Be Honest: Are there TOO MANY illegal Mexicans??!!

BlueRepublican 2012/04/27 22:50:26
Yes, there are too many
No, there's still room for more
Maybe, I am not sure
America is a country built on the backs of slave and immigrant labor. Immigration has been a key factor to the success and prosperity of this great nation.

Illegal immigrants are an everyday part of our life. They prepare and serve our meals, mow our lawns, clean our homes, watch our kids, fix our roofs, lay our carpets, clean our offices, etc...

Illegal immigrants come from all over the world. From Haitians, Jamaicans and Cubans floating onto Miami to European students overstaying their study visas. From Africans on expired work visas to Boatloads of Chinese immigrants from Asia. And yet today, the face of illegal immigration is a biased one.

First thing that comes to mind are the immigrants crossing the border. The unfair media portrayal in combination with outspoken advocacy groups have painted all with a broad stroke.

My only purpose here is to call out the hypocrisy at play. SB1070 in Arizona and HB56 in Alabama unfairly profile and discriminate people. After all, there are immigrants from all over the world, of every culture, language and land, so how can you tell if an African, European, Asian or Latino has got a visa or not?

In conclusion, when you say there's too many illegal immigrants. Be honest, aren't you really saying,

"Are there TOO many illegal Mexicans??!!"

• Of Thee I Sing... 2012/04/27 23:22:39
    Yes, there are too many
    Of Thee I Sing...
    +13
    As an American of Mexican decent who's parents were and are legal Americans ...I believe that you should come to this country the right way....period......"Illegal is NOT a race....It's a crime.

• David Hussey 2012/05/30 06:57:22
    No, there's still room for more
    David Hussey
    What is the right number of illegals? When do you cross the line from enough to provide the sub-minimum wage labor everyone benefits from and would loath to go without to "they're takin' our jobs"?
  • Manuel 2012/05/30 06:49:46
    Manuel
    +1
    Be Honest: Are there TOO MANY illegal whites?
  • David H... Manuel 2012/05/30 06:55:36
    David Hussey
    +1
    Now that is a little too honest for a lot of folks Manuel!
  • Manuel David H... 2012/05/30 06:59:19
    Manuel
    +1
    It can be...being there is no profiling of white people (or white presidents) to check their legal statics .....
  • littleb... Manuel 2012/06/12 19:27:52
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    Really? I think not! John McCain was vetted in the very same manor as Barack Obama before being allowed to be a candidate!
  • Manuel littleb... 2012/06/12 19:32:01
    Manuel
    okay that one white against millions of Hispanic looking people...
  • littleb... Manuel 2012/06/12 19:38:37
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    What is "Hispanic Looking"?
  • Manuel littleb... 2012/06/12 19:50:25
    Manuel
    if you do not know, then I can't help you...it would be like me asking you...what is white looking ?...
  • littleb... Manuel 2012/06/12 19:52:22
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    Don't know don't care! You're the one profiling not me!
  • Manuel littleb... 2012/06/12 19:56:29
    Manuel
    now you look like the racist fool you are...your the one that asked me ....lol bye Troll...
  • littleb... Manuel 2012/06/12 20:08:12
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    Lol....I think not! Trowing the "Racist" Label at whites when you go into such detail of racial differences just out's what you really are!

Ain't Transparency Grand!
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/02 19:57:36
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    +1
    I'm sure there are! And too many illegal asians, africans, indians, etc. Anyone who is here illegally needs to leave.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/06/04 02:38:45
    Manuel
    +1
    sure they are all looked at and profiled....but lets be realistic...no authorities are profiling white people...
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/04 04:45:00
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    And neither are non-white people... Unless they happen to run afoul of the law in the first place. In that case, the person's identity is questioned, regardless of race, and if they are here illegally, they should be sent back home.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/06/06 03:56:27
    Manuel
    any body that is black or looks Hispanic , Mexican ,Latino....even if they are American citizens and do not run afoul of the law get profiled.... period....
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/06 13:59:50
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    How, exactly? Are they stopped in the street, having done nothing wrong, and asked for ID? Show me where that's permitted in the law...
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/06/11 01:37:10
    Manuel
    here are some examples...in D.C. and in Texas...white cops will park off road at night with high beans on...so when traffic past blacks would stand out more and they would chase down that car...When the WTC towers were attacked and I went to NYC to visit family cops stopped me all day and checked me thinking I was Arab...

