Are You OK With the Obama Law Requiring a $1 Abortion Per Month Subsidy,From Every Insured American?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/14 17:25:06
Yes! Free Abortion,paid by everybody else is my right!
Heck No!...I shouldn't be forced to help pay for other people's abortions!
Other Thoughts!

Obama Law Requires $1 Abortion Subsidy From Every Insured American

The controversial “individual mandate” in the ObamaCare health diktat, which requires Americans to buy health insurance or face a hefty fine, also requires something else: The insured party, thanks to a finalized version of the mandate, must pay a $1 premium to fund abortions.

That fee will be the heart of one key argument against the law from the Bioethics Defense Fund, which has joined the fight against the Mephistophelian law with anamicus curiae brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court in February. The high court will hear the case against the law on May 27.

An amicus curiae brief is a pleading filed by a party that is not involved in a lawsuit to help the court decide the matter.

You’ll Pay for Abortions, Like It or Not

The heart of the BDF’s brief is this: Requiring an insured person to pay a $1 premium to subsidize abortions trespasses the First Amendment of the Constitution, which guarantees freedom to practice, within limits, one’s religion as one chooses.

According to the brief, “Like a Russian doll, the individual mandate has nestled within it a hidden, but equally unconstitutional, scheme that effectively imposes an ‘abortion premium mandate’ that violates the free exercise rights of millions of Americans who have religious objections to abortion. The individual mandate found in Section 1501 of the Act provides that, beginning in 2014, Americans must either purchase federally approved health insurance or pay a monetary penalty.”

The violation of religious rights occurs, BDF argues, because the individual mandate requires one to buy insurance and because the law requires the $1 abortion subsidy. Like it or not, the insured is paying for an abortion. “The infringing provisions impose inescapable requirements upon millions of Americans who will be, even unwittingly, enrolled in employer or individual health plans that happen to include elective abortion coverage,” the brief argues.

The Act effectively imposes an “Abortion Premium Mandate” that compels enrollees in certain health plans to pay a separate abortion premium from their own pocket, without the ability to decline abortion coverage based on religious or moral objection.

The “individual mandate” that compels Americans by threat of penalty to purchase only federally approved health insurance plans results in the imposition of another unconstitutional mandate that will impact millions of Americans.

The brief says the Obama administration’s original attempt to force insurance plans to include elective abortions is an historical first, but “due to the public uproar, the drafters devised a scheme to avoid the direct federal funding of abortion.” That scheme simply involved shifting the responsibility to those the government forces to buy insurance against their will, meaning the insured parties are dragooned not only into buying insurance but also subsidizing the murder of unborn children.

This goal of avoiding the use of tax-payer subsidies for abortion coverage was unfortunately achieved by a means that violates the First Amendment; namely, by compelling the taxpayer to personally pay a separate abortion premium.

The unconstitutional scheme can be found in Section 1303, which provides that the issuer of a federally subsidized plan that covers elective abortions “shall” obtain a separate and private payment from every enrollee, without exception, to be used by the insurer solely for the payment of other people’s elective abortions.

Under Section 1303 of the Act, all individuals who, even unwittingly, are enrolled in a plan — either on their own or by their employer — that happens to include elective abortion coverage are compelled by the Act to pay a separate premium from their own pocket to the insurer’s actuarial fund designated solely for the purpose of paying for other people’s elective abortions. As explained below, the Act denies enrollees the ability to decline abortion coverage based on religious or moral objection.

Section 1303(b)(1)(B)(i) of the Act refers to elective abortions as “Abortions For Which Public Funding is Prohibited” (“elective abortions”). The Act then provides that the issuer “shall estimate the basic per enrollee, per month cost, determined on an average actuarial basis, for including coverage under a qualified health plan of the services described in paragraph (1)(B)(i) [i.e., elective abortions].” Section 1303(b)(1)(D)(ii) mandates that the abortion premium mandate shall not be estimated “at less than $1 per enrollee, per month.”

The enrollee must separately pay the abortion premium from his or her own private funds by virtue of the Act’s provision stating that in plans covering elective abortion, “the issuer of the plan shall not use any amount attributable to” either tax credits or “cost-sharing reductions” for “the purposes of paying for [elective abortion] services.”

Frighteningly, the conscience-stricken Christian has no escape. He or she may not refuse to cough up the abortion subsidy, the brief argues. “Once some Americans find themselves, for whatever reason, in plans with abortion coverage, the Act denies such enrollees the ability to decline payment for such coverage.”

Read more : http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/11181-obama...

Read More: http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/...

