Are You Outraged that a McDonald's Manager Confronted and Punched a Customer Who Had a Service Dog?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2011/07/22 16:55:18

A Cobb County warrant charges Tiffany Denise Allen with simple battery, simple assault fear and disorderly conduct.

According to the warrant, Jennifer Schwenker entered the Marietta McDonald's located at 1291 Bells Ferry Road with her children and service dog on July 12.

Allen, off-duty at the time, became irate that the dog was in the restaurant, the warrant says.

Schwenker explained to Allen the dog's purpose and told the manager the dog was legally allowed to be inside the establishment.

Allen continued to berate Schwenker, following her around the restaurant and even into a bathroom. During the incident, one of Schwenker's twins disappeared. The mother threw her cup to the ground and ran outside to look for her child, the warrant says.

Allen believed the cup was thrown at her and followed the mother into the parking lot, where she is accused of hitting her in the face.

Surveillance video shows several McDonald's employees holding Allen back, according to the warrant.

The warrant for Allen's arrest was signed July 15. She is not listed as having been in custody at the Cobb County jail.

An owner of the McDonald's, who did not want to be named, declined an interview but did say Allen no longer works at the restaurant.

Her's a local news story,with Store surveillance video included.You can judge for yourself if the cup was thrown at her!
http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/15124874/off-duty-mcdonalds-m...

FROM : Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
BY : Elise Hitchcock.

Read More: http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/warrant-mcdonalds-man...

• Rodney 2011/07/22 17:37:19
    Yes I am outraged!
    Rodney
    +15
    Send the dumb broad to Europe, France in particular. ALL pets are allowed in restaurants there, not just service dogs. That should really set her off. What is wrong with people today. Dogs are far cleaner then a lot of people anymore. Need proof of that, just talk to a janitor of any department store about the conditions PEOPLE leave public bathrooms in.

• Shonna Strong 2012/01/28 03:12:15
    Shonna Strong
    can you relate? if you can, you may need to worry!
  • kate 2011/09/07 07:03:14
    No I could care less!
    kate
    NOOOOOOo! I'm outraged that every mange ridden mutt that gets a vest put on is **poof! ** (or should that be 'woof!') a service dog and the store owner can't ask anything about the dog, there is no way to prove it's a service dog. The other day in a grocery store a woman had her dog pulling her cart, and while she shopped the literally mange covered dog shook it's funk all over the cheese case, it was oozing something from it's underside which was dripping on the floor and it licked several of the pre made sandwiches we had gone in to purchase.....ew! ew! ew! It was sooooo not a trained service dog. When I asked her if it was a service dog, she said, yes it helped her pull her cart as she had difficulty with that. I said, "where did you get your service dog?" She hesitated and then said, "from a breeder in Oregon". I'm thinking, yeah, sure, but I politely pressed on saying, "My dad's a parapalegic. A service dog would certainly be of use to some one with a disability, how might I contact your breeder, so that I could purchase one for him?" "Oh, well, uh, um, you know I don't remember who they are, uh, um, er...if you want a service dog, uh, um, uh my suggestion would be to try a google search on line".....yeah....that's what I thought.

I'm all for service dogs. An...