And while growing up in the projects if we were hanging out on a corner white cops would ALWAYS hassle us...but when I hung out in white hoods on corner with white friends...no problems...you are not black or Hispanic..if you were then you would know this...
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/11 14:08:14
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    You're actually claiming that cops are racist and so use high beams to single out black people? Show some evidence for that... I live near DC, and have never heard of such a thing. As for cops stopping you to see if you're Arab, if it was directly after the 9/11 attacks, that'd far different from racism. They were looking for people who were connected to the attacks, and if you both fit the physical profile, and your behavior made you look at all suspicious, it would be right for them to stop and question you. Though, with all the hundreds of thousands of black people in NYC, it seems unlikely that they'd have singled you out multiple times.

Finally, the projects are typically high-crime areas with a lot of drug activity due to the type of people that government assistance programs attract, and the fact that poor people are more likely to do drugs or get desperate enough to commit crimes. So, hanging out on the corner is going to attract police attention. I guarantee you though, that a white kid was hanging out on that same corner, they'd have the cops check them out regularly too. As long as you are smart and treat the cops with respect, they're not going to go further than saying, "what are you guys up to here." I've been stopped by police several times in my life, and never had an issue because I'm always respectful and don't act like I have anything to hide (because I'm never doing anything illegal, more than maybe a little speeding).
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/06/12 19:41:03
    Manuel
    You're actually claiming that cops are racist and so use high beams to single out black people? Show some evidence for that... I live near DC

Dude...you live near D.C. and never heard of that/...lol, it was in the News on T.V. in the papers...lol you must live under a rock...and yea many cops are racist...and thieves....

And try walking around with a black bag as a`Wall street messenger...I am Hispanic...to whites we all look a`like, like ARABS right?..

You know absolutely nothing about the ghetto...you just gave me whitey's stereo views on the ghetto...get lost Troll...
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/12 20:23:33 (edited)
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    There's a big difference between individual cops (or other people) being racists or thieves, and state-sponsored racial profiling. Of course there are racist individuals, but that's not limited to white people by any stretch.

You're posting anecdotal statements and arbitrary comments, and you call me a troll? That's rich...
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/06/12 22:07:02 (edited)
    Manuel
    I am posting the truth....about D.C. cops and what happen to me....if these things happen to me and these things happened in D.C. then they are happening all over in the U.S. to say they are not is a sign of your denial ....racism is much more of a white thing....so is crime....but the majority of white crime and racism just doesn't reach the news...on the other hand, even the smallest black crimes makes the news because the country is designed that way...you do understand that whites are the dominant population. That's power...that explains why...but I don't really expect you to understand that....My apologies for calling you a troll, but don't try to say what I said is B.S. I'm living proof that it happens...
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/13 03:26:03
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    The problem is, that even if you've had certain things happen to you, that's still anecdotal. That doesn't mean that such things are rampant or the norm. Nor does it necessarily mean that your experiences were actually the results of racism. Your statement that racism is more a white thing is not true either, since white people are not usually the ones to declare things to be about race. Are there racist individuals? Sure... Of all races. Is one race more racist than another? Hard to say, but I definitely seem to see more people that are in the minorities claiming that this or that is a race issue.

Also, your claim that crime is a majority white thing is way untrue. FBI statistics actually show quite the opposite. Per capita, crime (especially violent crime) is higher among blacks and hispanics.

Simply being the (shrinking) majority race does not mean power. Whites don't have politcal groups out there pushing race programs to favor them. And in many areas (for instance my town), whites are actually a minority.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/06/13 04:05:35
    Manuel
    What happens to me happens daily///some where everyday some minority is getting profiled, arrested, shot at...some bring it on but many don't...Many blacks and Hispanics get locked up and are pronounced to be guilty...then comes DNA testing and what do know?...they were telling the truth...But people see only their color...

Racism was started by whites the day the Mayflower landed...What racism blacks have came from that...Blacks were never racists for centuries...they tried to get white America to accept them...I am sure you know all the stories...but white racism was so great that by the time the 60's rolled in...it was a break down...

Now I am not saying all whites are racists...even back then...but they were the minority ...maybe it's still that way today...but even that group would out number blacks....

Big crime is more of a white thing...that's what I meant . White people steal big...and can get away with it for decades...they out class blacks when it come to white collar crimes. They got the money to get top lawyers...

