ::::what do u think?

emo ♥ Яenju 2012/06/06 11:55:59
Former President Bill Clinton said today that he doesn't "have any problem" with extending the Bush Tax Cuts - at least temporarily - in order to "avoid the fiscal cliff" that looms when the across-the-board tax cuts expire at the end of this year.

"What I think we need to do is find some way to avoid the fiscal cliff, to avoid doing anything that would contract the economy now and then deal with what's necessary in the long term debt-reduction plans as soon as they can, which presumably would be after the election," Clinton said in an interview with CNBC's Maria Bartiromo on Tuesday.

When asked if that meant extending the Bush tax cuts, Clinton said "I don't have any problem with extending all of it now."

President Obama has called on Congress to allow the tax cuts to expire at the end of the year for people earning more than $250,000.

Clinton has been campaigning with Obama all week and attended a high-dollar fundraiser with the president in New York just last night.

The former president said today that Congress "will probably have to put everything off until early next year."

"That's probably the best thing to do right now," he added.

Tougher decisions on how to deal with the deficit and the debt, said Clinton, will have to come later.

"The Republicans don't want to do that [wait until next year] unless he agrees to extend the tax cuts permanently, including for upper income people, and I don't think the president should do that," he said.

This isn't the first time a nuanced interview from President Clinton has led to reports that he breaks from President Obama on an issue.

Clinton had to backtrack after he said earlier this week that Obama's GOP rival Mitt Romney's "sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold" for being president. A cornerstone of Obama's campaign has been attacking Romney's business cred.
threshold president cornerstone obamas campaign beennbsp attacking romneys business cred

Clinton told CBS NewsHour's Judy Woodruff in an interview Tuesday that it's "not necessarily" wrong for the Obama campaign to keep up its critique of Romney's business record.

He also said that, when he was asked the question last week, he was not aware of the political context.
obama campaign critique romneys business record week aware political context

"I didn't have any idea, when I was giving that answer, that I was wading into some controversy in the campaign, because I haven't seen the ads, and I'm not following it, and I'm not really part of it," Clinton said.

• Marcus Clark 2012/06/07 03:25:45
    i think
    Marcus Clark
    They don't go far enough. Our tax system is completely hopelessly broken. It cannot be fixed. It needs to be scrapped and replaced.
  • Carl 2012/06/07 02:29:36
    i think
    Carl
    They should be made permanent.
  • les_gvt 2012/06/06 17:07:52
    i think
    les_gvt
    he better quit endorsing Rodney and the republicans or Hillary will cut him off
    i think
    He is, of course, correct - we are headed toward another recession and we do not need to raise taxes at this time
  • Wahvlvke 2012/06/06 13:43:42
    i think
    Wahvlvke
    that just maybe billy blow job has encountered a temporary flash of common sense.
  • tarun.j... Wahvlvke 2012/12/26 13:00:18
    tarun.jangid.75
    +16
    hello man
  • Wahvlvke tarun.j... 2012/12/26 13:06:40
    Wahvlvke
    ????
    i think
    Smart man!
  • John Hall 2012/06/06 12:53:51
    i think
    John Hall
    what clinton is really saying is if you allow the bush tax cuts to expire i'll have to pay more in taxes and bill clinton or any other rich person doesnt want that .
  • Pronatalist Pronatalist 2012/06/06 12:36:53
    i think
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    Do away with the unjust income tax, that diminishes the work ethic and creates higher unemployment. The 16th Amendment wasn't even ratified. What a huge fraud, this liar The United Slaves of America, is now. Taken over by liberal-retards, commies, and New World Order criminal elitists.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/06/06 12:30:00
  • Pronata... mk, Sma... 2012/06/06 12:41:14
    Pronatalist Pronatalist
    +1
    Well at least commie "Rhodes scholar" (NWO) Clinton can now say, "Well at least I didn't do as bad as Obummer."

Clinton cheated on his wife. But I hear that Obummer is a homosexual. Then shortly after that, he comes out in support of "gay marriage," right before a major election. Why am I not all that surprised? What? Maybe he wants to lose, considering that most states have passed Marriage Amendments? NWO told him, to step aside, it's time for the next NWO puppet who will continue the same failed policies to destroy The United Slaves of America?
  • mk, Sma... Pronata... 2012/06/06 12:48:03

2014/10/20 08:14:29