I'm all for service dogs. An actual service dog is an animal carefully selected for temperament, extensively trained and then never a pet, always a working dog. Very few pups make the cut and of those that do, the vast majority fail during their training. This makes true service dogs somewhat rare and very valuable. Society is sick of people slapping a vest on their personal pets and calling it a service dog. It is a liability for the store owner who can say NOTHING to the person with the dog. People believe they are the best pet owners in the world and their darling little pit bull, boxer, rottweiler wouldn't hurt a fly....until it ends up slashing some poor child's face off. We need legislation that recognizes certain reputable training facilities/trainers/programs that will issue a government certificate or id badge that can be shown to a business owner to ensure that the dog is a legitimate service dog. You don't have the official i.d.? Fido needs to remain tied up out in front of the store with everyone else's dog.
  • Stevern... kate 2011/09/07 20:43:19
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    So you may of had a bad experience with a possible fake service dog.
    But how does your bad experience,make you suspect the the validity of the service dog,in this story?
    When the local news & police investigated this confrontation.If the service dog was a fake,it would of been reported !
  • Yes I am outraged!
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2011/07/26 03:16:49
    Yes I am outraged!
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +2
    Law suit.
  • Stevern... jumpboo... 2011/07/26 05:33:02
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    I'm sure lawyers call the victim nonstop,the next few days after to story came out.They know the victim has a great case,for suing McDonald's.
  • Randice 2011/07/25 18:49:01
    Yes I am outraged!
    Randice
    +3
    Pardon me for pointing out the obvious, but, didn't another episode of this happen at McDonald's with black women on a white woman?

I'd be pressing physical assault charges and filing in civil court. Nothing like evidence caught on tape.
  • Stevern... Randice 2011/07/25 18:59:46
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Yea.... There was another case of 2 black teenagers beating up a woman (Who turned out to be a transvestite.) at a McDonald's in Maryland.
    What makes this story is the attacker is (at the time) a McDonald's employee.I'm sure there are lawyers for McDonald's working on a quick settlement,to get the story out of the news!
  • Randice Stevern... 2011/07/26 11:48:49
    Randice
    +3
    That's one of the bad things about the media/internet though... once it's out there, it never goes away. It's beyond disgusting the disregard for human life that's being displayed.
  • MIZ® ₱... Randice 2011/07/29 04:06:49
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +4
    pfffft....... I am so ticked!! I can't BELIEVE you just pointed out the OBVIOUS!!!! LOLOL :P

.......you are SO right!
  • Randice MIZ® ₱... 2011/08/01 11:20:17
  • MIZ® ₱... Randice 2011/08/01 21:50:10
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +3
    That's right.... even when it's like banging our heads against a brick wall, we have to stand our ground for what's just right and decent in this world.

