Are You More Likely or Less Likely to Support Concealed Carry Laws in Your State?

Daryl 2012/07/20 19:01:43
Related Topics: Concealed Carry

Are you more likely or less likely to support Concealed Carry Laws in your state?

Read More: http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_rec...

• Daryl 2012/07/20 19:03:32
    I am MORE likely to support Concealed Carry Laws in my state
    Daryl
    +43
    Self-defense is a God given right.

I blame ONLY the shooter in Colorado. Not Rush Limbaugh, not Barack Obama and not dreamed-up ties to the Tea Party.

I find it notable to mention Colorado is the only state in the rockies where I CANNOT legally carry nor can ANY non-resident.

http://www.usacarry.com/conce...

• lucky 2012/08/10 16:51:58 (edited)
    lucky
    Punish those who abuse the right to bare arms not those who dont.
  • Atlas 2012/08/08 15:21:11
    Atlas
    Far more likely.

The more individuals armed the fewer defenseless casualties ensue.
  • Charles Braley 2012/07/29 16:15:18
    Charles Braley
    Michigan has it already ......... and I am PROUD supporter iof it!
  • Ms. Texas 2012/07/26 00:59:38
    Ms. Texas
    I've been doing it for years, so no change, really.
  • Bill 2012/07/24 19:54:52
    Bill
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
    "I would say that the president's views on this are as he has stated and as he spelled out in the op-ed that was published in an Arizona newspaper," said Carney, "which is that he believes we need to take steps that protect Second Amendment rights of the American people but that ensure that we are not allowing weapons into the hands of individuals who should not, by existing law, obtain those weapons."

"The president's view is that we can take steps to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them under existing law," he added later. "And that's his focus right now.""I would say that the president's views on this are as he has stated and as he spelled out in the op-ed that was published in an Arizona newspaper," said Carney, "which is that he believes we need to take steps that protect Second Amendment rights of the American people but that ensure that we are not allowing weapons into the hands of individuals who should not, by existing law, obtain those weapons."

"The president's view is that we can take steps to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them under existing law," he added later. "And that's his focus right now."

HOORAY! Obama say absolutely NOTHING once again.
  • Jessie M 2012/07/24 16:04:30
    Jessie M
  • ~Adrien~ 2012/07/24 15:56:06
    ~Adrien~
    IL does not have Concealed Carry and Chicago has the highest crime rate in the nation. When you try to outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns. if more sane people
  • pliddell 2012/07/24 02:14:52
    pliddell
    First and foremost I hope that justice prevails and the families of the victims are able to someday find a closure as I don't think there will ever be a 'reason' that this horrible incident ever happened. In saying that, I would have voted the same way even before this tragedy.
    My son recently came home from Afghanistan where he carried 2 if not 3 types of weapons on him at all times. He felt extremely vulnerable without them. He bought a pistol the 2nd day he was home and open carried everywhere with the exception of the places that were prohibited (i.e. federal buildings, hospitals, etc.).
    Granted we live in Montana and to see a holstered weapon isn't all that unlikely. But I can guarantee you that out of all the people out there who were likely to be a target of a crime I was not one of them while walking next to him.
    My feelings on 'concealed' is that the average person who is going to go to the lengths to purchase a weapon, and become a registered concealed carrier is doing so for protection reasons only. The person with a deranged or evil agenda is the one that will use it to harm others and IF there was no 'concealed' weapons option out there do you honestly think that would deter them? (sadly .... there are people out there that actually believe it would... *sigh* )
  • Marlene Wilkins 2012/07/23 23:27:02
    Marlene Wilkins
    I live in Canada, and my answer with regards to CCW is 'YES' in Canada.
    In the USA...more folks with guns = less crime. Proven fact.
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/07/23 22:02:43
    I am LESS likely to support Concealed Carry Laws in my state
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    I don't feel that concealed carry is the answer. I can only imagine the chaos had more people been carrying weapons, with many people brandishing guns, how could one tell who was the shooter and who wasn't? Not to mention the confusion it would cause for first response teams.
  • Man_Bea... Melicio... 2012/07/24 00:21:02
    Man_Bear_Pig
    Everyone would know who the terrorist was because he's the one with four assault rifles in a gas mask.
  • Melicio... Man_Bea... 2012/07/24 00:22:38
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    Okay. So how do you keep people trying to escape from getting in the way and hit with a stray bullet? Or ricochet, or people in the other theaters? Or people in costumes being shot by mistake?
  • TimothyBrianFoley 2012/07/23 18:59:06
    TimothyBrianFoley
    we are non belivers in violence in IOWA people don't carry guns here they would find gunowners easily
  • pliddell Timothy... 2012/07/24 02:18:26
    pliddell
    without sounding like I'm challenging your reply...but what does "we are non beievers in violence" mean? Something tells me I'm reading it wrong....
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/07/23 18:24:32
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +2
    It just doesn't get old for me, "Armed we are citizens, Unarmed we are subjects."
  • Its Me, Joel 2012/07/23 18:24:07
    Its Me, Joel
    +1
    Hunters would NOT shoot at ducks...IF...the Ducks could shoot back!
    More Law abiding people need to carry weapons!
    The criminals ARE carrying guns now as they do NOT care about the law
  • LastRanger 2012/07/23 17:57:38
    LastRanger
    +1
    Read the article at the attached link. Then compare this towns murder rate with that of , , oh … let’s say . . Chicago or DC.
    I actually remember when this town passed the ordinance requiring heads of household to ‘maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.’ Yes, I am that old.
    I have carried a hand gun since 1977. I have never had to use it. Additionally, my firearm has never jumped out of its holster to do harm to anyone.
    Analyst, Ph.D.