In the lower end ...You have a lot of chump crime...like drugs and stealing...but if a white kid get's busted for a chump crime, they get off, black kids get locked up....for committing the same chump crime. And this is what the FBI statistics are full of....

In the lower end ...You have a lot of chump crime...like drugs and stealing...but if a white kid get's busted for a chump crime, they get off, black kids get locked up....for committing the same chump crime. And this is what the FBI statistics are full of...chump crimes....

So why is this?...No money for a good lawyer...The majority of white people can afford a lawyer....poor blacks can't...even if they are innocent...they get locked up because they have no one to defend them.
    Whites don't have political groups out there pushing race programs ...

What's a race program?
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/13 14:52:24 (edited)
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    You're throwing out a lot of arbitrary statements with absolutely no data or evidence to back it up. But I'll try to address at least some of your points.

"What happens to me happens daily///some where everyday some minority is getting profiled, arrested, shot at.."

If it happens to you every day, then perhaps you should move somewhere that is less dangerous. The second part of this is moot, because the majority of minority related shootings are by minorities as well (gang or drug related primarily). If you're not doing anything illegal, then you won't get arrested (and if you did get arrested with no basis, you'd be able to sue the police for false arrest).

"Many blacks and Hispanics get locked up and are pronounced to be guilty"

Nobody just gets "pronounced" guilty without a trial, excepting perhaps out in the boondocks. If they are locked up, it's most likely because they did something illegal (drug use, prostitution, theft, assault, etc).

"Racism was started by whites the day the Mayflower landed...What racism blacks have came from that."

I don't excuse the things that were done by slave owners. But that is hundreds of years ago, and until people are willing to move past it, racism can never truly end. And by the way, those white slave owners purchased the slaves from bl...

I don't excuse the things that were done by slave owners. But that is hundreds of years ago, and until people are willing to move past it, racism can never truly end. And by the way, those white slave owners purchased the slaves from black slave traders...

"Now I am not saying all whites are racists...but even that group would out number blacks..."

Are you really saying that there are more racist white people than there are black people?? Please tell me I misunderstood this.

"Big crime is more of a white thing...that's what I meant".

This is nothing to do with race, it's only to do with ability. And it's not restricted to white people, it's anyone who has the power and money (and lack of ethics) to perpetrate the types of crimes you're referring to.

"In the lower end ...You have a lot of chump crime...like drugs and stealing."

Stealing is not a chump crime. If you take something that belongs to me, you deserve to go to jail, period. But those types of crimes are not the majority of people in prison, as they usually carry very short jail terms or fines. The ones that land you in prison are violent crimes (robbery, assault, domestic abuse), or drug trafficking.

"but if a white kid get's busted for a chump crime, they get off, black kids get locked up....for committing the same chump crime."

That's an arbitrary statement. Show some evidence to back that up.

"The majority of white people can afford a lawyer....poor blacks can't."

The majority of white people can't either... At least not the ones that end up getting busted for the types of crimes you're referring to. But the fact is that there are fewer white people arrested for those crimes because fewer commit them.

"What's a race program?"
    Things like Affirmative Action
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/06/14 02:04:20
    Manuel
    I tried to give you a point...but to you all poor blacks and Hispanics that live in ghettos are just criminals ...that's racist right there dude... The ghettos are filled with hard working people...gangs are not the majority,,,,The FBI reports are a white thing....Whites have the higher crime rate by logic...they out number the blacks...it's just more spread out and never makes the news. and white kids that do a crime get less harsh sentences then blacks and Hispanics kids that do the same crime, they do serious time... Same with adults...My wife is an Attorney for over 20 years served in 4 States she's the one that told me this...practically every State is like this....lol...you gotta be kidding dude if you do believe this...

If I walked in a white hood,when I was a kid... I get my ass kicked...for no reason...that is how it was when I was a kid...so white people aren't that nice either...

But seeing you are just gonna defend whitey..really leads to nothing here...whitey is great ...the supreme race...lol...

And if Affirmative Action had to come about...that just showed how racist a lot of white America really was and still is...if it wasn't a racist nation ...then Affirmative Action would have never been heard of...
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/06/15 03:59:50
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    You tried to give a point, but it's conjecture and opinion, not facts. I never said all poor blacks and Hispanics were criminals. I said that if you get locked up, it's likely because you did something illegal.

