Are you sick of the Tea Party trying to destroy our country?

Mopvyzo 2013/02/18 20:22:41
Related Topics: Tea Party, BP, Destroy, Party
Tea Party trying to destroy our country

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/progressive-...

• findthelight2000 2013/02/19 14:42:36
    findthelight2000
    +57
    The tea-party wouldn't understand the US Constitution if the founding Fathers themselves explained it to them. They want their own interpretation to be the law of the land. Just like the Fundamentalists make Christianity unChristlike, they make the US Constitution unAmerican.

• Ed Starr 2013/10/21 20:27:17
    Ed Starr
    The Koch Brothers sure have people manipulated helping them to destroy the us goverment
  • LayLady 2013/03/14 09:40:34
    LayLady
    yes
  • joseph digristina 2013/03/12 00:57:42
  • 9th of 9 2013/03/02 12:13:53
    9th of 9
    It is hard to imagine you would be against the TP Mopeder. Are you claiming "to all of Sodahead" that you support George W. Bush?
  • BK 2013/02/28 18:43:45
    BK
    I don't think the Tea Party, or any other political group, is trying to destroy the U.S.
    I am, however, sick of the left and right wing politicians and their supporters who are succeeding at corroding the country by accident, with their excessive spending, borrowing, taxing and intrusiveness, in our homes and in other nations. Most of these guys are bad at their jobs, don't understand the damage they cause and should go back to what they were doing before they got elected.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2013/02/28 18:38:09
  • on time, again 2013/02/27 16:27:01
    Don't know
    on time, again
    +2
    The Tea party wants a government that is responsable and ethical. The Dems. and Repubs. have both shown to be neither.
  • moira.faulds.14 2013/02/27 07:14:46
  • SW 2013/02/25 22:16:23
    SW
    +1
    You don't have to be a member of MANBLA or the Neo Nazi party to know they suck. You don't have to join the Church of Scientology to know it's nuts.

The Tea party has a lot of well meaning people who identify with it --they're not bad people, but the "movement" started in 2009 when a columnist and pundit suggested we have a new "boston tea party" to protest Obama's proposal to bail out homeowners during the housing crisis.

My problem with them starts there... how come there was no "tea party" protesting Bush signing TARP to bailout the bankers? Why weren't they "defendiing the constitution" when Republicans passed the Patriot Act and Bush signed it into law and was warrantlessly wiretapping American citizens?

But a black Democrat becomes president and all of a sudden a group of nearly 100% white reactionary mostly old people has a tizzy fit over stuff they've been silent about for 8 years? Really?
  • 9th of 9 SW 2013/03/02 15:24:49
    9th of 9
    I guess, the position I hold here, in response to your reply, is to beg your pardon.

If you believe the Tea Party movement started in 2009 you have missed your mark by a couple of years. In studying the Patriot Act "correctly" you have to go back to it's origins and study the 1996 Law passed by Bill Clinton, "Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act." " Very Strong" advocates for "civil liberty's" rose up in opposition to this Law while many congressional progressives (to include neo-conservatives) stayed silent. After 911 the Bush Patriot Act, an extenton of the 1996 Clinton Law, came under fire by the center left as well as the center right members of congress. The Libertarian wing along with the civil liberties groups rose up against both Acts and were fighting things like this for years prior. TARP was a HUGE factor in the rising of the original Tea Party, scores of libertarians, center lefts, center rights and independents rose up in opposiion to it. They foresaw the erosion of the housing market, and the attacks of freedom well before Obama took center stage. While there wasn't enough of them to make a difference they knew where Obama's policies were headed, and come to find out, one of those policies did infact include an extention of the Patriot Acts. Now, in p...

