Are You Surprised by Susan Rice’s Withdrawal from Secretary of State Consideration?

ABC News U.S. 2012/12/13 22:16:05
UN Ambassador Susan Rice has withdrawn her name from consideration for Secretary of State, saying the criticism surrounding her comments on Benghazi had become an “irresponsible distraction.”

“I am fully confident that I could serve our country ably and effectively in that role,” Rice wrote in a letter to President Obama today. “However, if nominated, I am now convinced that the confirmation process would be lengthy, disruptive and costly – to you and to our most pressing national and international priorities.”

Rice has been criticized by Republicans for her response to questions on the Sunday talk shows shortly after the terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi killed four Americans.

susan rice

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/12/susan...

• Mike W 2012/12/14 01:02:49
    Mike W
    +14
    Because the Obama asked her to, he knew that if he pushed it hearing would expose the trutyh of his incompetance and lies. So he had her fall on her sword after lieing to save his re election

• lady_c5_loadmaster 2012/12/14 16:06:53
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    I am glad she did. It saved her the embarassment of note receiving enough votes.
  • Spy Master 2012/12/14 16:01:36
  • Todd Parsons 2012/12/14 15:27:11
    Todd Parsons
    She was about to let too much be known... she had to let the benghazi thing die to save the president
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/12/14 15:25:55 (edited)
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +2
    I guess the skeletons in her closet are bigger than her balls. Can't stand her!
  • RJeffreySavlov 2012/12/14 15:25:07
    RJeffreySavlov
    +3
    She proved by her comments that she is not qualified for the job.
  • alex 2012/12/14 15:21:08
    alex
    +1
    If its an irresponsible distraction, wouldn't that mean she gets distracted by irresponsible things? Sounds to me like she didn't need to be in office anyway!
  • Moonage 2012/12/14 15:11:18
    Moonage
    +3
    Her brightest shining moment in her political career is a poorly planned and executed cover-up that was quickly exposed and has been the source of media and Congressional fodder since.

She does not need to be in a decision making position at all.
  • American Girl 2012/12/14 14:36:05
    American Girl
    +1
    I am not surprised at all.
  • Laymen 2012/12/14 14:14:27
    Laymen
    +1
    Her withdrawal is no surprise though it may means she accepting being the Fall Guy. Susan was never competent for the job but I'd expect Obama to replace her with another unfavorable if not incompetent person. What will a lot of veterans say if it's John Kerry, "yuck"!
  • Wahvlvke 2012/12/14 14:02:00
    Wahvlvke
    +2
    Looks like she didn't want to answer a few questions here and there.
  • The Patriot 2012/12/14 13:56:08
    The Patriot
    +5
    Lets see - That takes out.

! - Petraeus - Director of the Central Intelligence Agency
    2- Rice - United Nations Ambassador

Who's next?

OBAMA LIED 4 PROUD AMERICANS DIED !

dem

ben
  • V~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/12/14 13:19:30
    V~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    The Benghazi coverup takes priority over nominating Rice. No surprise at all.
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2012/12/14 12:58:26
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +5
    “However, if nominated, I am now convinced that the confirmation process would be lengthy, disruptive and costly – to you and to our most pressing national and international priorities.” Meaning she would Finally have to tell the truth, thus tearing Odimwit a new one.
  • sickofpolitics 2012/12/14 12:28:39
    sickofpolitics
    +2
    Best decision she has ever made!!!
  • Erok 2012/12/14 11:55:43
    Erok
    +3
    Another casualty of the flawed presidency of Barack Hussein Obama aka Barry Soetero aka no you can't see anything about my past aka yes i put my bid in for presidency in a known terrorists' house who is my buddy aka......
  • Sodahead Founders are Fascists 2012/12/14 10:38:02 (edited)
    Sodahead Founders are Fascists
    +2
    If Only BUSH had stepped down over his involvement in the 9/11 false flag attacks, or his LIES about WMDs in Iraq.
  • Daniel 2012/12/14 10:12:50
    Daniel
    +2
    It's a political move I've seen before. It will turn down the heat on the killings and everyone will forget. Does anyone remember Fife Symington? How about Sam Lewis? Symington was the Governor who stool millions from retired people and was convicted. He was suppose to go to prison but didn't serve one day. Sam Lewis was the Director of the Arizona Prisons and a good friend and partner in crime with Symington. They literally stool millions in military equipment and had their own chop shop. It was a;; over the news but they blamed one inmate for stilling all the trucks from the military and parking them at the prison. Before indictments came down, Sam resigned and you never heard another thing about it. Passes to commit crimes and the tax payers take it.
  • ivegotloveinmypants 2012/12/14 09:29:58
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +2
    I think a lot of Americans feel she failed to answer the questions on Benghazi properly, and if she were to be considered, that would raise many eyebrows.
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/12/14 08:55:55
    Bilingual required sucks
    +2
    It shows class....something her nutjob Republican attackers have no knowledge of.
  • ComeOnNow Bilingu... 2012/12/14 16:19:41
    ComeOnNow
    Obama destroyed her career. Look, if you still are trying to push that nonsense then you are either clueless or a nonsensical political hack and so much so that you are willing to walk around looking like an idiot to be one just as Susan Rice. The sad part is that she seemed pretty bright and like a rising star until Obama picked her to sacrifice and she made the bad decision to play along.
  • Joey 2012/12/14 08:42:10
    Joey
    +4
    53 people died in the Embassy attacks under Bush.
    Almost 250 died under Ronald Reagan.