• DeborahLakeHelen 2012/03/14 17:32:21
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +25
    I'm dead set against the cold-blooded murder of beautiful, precious unborn babies. Only someone with a satanic mind would even think up such a thing.

live baby in womb

• Flamdingo 2012/03/15 15:26:28
    Flamdingo
    +6
    I don't want to pay anything to help Liberals murder babies!
  • tdterry1999 2012/03/15 15:09:27
    tdterry1999
    +5
    Why should I
  • DMC4196 2012/03/15 15:01:42 (edited)
    DMC4196
    +5
    You have a right to abstain too, but that never seems to be an option.

Here's something I find amazing in this whole abortion issue:

A few years ago, I owned a beautiful Rottweiler (female) that went into heat and despite my yard being fenced and a local male mutt was able to dig under the fence and copulate with her. Once it was obvious that she was pregnant, I called the vet to have the pregnancy aborted, but to my surprise, the vet informed me that they could only abort the dog within a 24 hour window after being impregnated. During the conversation the vet actually said that it was considered cruelty to animals any later than that. Cruelty to animals? Really!? Abortions for people occur everyday and we're told it isn't a baby until it's born.

It was a this point that I discovered the hypocrisy in the abortion debate. I do not believe that I should be forced to pay for someone else's abortion. It is not a right to have others pay for your inability to keep your legs closed, there are other avenues that your can take if you are dead set on taking such action. The law of the land (bad law or not) is that abortion is legal, fine, that is then between you and God when the time comes. It should NOT be paid for by those who do not support it, it is not a right for abortion to be FREE to you.
  • Mungu 2012/03/15 14:34:47 (edited)
    Mungu
    +1
    more death to worthless feeders

I am Cthulu and I approve of this message
  • Hawkeye 2012/03/15 14:24:43
    Hawkeye
    +4
    Doesn't matter.. the progressive Movemnet is doing piecemeal what it FAILED to do as a Doctrine.. We stand by and do nothing but talk as they pass this Abortion agenda bit by bit behind closed doors..

We found out with Obamacare that THIS administration and the Democrats care not at all what the American people want or think..

If they don't get what they want THIS time they WILL down the line and WHY is THAT??

Because they CAN..
  • Ol'Dave 2012/03/15 14:02:54
    Ol'Dave
    +7
    I don't think I should be FORCED to pay for the LEGALIZED MURDER of the known consequences of adults sc******!
  • Flamingolady 2012/03/15 13:28:50
    Flamingolady
    +6
    WHY THE F&^& DOES THE GOVERNMENT WANT ANYONE TO KILL BABIES???? THIS IS A SUBHUMAN, LUNATIC LAW!!! IT SHOULD BE REPEALED NOW, AND WHEN WILL THESE OUTRAGES END? abort obama
  • socokid Flaming... 2012/03/15 14:06:20
    socokid
    +2
    Oh stop. Two seconds of research would have shown you that this was a lie:

http://www.politifact.com/tru...

This $1 addition is to force qualifired health providers to but aside at LEAST that much per person so that the government specifically DOESN'T pay for them! If you are against abortions, you definitely WANT this!

You people are absolutely incredible. One false blog post has you using fighting words to end a portion of a program that people like you definitely definitely want! That is beyond ignorance, that is downright insanity.
  • intoler... socokid 2012/03/15 14:24:08
    intolerantrwj
    +2
    ...... please explain why either the Gov't or a Insurance Provider is required to provide this service for the reckless ?

You are subscribing to the Unconstitutional BarryCare ?
  • socokid intoler... 2012/03/15 14:44:02
    socokid
    +2
    1. A qualified healthcare provider is not required to provide those services, and neither is the Federal Governmnet. It is as if you are choosing not to read, or something. The whole "at least $1 from every client" under QHPs that provide abortion services is a 100% pro-life addition. It penalizes QHPs that provide abortions! Even if their total abortion services for their clients comes out to less than $1 per person.. nope. Still have to pay at least $1. FU abortionists. That is how much we are NOT going to pay you.

You should be FIGHTING for this part of the bill, not posting nonsense that gets people to want it removed! I mean, this goes beyond the usual misinformation and half truths to fear monger, this is outright lunacy of the highest order. If there were ever an example of how wlling poeple are to swallow nonsnense, this is it. It actually got people frothing to end something they would most certainliy want!

Priceless!

2. My opinoin of the health care bill has nothing to do with this topic, or my post to you. Getting the facts straight was the purpose.
  • intoler... socokid 2012/03/15 14:52:43
    intolerantrwj
    +3
    ........ sorry, my entire point is that BarryCare is Unconstitutional and chatter over $ 1.00 Abortions or Mandatory Birth Control is merely that, chatter.