Good to see ya~:)
  • Randice MIZ® ₱... 2011/08/02 11:47:00
    Randice
    +2
    Amen sister! You too! I tell ya, miss a few days on here and all goes to hell in a handbasket. LOL!
  • MIZ® ₱... Randice 2011/08/03 07:33:26
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +2
    I was just thinking the same thing...... LOL!
  • Sawdust_128 2011/07/24 21:45:46
    Yes I am outraged!
    Sawdust_128
    +4
    It was obviously racially motivated. How dare that woman be white! What was she thinking?
  • MIZ® ₱... Sawdust... 2011/07/29 07:11:33
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +4
    She should at LEAST be ashamed! ://
  • Sawdust... MIZ® ₱... 2011/07/29 17:04:08
    Sawdust_128
    +3
    I know! I know!!!
  • USC Gam... MIZ® ₱... 2011/07/29 18:11:01
    USC Gamecock fan
    +3
    MIZ some people have no shame and feel everything they do or say is correct n Loudmouths
  • ♥Lizzy♥ 2011/07/24 04:41:37
    Yes I am outraged!
    ♥Lizzy♥
    +3
    It honestly makes me sick, how messed up that chick is...
  • USC Gamecock fan 2011/07/24 02:26:51
    Yes I am outraged!
    USC Gamecock fan
    +5
    You may consider the fast food industry doesn't hire the most educated and intellectual personnel in some instances, you have to remember the Fast Food Education. or Fast Food College. Not saying ALL people who work in the service industry are uneducated but there are many instances of ignorance associated with lack of education which the Fast Food industry is plagued with because of low salaries. The owner is responsible for the instance of abuse and apparently has taken proper actions as far as the employee is concerned.
  • MIZ® ₱... USC Gam... 2011/07/29 07:18:00
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +3
    Great points, USC~
  • Hamm0ckjames 2011/07/24 02:19:24
    Yes I am outraged!
    Hamm0ckjames
    +4
    Just another example of the quality of McDonalds employee's.
  • Mississippi lady 2011/07/24 01:58:32
    Yes I am outraged!
    Mississippi lady
    +6
    That "manager" did not deserve the job; and the hiring manager who hired her, needs to go back to school.
    Yes I am outraged!
    +8
    As someone who is visually impaired .. this is OUTRAGEOUS .. Service Animals ARE permitted to enter with their owners by law!
  • Stevern... sglmom 2011/07/23 21:11:31
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +5
    It a sad state of affairs when the former manager uses the service dog as reason to go off on the customer!
  • sglmom Stevern... 2011/07/23 21:12:09
    +6
    Just INFURIATES me .. since I need a Service Animal .. and am on a waiting list for one ..
  • MIZ® ₱... Stevern... 2011/07/29 07:18:48
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    +3
    No kidding!! Ridiculous.
  • eεrɾïiсαa αaṉnṉεe 2011/07/23 19:04:21
    eεrɾïiсαa αaṉnṉεe
    +4
    I feel like Allen is just a drama whore, "Dis bitch came into Mcdonalds, wit a dog, and I was like bitches aint allowed to bring no dogs in here"
  • Texas Johnny 2011/07/23 17:26:41
    Yes I am outraged!
    Texas Johnny
    +8
    Can you say: "Lawsuit" ? I knew you could!
    lawsuit mr rogers
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2011/07/23 17:18:37
    Yes I am outraged!
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +5
    I want to know why this individual isn't in jail waiting for a bondsman? Oh wait a minute, its a black lady beating up one of those white people. Never mind! Holder is probably investigating.
  • Stevern... SoCalEx... 2011/07/23 17:30:25
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    My guess,Holder will get after this woman,after taking care of the New Black Panther Party Poll blockers.....LOL!
  • SoCalEx... Stevern... 2011/07/23 17:31:53
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +2
    Well I won't be holding my breath!
  • Stevern... SoCalEx... 2011/07/23 19:04:22 (edited)
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Eric Holder's Justice Dept.considers this old man as a bigger threat to your civil rights,then those 2 other cases.
    justice dept considers bigger threat civil rightsthen 2 cases
    http://agangershome.blogspot....
  • SoCalEx... Stevern... 2011/07/23 19:27:51
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +3
    Eric Holder is a big bigoted joke!
  • Steve 2011/07/23 16:37:12
    Yes I am outraged!
    Steve
    +4
    Tie the manager down, cover her with raw meat and let a pack of rabid pit bulls have their way. This idiot should just be put away, makes one wonder how on earth she even got hired let alone promoted to manager.
  • Stevern... Steve 2011/07/23 16:56:51 (edited)
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Nice idea,but the raging manager will probably get off with a slap on the wrist.She may get into legal Diversion and be required to attend a anger management program.
    Have you ever been to Atlanta?People with her attitude,are the norm,not the exception!
  • Steve Stevern... 2011/07/23 21:59:17
    Steve
    Several years ago the woman I was dating son played in the NFL flag football championship held at the Falcons training camp, in my limited experience the people of Atlanta were very good people.
  • Stevern... Steve 2011/07/24 07:12:25
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I guess you didn't visit Underground Atlanta.That's one dangerous tourist attraction,to visit nowadays!
  • Old Nellie Bones 2011/07/23 15:45:45
    Yes I am outraged!
    Old Nellie Bones
    +4
    The store I work at allows dogs in.I have no problem with this.My mom asked me about it one day.Saying that is is unsanitary. I told her she should see some of the people who come thru my checkstand.Trust me the dogs are much cleaner.I have had some people come thru my line and I about throw up,The smell lingers for a while.
  • amazinggrace 2011/07/23 15:17:58
    amazinggrace
    +3
    I am less outraged than I am saddened by the actions of people these days. For a country who is always spouting "tolerance", there does'nt seem to be much of it going around.

2014/07/25 20:52:07