Arkansas Tea Party Member Resigns After Telling This Racially-Charged Joke About ‘Democracy’

Tink123 2012/06/18 01:47:37
"A member of an Arkansas Tea Party group has resigned her committee seat
after she opened an event last week by telling a racially-charged joke."

Personally, I think she should have resigned. I imagine her audience must have been 'choice' for her version of comedy for her to not only feel comfortable enough to even speak such, but receive applause no less.

Tea Party folks, I mean this sincerely...

I was with the Tea Party from the beginning, I supported the original money bomb and have defended them on more than one occasion. Not of late - and this is why. When you want to know why you get a bad rap - this is why. Know that.

I would hope that anyone who disagrees with this crap would stand the hell up and have something to say about it. 'Cause I do, I have a lot to say about this. I didn't get into supporting the principles of limited govt. so I could be lumped in with the ignorant. And if you don't want to be lumped in with the ignorant - then stand up and make it known. That's all...

Read More: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/arkansas-tea-party...

• DDogbreath 2012/06/18 02:00:42
    DDogbreath
    +12
    The "Tea Party" has been infiltrated by brainless neo-cons. Most of the ones elected to congress "wussied out" when it came to the personal liberty issue. They voted AGAINST LIBERTY passing the NDAA.

• Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/06/25 04:20:31
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/06/25 02:29:05
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    She is one rotten apple in a very large TEA Party, who do not condone such nonsense. Lighten up.
  • Tink123 Aqua Su... 2012/06/25 04:09:59
    Tink123
    +1
    I hope you're right... but the room of people she was speaking to sure seemed to share her tastes.
  • sue 2012/06/19 09:26:24
    sue
    +2
    I like this post. The Tea Party most certainly had its merits at the beginning. I can certainly agree with cutting government subsidies and balancing a budget. I can certainly agree with getting the government out of our personal business. However, it was the racial undertones of "taking our country back" and "we the people" as if it somehow didn't include those who didn't agree that made me shy away from the Tea Party.

This woman may have resigned, but it isn't because she feels bad for telling the joke. It's because the press picked up and reported all over the country that she told the joke. THe fact that she read the joke and thought it was a good idea to include it in her speech, and that the guy leading the meeting read her remarks and "didn't notice" it says a lot. When I read it I was disgusted. Even a politically savvy racist would have raised their eyebrows. But she and the leader both read it and didn't "notice" or "think anything about it," and that is a big problem that won't change with her resigning.
  • Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/06/18 16:28:16 (edited)
    Magnus ☮ RP ☮ 2012 ☮
    +3
    That was a joke, however this is not:

Where is the outcry of "racist" now?
    Where are all of the newsmedia?

...

Exactly.

You know, for people who have equality it's pretty funny that they got their "affirmative action" which is serving to put us Caucasians down at the very bottom of the hiring list... and yet they're still screaming and bitching about how disadvantaged they are and how their lot in this Nation is all our faults and on and on and on it goes. And now this, openly declaring a 'war on whites' - calling for MURDERING us and NOBODY is saying a damn thing about it, but are instead whining about some JOKE?!

BULL$HIT!
  • Tink123 Magnus ... 2012/06/18 17:00:19
    Tink123
    +2
    It's all bs.
  • Willie 2012/06/18 16:00:33
    Willie
    +2
    It's up to the people associated with her to disassociate from her, or be tainted by her words. As long as someone at a Tea Party rally is allowed to hold up a racist sign, or make racist statements without rebuke, I'll hold the idea that the Tea Party condones racism (or at least courts racists into membership).
  • Plantgypc 2012/06/18 14:15:30
    Plantgypc
    +3
    First of all, if a black man has said this joke, no one would be upset.

Second of all one person does not make a movement. We will drive Obama from the job he is now doing so badly. That is no joke.
  • Racefish 2012/06/18 13:53:44
    Racefish
    +1
    There are idiots all over the place. Liberals don't hold a monopoly on stupidity.
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/06/18 13:08:09
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    Not surprised; the Tea Party has been full of B.S for a while now.
    +1
    Umm she resigned (and in my opinion should have) - what did you want her to do? Suicide?
    She isn't there anymore - that is a good thing, not much more to say on this. It is over.
  • Plantgypc Jackie ... 2012/06/18 14:16:32
    Plantgypc
    She is still a member of the tea party.
  • Jackie ... Plantgypc 2012/06/18 14:24:39
    +1
    And? What should be done? Tar and feather? Hanging? Drummed out of America?