Unless you want to actually debate using facts and logic, and not arbitrary statements, there's no point in continuing this discussion.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/07/08 04:57:45
    Manuel
    I got locked up once for doing nothing wrong.. believe it or nt dude...that happens...to a lot of blacks and Hispaincs ...because we all look alike...don't kid your self dude...I not...it happens...
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/07/10 04:22:15
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    Again, they can't just lock you up for nothing. They have to have probable cause to arrest you. If they didn't, get yourself a civil attorney and sue the police department. You could start by contacting the ACLU.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/07/10 04:27:48
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/07/10 04:34:10
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    Sounds to me more like you found out that SOME cops suck. Just like some doctors suck, some waitresses suck, some gardeners suck, etc. Cops are people, and there are good ones and bad ones. You're generalizing and assuming that your bad experience applies to all cops, when it's a very small minority of them that are actually bad.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/07/10 06:41:50
    Manuel
    well first off you have no proof that it's a very small minority that are bad.
    It can be the majority are bad and the minority are good...

What do you care if I don't trust cops?...people here on S.H. complain about then all the time...They say "I need a gun because I don't trust a cop will be there on time to save me"...

If this country really trusted all it's cops then law biting citizens would not need guns for protection...

Criminals would fear them but instead buy them off...many cops seem to be part of crime bosses pay checks... something like that is always on the news some where in America.
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/07/10 15:13:09
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    There's a big difference between not wanting to wait for the cops to arrive and assuming that all cops are evil. We don't have enough cops to have one sitting ready within 60 seconds of any place a person may be attacked at all times.

And there are actually very few stories about police that are bought off in this country (much different in Mexico, where the Federalis are in the pocket of the cartels). Yes, it happens, but that's why police departments have Internal Affairs divisions, which police the police. Corruption is taken very seriously here.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/07/10 17:33:43
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/07/10 17:50:41
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    There are also racist hispanics who hate whites. That doesn't make them the norm. The Zimmerman thing is actually backwards. The cops did the right thing by the law initially, and then public pressure caused them to arrest Zimmerman without much actual evidence that a crime was committed. But that's a whole other debate.
  • Manuel Seeker ... 2012/07/10 18:04:23
    Manuel
    yup there are all kinds of racist cops... and the cops didn't do the right thing...with the Zimmerman , Martin case...they just took Zimmerman's word for it...nothing was done to preserve the actual scene....they just took the body up with no markings or pictures how it laid...or anything ...but when it got to the media...then things came out that were not right....

Trayvon's parents were kinda told to get lost it over, your kid is a thug...not in those words but that's kinda how this all made them feel...so they did what they could to find out what really happen..only because they cared about their child....

I would have done the same thing if it was my kid...The parents knew their son...he's was a kid with kid problems like most teens...he smoked pot, like most teens...and like most teens played sports and had no police record of thief or breaking into homes and stealing....no street robberies or assaults or battery charges..this kid was pretty much clean in the eyes of the law... once they took the time to find all this out....
  • Seeker ... Manuel 2012/07/10 20:46:57
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    "hey just took Zimmerman's word for it...nothing was done to preserve the actual scene."

Completely untrue. They took his statements, photographed the scene, collected evidence, interviewed witnesses, and documented everything. They've released those photos and the reports as part of the discovery packet over a month ago.
  • littleb... Manuel 2012/06/12 19:29:25
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Ah there are "White" Hispanics! Hispanic is NOT a race! It is a culture that encompasses many races!
  • Manuel littleb... 2012/06/12 19:47:55
    Manuel
    White Hispanics do not carry the full features of white people and white skin...put a` white Hispanic next to a German or Irish or even a Spaniard or Italian and you could see the Hispanic type will more Latino, Mexican, Cuban, Peurto Rican... Colombian..color .all are of Hispanic in features` and color...you will never find any one of these races` even when they marry white people to be flush pink white...if we were that color...then we would not be profiled...
  • littleb... Manuel 2012/06/12 19:51:04
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    I see....so essentially you ARE profiling! Lol...Have a nice day!
  • Manuel littleb... 2012/06/12 20:01:20
    Manuel
    lol...you don't know your bio...they teach this in H.S. about race and skin color...on how the darker skin is always dominant when paired up with a lighter skin mate...but I guess you were a H.S. drop out...
    Your too immature and a racist for this kind of conversation...you have a nice day too.

2014/10/30 12:26:35