Barack Obama's Grandmother Targeted by Al Qaeda: Should She Take It Seriously?

Sarah Obama, the grandmother of President Barack Obama, has been threatened by a Somalian branch of al-Qaeda called Al Shabaab, ABC reports.

Kenyan officials have provided Obama's grandmother with extra security, though she doesn't seem to be concerned.

My life has not been affected in any way. It has not restricted my movement. If the government has decided to bring more security personnel, we are OK with it.

Other branches of al-Qaeda have reacted similarly, claiming that America would "wish for the days of Osama."

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/barack-obamas-grandm...

• EdWhiteSpace 2011/05/13 13:28:47
    EdWhiteSpace
    +13
    Sure they could attack. And I almost voted 'Yes' but couldn't click it because of the 'Don't mess with Somalian terrorists' tag included. Don't mess with them? They should be rounded up and dropped in the middle of the ocean with Osama's rotting corpse.

• MAMMY51... Joey 2011/05/14 04:30:23
    MAMMY51♥POTL~PWCM~JLA♥
    Actually that would be the SEALS that bagged Osama.
  • Joey MAMMY51... 2011/05/14 04:38:14
    Joey
    +2
    Who sent the seal to Pakistan .
  • JustThe... Joey 2011/05/14 15:05:27
    JustTheFacts
    The whole is deeper, and worse, then when Bush left office. PERIOD! As soon as you bring Bush into the equation you flat out lose the argument and look weak.

If I start digging a hole with a shovel in your back yard, you tell me you do not want a hole, ask me to stop digging, say you're going to fix the hole, and then resume digging the hole deeper after I climb out and you take over, don't bring your lame ass to my door and tell me the hole was my fault.

Unemployment claims were 424k this past week and 474k the week before that, gas prices are over $4 a gallon due to the horrible energy policy, we look incredibly weak to the rest of the world, the people of the Southern US are NOT being protected or their families, debt has sky rocketed for nothing positive gained, America is a welfare state with little growth and it's leader is a proven liar with Chicago thug mentality. Health Care will be destroyed ALL very soon if the course isn't reversed with current corrupt law. Those are FACTS!!!!

Here's an additional fact that is FAR BEYOND your intellectual capacity, but I'm going to let you in on it - obama had FAR more to do with the economic collapse before he took office then Bush did. Do a little research on FACTUAL CONTENT and then come back to chat.
  • Joey JustThe... 2011/05/14 16:03:36
    Joey
    Now you are calling my intelligence into play.. typical. And I am not looking up the points you are trying to make. State your dumb points clearly. I can not address most of the crap you posted since it is so vague.
  • JustThe... Joey 2011/05/14 17:12:41
    JustTheFacts
    Dude, common sense, we were $9 trillion in debt fighting two wars that gave people in other nations their freedom. We have majorly scaled back in Iraq since then and added $5 trillion in debt. What have we gained from it other than an excuse to raise taxes (which is what he wanted all along because of his communist background).
  • Joey JustThe... 2011/05/14 17:27:20
    Joey
    Lets think about this for a second. You are complaining about two wars. That were started by Bush. And than you claim it was just to raise taxes... when taxes have been lowed . Something that I have already proven.
  • JustThe... Joey 2011/05/14 21:26:20
    JustTheFacts
    Taxes have not been lowered to this point, they just have not been raised. oLiar has made it perfectly clear he has every intention of raising taxes more, and has instituted a health care law, through corruption and dirty tactics unseen before by any president, that will crush Americans with tax. The taxes are coming to make up for the failed stimulus and health care law. That is fact, and checkmate number 2 on you.
  • Joey JustThe... 2011/05/14 21:36:09
    Joey
    Don't say Cheapskate when you are wrong . It makes you look dumb. I know since you are white you think that you are right .. but you are wrong.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.or...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/1...

http://www.politifact.com/tru...

Now that is a checkmate.
  • JustThe... Joey 2011/05/15 12:43:21
    JustTheFacts
    Oh, bringing race into it? Figures, you have no argument, so that is what you have to stoop to.

I do not consider the NY Times a legitimate source of information, sorry. Paul Krugman? Please.....Next, you'll be telling me something as crazy as obama winning the Nobel Peace prize or something.

