As a woman and as a "Clinton," can Hillary get the respect of the world?

Politics 2008/03/24 21:25:55
Hillary Clinton is certainly a formidable woman, with quite a history. She stayed with Bill through his "cigar" infidelities with an intern, so perhaps this also lays a "stain" on her. What do you think?

• junebug 2008/03/26 06:41:30
    junebug
    +17
    I believe Clinton would do more good for this country and be able to accomplish more than any of her opponents. She should be admired for sticking with Bill and she must have loved him very much to do so.

• free mi... mr.jazz 2008/03/28 05:55:36
    free minded voter
    no but I'm not a running for President and I have not attacked others on their morals and judgement. If his campaign claims Hillary can't make a slip and drills her for it he must hold to the same standard too.
  • toni 2008/03/27 03:55:25
  • JRenee~... toni 2008/03/27 15:43:29
  • JRenee~... JRenee~... 2008/03/27 15:46:26
  • free mi... JRenee~... 2008/03/28 05:59:40
    free minded voter
    He knows and admitted that she played an important role but still harps on it? Why, could it be that it would hurt him now that his judgement is suspect? Who is it now that will do or say anything to win even if it hurts his party and the country as a whole?
  • manno 2008/03/27 03:49:16
    manno
    +3
    The greatest potential president of all time.
  • Boilermc manno 2008/03/27 11:42:39
    Boilermc
    +1
    Please replace your Clinton Kool-Aid with a dose of reality.
  • wedw3 manno 2008/03/27 21:00:43 (edited)
    wedw3
    +1
    Oh my, that means she would be better than Washington, Adams, Madison, Lincoln and FDR. Whoa, what a thought. Wait I might have missed something. Did you mean South America? Yea, I agree with that.
  • Maggy 2008/03/27 03:41:45 (edited)
    Maggy
    +1
    Hillary is consumed with Conceit, Self and Power. This women has nothing to offer the Country if she is President except regret from any person who would have the stupidity to vote for this woman and bring back the Clintons. What are you smoking? The only reason the Clinton's want back in the White House is to steal the stuff she they had to leave behind when the Clintons moved out the last time. They stole anything that was not nailed down as though it all belong to them, personally. Do we want to vote these Thieves in again? If you do, please see a Shrink and get a brain adjustment.

Barrock is no better. He will lead this world into mass destruction because he is not a Christian as he would like you to believe. He is a Muslim and will cater to Iran and all the Muslim Countries. Wake up People, right now there is no Democrat that will give a dam what happens to you and your family. Their only motivation is Personal Gain, Prestige and MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • reddynamo Maggy 2008/03/27 05:45:04
    reddynamo
    +1
    You don't know what you are talking about. Click on the link below for the truth about Obama's religion. He is not and never has been a Muslim. That is a total lie:

http://www.snopes.com/politic...
  • Anouser reddynamo 2008/03/27 09:36:25
    Anouser
    +2
    The real reason is because he's black for many voters. People just say religion and his inexperience as an excuse.
  • givemeabreak 2008/03/27 03:40:35
    givemeabreak
    +2
    As a woman, no problem. Two words, Margaret Thatcher. The rest of the world is already comfortable with women leaders. We are still playing catch up. As a Clinton, but of course. After all it could be worse, her last name could be Bush.
  • Boilermc givemea... 2008/03/27 11:44:08
    Boilermc
    +1
    In my book, Clinton is just as bad as Bush. I have no problem voting for a woman president, however, I want one I can trust. HELLary isn't it!
  • givemea... Boilermc 2008/03/27 12:53:16
    givemeabreak
    A politician you can trust, huh? If you ever find one let me know.
  • Derek Boilermc 2008/03/27 15:38:39
    Derek
    first off in the begging i didn't like Clinton cause he was a democrat and my whole family was republicans after bush went in i opened my eyes to REALITY so he got oral sex from Monica BIG deal ANY straight guy that got offered oral sex from a woman they were attracted too would take that offer then lie about it to keep there wife from finding out i think it's pretty shitty that people judge HIM for doing it JUST because he was a president and to say he's as bad as Bush is about the dumbest thing i've ever heard CLINTON brought the national debt DOWN Bush ran it up THEN turned around and tripled it personally i think Hillary (with Bills help) can bring the national debt back down not to where it was cause as high as Bush has it she'd have to be president for 25 years before she could bring it back down to where we was to begin with and no president in history was allowed to serve more than 8 years as president and a trustworthy politician? there's no such thing so if you want a trust worthy politician in office then you might as well NOT vote cause your not gonna find 1 trust worthy
  • mr.jazz Derek 2008/03/27 16:09:57 (edited)
    mr.jazz
    your right any man who could get his pipe stroked wouldn't turn it down, so what's the big fuss over sex, everything in life has sex, that as normal as cherry pie, but we americans are so perfect we don't do stuff like that, hey John kennedy had then sneaking in the back door, so when did it become such a moral thing to get it on the side, I believe someones private life is nobodies business but there own, no body is without sin and we ain't god, so vote for whom ever you want but be smart and don't listen to the spin doctors they get paid to create chaos.
  • mr.jazz Boilermc 2008/03/27 15:58:43
    mr.jazz
    can you trust yourself !!! but I'm quite sure you trusted G.W.Bush, and you'll vote for Mccain to, Idiot, is it because she a woman and it against your grain to have a woman in charge, that's it she a woman, and a woman's place is under you, got your number
  • free minded voter 2008/03/27 03:38:08
    free minded voter
    +3
    I know the answer you are looking for but you will not get it from me. You start out asking one question can she get respect then bring up the "stain". I guess you have trouble distinguishing between her husband and her. I guess you would have liked to have seen her leave him, then you would damn her for that too. To answer your question its funny that a woman in Afghanistan was closer to being elected to the top job then here. I guess that shows that in the mid east women may be seen more of an equal than here in the USA. We want to think we are more advanced in our thinking but we are one of the few democratic nations that question a woman right to run for high office. England, France, Germany, Israel, and even India have had women leaders. There are more but I think you get my point. As to Clinton's global respect I have relatives overseas they have a lot of respect for them there. Look to the foreign papers you will see it, that is if you want to truly want to see it. While you are at it do your own research on Obama there's tons she could use on him if she wanted to. Look into Michelle's connection to University Hospital of Chicago, the same hospital that made millions overcharging uninsured patients. Look into TreeHouse foods another board she served on. Its also funny that i...
    I know the answer you are looking for but you will not get it from me. You start out asking one question can she get respect then bring up the "stain". I guess you have trouble distinguishing between her husband and her. I guess you would have liked to have seen her leave him, then you would damn her for that too. To answer your question its funny that a woman in Afghanistan was closer to being elected to the top job then here. I guess that shows that in the mid east women may be seen more of an equal than here in the USA. We want to think we are more advanced in our thinking but we are one of the few democratic nations that question a woman right to run for high office. England, France, Germany, Israel, and even India have had women leaders. There are more but I think you get my point. As to Clinton's global respect I have relatives overseas they have a lot of respect for them there. Look to the foreign papers you will see it, that is if you want to truly want to see it. While you are at it do your own research on Obama there's tons she could use on him if she wanted to. Look into Michelle's connection to University Hospital of Chicago, the same hospital that made millions overcharging uninsured patients. Look into TreeHouse foods another board she served on. Its also funny that in both instances she received huge pay raises after her husband became a Senator. One was a mere $200,000 raise more than doubling her income. Look into how he he used lawyers to challenge signatures on petitions of democratic rivals leaving him and a lesser known man to run for state office. There is so much more I could say however if you are an Obama supporter you will not take heed so why bother.
  • mr.jazz free mi... 2008/03/27 16:25:46
    mr.jazz
    your right there is a lot we don't know or will ever hear, because the media and the spin doctors don't want a woman to be president, they push Obama's stuff under the rug and hope it don't slip out because they would have to try to clean it up before the country finds it out, see just how they try to push the rev.Wright's stuff away, as not important, but with Clinton everything is fadder for the mill even Monica L's old and tired as that is, anything to muddy her up a man either black or white is better than a smart intelligent woman in the white house.
  • free mi... mr.jazz 2008/03/29 02:42:03
    free minded voter
    O Obama stuff will come out just in time to give McCain the White House watch. Then we will all be F***ed.
  • Decided 2008/03/27 03:33:56
    Decided
    +4
    Of course. Even those countries that are struggling more than the US with womens' rights have had female presidents who have been fairly successful. I also think that most women realize that her fight to keep her family together actually took more guts than it would've taken to abandon them. My goodness - I don't know if I could find it in my heart to forgive my husband if he did that...but, just because she forgave him, does not make her less of a leader... it makes her a bigger leader with a bigger heart. I think most people in the world will see that. Another thing, most countries didn't understand the big deal that the US made about Bill's escapades... for example, according to the media reports at the time, the French were perplexed that the US was trying to impeach its president because of infidelities.
  • observer Decided 2008/03/29 09:02:29
    observer
    +1
    Hello Decided, you said, "Another thing, most countries didn't understand the big deal that the US made about Bill's escapades... for example, according to the media reports at the time, the French were perplexed that the US was trying to impeach its president because of infidelities." It is true. The reason for this is that unlike the US, other countries do not live in Dark Ages (I'm talking about advanced nations, not countries like Saudy Arabia or Iran). The French were perplexed because their cultural level is higher than that of the Americans. The French were unaware that the US still lives in the Dark Ages. This is why.
  • Ed4rkba 2008/03/27 03:03:44
    Ed4rkba
    +1
    To get respect you have to earn it and show respect for others. Hillary has done nothing but shown contempt for our military, both as former First "Lady" and as a Senator.
  • Decided Ed4rkba 2008/03/27 03:35:35
    Decided
    +1
    That's a pretty unsubstantiated claim. Really - is that why so many generals and military personnel are supporting her?
  • toni Decided 2008/03/27 04:04:53 (edited)
    toni
    Actually most military personnel and general officers are not supporting her....just a few who served under bill that are beholding.
  • Decided toni 2008/03/28 04:24:59
    Decided
    The ratio of the general support for her versus Obama - she wins their support overwhelmingly.
  • Kalee 2008/03/27 02:50:52
    Kalee
    +1
    Some countries do not respect the woman. There are several women in countries who can not even go to school, vote, speak their mind, etc. I am a woman myself. I believe America is ready for a woman president, but the rest of the world is not ready. They still have woman issues in their own country. They do not respect their wives and daughters so how will they respect Hillary?
  • JC Kalee 2008/07/01 05:24:25
    JC
    +2
    In what way? As a woman you should know better, try doing a little more research. Here is a lesson you might have missed?

