Are YOUR Credit Cards protected?
has finally made it to the big-time. The company, who aims to bring
credit card processing to anyone who wants it, thanks to a clever,
square contraption that plugs in to your smartphone, is now being used
by the Obama campaign for financing.
Mitt Romney has similar plans: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399629,00.asp
Square was started by Jack Dorsey, of Paypal fame. The company
has rapidly been growing, thanks to its simple pricing for transactions
and clever use of smartphones and the internet. The company makes its
readers available to anyone who wants one (even I have one) and lets
anyone signed up process credit cards with the click of a few buttons.
the company’s product has managed to find its way into the hands of
Obama campaigners, who are going to start using the devices rather than
more traditional credit card processing systems, which can be quite
costly and insecure.
This is a big win for the company, and a tech win
for Obama’s campaign. Regardless of what you think of him as a
president, his team knows how to weild technology to their advantage.
- Ex-Stanford Professors Starting Free Online College
- Einstein’s Theory Still Safe
- NASA Considering Sending the ISS to the Asteroids
- Marijuana Linked With Depression?
- Researchers Teach Subliminally; Matrix Learning not Far Away
- New Mars Mission Set to Lunch Saturday
- New Study Finds People Know More Than They Think
- Cognitive Decline Sets in at 45, Says New Research
- Next-Gen Contact Lenses Will Have On Screen Display
- Incredible Replica of Portal Gun up for Auction
See Votes by State
News & Politics