If the context of your links is that tax's haven't been raised then you are too short sighted to have a discussion with. Next you'll try to tell me that the Health Control Law was about health insurance and that obama actually cares that anybody else gets health insurance....what a joke.
  • Joey JustThe... 2011/05/15 16:41:16
    Joey
    Your icon brings race into it. Also just because you don't like the paper does make what they report less legitimate.
  • JustThe... Joey 2011/05/16 00:39:04
    JustTheFacts
    The fact that you would bring race into it based on my avatar is the second indication that you have just lost another aspect of the discussion.

pssst....don't tell anybody, ok, but I voted for Herman Cain when he was running for Senate here in Georgia. I'm also very likely to vote for him as president, but keep believing your false, racist lies, ok?

Checkmate number 2 on you.
  • Joey JustThe... 2011/05/16 02:50:22
    Joey
    You still have not gotten the first checkmate. I have backed up my statements you have no not . Good bye..
  • JustThe... Joey 2011/05/16 15:18:24
    JustTheFacts
    I should have given up when you didn't understand the hole digging analogy. It couldn't be better said how lame the supporters of the Liar/Racist/Fake Birth Certificate In Chief are when they do not understand such simple concepts.

Repeat the TRUTH after me....Bush is no longer president, the USA is in WORSE shape, Bush is no longer president, the USA is in WORSE shape, Bush is no longer president, the USA is in WORSE shape.

Give me 25 of those Joey, allow the factual truth to seep into your bones.....

Talk to you later.
  • Dano 2011/05/13 19:34:10
    Dano
    +5
    The proud Grandmother of the one who nearly destroyed our country.

Thanks Granny!

proud grandmother destroyed country granny
  • flexo 2011/05/13 19:22:40
    Yes!? Don't mess with Somalian terrorists.
    flexo
    +3
    maybe Obama wants her gone so she won't tell he's not an American...will he help her or not?
  • luvguins flexo 2011/05/14 12:42:10
    luvguins
    You birthers are so tiresome. You lost.
  • flexo luvguins 2011/05/14 22:54:57
    flexo
    thank you...my mom always said "if you can't say something nice then shut the fu*k up"...
  • luvguins flexo 2011/05/15 12:28:12
    luvguins
    That was my nice assessment.
  • JustThe... flexo 2011/05/16 15:22:01
    JustTheFacts
    +1
    Actually, the birth certificate he finally produced has been proven to be fraudulent, but hey, we go much bigger fish to fry - like his communist ass. Check this out:

http://mail.conservativeconta...
  • jacktown kid 2011/05/13 19:00:06
    jacktown kid
    They are dangerous
  • relic 2011/05/13 18:48:28
    relic
    +4
    Maybe her Grandson is behind it.
  • Stella Bella 2011/05/13 18:20:48
    Stella Bella
    +2
    Any time someone makes a threat against you, it should be taken seriously.
  • miamidupont 2011/05/13 18:20:06
    miamidupont
    +1
    So she is being targeted by "the database" what does that even mean?
  • Leinad 2011/05/13 18:19:39
    Leinad
    +2
    AWH...HELL YAH.......he is parading around that He FOUND osama and EXECUTED HIM.

If obama were tell the real truth that BUSH gave him the WHERE-ABOUTS of OSAMA, 2 months before he left office...THAT WOULD BE BELIEVABLE.
    Obama promised him(BUSH) , that he wouldn't drag BUSH to hard through the dirt of ENHANCED INTERROGATIONS and supposed WAR CRIMES, he would SABER RATTLES instead, but that he could use that bit of INFO, at anytime..GET OUT OF THE MUD FREE CARD.
    If BUSH kept his MOUTH SHUT about the INFO and osama WHEREABOUTS,then no REAL THREAT to tearing this country apart like I know that obama is just wanting to do.

ANYONE remember in the last days of the BUSH administration, how the MSM, DEMS and LIBS were seething at the mouth. EVERY MOVE and WORDS by BUSH, were seen as hostile and ignorant.
    Does anyone remember the constant back and forth, chasing al-qaeda and tali-ban to Pakistan border, but OUR MILITARY would not go into Pakistan, if the military did it would be a violation international sovereignty.
    The international community, plus the US anti-war movement and human rights organizations would have been in an UPROAR, so BUSH didn't go in, and GET OSAMA,( he bargained with the DEVIL and HIS MINIONS; for the health and welfare of this country, already torn up about...

