Barack Obama, the consummate Con Man

Ken 2012/08/08 02:30:45
Barack Obama --
Consummate Con-Man

"I learned to slip back and forth between my black and white worlds. . . One of those tricks I had learned: People were
satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden
moves. They were more than satisfied; they were relieved -- such a
pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't
seem angry all the time."
---
Barack Obama, "Dreams From My Father"

By his own admission then, Barack Obama learned to be a con-artist at an early age, as he learned the "trick" of fooling people by simply being courteous and smiling!

You have to ask yourself, why did Obama consider this to be a 'trick'? Isn't that what any well-manner young person, black or white, male or female, would do? What is it that Barry was hiding with this "trick?"

Could it have been a disdain for everything about American culture and a distrust of all whites (recall that he has even derisively referred to the white grandparents who raised him, loved and nurtured him as "white folks") that he was hiding?

Certainly he was heavily-ingrained with that disdain and distrust at the knee of his Communist (the capital "C" is appropriate in this instance) "mentor," "Frank", who is mentioned 27 times in his first autobiography. Frank Marshall Davis's advice to a young Barack Obama as he was leaving for college:

"
Finally he asked me what I expected to get out of college. I told him that I didn’t know. He shook his big, hoary head. "Well," he said, "that's the problem isn't it? You don't know. You're just like the rest of those youg cats out here. All you know is that college is the next thing you are supposed to do. And the people who are young enough to know better, who fought all those years for your right to go to college -- they're just so happy to see you in there that they won't tell you the truth. The real price of admission."

"And what's that?"

"Leaving your race at the door," he said. "Leaving people behind." He studied me over the top of his reading glasses. "You're not going to college to get educated. You're gong there to get trained. They'll train you to want [what] you don't need. They'll train you to manipulate words so they don't mean anything anymore. They'll train you so good, you'll start believing what they tell you about equal opportunity and the American way and all that shit. They'll give you a corner office and invite you to fancy dinners, and tell you that you're a credit to your race. Until you want to actually start running things, and then they'll yank on your chain and let you know that you may be a well-trained, well-paid nigger, but you're a nigger just the same." Dreams From My Father, p. 97.

Obama's inculcation with anti-American, anti-white attitudes didn't end with his Communist mentor - that was only the beginning. Remember, he also tells us in "Dreams" that at college he chose his friends carefully, choosing radical friends and professors. Nonetheless, the major source of Obama's ability to deceive, dissemble and obfuscate was still to come, with what he calls "the best education" he ever had -- his training in Saul Alinsky's techniques as a "community agitator." (I know, he says he was a community organizer, but Saul Alinsky himself, when asked what a community organizer does, described them as "community agitators.")

One of the things Alinsky taught was to not scare the citizenry with your radical ideas! As the organizer/agitator you had to get them to follow you, and they weren't necessarily ready for Alinsky's(and Obama's) radical ideas. Another of Alinsky's teachings was that "the ends justify the means," meaning that lying and cheating are just fine if you win in the end.

We see all of these "qualities" on display daily with Barrack Obama. He dissembles and deceives with the best (or worst, depending on your view). In nearly every speech he sets up a "straw man," beginning invariably with "They want to. . ." followed by some outlandish interpretation of his opponents' aims which he easily knocks down, as no sane person ever would, or has, made such a proposal.

With his skills as the consummate con artist, Barack Obama wheedled his way into the Oval Office, but once there his con artist skills offer nothing in the way of leadership or ideas or actions which will improve the lot of this nation in any way. He simply continues in his attempts to con the American people, but the facts, and his failures, are catching up with him.

• mikeeonly 2012/08/10 06:00:40
  • Ken mikeeonly 2012/08/10 16:36:28
    +1
    Its about color because this president and his attorney general have made it that way.
  • Al C. 2012/08/08 11:38:52 (edited)
    Al C.
    +2
    He conned us alright and the way things are going he might do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/08/08 04:14:31
  • jeane 2012/08/08 04:06:29
    jeane
    +2
    Cons are great salespeople!
  • Ken jeane 2012/08/08 15:26:11
    +1
    Very true, they use their charm to fool people.

The question I've always asked myself about Barack Obama is why did he feel it necessary to "trick" people into accepting him by smiling and being courteous? He was brought up in Indonesia and Hawaii, two locales with multi-racial populations. If anyone in Hawaii faced discrimination in the 60s and 70s, it was the "haoles", the local white people. "Haole" was actually a term of contempt that Hawaiians applied to foreigners.
  • jeane Ken 2012/08/08 15:33:37 (edited)
    jeane
    +1
    Whites "owe us" remember?
  • Ken jeane 2012/08/08 15:50:39
    +1
    I do remember, and at one time that may have been true. However the billions (trillions?) that have been spent since LBJ's "Great Society" have done nothing to improve the lot of the black community. So long as its "leaders" are men like Sharpton and Jackson instead of Sowell, Williams and Cosby, so long as excuses are given for bad behavior and performance instead of accountability, the troubles will only get worse. Why is it that truly great black people, persons of great accomplishment, like Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Allen West, Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell, aren't held up as heroes to emulate?
  • jeane Ken 2012/08/08 15:54:52
    jeane
    +1
    Everybody wants something for nothing! GIMME.......
  • Ken jeane 2012/08/08 17:02:58
    +1
    I do believe in giving a "hand up," not a "hand out." Before the Republican congress and Clinton enacted the Welfare Reform Act in the 90s, welfare had worked to keep its recipients in Hayek's "serfdom," , and I'm not talking about just black women and children. Generations of women, white and black, were living together, no men in sight, having babies and collecting more and more AFDC. Welfare reform was ending that, with welfare costs being cut in half and people (e.g Star Parker) getting themselves off welfare and supporting themselves. Now the Obama administration is rewriting the definitions of "work" so that little effort is required to remain on welfare, and undoing all of the good done in a bipartisan effort.
  • jeane Ken 2012/08/08 17:11:25
    jeane
    +1
    I saw it first hand Ken.
  • Ken jeane 2012/08/08 17:17:57
    +1
    And look how wonderful you are today! (Not kidding, either.)
  • jeane Ken 2012/08/08 17:22:00
    jeane
    +1
    I have been ridiculed a lot by other blacks. I sent my children to private Christians school and took a lot of "heat" for it. Fortunately I had the fortitude to follow what I knew to be the right path.
  • Ken jeane 2012/08/08 18:04:34
    +1
    I can sincerely say that I am proud to know you, even though it's only through the internet. I am thoroughly convinced that you are a wonderful lady, your sons bear that fact out.
  • jeane Ken 2012/08/08 18:18:27 (edited)
    jeane
    +1
    Thank you so much Ken. I am learning of lot from you. Keep up the good work MY DEAR INTERNET FRIEND!

2014/09/20 22:08:43