If you believe the Tea Party movement started in 2009 you have missed your mark by a couple of years. In studying the Patriot Act "correctly" you have to go back to it's origins and study the 1996 Law passed by Bill Clinton, "Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act." " Very Strong" advocates for "civil liberty's" rose up in opposition to this Law while many congressional progressives (to include neo-conservatives) stayed silent. After 911 the Bush Patriot Act, an extenton of the 1996 Clinton Law, came under fire by the center left as well as the center right members of congress. The Libertarian wing along with the civil liberties groups rose up against both Acts and were fighting things like this for years prior. TARP was a HUGE factor in the rising of the original Tea Party, scores of libertarians, center lefts, center rights and independents rose up in opposiion to it. They foresaw the erosion of the housing market, and the attacks of freedom well before Obama took center stage. While there wasn't enough of them to make a difference they knew where Obama's policies were headed, and come to find out, one of those policies did infact include an extention of the Patriot Acts. Now, in present day, he has extended it further by signing into Law the NDAA. Right before OUR eyes we watched these administrations rip apart our civil liberties at home, while forcefully advancing Empire abroad. The Tea Party today is controlled by the "pretend right", the Neo-Conservatives (to include progressives) They are not the Tea Party "that was." I hope you will listen HARD to this video.

• Sir Bud. 2013/02/25 03:20:38
    Sir Bud.
    Its fun actually to watch them destroying themselves and especially after America turned them down twice.
  • JET 2013/02/24 16:58:43
    JET
    It's the democrats with the help of the republicans that are destroying our country. Time to boot them all out, including obama.
  • gareth.ellzey 2013/02/24 06:02:10
    gareth.ellzey
    +1
    The TEA (Taxed Enough Already) party is calling for a return to our Constitutional Republic, you know - the one we pledge allegiance to, "UNDER GOD," on many occasions.
  • eyeballz 2013/02/24 04:17:54
    eyeballz
    +1
    The tea party is not trying to destroy our country ! The tea party is standing up for the silent majority , the people who just go to work every day , pay their bills , and try not to make any waves . It is time the silent majority became very vocal and put those who would destroy our country into their place !
  • Rosy 2013/02/24 02:26:18
    Rosy
    +1
    Are you kidding me!!?? The tea party (patriots) is not a political party as of this time. They are the one entity who wants to put in well-qualified candidates to counter Washington's zealous over-spending, and return to AND RESPECT the first principles on which our nation was founded. The jerk who charged of a;fee of $200,000.00 for a diversity training class is a prime example of what is so wrong with the bureaucrats in DC.One complete asinine statement he made was that the pilgrims did not show an ID to the Indians who were already here,( you know, no papers)!? The revolutionary war was fought, treaties were created, and the rest is history. The "natives" had NO cohesive governing body here, with the exception of individual tribes. Since America has attracted so many from around the world to escape tyranny and embrace freedom, we as a people have spent much blood and gold on freeing those, even in foreigh nations from the effects of various dictators. I have a good friend who came here to get away from a guy just like Obama! No, I like the Tea Party. You NEVER get anything for ZERO, my dear. We are just discovering the very expensive effects Obamacare will have. The Dodd-Frank bill is set up to fund the budget which oversees the payment advisory board for the new...