>>>>

The international community, plus the US anti-war movement and human rights organizations would have been in an UPROAR, so BUSH didn't go in, and GET OSAMA,( he bargained with the DEVIL and HIS MINIONS; for the health and welfare of this country, already torn up about the wars and the economy. Bush bargained with one person or with the DEMS..especially one in particular..obama..

And the opportunist that this thug is..he took this ace in the whole......

At this time isTHIS THEORY IS ONLY Conjecture, but very plausible....BY GEORGE I THINK I GOT IT>>>>

OH OBAMA, GET YOUR GRANDMOTHER OUT OF THERE..IF YOU CARE..
    AND WE SEE HOW WELL YOU TOOK CARE OF YOUR DAD'S SISTER....
    ..
  • Idiot r... Leinad 2011/05/14 00:48:28
    Idiot repubs
    +1
    Thats quite a story you have there, all BS but quite a story.
  • Leinad Idiot r... 2011/05/14 14:57:40
    Leinad
    "At this time isTHIS THEORY IS ONLY Conjecture, but very plausible"...connotes FACTS in hand and no real way to VERIFY.....

STORY SAYS "my theory" ....story derives and is based in foundation of plausibility, but not factual, stories usually a series of POINTS that are FICTIONAL at least 50% of them, and every one of my points are FACTUAL(thusly my THEORY IS VERY PLAUSIBLE, and I would say even more likely , "given the nature of HUMAN BEHAVIOR"..

I take insult to your summation..that is a STORY..lol

BUT DO WE ACTUALLY KNOW FOR SURE..

no none of does(except those that were RIGHT THERE).....that is a FACT

Just playing with facts....as many do, and as MSM and THE POWERS AT BE DO....

JUST joking about the story thang.....

and BS.. BACHELOR of SCIENCE degree what does that have to do with anything..Hmmmmmm
  • Mike W 2011/05/13 18:16:17
    Mike W
    +3
    More serious then her grandson does, I wonder if he'll let them waterboard people coming after his grandma ?
  • Keen Tojones 2011/05/13 18:01:39
    Keen Tojones
    They better leave that woman alone. They're asking for the kind of war that could wipe out their geneology.
  • carole Keen To... 2011/05/14 00:52:24
    carole
    ARE YOU KIDDING ?? HER DEATH WOULD ONLY MEAN SHE IS NOT HERE TO TESTIFY HER GRANDSON WAS BORN IN KENYA- IT WOULD RELIVE OBUMMER. NOT GRIEVE HIM
  • luvguins carole 2011/05/14 12:43:54
    luvguins
    You birthers are so tiresome. You lost.
  • Keen To... carole 2011/05/16 17:57:28
    Keen Tojones
    I've heard it all now. How is it that people like you are not in mental hospitals?
  • Tuna 2011/05/13 17:57:55
    Tuna
    +4
    As much as I loathe what Obama has done to the USA, this should not go unpunished; that little group of Somali diaper heads needs to be taught a lesson. we have a couple of militias in Texas that will take them out. group somali diaper heads taught lesson couple militias texas texas militia
  • chief 00 2011/05/13 17:50:30
    chief 00
    +1
    Al Qaeda are crazy people.
  • bob 2011/05/13 17:45:07
    bob
    +2
    If Al Qaeda is so wanting that they are going after grandmothers, they are truely done for.
  • chief 00 bob 2011/05/13 17:51:13
    chief 00
    +2
    They are that wanting.
  • Paxfa Mscipio 2011/05/13 17:26:04
    Paxfa Mscipio
    +6
    By reading some of the comments from the Obama haters here, I can see you've now reduced yourselves by talking about his grandmother now. Anyway I hope nothing will happen to her even though she isn't worried much about the situation.
  • Justin.Long 2011/05/13 17:25:55
    Justin.Long
    +2
    but as a precaution I say bring her to the states maybe we can get her on 60 minutes or hannity and see what shes got to say bout Obama lol
  • logan48227 2011/05/13 17:23:50
    logan48227
    +3
    If they were really going to attack her, then there wouldn't have been any warning.
  • jeane logan48227 2011/05/13 17:29:52
    jeane
    Not necessarily true.
  • miamidu... logan48227 2011/05/13 18:27:48
    miamidupont
    maybe the warning is the attack, i mean she's so old, a simple startle would tip her over.

2014/10/30 13:54:39