Are you pro life or pro choice?

Christian 2012/09/01 01:59:31
I am pro life.
I am pro choice.
I am pro life with exceptions of rape and incest.
pro choice

• the Supreme 2012/09/01 03:24:18
    I am pro choice.
    the Supreme
    +7
    i personally hate abortions i could never do it but i have no right telling another woman she cant... no woman goes into this light heartedly

• burningsnowman 2012/09/10 06:45:05
    I am pro life.
    burningsnowman
    +1
    I get tired of being lumped in with christian nut jobs though...
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/09/04 03:24:12
    I am pro choice.
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +1
    Pro choice does not automatically mean pro abortion. It just means you believe that every woman has the choice to decide what she does with something that is inside of her body.
  • legalam... Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/09/05 20:05:36
    legalamericanwoman
    +1
    Does the inutero infant have a choice to say no to the adult human who is much larger and stronger about to murder he or she ?
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ legalam... 2012/09/06 16:09:02
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    A fetus is not a person...
    fetus person
  • legalam... Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/09/07 00:54:04 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    you were once a human fetus, from the moment your fathers sperm met your mothers egg and joined, you became you.
  • MusicMan 2012/09/04 02:47:30
    I am pro life.
    MusicMan
    +2
    The only "choice" involved in this discussion is whether or not to have sex. That is the point of no return.
  • Cierra 2012/09/02 17:58:28
    Cierra
    +1
    Personally, I don't believe in abortions, and I would never do it. You will never see me inside a clinic, but I do understand that all women may not feel the same as I do and it is ultimately a woman's choice, so whatever she decides....
  • TheR 2012/09/02 12:18:07 (edited)
    TheR
    +2
    Pro-life is Pro-Choice. Pro Choice is Pro-life.

There is no battle here. If you think the unborn have rights, then you think the dead have them too. Especially when we can't seem to give Pro-life now to people who are living and trying to survive on this earth.

If you are pro-choice, wouldn't you also be pro-contraceptive?

If you are pro-life aren't you against contraceptives? And have so many kids you can't get them all in the telephone booth, or Volkswagen?

And if you are pro-life and practice Abstinence, isn't that really Pro-choice?

Men who wear condoms only do it with Pro-Choice women?

Men who don't wear condoms only do it with Pro-life women?

Pro-Choice women don't like being told what to do. Is that a real woman?

Pro- Life Women do what they are told to do. Is that a real woman?

So where is the pro surrogate option? Women who wish to transplant their child to another woman, test tube or incubator?

If the baby dies during a baby transplant is it an abortion? I don't think so. It was a Pro-Surrogate Option that Failed.

test tube baby
  • Angela Chambers 2012/09/02 02:18:35
    I am pro choice.
    Angela Chambers
    +2
    Not my body, not my choice.
  • Miss Kris the Centrist 2012/09/01 23:59:20
    Miss Kris the Centrist
    +2
    But I have no idea how to fix this into law without making it difficult for people who really need an abortion.
  • Christian Miss Kr... 2012/09/02 06:40:01
    Christian
    Very true.
  • Karasu the Neko Vampire 2012/09/01 23:36:41
    I am pro life.
    Karasu the Neko Vampire
    +2
    I meant to put I am pro life with exceptions of rape and incest.
  • Ol'Dave 2012/09/01 23:11:58
    I am pro life.
    Ol'Dave
    +2
    Being Pro-DEATH MAKES NO SENSE TO ME (but more important to GOD)
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/09/01 21:30:59 (edited)
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    In the middle. Abortion should be completely legal up to 12 weeks, partial birth abortions (usually after 20 weeks) should be illegal apart from to save the mother's or baby's life, or for active euthanasia if it would have a bad quality of life or severe disability. In the middle the mother should have to have a good reason for it.
  • Super ludum 2012/09/01 20:37:01 (edited)
  • Death On Two Legs 2012/09/01 17:47:02
    I am pro choice.
    Death On Two Legs
    +2
    You have no right to tell someone what they can and can't do with THEIR own body.
  • Anonymo... Death O... 2012/09/01 21:33:47
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +3
    It's not about body rights, it's about the foetus' human rights and when it deserves them.
  • Death O... Anonymo... 2012/09/03 20:58:28
    Death On Two Legs
    +1
    I don't see how a fetus gets the same rights as a living, breathing human. Most abortions are done in the 1st trimester, so the fetus is not considered "life" yet.
  • Anonymo... Death O... 2012/09/03 21:21:41
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Most. The foetus gets similar rights, the embryo doesn't. It is an embryo in the first trimester, where I don't have a problem with abortion.
    I am pro choice.
    +1
    Pro-choice.
  • Vijay Pawar 2012/09/01 09:28:21
    Vijay Pawar
    +1
    I never claim any of my choices, as can always have a choice is the most wise thing in life ! So better the middle path to Change, as required.
  • .: LiVi :. 2012/09/01 09:14:32
    .: LiVi :.
    +1
    I am personally against abortion, but I think the choice should still be there for women who are forced into certain curcumstances where that is the only option available. But to me abortion is killing an unborn person, it is still murder, however you put it, you are still killing another person. I'm not judging women who have had abortions, that is their choice, I just personally don't know if I could go through with the lifelong guilt afterwards. You can always give it up for adoption. The question is, would you rather save your body, or save someone else's life? I think I'd rather do the latter.
  • .: LiVi :. .: LiVi :. 2012/09/01 09:15:10
    .: LiVi :.
    +1
    circumstances* not curcumstances..
  • Bozette 2012/09/01 08:02:06
    Bozette
    +1
    Personally, I am pro-life. As a Christian, I feel it is wrong. God gave us free will, though, and legal or not, people will have them. It is not my place to judge anyone, that is God's purview.