    Are you kidding me!!?? The tea party (patriots) is not a political party as of this time. They are the one entity who wants to put in well-qualified candidates to counter Washington's zealous over-spending, and return to AND RESPECT the first principles on which our nation was founded. The jerk who charged of a;fee of $200,000.00 for a diversity training class is a prime example of what is so wrong with the bureaucrats in DC.One complete asinine statement he made was that the pilgrims did not show an ID to the Indians who were already here,( you know, no papers)!? The revolutionary war was fought, treaties were created, and the rest is history. The "natives" had NO cohesive governing body here, with the exception of individual tribes. Since America has attracted so many from around the world to escape tyranny and embrace freedom, we as a people have spent much blood and gold on freeing those, even in foreigh nations from the effects of various dictators. I have a good friend who came here to get away from a guy just like Obama! No, I like the Tea Party. You NEVER get anything for ZERO, my dear. We are just discovering the very expensive effects Obamacare will have. The Dodd-Frank bill is set up to fund the budget which oversees the payment advisory board for the newest entitlement benefit. WE NO LONGER HAVE HEALTH CARE AS PREVIOUSLY SET UP BY PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANIES! Obamacare will break tahe backs of insurance companies, and Obama will then get his main objective accomplished: universal health care. He and his administration possess nothing regarding the care and concern of the average American citizen. He wants comand and control over our lives. Better to "direct" us into what he calls manufacaturing "hubs" We'll all be herded to certain sections of the country so that we may be better controlled. Sorry, but I will bet on individual freedom any day of the week, and wlll be happy to say good riddance to Obama at the end of his final term as President.
  • cheryl Rosy 2013/02/24 05:42:48
    cheryl
    Very interesting,but what caught my eye, was the fact that we will be breaking the backs of insurance companies.I have to tell you ,they, just like our banks, and other big corporations ,. need to have their backs broke. All this nonsense about death panels etc, Insurance companies have their own death panels.Have you ever been told "no we don,t cover that" just let him die. I hope they do get their backs broke.Or your deductable is 5000.00 you have to pay that first.Really ? and I pay you how much a month? CROOKS
  • Rosy cheryl 2013/05/13 15:23:47
    Rosy
    Go online and check out the various deductibles offered for a $185.00 per month premium. Through the exchanges being set up via Obamacare, the first 60% is "covered" by the taxpayers. The other 40% is your personal financial responsibliity, and you have a whopping $6500.00 deductible! Not very affordable. (Amount applies if your yearly salary rises above $13,500.00)
  • cheryl Rosy 2013/05/13 19:39:50 (edited)
    cheryl
    Well,it will have to make some changes and it will.Once again because of all the crying the public option was taken off the plan..All it would take is one insurance company charging the fair amount and the rest would follow . If people can,t pay the deductible then the plan serves no purpose.People will still have to leave hospitals with unpaid bills.Insurance companies will have to lower deductibles
  • SW Rosy 2013/03/06 21:46:47 (edited)
    SW
    Ooooh pooor health insurance companies (violins). Their CEO might not be able to buy 2 jets this year if evil bad Obamacare passes... God forbid they can't gouge us for more than 20% overhead cause of mean old Obama!