Mountain from mole hill - time, in my opinion, to move on
  • Plantgypc Jackie ... 2012/06/18 14:47:13
    Plantgypc
    +1
    No let it be. She is still a good person. I could see she was uncomfortable and was trying to be funny. The joke hit to close to home so many people, taht is why they are angry.
  • Jackie ... Plantgypc 2012/06/18 16:57:16
    +1
    It was a stupid and inappropriate 'joke' - glad she stepped down and she should have.
  • Plantgypc Jackie ... 2012/06/18 17:07:11
    Plantgypc
    +2
    Tell all comics to stop telling all jokes. They offend someone.
  • Tink123 Plantgypc 2012/06/18 17:16:55
    Tink123
    +1
    They can tell as many jokes as they please. And I can mock them for it too. Everyone is removing the mask these days. I wouldn't dare ask them to stop. All is revealed in due time.
  • Soundstorm 2012/06/18 07:28:15
    Soundstorm
    +2
    Did anybody happen to mention that this person resigned? The Tea Party has nothing to be ashamed of. The OWS and the Democrat party are still infested with every vile assortment of hate mongers, race baiters, union thugs and misogynists.
  • aneed2know Soundstorm 2012/06/18 10:20:33
    aneed2know
    +2
    okay you tell me when any democrat, progressive, liberal or OWS person has ever made a joke like this, or sent pictures of a republican in a sex act with animal. when that happens your statement will have merits.

Besides the fact the joke was racist, the mere fact that this person felt comfortable enough to tell it at an event speaks volumes of the tea-party.
  • Soundstorm aneed2know 2012/06/19 04:02:18
    Soundstorm
    Ever hear of Hustler magazine?

The fact that this person is no longer in the Tea Party is what speaks volumes.
  • aneed2know Soundstorm 2012/06/19 04:09:48
    aneed2know
    +1
    that is not the point, the point is this person felt comfortable telling the joke in the first place, she knew her crowd.

you are trying to tell me that if a black politician would have made a joke like that you guys would not blow a casket. hell you guys got all bent out of shape when one city councilmen said DC must remain.
  • Soundstorm aneed2know 2012/06/19 05:19:04
    Soundstorm
    I have no idea what guys you're talking about. Believe it or not white people don't share a collective consciousness.
  • aneed2know Soundstorm 2012/06/19 06:22:39
    aneed2know
    +1
    so why are you acting like black people share a collective consciousness? i am suppose to accept that you think Obama attended racist churches, but you wont accept the fact that republicans constantly pandor to white ministers who have stated racist, homophobic and anti-poor rhetoric, it seems to me that you are expecting one group to play by different rules? You dont know what i a talking about because Fox news did not plaster their comments on every show.
  • Soundstorm aneed2know 2012/06/19 06:41:09
    Soundstorm
    And when have I ever acted like black people share a collective consciousness? Haven't I always addressed you as an individual? How can you judge bigotry in others when you indulge in such unfounded broad generalizations about Republicans?
  • aneed2know Soundstorm 2012/06/19 06:45:29
    aneed2know
    +1
    who said i was judging all republicans, all i said is this woman felt comfortable telling that joke so sh ewas speaking to people who think like her. how is that judging some one, if i walked into a all black gathering or a all democrat gathering and told a joke like hers and people laughed at it, would you not think that the people who were there felt like it.

i have seen you address issues on here when some post things and say blacks, not individuals.
  • Soundstorm aneed2know 2012/06/19 10:37:33
    Soundstorm
    Such as......
  • aneed2know Soundstorm 2012/06/19 10:41:07
    aneed2know
    +1
    "How about black Americans taking responsibility for putting more of their children through college instead of the prison system, giving them stable homes with two parents instead of exploiting them as anchor babies for more welfare benefits and raising them on values of hard work and initiative that creates personal wealth and individual freedom which is what this country is REALLY founded on?"

such as this
  • Soundstorm aneed2know 2012/06/20 01:40:23
    Soundstorm
    I stand by that. Those aren't racial stereotypes. They're very real and serious problems in many of today's black communities. You want to call the murder rates in South Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and South Central LA racial stereotyping too?
  • aneed2know Soundstorm 2012/06/20 04:53:17
    aneed2know
    +1
    so you say, as a man who was raised by a single mother i take huge offense to it. you dont know shiat about the black community so please stop pretending you do.
  • Soundstorm aneed2know 2012/06/20 06:14:13
    Soundstorm
    You wish I was pretending.

• aneed2know Soundstorm 2012/06/20 06:17:07
    aneed2know
    +1
    i know you are.
  • Soundstorm aneed2know 2012/06/20 07:01:38
    Soundstorm
    That video isn't pretend.
  • Latti I... aneed2know 2012/06/25 04:11:54
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    People like him enjoy making excuses.
  • aneed2know Latti I... 2012/06/26 04:35:38
    aneed2know
    +2
    yes they do
  • Maci Soundstorm 2012/06/18 10:31:36
  • HoneyBa... Maci 2012/06/18 22:40:38
  • Soundstorm Maci 2012/06/19 04:02:53
    Soundstorm
    Is that where your brains are located?
  • Maci Soundstorm 2012/06/19 04:04:20
  • Plantgypc Soundstorm 2012/06/18 14:16:51
    Plantgypc
    +2
    Thank you
  • Jackie ... Soundstorm 2012/06/18 14:27:38
    +1
    Oh be ready - the self righteous will crawl out of wood work -

2014/10/31 11:26:33