Politically, I do not think it is the federal government's place to either allow or outlaw it. It is rightfully an issue that could be addressed on the state level.
  • Andy Fletcher 2012/09/01 07:51:47
    I am pro choice.
    Andy Fletcher
    +2
    With qualifications. For me from a moral standpoint the right to choose does not mean the right to procrastinate. I realize that probably for most it is a tough decision to make...if it's not, then I hold your morals suspect anyway. I'm NOT going to get into the semantics of when does life begin because that is all it is. This sounds harsh to many I'm sure, and also judgmental. You have to realize however that I am not talking about the cases that most on the right and most non strict pro lifers would consider "exceptions", such as rape, incest, health threat to the mother, etc. Those I would expect would be much easier decisions to make, and yet still, likely troublesome for many. Where I draw the line, and where I am truly judgmental, is when abortion is used as birth control. To me it is just wrong and irresponsible. The time for birth control is long past at the point of conception. I still would not wish to deny anyone the right to make that choice. It is not my place to make your moral decisions for you. I will reserve the right doubt your character though. I won't likely ever say anything to you about it, but if I know about it, I will probably just not have anything to do with you.

Now climb aboard and jump on if you must. Like I said, I won't play that semantics game with you as to what is life.
  • †♫ Muzikfreak ♪† 2012/09/01 07:33:54
    I am pro life.
    †♫ Muzikfreak ♪†
    +2
    Aborting an innocent baby who has done nothing wrong is horrible.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/09/01 07:26:04
    I am pro life.
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +2
    Life ia a life !
  • 666_Maggots 2012/09/01 07:22:28
    I am pro choice.
    666_Maggots
    The fetus is nothing but a parasite to it's mother. She should be able to choose what she does with that parasite.
  • Christian 666_Mag... 2012/09/01 07:34:16
    Christian
    I think when in reference to a human life, the scientific/biological word is more appropriate.
    Parasite is a very cold way to refer to a human life or organism, you should maybe think about using a word like embryo, which would reflect the size issue better that you are trying to bring attention. I guess using the word parasite is your way of conveying, embryos are so small that they have no real importance, so in your opinion its OK to abort.

Thank you for your comment.
  • 666_Mag... Christian 2012/09/01 08:26:38
    666_Maggots
    TECHNICALLY, they are parasites:

parasite[ par-uh-sahyt ]
    noun
    1. an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
    2. a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.
    3. (in ancient Greece) a person who received free meals in return for amusing or impudent conversation, flattering remarks, etc.
  • Christian 666_Mag... 2012/09/01 10:47:21 (edited)
    Christian
    The first definition is technically correct, however 2,3 are just describing the meaning as if the word is used as an insult to someone's character, which is irrelevant in this topic. A human life, is a human life, whether it is forming or complete, it holds the same value. An abortion is to me a women's decision, but at the same time you cannot call what forms inside a women's body anything less then what it is, its an embryo, if you call it anything less, your trying to look at abortion, like you are not killing a human. When you abort an embryo, you are killing a human embryo and nothing less. Humans are not parasites, we are humans from conception to adult. The picture below is a human embryo, as you will see, it has almost everything you are born with, embryos are not parasites, they are human embryos. human embryo
  • 666_Mag... Christian 2012/09/01 12:02:13
    666_Maggots
    When you are living inside of someone and feeding off them and not giving back, you are a parasite. Don't deny it.
  • Christian 666_Mag... 2012/09/01 12:38:21
    Christian
    +1
    Your definition is incorrect, science is denying not I. Your not understanding the definition correctly. To double clarify I also emailed a friend this morning that teaches at John Hopkins and he said the same, a parasite has nothing to do with a human embryo or would be used to describe something that will be human growing in a women's body. I know you hate to be wrong, but your wrong this time for sure. TY for comments.
  • 666_Mag... Christian 2012/09/01 21:22:57
    666_Maggots
    Oh really? Please show me the email. Because I had a few educated adults tell me it was a parasite, as well. Also, one of them was my dads friend and we were discussing this very thing, who is Parasitologist, said they could be CONSIDERED a parasite.
  • Christian 666_Mag... 2012/09/02 06:47:59
    Christian
    +1
    Why the Embryo or Fetus Is Not
    a Parasite

a) A parasite is defined as an organism of one species living in or on an organism of another species (a heterospecific relationship) and deriving its nourishment from the host (is metabolically dependent on the host). (See Cheng, T.C., General Parasitology, p. 7, 1973.)