Why would I care if something is added / deleted from a Law that I view with disdain, passed by people I despise ?
  • socokid intoler... 2012/03/15 15:06:36
    socokid
    +2
    Different topic. If we are at least past the nonsense of this posted "question", then we are good here.
  • intoler... socokid 2012/03/15 15:08:47
    intolerantrwj
    +2
    ..... we're good friend .... it's the Bill that's my source of contention
  • Flaming... socokid 2012/03/16 03:50:14
    Flamingolady
    +2
    So, since you have no flair for the obvious, who exactly DOES pay the extra $1.00? And is it per month, which, well if ALL citizens are required to purchase BO care, let's see, approximately $275 million a month, equals three billion, three hundred thousand a year. (Of course, there will be exceptions, not yet revealed, that won't have to get the required health care.) Now do you get the picture, Einstein? And when, exactly did the government obtain the right to mandate any law pertaining to individual health care? And why would abortions have ANY place in the law? I am so sorry to barrage you with questions that are so obviously beyond your comprehension. Oh, one more question, you assume that I want this program, what exactly made you think I would want any part of BO care? You need to check yourself into an asylum, with the raving libatard lunatics.
  • socokid Flaming... 2012/03/16 13:48:03
    socokid
    Keep in mind, this whole $1 thing was created by an anti-abortionist. A staunch pro lifer. You WANT this in the bill. Just because you are having a hard time understanding the particulars does not change this reality.

who exactly DOES pay the extra $1.00?
    *sigh*

The one dollar (actually, it is at LEAST one dollar) is not "paid" by anyone in particular. It is the amount an insurance company that provides abortion services has to set aside from each premium payment. It has to set this aside so that our government doesn't pay for abortion services. They pay the OTHER parts of the premium. YOU WANT THIS SO WE DON'T PAY FOR ABORTIONS. Goodness gracious...

If you do not like that your QHP provides abortion services (yours probably does), then that is a different topic and has nothing to do with this discussion concerning the health care plan.

well if ALL citizens are required to purchase BO care, let's see, approximately $275 million a month
    No! It's as if you have done absolutely no research into this. You spent more time frothing than it would have taken you to figure this out for yourself, like a grown up.

It is not an EXTRA $1 dollar, and not everyone is involved. It is only an accounting move for QHPs that provide abortions specifically separate so you and I do not pay for them.

...

who exactly DOES pay the extra $1.00?
    *sigh*

And why would abortions have ANY place in the law?
    The only time is is mentioned, it specifically states how we AREN'T!

what exactly made you think I would want any part of BO care?
    Different topic. We are speaking of the lie regarding this "question".

You need to check yourself into an asylum, with the raving libatard lunatics.
    You need to put on your critical thinking cap, because you have lost it. You've spent an entire post complaining about something you most definitely want in this bill. If you merely have problems with the bill in its entirety, that is a different topic for a different thread. Changing topics will not work here. The $1 thing, is a good thing.
  • Flaming... socokid 2012/03/16 14:03:40
    Flamingolady
    +1
    Let's see, Einstein, the Insurance Company "sets aside" the dollar that the dollar fairy just gives them. Is my critical thinking hat on tight enough, yet, or do you need to blather on some more? Or are you just trying to get someone to rave one of your ravings, er, comments? photos of insane asylums
  • socokid Flaming... 2012/03/16 14:12:09
    socokid
    the Insurance Company "sets aside" the dollar that the dollar fairy just gives them.
    Of course not. That would be ridiculous, and also do not believe fairies exist, so...

It seems your beef is with insurance companies that provide abortion services. Take it up with them, not me, or our health care bill, because they have nothing to do with each other.

Lastly, are you just going to ignore my last post? Or, are you going to be a grown up, and understand that "if" this bill remains in place, you want that part of the bill to stay.

If not, you are being purposefully obtuse, and see no reason to continue this childish, fingers in your ears conversation.

Thanks!
  • Flaming... socokid 2012/03/16 14:16:29
    Flamingolady
    +1
    *sigh* Ignoring you, it seems, could become a full time job, since you like to blather so much. I was probably a grown up decades before you were even born, and do not need to explain my sarcasm or disdain to you. And please do go away and play with your dollar fairy.
  • socokid Flaming... 2012/03/16 14:25:01
    socokid
    LOL.

I'm 42 with 2 wonderful children. Your assumptions have no boundaries, it seems.

