Are You OK With the Obama Law Requiring a $1 Abortion Per Month Subsidy,From Every Insured American?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/14 17:25:06
Yes! Free Abortion,paid by everybody else is my right!
Heck No!...I shouldn't be forced to help pay for other people's abortions!
Other Thoughts!

Obama Law Requires $1 Abortion Subsidy From Every Insured American

The controversial “individual mandate” in the ObamaCare health diktat, which requires Americans to buy health insurance or face a hefty fine, also requires something else: The insured party, thanks to a finalized version of the mandate, must pay a $1 premium to fund abortions.

That fee will be the heart of one key argument against the law from the Bioethics Defense Fund, which has joined the fight against the Mephistophelian law with anamicus curiae brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court in February. The high court will hear the case against the law on May 27.

An amicus curiae brief is a pleading filed by a party that is not involved in a lawsuit to help the court decide the matter.

You’ll Pay for Abortions, Like It or Not

The heart of the BDF’s brief is this: Requiring an insured person to pay a $1 premium to subsidize abortions trespasses the First Amendment of the Constitution, which guarantees freedom to practice, within limits, one’s religion as one chooses.

According to the brief, “Like a Russian doll, the individual mandate has nestled within it a hidden, but equally unconstitutional, scheme that effectively imposes an ‘abortion premium mandate’ that violates the free exercise rights of millions of Americans who have religious objections to abortion. The individual mandate found in Section 1501 of the Act provides that, beginning in 2014, Americans must either purchase federally approved health insurance or pay a monetary penalty.”

The violation of religious rights occurs, BDF argues, because the individual mandate requires one to buy insurance and because the law requires the $1 abortion subsidy. Like it or not, the insured is paying for an abortion. “The infringing provisions impose inescapable requirements upon millions of Americans who will be, even unwittingly, enrolled in employer or individual health plans that happen to include elective abortion coverage,” the brief argues.

The Act effectively imposes an “Abortion Premium Mandate” that compels enrollees in certain health plans to pay a separate abortion premium from their own pocket, without the ability to decline abortion coverage based on religious or moral objection.

The “individual mandate” that compels Americans by threat of penalty to purchase only federally approved health insurance plans results in the imposition of another unconstitutional mandate that will impact millions of Americans.

The brief says the Obama administration’s original attempt to force insurance plans to include elective abortions is an historical first, but “due to the public uproar, the drafters devised a scheme to avoid the direct federal funding of abortion.” That scheme simply involved shifting the responsibility to those the government forces to buy insurance against their will, meaning the insured parties are dragooned not only into buying insurance but also subsidizing the murder of unborn children.

This goal of avoiding the use of tax-payer subsidies for abortion coverage was unfortunately achieved by a means that violates the First Amendment; namely, by compelling the taxpayer to personally pay a separate abortion premium.

The unconstitutional scheme can be found in Section 1303, which provides that the issuer of a federally subsidized plan that covers elective abortions “shall” obtain a separate and private payment from every enrollee, without exception, to be used by the insurer solely for the payment of other people’s elective abortions.

Under Section 1303 of the Act, all individuals who, even unwittingly, are enrolled in a plan — either on their own or by their employer — that happens to include elective abortion coverage are compelled by the Act to pay a separate premium from their own pocket to the insurer’s actuarial fund designated solely for the purpose of paying for other people’s elective abortions. As explained below, the Act denies enrollees the ability to decline abortion coverage based on religious or moral objection.

Section 1303(b)(1)(B)(i) of the Act refers to elective abortions as “Abortions For Which Public Funding is Prohibited” (“elective abortions”). The Act then provides that the issuer “shall estimate the basic per enrollee, per month cost, determined on an average actuarial basis, for including coverage under a qualified health plan of the services described in paragraph (1)(B)(i) [i.e., elective abortions].” Section 1303(b)(1)(D)(ii) mandates that the abortion premium mandate shall not be estimated “at less than $1 per enrollee, per month.”

The enrollee must separately pay the abortion premium from his or her own private funds by virtue of the Act’s provision stating that in plans covering elective abortion, “the issuer of the plan shall not use any amount attributable to” either tax credits or “cost-sharing reductions” for “the purposes of paying for [elective abortion] services.”