b) A human embryo or fetus is an organism of one species (Homo sapiens) living in the uterine cavity of an organism of the same species (Homo sapiens) and deriving its nourishment from the mother (is metabolically dependent on the mother). This homospecific relationship is an obligatory dependent relationship, but not a parasitic relationship.
    a) A parasite is an invading organism -- coming to parasitize the host from an outside source.

b) A human embryo or fetus is formed from a fertilized egg -- the egg coming from an inside source, being formed in the ovary of the mother from where it moves into the oviduct where it may be fertilized to form the zygote -- the first cell of the new human being.
    a) A parasite is generally harmful to some degree to the host that is harboring the parasite.

b) A human embryo or fetus developing in the uterine cavity does not usually cause harm to the mother, although it may if proper nutrition and care is not maintained by the mother.
    a) A paras...

Why the Embryo or Fetus Is Not
    a Parasite

a) A parasite makes direct contact with the host's tissues, often holding on by either mouth parts, hooks or suckers to the tissues involved (intestinal lining, lungs, connective tissue, etc.).

b) A human embryo or fetus makes direct contact with the uterine lining of the mother for only a short period of time. It soon becomes isolated inside its own amniotic sac, and from that point on makes indirect contact with the mother only by way of the umbilical cord and placenta.
    a) When a parasite invades host tissue, the host tissue will sometimes respond by forming a capsule (of connective tissue) to surround the parasite and cut it off from other surrounding tissue (examples would be Paragonimus westermani, lung fluke, or Oncocerca volvulus, a nematode worm causing cutaneous filariasis in the human).

b) When the human embryo or fetus attaches to and invades the lining tissue of the mother's uterus, the lining tissue responds by surrounding the human embryo and does not cut it off from the mother, but rather establishes a means of close contact (the placenta) between the mother and the new human being.
    a) When a parasite invades a host, the host will usually respond by forming antibodies in response to the somatic antigens (molecules comprising the body of the parasite) or metabolic antigens (molecules secreted or excreted by the parasite) of the parasite. Parasitism usually involves an immunological response on the part of the host. (See Cheng, T.C., General Parasitology, p. 8.)

b) New evidence, presented by Beer and Billingham in their article, "The Embryo as a Transplant" (Scientific American, April, 1974), indicates that the mother does react to the presence of the embryo by producing humoral antibodies, but they suggest that the trophoblast -- the jacket of cells surrounding the embryo -- blocks the action of these antibodies and therefore the embryo or fetus is not rejected. This reaction is unique to the embryo-mother relationship.
    a) A parasite is generally detrimental to the reproductive capacity of the invaded host. The host may be weakened, diseased or killed by the parasite, thus reducing or eliminating the host's capacity to reproduce.

b) A human embryo or fetus is absolutely essential to the reproductive capacity of the involved mother (and species). The mother is usually not weakened, diseased or killed by the presence of the embryo or fetus, but rather is fully tolerant of this offspring which must begin his or her life in this intimate and highly specialized relationship with the mother.
    a) A parasite is an organism that, once it invades the definitive host, will usually remain with host for life (as long as it or the host survives).

b) A human embryo or fetus has a temporary association with the mother, remaining only a number of months in the uterus.

Thank your for your comment but you and now your family are WRONG!
    Thank you have a good day :)
  • 666_Mag... Christian 2012/09/02 06:53:20
    666_Maggots
    No, you are wrong. And how can I trust your information? I prefer to get my information from an actual Parasitologist, thank you very much. And the person who told me was of no relation to me.
  • legalam... 666_Mag... 2012/09/04 20:59:10 (edited)
    legalamericanwoman
    being pro-choice means being pro death to parasites ? To you human beings are parasites?

According to your definition, all of us , including YOU , are nothing more than parasites deserving of the death penalty.

Don't believe me? Review all that you wrote.

And learn now.. through me and others like me who love life , that you are no parasite, never were and did not deserve to be informed in anyway by anyone else that you were never anything but an unworthy parasitical lifeform deserving of a violent and painful death at the hands of paid assassins .

Learn. There are two sides to every story, every opinion. If your choice is to bond with the negative opinions which favor death for innocent human beings who are not able to defend themselves , then what does that say about YOUR upbringing?

You are more precious than you know.
  • legalam... legalam... 2012/09/04 20:59:30
    legalamericanwoman
    and so is everyone else.
  • 666_Mag... legalam... 2012/09/04 21:00:51
    666_Maggots
    Let me tell you something.... I don't care. It's my opinion. Deal with it.
  • legalam... 666_Mag... 2012/09/05 18:51:25
    legalamericanwoman
    I am dealing with it. I think it is you who don't know how. My opinion.

2014/07/30 11:32:38