Barack Obama's Grandmother Targeted by Al Qaeda: Should She Take It Seriously?

Sarah Obama, the grandmother of President Barack Obama, has been threatened by a Somalian branch of al-Qaeda called Al Shabaab, ABC reports.

Kenyan officials have provided Obama's grandmother with extra security, though she doesn't seem to be concerned.

My life has not been affected in any way. It has not restricted my movement. If the government has decided to bring more security personnel, we are OK with it.

Other branches of al-Qaeda have reacted similarly, claiming that America would "wish for the days of Osama."

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/barack-obamas-grandm...

• EdWhiteSpace 2011/05/13 13:28:47
    EdWhiteSpace
    +13
    Sure they could attack. And I almost voted 'Yes' but couldn't click it because of the 'Don't mess with Somalian terrorists' tag included. Don't mess with them? They should be rounded up and dropped in the middle of the ocean with Osama's rotting corpse.

• CaliGurl carole 2011/05/14 05:45:18
    CaliGurl
    +2
    You haven't been listening, he has given SO much credit to the military, Navy Seals, and the CIA. You're terribly misinformed. Remember when Bush took credit for the Iraq War being over and said "Mission Accomplished"? Now THAT was ridiculous... as we know, that war is still being fought.
  • Romanknite carole 2011/05/14 09:14:33
    Romanknite
    +1
    You people kill me, your boy George said he wanted him dead or alive. America wanted him dead or alive. If it was Palin or cowboy bush or any other republican,or much as I'd hate to say, if it was anybody white who shot and killed OBL you would never call it cold blood. And you would want their family protected if threaten by it. Sometimes it's hard to think this is not racial.
  • ptete i... Romanknite 2011/05/14 18:14:44
    ptete in left I trust ~ POTC**FUKU2**
    that is because it IS!
  • Romanknite ptete i... 2011/05/14 21:15:07
    Romanknite
    +1
    I was hoping it wasn't, but I know it is....Thank you
  • ptete i... Romanknite 2011/05/15 15:25:13
    ptete in left I trust ~ POTC**FUKU2**
    Racial plus sour grapes. They are just so transparent.
  • sokoyah 2011/05/14 00:33:55
    Yes!? Don't mess with Somalian terrorists.
    sokoyah
    +2
    I doubt that he loves her so she won't be much of a sacrifice.
  • rereblue 2011/05/14 00:31:07
    rereblue
    +1
    she should be ok. but seriously we need to watch out for our nation, they are pissed off at us, and well... they are bound to strike :/
  • carole rereblue 2011/05/14 00:43:39
    carole
    +2
    LT COL. OLIVER NORTH SAID OBUMMER JUST CAUSED OUR NATION GREAT HARM AND HE SHOULD KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT, BUT HE KEEPS BRAGGING TO INFLATE HIS LOW SELF ESTEEM. WHAT IS HE TRYING TO PROVE, AFTER HE MADE A FOOL OF HIMSELF BY LYING TO US AGAIN SAYING THE BORDER FENCE IS ALMOST COMPLETED. WHAT? HAD THE NERVE TO TELL US THAT WE ARE SECURE NOW, AS PEOPLE ARE BEING KILLED EVERY DAY, BUT HE IS NOT TALKING TO ME, AS I SEE THRU HIM .BUT HE IS TALKING TO THE IDIOTS OUT THERE THAT SUPPORT HIM. WHOA IS OUR NATION WE MUST EDUCATE THOSE PEOPLE TO MAKE GOOD CHOICES, NOT TO LIKE HIM BECAUSE, THEY SAY HE IS ONE OF OURS, OR HE IS CUTE, RACE DOES NOT ENTER INTO THIS, WE NEED A PRESIDENT WHO IS STRONG AND LOVES OUR NATION, NOT MAKE EXCUSES FOR IT. - THE MAN HAS NO MORALS, AND WILL SAY ANYTHING CAUSE HE LIKES TO HEAR HIMSELF TALK. COME ELECTION DAY, HE IS IN FOR A SURPRISE AS EVEN THE LATINO'S ARE BACKING AWAY FROM HIM BECAUSE THEY ARE A LOT SMARTER THAN THE REST WHO STILL ADORE HIM.
  • Resp carole 2011/05/14 01:28:55
    Resp
    +1
    He likes to hear himself talk?? Did you read your incredibly long remark typed in all capital letters?
  • Colbert Resp 2011/05/14 02:41:59
  • bad x Resp 2011/05/14 04:18:40
    bad x
    obama lives in caps lock, you have a problem with that? I I ME ME I I... take the cotton out of your mouth, makes you look fat!
  • carole Resp 2011/05/14 15:30:36
    carole
    IT GOT YOUR ATTENTION DIDN'T IT- THAT IS WHAT I WANT THANK YOU
  • rereblue carole 2011/05/14 02:30:08
    rereblue
    -_- well for one your point is not stronger because your using caplock. -_- seriously.