Frighteningly, the conscience-stricken Christian has no escape. He or she may not refuse to cough up the abortion subsidy, the brief argues. “Once some Americans find themselves, for whatever reason, in plans with abortion coverage, the Act denies such enrollees the ability to decline payment for such coverage.”

Read more : http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/11181-obama...

Read More: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/...

• DeborahLakeHelen 2012/03/14 17:32:21
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +25
    I'm dead set against the cold-blooded murder of beautiful, precious unborn babies. Only someone with a satanic mind would even think up such a thing.

live baby in womb

• Biki sash 2012/03/15 18:47:28
    Biki
    +2
    amen sister!!!
  • marianne A Found... 2012/04/06 05:25:31
    marianne
    you are so right governor...
    i think the answer to your guestion is no, most people cannot do math.
  • LAAD Gunner - USMC 2012/03/15 05:27:43
  • A Found... LAAD Gu... 2012/03/15 05:51:01
    A Founding Father
    +3
    Why do you reveal your ignorance for all to see? Only because we don't know your name and your parent's telephone number? Please, don't make this a website for children from the ghetto.
  • LAAD Gu... A Found... 2012/03/15 07:43:41
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    The only thing I see is you making an ass out of yourself in front of all these nice people. Just because you don't have morals doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't, take your bs elsewhere you Godless heathen.
  • A Found... LAAD Gu... 2012/03/15 08:25:15
    A Founding Father
    +3
    You really are a juvenile aren't you? Mature persons don't give off with such childish chatter as calling names and thinking that is a discussion of the question posted here. Obviously you haven't any knowledge or opinions to add to the discusssion. Didn't your teacher tell you in the third grade that name calling on the playground was not permitted? You need to take a "time out", or a stiff slap across your vulgar mouth would be more appropriate.
  • LAAD Gu... A Found... 2012/03/15 08:47:52
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +1
    Unless you're a man of God, don't preach to me. Btw if we were on this playground you speak of, the only thing that would happen is you would get your ass kicked for being such an arrogant prick.
  • A Found... LAAD Gu... 2012/03/15 08:54:49 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +2
    Go to bed child. There are classes tomorrow and you need to attend regularly.mYou are a crass little fellow, given to bad manners and vulgar senselessness. If I ever get to Nebraska I will give you a call and we can meet for coffee.
  • LAAD Gu... A Found... 2012/03/15 09:07:01
    LAAD Gunner - USMC
    +2
    Your arrogance is astounding, simply astounding.
  • A Found... LAAD Gu... 2012/03/15 09:35:37
    A Founding Father
    +1
    I could astound you in several ways, I am sure.
  • Defend ... A Found... 2012/03/15 11:04:07
    Defend Western Civlization
    +1
    in the end the USSC will strike down obama care and obama
  • big T 2012/03/15 05:18:56
    big T
    +3
    Obama just wants to destroy the dignity of humans in America and be little them.
  • Jane 2012/03/15 05:05:35
    Other Thoughts!
    Jane
    +3
    I think this is an out of context, I read that at least one insurance plan in every district is allowed to not cover abortion.
    No body has a right to tell me what I can or cannot do with my body, therefore I am pro choice.
  • Richard... Jane 2012/03/15 05:34:06
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +1
    It's not your body they are worried about, it's the one inside your body they wish to protect.
  • Jane Richard... 2012/03/15 09:29:58
    Jane
    +1
    It is none of their damn business. I won't take away your guns and you don't take away my rights as a woman, because I have guns too.
  • Richard... Jane 2012/03/16 06:20:48
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +1
    So you think it is your right to kill the baby?
  • Jane Richard... 2012/03/16 14:25:47
    Jane
    No, but a fetus that has not grown past 3 months is not killing a baby, it is a legal abortion.
  • Richard... Jane 2012/03/16 18:34:16
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +1
    Ok if you want to argue symantics, it is ending a life! legal does not make it right. At one time it was legal to own slaves, and women couldn't vote. that does not mean it was right!
  • Jane Richard... 2012/03/16 21:23:21
    Jane
    I don't consider a fetus a human being, if you do that's fine, just try not to tell me how to think.
  • Richard... Jane 2012/03/17 18:46:38
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    Blacks were also not considred humans, just food for thought. Not trying to tell you how to think, only pointing out facts.
  • Jane Richard... 2012/03/17 18:59:14
  • Richard... Jane 2012/03/17 21:45:06
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    Nice try to attempt to derail the topic but you fail. By the same logic that says that a fetus is not a person, people also said that blacks were not people. Not black fetuses, but adults. It was an ignorant view, held by ignorant people. This same ignorance applies to the savages who think that killing a fetus is ok.
  • Jane Richard... 2012/03/18 21:41:00
    Jane
    People say all kinds stupid things, does mean we will make a law to accommodate their silly view.
    You people who are so concerned about a embryo (which is what a one month pregnancy is) are also for wars and killing grown up people. Death penalty, kind of like the Islamic laws.
  • Richard... Jane 2012/03/19 04:35:52
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    Would you please type in whole sentences? I can barely make out what you are trying to say.