This site is dedicated to the women who have ruled since the beginning of times - or as long as the sources date back.

There have always been female rulers. Some Egyptian Queens are believed to have governed from around 3000 BCE, and the first to be named by the sources without any doubt is Ku-baba, who ruled the Mesopotamian City-State of Ur round 2500 BCE.

First female ministers
    However, it was not until during and just after the World War I that the first few women became members of the revolutionary governments in Ukraine, Russia, Hungary and Ireland. Nina Bang, Danish Minister of Education 1924-26, was the first woman to be minister in democratically elected parliamentary government. See more in First female ministers. Nevertheless, development was slow and it was not until the end of the 20th century that female ministers stopped being unusual.

First female Prime Minister and President
    In 1960 Sirivamo Bandaranaike of Sri Lanka became the world's first female elected Premier Minister and in 1974 Isabel Perón of Argentina became the first woman President - one woman had been Acting Head of Government and two women Acting Heads of State before ...

'

'

First female ministers

In 1960 Sirivamo Bandaranaike of Sri Lanka became the world's first female elected Premier Minister and in 1974 Isabel Perón of Argentina became the first woman President - one woman had been Acting Head of Government and two women Acting Heads of State before that.

Today, the only two countries, which never had a female member of government in at least a sub-ministerial position, are Monaco and Saudi Arabia. The Vatican has got one Assistant Vice-Minister. In 1999 Sweden became the first country to have more female ministers than male. 11 women and 9 men, in 2007 the Finish government had 60% women.

Current female heads of state and government
    There are 192 members of the United Nations and 2 independent states outside, a few self-declared de-facto independent states and many self-ruling depencies. 19 have got female leaders at the moment.

Of the monarchies, there are reigning Queens in 3 countries: Denmark, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom - and the latter is represented by female Governor Generals in Antigua and Barbuda, Canada and Saint Lucia, who function as their countries' de-facto Heads of State.

The 6 female Presidents are in Argentina, Chile, Finland, India, Ireland, Liberia and The Philippines.

