Atheists reaching a new LOW!

SK-pro impeachment 2012/07/11 22:38:20
It doesn't get lower than that
Just wait they'll find something else to cry about and go lower
OTHER
crybaby

Atheist Files Suit Over Restaurant’s Discount For Church Goers

posted on July 11, 2012 by

I’ve been to many restaurants in my years that gave discounts to senior citizens and some to active military, but I was never able to qualify for them at the time because I was too young or no longer in the service. I didn’t file a lawsuit claiming the restaurant owner was discriminating against me.

But that is exactly what a Pennsylvania man is doing. Prudhomme Lost Cajun Kitchen in Columbia, Pennsylvania has been offering a 10% discount on Sundays to anyone who brings in that day’s bulletin from their church. They started this discount a little more than a year ago, but have offered various other discounts over the years to help generate business, but no one has ever complained about not being able to take advantage of them until now.

John Wolff, an atheist, believes that is an unfair and discriminatory practice because he does not attend a church so is not eligible to receive the discount. Consequently, he has filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission who is now forced to investigate the restaurant and its owners.

In an interview with the media, Wolff stated:

“In this area in particular, we seem to have so many self-righteous religious people, so it just annoys me.”

Independent Law Center Chief Counsel Randall Wenger is representing the restaurant’s owners before the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and commented about the lawsuit saying:

“I think we’re so incensed at this point that God … religion and particularly Christianity [are] being treated as something toxic and poisonous and undeserving to be in the closet. It’s one thing when government does it — that’s bad enough. But now, for government to be forcing, or trying to force, a private restaurant owner to treat religion as something toxic, I think just has a lot of people upset.”

“The agency should have looked at this thing and just thrown it out from the get-go because they’re not supposed to investigate claims that are frivolous. Here you’ve got somebody who’s basically just saying hey — church attendance is a good thing, and anybody who brings in a church bulletin, we’re going to give a ten-percent discount on Sundays.”

Think about it, many businesses give discounts if you purchase their products over the Internet, but not everyone has the Internet, so are those without online access being discriminated against? What about the coupons in the Sunday newspaper? People who don’t get the newspaper don’t get the coupons so they can’t take advantage of the discounts either.

How many places have held special promotions where you show up in your pajamas or some costume and you receive a discount? Better yet, professional sporting events who give out a promotion to everyone under a certain age and your son fails to qualify by a month?

The object of discounts and promotions is to bring people to your business. Many businesses can’t afford to give the same discount to everyone because their profit margin in today’s economy is so narrow. They rely on others paying regular price to help keep them afloat while giving discounts to others. Hopefully, those using the discounts will like your products or food enough to and want to come back again and again and help you build your business.

Life isn’t fair to everyone and we have to stop giving in to all those that want it that way. If I were the judge, I would not be able to stop laughing at the ridiculousness of this complaint as I would tell Mr. Wolff to get a life and quit being a cry baby.

Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/6099/atheist-files-suit-over-res...

• TheCouchF*cker 2012/07/12 01:43:18
    OTHER
    TheCouchF*cker
    +7
    Speaking as an atheist, I would laugh in the face of the man who filed this lawsuit because "freedom of religion" only applies to government. When it's a privately-owned business, it's a property and freedom of association issue. They own the restaurant. They can do that.

If you don't approve of it, then don't eat there. Patronize another restaurant. His lack of a religion has nothing to do with it. He's just a cry-baby.

• Sailor Jerry [Proud Liberta... 2013/04/04 01:59:09 (edited)
    OTHER
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    this is when i'm happy to be a LaVeyan Satanist. i don't take sides, i just like to watch the idiots fight.
  • SK-pro ... Sailor ... 2013/04/04 03:32:03
    SK-pro impeachment
    And you're the bigger problem.
  • Sailor ... SK-pro ... 2013/04/04 04:39:51
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    and why is that? i do nothing to get in the way of your business, and don't intend to. it seems rather silly to say i'm the bigger problem when i have done nothing to warrant it.
  • SK-pro ... Sailor ... 2013/04/04 05:28:22
    SK-pro impeachment
    Taking no sides is taking the side of evil...oh wait, i see your religion...that explains everything.
  • bgf97 2012/07/30 22:19:34
    OTHER
    bgf97
    As an atheist, I wholeheartedly disagree with this person's decision. You may not agree with what a business does, but you can't sue them over it.
  • Hippygirl 2012/07/15 17:23:54
    OTHER
    Hippygirl
    +1
    Why would you be stupid enough to judge all atheist because of one guy?
  • SK-pro ... Hippygirl 2012/07/15 18:15:44
    SK-pro impeachment
    I didn't. that seems to be your all's battle cry. WAAAA! By your own false accusation you prove up all atheists are the same. THank you so very much.
  • Hippygirl SK-pro ... 2012/07/15 20:58:10
    Hippygirl
    +1
    The title of your post is Atheists reaching a new low. Not atheist reaching new low. The S at the end makes it plural not singular. If that is a spelling mistake then I might be wrong and if that is the case I apologize. However I'm pretty smart and with your 2nd to last sentence in your response to me I'm going to say I was probably right all along.
  • SK-pro ... Hippygirl 2012/07/16 03:14:26
    SK-pro impeachment
    You proved my point again. thanks.
  • Hippygirl SK-pro ... 2012/07/16 03:58:08 (edited)
    Hippygirl
    +1
    The only thing we have established is that you really are stupid enough to believe all atheist are the same. Good thing for me not all people who believe in god are as ignorant as you. Peace love and happiness to you small minded one.
  • SK-pro ... Hippygirl 2012/07/16 04:24:29
    SK-pro impeachment
    Aah, now resorting to name calling. typical atheist. keep up the the good work, you represent the intolerant hatemongers well.
  • Hippygirl SK-pro ... 2012/07/16 10:56:10 (edited)
    Hippygirl
    Saying you are being stupid for believing an untruth is not name calling. Just so you know in case you where to blinded by your stupidity I don't. think the guy should have sued the restaurant its a private business and they have the right to discount whomever they want. And if he didn't like it he should have gone else where. But I guess I'm just a intolerant hatemonger so what do I know............EDIT he blocked me I guess he has a little penis to go along with his little brain.
  • SK-pro ... Hippygirl 2012/07/16 14:16:24
    SK-pro impeachment
    good bye.
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/13 17:49:38
    It doesn't get lower than that
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +1
    It's a private business. What part of that don't they get? I give huge discounts to fixed income elderly and single mothers.