First, I am against the death penalty and any form of islamic law. Second, You clearly know very little about war or the military. Yes I am active duty, and I serve with a sense of pride. This does not mean that I am pro war or enjoy killing; even thinking so makes you seem very ignorant. But I will if it means staying alive and protecting my family and my country from those who wish to do it harm, but only as a last resort.

for those I love I will sacrifice
  • Biki 2012/03/15 04:56:41
    Biki
    +3
    NO!!!!
  • Jane Biki 2012/03/15 09:30:51
    Jane
    +2
    Nobody is asking you to, if you don't want insurance that covers it, don't get it.
  • avonwill 2012/03/15 04:32:03
    Other Thoughts!
    avonwill
    I am personally against abortion..........but........... it results in fewer uneducated voters for the Democrats in 18 years then I say, "Go to it ladies".
  • Stevern... avonwill 2012/03/15 04:41:38
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Ironically,a large percentage of Planned Parenthood patients are from population groups that tend to vote for Democrats!
  • Jane Stevern... 2012/03/15 05:07:51
    Jane
    +1
    Actually most of their patients do not vote and in my town Planned Parenthood does not even offer abortion.
  • Stevern... Jane 2012/03/15 06:02:17
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    That's means that Planned Parenthood targets under-educated groups of people for their "services".

And if your local Planned Parenthood decides you "need" an abortion.They be more then happy to send you to one of their many locations that offer that "service" !
  • Jane Stevern... 2012/03/15 09:36:54
    Jane
    +1
    Planned Parenthood gives a service to the poor and disenfranchised. Many women depend on them and have no place else to go for women's health issues and birth control. Probably best to prevent unwanted pregnancy then to deal with it after the fact. Maybe you should visit one before you talk about them.
  • Stevern... Jane 2012/03/17 06:27:27
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    LOL...If I walked into a local Planned Parenthood office.The office personnel would panic & call their on-site security officer.Thinking they are dealing with a large,scary looking pro life protester!
  • Jane Stevern... 2012/03/17 13:54:05
    Jane
    I went into the local organisation to donate money recently and I can assure you this one had no security to call and they had no frills. The women I saw in there were pregnant women getting care that they couldn't get else where. I hope you would not want to see them go without healthcare.
  • FAWKES'... Stevern... 2012/03/15 05:21:45
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +3
    Know what's even more ironic? Red states lead the nation in number of abortions performed per capita. Isn't that fun?
  • Stevern... FAWKES'... 2012/03/15 05:55:00 (edited)
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    And it's mostly from the population groups that tend to not be too productive!

And that's how Margaret Sanger,founder of Planned Parenthood,envisioned it!

http://www.citizenreviewonlin...
  • A Found... FAWKES'... 2012/03/15 05:57:43 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +2
    People in red states tend to be undereducated, uninformed, and parents forbid them to have sex before they are married. The result is one of every three females will be at least two months pregnant when wed, and half will not wed at all. They can't even spell "abstinence" and no one has practiced it since around 1962. But, the idea makes good political chatter for old folks who haven't a clue about the 21st Century.
  • Stevern... A Found... 2012/03/17 06:31:51
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Generalizing Much.....LMAO!
  • avonwill Stevern... 2012/03/15 20:36:54
    avonwill
    +1
    Correctamundo!
  • Stevern... avonwill 2012/03/16 19:27:32
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    Thanks...:-)
  • les_gvt 2012/03/15 04:22:01
    les_gvt
    +4
    Pay for your own damned abortion

2014/04/20 10:57:02