At the moment there are 7 woman Prime Ministers; in Germany, New Zealand, Moldavia, Mozambique, The Netherlands Antilles, Ukraine and The Åland Islands. For more details see: Situation in 2008

Content of www.guide2womenleaders.com
    The site contains lists of female Heads of State listed by country, a chronological list of Women in Power from B.C. 3000, female Prime Ministers, Ministers of Finance and Ministers of Defence and Ministers by country, female Chairpersons of Parliament, female Governors, Premiers and local Leaders by country, female Party Leaders for each country, a chronological list of female Presidential Candidates, Ambassadors to the United Nations and first female ambassadors for each country, lists of women's ordination to priesthood and female bishops and finally a list of female Danish leaders. (See entries to the left).
  • Kalee JC 2008/07/01 05:35:56
    Kalee
    I said some not all. Most of the middle eastern countries do not feel as though woman are equal to men.
  • JC Kalee 2008/07/01 05:49:25
    JC
    +3
    Should we live by their rules?
  • Kalee JC 2008/07/01 18:56:42
    Kalee
    No, but when negotiating with them and having discussions we need to have someone who can a least have their respect. Do not get me wrong, I am not saying this is right, but it is reality. With the way our country is looked at todsy after The Bush regime, we need to gain back our respect from these countries. I do think a woman should be respected and treated equally as a man, but it does not happen.
  • JC Kalee 2008/07/01 19:41:57
    JC
    +3
    Why would you say that? Have I not treated you with respect? Had you bin a man and said this I would have bin ridiculing. Rightfully so! I don't know what your experience with the region might be? I might tell you since I have just returned from France. Touring most of the southern country side on bike mind you having dealt with many people first hand. Never once did I feel any dislike or repulsion. You need to give the world more credit than that. They are aware that he is but a man and not a country.

Not to a large experience dealing with Arabs. Both with my service in the Gulf in 91 and a stint in the state department. You speak of respect? They have none! The term infidel which is commonly used by many over there in reference to all that are not like them. While translation is simple ( one without faith ) carries a whole different meaning to them. For a race that values faith above all else! Before mother, daughter even one's self. To say one has no faith is to say one is less than human!

So in that sense your argument has no base. Don't ever sell your self or other women short or the whole point of my service was worthless!
  • Kalee JC 2008/07/02 05:30:37
    Kalee
    I think you are not understanding what I am saying. I am referring to the middle east and you are referring to France. I specifically stated I do not agree with this, but it happens. Also, your service was not worthless. :)
  • JC Kalee 2008/07/02 06:45:12
    JC
    +3
    No, you spoke of how the world sees us in the US. I was just giving you an example that they do not.

My other point is there is no half way with these people. Most of them see kindness as a weakness. Here is a photo of what they do to a girl that looks at the wrong boy. spoke world sees people kindness weakness photo girl wrong boy
  • Kalee JC 2008/07/03 17:25:25
    Kalee
    I know this and i am not saying this is the right way to handle things. Maybe I should have been a little more specific, but I did not mean all of the world. Some of the world does not have respect for us because of whatever reason they choose. The pic you have displayed is exactly what I am talking about, they do not respect women as they should.
  • JC Kalee 2008/07/03 21:11:02 (edited)
    JC
    +3
    So should we give in to their ways or show them a better path? No matter what we do we would not please all of the people. So what we should do is side with the right choice and hope to bring them to the light not leave them in darkness.
  • Kalee JC 2008/07/03 23:14:43
    Kalee
    +1
    Yes I totally agree with you about not giving in to their ways of life. Although, it will not happen overnight as nothing does in life. We all know we can not please all of the people all of the time. All I am saying is that respect from other countries has to be taken into consideration when sending a woman to discuss issues of the world. If some of these countries are not at the point we think they should be in regards to respect for women, how can we send a woman in to discuss/implement ideas or issues?
  • JC Kalee 2008/07/03 23:35:58
    JC
    +2
    The last and best two Secretary State have bin women. Dick Cheney well, need I say more hand Colin Powell didn't get anything done other than push the war at the UN. Whether you where for the war or against it, he did not help build a coalition of countries to help in Iraq. By the way are you saying SS. Condoleezza Rice, is worthless...?...lol Say it isn't so.

PS: How long should we wait for them, their ideals are still in the 1200's?
  • Kalee JC 2008/07/04 01:10:42
    Kalee
    +1
    You definitely have a point about the men. They haven't done anything to write home about either. I do not think we should wait for them, but just take it into consideration. If we waited for them it would never happen. There is a possibility that they will never come around. Also, for the record I think Condoleeza is alright and has done a great job.
  • JC Kalee 2008/07/04 02:35:32 (edited)
    JC
    +2
    So, what is your point that women can't get it done? You see my point? I'm a guy and I have no problem with a women being charge. Not a weak man mind you, just a man confident in his masculinity.

2014/10/25 07:23:04