of course its a big risk killing off a huge enemies with loads of followers, any president would probably say "oh dont worry we are safe," probably because so many people are happy and secondly because no one wants havoc to break out. When has the government ever really gave us all the facts. -_- its a thing about media, there is a lot of rumor that goes into it.

im sure he loves America, why would someone take a job dedicated souly to making decisions for a nation he doesnt love -_-

i say donald trump needs some morals. attacks to get attention -_- pathetic really.

and i know youll probably respond, using more caps, but unless you have a good point that isnt just a lot of rant, then i bid you good-bye.
  • bad x rereblue 2011/05/14 04:24:23
  • rereblue bad x 2011/05/14 04:54:29
    rereblue
    so did bush XD
  • bad x rereblue 2011/05/14 05:04:41
    bad x
    +1
    bush didn't kill osama, then tell the world hours later, the neon "stupid" patch on your sleeve is blinding me...
  • rereblue bad x 2011/05/15 07:25:28
    rereblue
    -_- he doesnt need to kill osama to be stupid. he did that without doing much of anything.
  • carole rereblue 2011/05/14 15:34:25
    carole
    IT IS AMAZONING TO ME THAT YOU WOULD MENTION THE CAPS-- WHAT DOES THAT MATTER TO YOU??? ITS EASIER FOR ME TO READ AND I THINK MORE PEOPLE HAVE TO OPEN THEIR EYES. IT ATTRACTED YOU DIDN' IT??? BUT THE MAIN THING IS WE BOTH SAGREE ON SOMETHING THANK YOU
  • Colbert carole 2011/05/14 02:40:21
  • hooda Colbert 2011/05/14 03:07:33
    hooda
    Geez, is that aqll you do is google freakin' pictures? Enough already. They're really not that cute.
  • Colbert hooda 2011/05/14 05:43:27
    Colbert
    OKAY, I WILL TALK TO YOU LIKE YOU ENJOY HEARING PEOPLE YELL ONLINE, BECAUSE YOUR BUDDY ABOVE US SPOKE LIKE THIS WITH YOU SAYING NOTHING ABOUT IT. HI, HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY? I'M GOOD, THANKS! I THINK I WILL TALK IN CAPS LOCK FROM NOW ON AND WHAT AM I DOING USING PUNCTUATION I WILL STOP DOING THAT AS WELL AND WHAT ARE PARAGRAPHS WHO KNOW BUT I CAN TELL YOU THINK IDIOTS SPEAK IN CAPS LOCK AND A PICTURE SPEAKS A THOUSAND WORDS SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO TYPE THEM ALL.
  • hooda Colbert 2011/05/14 06:46:23
    hooda
    Serious? Just because someone made up an idea one that cap locks is yelling, you really think I can hear you yelling and it is bothering me? Wow!
    Your are freakin' bizarre........p.s. I was whispering, could you tell?
  • Colbert hooda 2011/05/14 06:51:01
    Colbert
    NO I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK I AM YELLING OR NOT I JUST WANT TO TALK TO YOU LIKE YOUR FRIENDS DO SINCE YOU ENJOY THAT SO MUCH MORE THAN BEING ENTERTAINED BY A FEW COMICAL YET BLATANTLY CALLED FOR PICTURES WHICH DO A WONDEROUS JOB OF POINTING OUT THE STUPIDITY OF TALKING IN ALL CAPS LOCK IN AN ONLINE CONVERSATION WHILE NOT STOPPING FOR PARAGRAPHS OR ANYTHING STUPID LIKE PERIODS OR PUNCTUATION MARKS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER BUT IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT TOO THEN BE CONSISTENT AND POINT IT OUT ABOUT EVERYONE THAT DOES IT AND STOP BEING BIASED IN YOUR ACCUSATIONS WHILE PRETENDING YOURE PLAYING FAIR BUT I DONT CARE IF YOU TAKE MY WORD FOR IT BECAUSE I DONT GIVE TWO SHEETZ WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TO SAY OR POST OR ANYTHING BECAUSE YOURE WORTHLESS TO ME AND I'M SURE 6 BILLION OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET EARTH.
  • Colbert hooda 2011/05/14 06:51:56
    Colbert
    "Your are freakin' bizarre"