Bush did not give at much information about any of the attacks under his watch RIGHT after it happen.

And Reagan told the Soldiers that they could not use live arms.. leading to the of 150 people in one attack.

But republicans are ok with this . I wonder way.
  • daylight 2012/12/14 08:40:18 (edited)
    daylight
    +2
    She lied, 5 times, she knew the truth and she lied. Shameful what is happening in DC.
    I would not want to serve under this press, no blessing, scary for our military.
  • mrdog 2012/12/14 08:27:05
    mrdog
    Rice is a smart gal...she knew it would be very difficult to be confirmed...
    life goes no for her...disagree with her on many issues...but she is loyal to
    her cause...that I respect...good luck to her...bark
  • cfh 2012/12/14 07:45:26
    cfh
    I'm not as surprised as I am deeply saddened by her withdrawal, even though I
    realize there are more important issues facing Washington at this time, that
    absolutely MUST be dealt with NOW!
  • Mattynr 2012/12/14 07:44:52
    Mattynr
    +1
    I am surprised but glad she is not running in that direction. The fact that she "SAW" the official report and allowed herself to be "USED" in the lie does not gain creditability. Dealing with World Leaders as SS facing a "truth" issue would be a tarnish and would drain her power and ours.
  • Mattynr Mattynr 2012/12/14 07:48:43
    Mattynr
    +1
    Also, she is not connenected to Intelligence AND everyone that was, the leaders of all committees were all in town and anyone of them could have faced the Nation that Sunday. It was a forced LIE and she was needed to do the dirty deed.
  • joe mauro 2012/12/14 07:38:45
    joe mauro
    +1
    she knew she had no shot
  • Guess~GOD GOT IT~ 2012/12/14 07:28:57 (edited)
    Guess~GOD GOT IT~
    Racism....Some folks just want let it die...But it will only kill them or miserably they will live. Need more Negros in the House.
  • ivegotl... Guess~G... 2012/12/14 09:32:34
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +2
    This is not a racism issue. Did you watch the interview on Benghazi? I know it is quite trendy for African Americans to cry racim, but you should look at the facts. And this is coming from a Nigerian.
  • Guess~G... ivegotl... 2012/12/14 20:54:21
    Guess~GOD GOT IT~
    It's always about racism with many...Ain't nobody perfect and one mistake isn't enough to thrill a person. She was threaten but you in Nigerian you don't know this...
  • ivegotl... Guess~G... 2012/12/22 12:52:16
    ivegotloveinmypants
    But anyway: the issue is that Rice screwed up badly on the Benghazi issue. If she had been elected, a lot of people would have detracted from the issue- as she said in her own words, with her failure to answer questions on Benghazi. I can't see where racism comes into this part. Can you explain more carefully and clearly?
  • Guess~G... ivegotl... 2012/12/23 00:46:17
    Guess~GOD GOT IT~
    Don't care to elaborate any farther, she didn't win. End of story. Racism don't exist anymore and this is why we has a white SOS, now everybody happy.
  • ivegotl... Guess~G... 2012/12/27 13:28:39
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Its we have, not we has. Its now everybody is happy, not now everybody happy. What is the white SOS. Your lack of explanations make me even less likely to take this accusation seriously.
  • Guess~G... ivegotl... 2012/12/31 01:22:01
    Guess~GOD GOT IT~
    +1
    You felt the need to correct me, I hope it made you feel special, but getting yourself a job in teaching would do more for ya. Happy New Year!
  • ivegotl... Guess~G... 2013/01/05 14:27:30
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Haahaaaa, lol. Your sense of humour means we can amicable disagree.
  • Guess~G... ivegotl... 2013/01/06 00:24:23
    Guess~GOD GOT IT~
    Do this mean we can befriends now, or don't care to affiliate??
  • ivegotl... Guess~G... 2013/01/15 14:41:01 (edited)
    ivegotloveinmypants
    We can be friends if you should so wish- I do not choose friends based on whether I agree or disagree with them or not.
  • Guess~G... ivegotl... 2013/01/16 19:06:04
    Guess~GOD GOT IT~
    is this why you only got 10 friends...Photobucket
  • ivegotl... Guess~G... 2013/01/21 12:27:45
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    Hmmm, looks like you haven't checked the full list...
  • Guess~G... ivegotl... 2013/01/24 22:31:27 (edited)
    Guess~GOD GOT IT~
    just messing wit ya...have a great Thurs and a wonderful weekend my friend.

2014/08/21 20:01:18