Try and sue me over that!
  • beach bum 2012/07/13 12:20:18
    It doesn't get lower than that
    beach bum
    +1
    agreed
  • thisismyblackparade 2012/07/13 06:54:58
    OTHER
    thisismyblackparade
    thats a very bigoted discount, and the suit was well deserved
  • SK-pro ... thisism... 2012/07/13 13:14:43
    SK-pro impeachment
    it's a private business. they can do as they wish. Last i checked it's free country and the first amendment is still applicable. you are the ignorant bigot.
  • Not what you think 2012/07/12 18:53:34
  • SK-pro ... Not wha... 2012/07/12 19:29:41
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1
    Christians in America do not go around suing here. You are wrong.
  • Not wha... SK-pro ... 2012/07/12 19:47:01 (edited)
  • SK-pro ... Not wha... 2012/07/12 20:15:42
    SK-pro impeachment
    Is he a Christian. Doesn't appear so. You failed in a very epic way. What True Christian would sue God?!?!?! Your point is as frivolous as his lawsuit suing God. You see we have a lot of blind folk in America that think they are Christians for one odd, unbibical reason or another but are not Christians according to God's Word and Teachings.
    stooge face palm
  • Not wha... SK-pro ... 2012/07/12 20:54:27
  • SK-pro ... Not wha... 2012/07/12 23:32:40
    SK-pro impeachment
    You haven't proven that that senator is a Christian. You failed again.
  • frank 2012/07/12 17:40:21
    frank
    +2
    I have NO respect for any group that tries to take away the rights of others. Somebody give them a crying towel, they are acting like babies.
  • rightside 2012/07/12 15:58:13
    rightside
    +3
    Sad that they say they just want to fit in, like the homosexuals, but they then try to make God Illegal.
    They have declared war on us and its about time we stood up and pushed back.
  • SK-pro ... rightside 2012/07/12 15:59:42
  • Bevos 2012/07/12 14:13:09 (edited)
    It doesn't get lower than that
    Bevos
    +4
    So he can go somewhere else to eat. He probably doesn't normally go to that restaurant anyway. Probably just heard from someone that he could get a discount if he attended a church. So decided to fight it.
    There are so many other things, that are WORTHWHILE to fight for, we sure don't need to be cluttering up our courts with this garbage.
  • maggiemay 2012/07/12 13:55:35
    maggiemay
    +4
    They don't want us "shoving" religion down their throats, but have no problem "shoving" their non-belief down ours.
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/07/12 12:36:32
    It doesn't get lower than that
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Sheer stupidity! The state should counter-sue him to re-coup all costs involved in his frivolous suit, teach others to think before they play stupid legal games!
  • SK-pro ... The Bir... 2012/07/12 15:46:41
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    good idea!
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/07/12 07:25:46
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +5
    I can't imagine what he is going to say when he stands before his maker.
  • SK-pro ... gldynmd... 2012/07/12 15:47:49
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    It will be too late by then to say anything at all once He opens that book.
  • Soundstorm 2012/07/12 06:34:12
    Soundstorm
    +2
    I haven't seen the inside of a Lutheran Church since childhood. I wonder if they'll still validate my parking.
    So tough nuts if you don't think sparing an hour on Sunday morning just to darken the threshold of a house of worship should qualify for a cheesy discount for brunch. Just go to the Chum Bucket across the street and give them your business instead. That's how the market works. Gumming up the legal system with a lawsuit is just malicious.
  • rightside Soundstorm 2012/07/12 16:19:07
    rightside
    +2
    That would be great, but atheist and homosexuals want Christians to accept them, or else.
    If I am a business owner, such as a photographer or a bed and breakfast, and I don't want to cater to homosexuals, they will sue to force you or shut you down. There is no "live and let live" in their vocabulary.
  • Katherine 2012/07/12 06:01:45
    Katherine
    +3
    Yet another attack from the anti-Christian bigots.
  • TheCouchF*cker 2012/07/12 01:43:18
    OTHER
    TheCouchF*cker
    +7

• SK-pro ... TheCouc... 2012/07/12 01:45:31
    SK-pro impeachment
    +3
    Thanks for your comment.
  • Bevos TheCouc... 2012/07/12 14:18:52
    Bevos
    I am not an atheist, but I do agree with you on this!
  • rightside TheCouc... 2012/07/12 16:19:42
    rightside
    Good words,
  • Hippygirl TheCouc... 2012/07/16 04:17:59
    Hippygirl
    As another atheist I agree. If you don't like a business don't be there customer. I'm sure it was not the only restaurant in town.

2014/10/20 18:04:45