And tell me what the hell Obama did to YOU exactly that makes you want to "get away from here?" What exactly freedom do you not have that you had 4 years ago? Did he take your guns? No? Did he raise your taxes? Nope... You reactionary fanatically partisan Obama-haters are acting like he came to your house and raped your dog, then sent you to a fema camp to learn Shira Law, took all your property and forced you to convert to Islam. Here we are 4 years later... no attacks... I go outside and no post-apocalyptic wasteland...

Please, show me something Obama did that's so friggin bad... not in internet memes from RWNJs not in the rants of people on Fox News or AM Radio... Really in the real actual world, what did Obama do to you that's so bad?
  • cheryl SW 2013/05/13 19:42:32
    cheryl
    +1
    Well stated
  • Zane 2013/02/24 02:20:01 (edited)
    Zane
    +1
    I support the Tea Party's belief in smaller, more efficient government and more personal responsibility. Way too many people have no idea what the Tea Party even is.

This was a very poorly worded question. It's construction shows bias. Apparently you weren't seeking actual discourse. You just wanted people to agree with you.
  • cheryl Zane 2013/05/13 19:44:41
    cheryl
    To me it means everybody that counts is white and owns a small business.Oh and everybody must be a Christian.Is that about right?
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/24 02:11:57
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    The Tea Party wants less government intrusion, a balanced budget and people to become educated and self reliant so as not to be a burden on the tax payers. Period. End of story. What part of this don't you like? Are you afraid you might have to get a real job and not spend your day on sodahead?
  • cheryl CMackle... 2013/05/13 19:54:24
    cheryl
    I don,t see it that way and Ive been working as a nurse for 35 years.Unfortunatly we are not all cutouts exactly the same with the same problems in life.I work more hours than you. I can almost guarantee that,unless you are an on call Dr.Im probably much older than you also.Things are not all black and white issues.There are times when people may need help.After seeing some teabaggers kicking a lame man in a wheel chair because he was holding a sign for the healthcare act I have no respect for those that claim so.Oh and the way I see this problem with the IRS ,is those people probably didn,t want to pay there taxes and so the IRS had to follow procedure.We will see
  • CMackle... cheryl 2013/05/13 20:21:28
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    I have no respect for anyone that uses the term 'teabaggers'. Good day.
  • Ed Starr CMackle... 2013/10/21 20:35:14
    Ed Starr
    +2
    teabeggars teabeggars
  • CMackle... Ed Starr 2013/10/22 20:13:04
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Child
  • David Hussey 2013/02/24 02:09:11
  • silentart 2013/02/24 01:54:06
    silentart
    We need other party to shock us, sleeper at voting time... Why? Because many of us do not know how to vote carefully... Some vote on face value and other bite on bait( sweet talk) Other vote without research or understanding... And more some are just followers...
  • Beccy 2013/02/24 01:34:39
    THey also have their right to free speech. Maybe we need to stop going to extremes in how our government is run.
  • Maltilda 2013/02/24 00:11:56 (edited)
    Maltilda
    +3
    Because they are not.

tea party freedom
  • ☆astac☆~PWCM 2013/02/23 16:37:03
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
  • Sgt Major B 2013/02/23 16:34:02 (edited)
    Sgt Major B
    +5
    I'm sick of left-wing fools and morons that won't accept responsibility for dragging this nation down that turn around and whine about those attempting to restore it.
  • PatsyCake 2013/02/23 15:01:17
    PatsyCake
    +3
    No but I definitely disagree with the premise of this ridiculous "question." It's like the old, old joke, "have you stopped beating your wife?" The premise here is - well you get it. Good try though, I guess.
  • GeorgeAMartini 2013/02/23 10:19:42
    GeorgeAMartini
    +2
    You keep trying, but you are so screwed up in your world view, you are either evil or suicidal. I suppose stupid could be an option, but based on past conversations I don't think you're stupid. So it must be one of the first two possibilities. I'm starting to lean toward evil.
  • Tom Trojan 2013/02/23 05:16:09
    Tom Trojan
    +4
    Actually, they are trying to save the country from becoming a European style socialist economy, and going bankrupt like the rest......./
  • MCA~AFCL~PWCM 2013/02/23 04:15:33
    MCA~AFCL~PWCM
    +5
    I'm sick of the IDIOTS who are so uninformed that they believe a group of taxpayers are doing more damage than the current destructive administration! Join the TEA Party and be part of the solution and not part of the uninformed who continue to put the real problem back in office!
    As for the IDIOT making assumptions as to whether TEA Party individuals know the Constitution or not, I will put your uneducated butt to shame if you want a contest of who knows more, you or me. The problem with people like 'findthelight' is they listen to liberal newscasts and read liberal blogs of people who can only put down what they don't like. The TEA Party has a much better understanding than most liberals of not only the Constitution but also the history and founding fathers. It's really a shame so many are so uneducated and uninformed of the truth!
  • joefj2 2013/02/23 03:38:04
    joefj2
    +8
    You have got to be kidding?
    I can show a few pictures of what I think is destroying America Obama homosexual partiers Sharia law in America word abortion Class envy gun control
  • Hotcho joefj2 2013/02/23 03:50:37
    Hotcho
    +6
    That's the best depiction of How America is viewed these days by most people, they continue to vote for idiots however the last 2 presidential elections proved that
  • Rude&Re... Hotcho 2013/02/23 22:57:36
    Rude&Reckless
    Not to mention the 10 or 11 elections before that!

2014/11/29 08:39:43