LOL
  • hooda Colbert 2011/05/14 07:02:28
    hooda
    Really? This is worth your time. You wrote that many words about this subject.
    You either have no life and don't want one, or desperately need to back away from the computer and go find one.
    I'm starting to be concerned about myself for even entertaining you to the degree I have. I hope whatever you have is not catching.
  • Colbert hooda 2011/05/14 07:17:27
    Colbert
    Speaking of degrees, only one of us has one, guess which one?
  • hooda hooda 2011/05/14 15:06:59
    hooda
    You have got to be kidding me. YOU BLOCKED ME?????
    WHAT A PUSS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • carole Colbert 2011/05/14 15:43:57
    carole
    AFTER READING YOUR BU$HIT BIO -IT ADDS UP-WHEN ONE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN GOD, THEY DO WHAT YOU DO, AS YOU SAID, IF SOMEONE CUTS YOU OFF WHEN DRIVING, YOU HAVE TO SHOW THEM, AND CUT THEM OFF. WHAT A TRUE JERK TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT.- HOW DO YOU KNOW IF THE PERSON WHO CUT YOU OFF WAS A MISTAKE AND YOU HAD TO SHOW THEM BY YOUR AGRESSION TO DO THE SAME- YOU COULD HAVE CAUSED A SERIOUS ACCIDENT. BUT ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS TO PROVE YOUR STUPIDITY. YOU CALL MAN HOOD.YOU ARE A SICK PERSON WHO NEEDS TO BE WATCHED CAREFULLY AT ALL TIMES. I WOULD NOT TRUST YOU OR YOUR JUDGEMENTS AS YOU REACT VERY IRRATIONALLY.
  • Colbert carole 2011/05/14 18:35:10
    Colbert
    YOU CLAIM TO KNOW MY BELIEFS NOW, CAROL? HOW ABOUT YOU'RE THE DEVIL WORSHIPPING ATHIEST WHO HAS NO CARE FOR HUMANITY AND JUDGES OTHERS PRIOR TO BEING JUDGED, SO I THINK THOU DOST PROTEST TOO MUCH AND THAT YOU ARE IN DIRE NEED OF BEING EDUCATED BY THE PEOPLE YOU CLAIM TO BE. YOU ARE NO GOD-FEARING GOOD-LOVING PERSON, YOU'RE AN EVIL INCARNATION OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF, AND I HAVE NO NEED TO LISTEN TO A DEVIL WORSHIPPER TELL ME WHAT TO DO YOU WORRY ABOUT THE SPECK OF DUST IN YOUR BROTHER'S EYE WHILE IGNORING THE PLANK IN YOUR OWN.
  • Markie 2011/05/14 00:23:52
    Markie
    In the jungle of life these guys are nats!
  • Resp Markie 2011/05/14 01:29:36
    Resp
    +1
    Nats?? Nats?? Or "gnats"?
  • Markie Resp 2011/05/14 01:41:47
    Markie
    Once again I stand corrected, thank you
  • carole Resp 2011/05/14 15:46:39
    carole
    WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THE SPELLING MEAN- AT LEAST YOU UNDERSTOOD. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS BE SO CYNICAL AND MAKE CORRECTIONS- THAT TAKES A LOT OF ENERGY- WHY NOT TAKE THIS ENERGY AND PUT IT TO GOOD USE-
  • melly~thwarting Satan since... 2011/05/14 00:17:54
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +5
    Extremists and terrorists are frightening. This is a no brainer. She's in danger.
  • Sexuallobster 2011/05/14 00:17:12
    Sexuallobster
    even if they tried, it would be just that a try. Especially after threats.
  • ptete in left I trust ~ POT... 2011/05/14 00:04:08
    ptete in left I trust ~ POTC**FUKU2**
    +6
    I think he should. What would happen if they kidnapped her and tried to hold her for ransom?
  • Time Tr... ptete i... 2011/05/14 00:11:08
    Time Traveler
    ...because kidnapping relatives of the President is an easy job that anyone can do, especially after threats, right?
  • ptete i... Time Tr... 2011/05/14 00:14:55
    ptete in left I trust ~ POTC**FUKU2**
    +5
    when they live in Somalia
  • Randy 2011/05/13 23:57:24
    Randy
    +3
    She should be upset that Barack is her grandson.
  • EMK1970 2011/05/13 23:56:58
    EMK1970
    +3
    GET THAT WOMAN A SECRET SERVICE DETAIL A.S.A.P. AND BRING HER TO THE UNITED STATES!

2014/10/25 21:13:45