I will also take your rhetorical, vapid, derogatory rant for what it is, a classic sign of defensive childishness. You are purposefully not wanting to understand the information given to you. There is no response to that sort of mind...
  • Flaming... socokid 2012/03/16 15:53:22
    Flamingolady
    +1
    Well, I was right about ONE OTHER thing. I was a grown up 2 full decades before you. Am 63 with 3 wonderful children and 4 wonderful grand children. So please, go and play with your dollar fairy, and let your children choose what they want to play with.
  • Dee4mee 2012/03/15 13:11:43
    Dee4mee
    +4
    Abortions AND Birth Control? You play, YOU pay! Not me, not my neighbor! I didn't lay in your bed, so I shouldn't have to make it!!!!
  • chicago 2012/03/15 13:09:29
    chicago
    Yup
  • Brad # 2486547 2012/03/15 13:09:09
    Brad # 2486547
    +4
    Subsidized murder......how tragic.
  • Wahvlvke 2012/03/15 12:27:40
    Wahvlvke
    +8
    "You have to pass the bill to see what is in it". Welcome to the looney left dictatorship.
  • Space Invader 2012/03/15 12:02:00
    Other Thoughts!
    Space Invader
    +3
    vulgar; obscene man.....loves the death of innocents..monster comes to mind...
  • T101 2012/03/15 11:58:55
  • Franklin 2012/03/15 11:15:21
    Franklin
    +3
    I see all the ditto-head liberals are doing their best to pretend this is not true or false in some way – fact is they are ether to ignorant to understand any of what they are talking about -or- are very aware that this true but willing to help Obama pull this scam.
    FACTS about Obamacare : 1st abortion will be a mandatory part of ALL insurance policies 2nd All Americans must have insurance under the Obamacare law 3rd Fees paid by users will be used to pay for abortion services (to bypass the Hyde amendment that bans the use of public funds for abortion) .

Dance around all you want , the net result is that all Americans are now involved directly in providing and performing abortions
  • Nestofa... Franklin 2012/03/15 15:38:16
    Nestofasssps
    +1
    proof please
  • Kara ~~... Nestofa... 2012/03/16 06:10:52
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    +2
    Read the thread and you will find all the proof you need. Or, is that too much work?
  • Nestofa... Kara ~~... 2012/03/16 19:30:15
    Nestofasssps
    There is NOTHING in the actual bill talking about 1$ abortion coverage for everyone per month...Ive read the BILL. So please show me YOUR version, and lets compare...
  • Kara ~~... Nestofa... 2012/03/17 05:40:49
    Kara ~~~ American Patriot
    +1
    You find it. LOL I refuse to argue with you.
  • Nestofa... Kara ~~... 2012/03/17 07:47:17
    Nestofasssps
    yay that was easy, well done
  • Franklin Nestofa... 2012/03/16 11:46:50
    Franklin
    +1
    Proof ? How about you prove that this NEW law is not a new law....Obamacare FACTS : everyone must have health insurance / every healthcare plan MUST cover abortion / funds for abortion will be generated by charging anyone who pays for healthcare insurance . Only people who do not pay for health care insurance will not be paying for abortion, and even they will be able to get FREE abortions (covered under insurance both public and private)
    Obamacare kills the Hyde amendment and that is a FACT !
  • Nestofa... Franklin 2012/03/16 19:31:25 (edited)
    Nestofasssps
    section and line please, also the point of 1$ a month for everyone, its not its for people who want the coverage..NOT everyone...
    This is from the brief, NOT the bil
    the brief is far different to the fact
    PLUS...this is the actual wording in the "BREIF"
    (ii) Must estimate such costs as if such coverage were included for the entire population
    covered; and
    (iii) May not estimate such a cost at less than one dollar per enrollee, per month.

DO you seee the IF SUCH COVERAGE were included for the entire population??
  • jim 2012/03/15 10:02:15
    jim
    +1
    This is just the beginning of a parade of things coming out of that scam. They backloaded all the things that people would object to so they would emerge after the election.
    The latest is that Obama plans to increase the cost of healthcare for veterans.
    Obamacare itself is an abortion- of our healthcare system
  • gvc 2012/03/15 09:41:22 (edited)
    gvc
    +2
    We shouldn't be forced to pay for abortion period. I believe it is murder, and I will NEVER give a dime to assist ANYONE in murdering a child.
    Other Thoughts!
    +1
    Red herring much?
  • Watermusicranger 2012/03/15 09:00:58
    Watermusicranger
    +1
    Won't pay for a single abortion.
  • uninformedluddite 2012/03/15 08:45:38
    Other Thoughts!
    uninformedluddite
    +1
    Only if the taxpayer will also fund my drug habit
  • SassySalsera 2012/03/15 08:42:26
    Other Thoughts!
    SassySalsera
    +2
    Does anyone around here actually ever bother to read the source documents?! Sheesh. This blog you have linked is making things up out of thin air.

Here is the act: http://www.ofr.gov/OFRUpload/...
    It does not mention even one time any abortion premium. Just doing a word search on it there is never a mention of $1 or premium for abortion funding.

Here is a fact sheet regarding the INDIVIDUAL MANDATE/SUBSIDY which is just that at minimum, individuals are required to have a minium amount of coverage. https://www.bcbsri.com/BCBSRI...

There is already a religious conscious exemption.

The Hyde Amendment ALREADY prevents government funds from being used for abortion except in case of rape, incest or if the woman is in danger of death: http://www.opencongress.org/b...

2014/09/18 09:39:21