http://politicaloutcast.com/2...
  • LWS 2012/07/23 17:35:36
    LWS
    That's Right Protect Yourself!
  • tobe 2012/07/23 17:09:21
    tobe
    +1
    and plan on making some purchases for just incase the law does change in the future... Im not shot because I didn't have a way to defend myself.
  • BrianD3 2012/07/23 16:34:57
    BrianD3
    +1
    if people in that theater had concealed weapons, less people might have been killed and we might have been spared the expense of treating/prosecuiting/executing the criminal
  • Melicio... BrianD3 2012/07/23 22:04:04
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +6
    Really? If people starting pulling out guns, in the panic how would you know who was good and who was bad? How would the police know? I think this would create even more confusion.
  • BrianD3 Melicio... 2012/07/23 22:11:28
    BrianD3
    if one solid citizen was able to keep his calm and take this guy out, who knows how many would have been spared injury or death?

If the punk knew there was a reasonable chance that the crown contained some armed citizens, he might be less likely to engage in such destructive behavior.
  • Melicio... BrianD3 2012/07/24 00:07:14
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +5
    You don't know that it would deter him. Chances are, he wouldn't have cared.

As for one solid citizen, that is a really big if, and the potential to be even more of a disaster. And again.. for the police and first responders, what do they do when so many people have guns?
  • BrianD3 Melicio... 2012/07/24 00:10:03
    BrianD3
    the first respondents never made it into the cinema, the kid was arrested outside.

if people in the theater had guns, that kid would never had made it outside
  • Melicio... BrianD3 2012/07/24 00:13:44
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +7
    Chances are, other people might not have either. If multiple people are wielding and firing guns, how do you know who to shoot at?

Can you also ensure that you would only hit the gunman, and nobody would be caught in the cross fire, or ricochet, especially given the mass panic?
  • BrianD3 Melicio... 2012/07/24 00:17:12
    BrianD3
    +1
    the idiot in body armor spraying the crowd looks like a good target to me
  • Melicio... BrianD3 2012/07/24 00:21:18
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +6
    Okay, and if other people were dressed up like Bane, which is known to happen at midnight premiers?

And you cannot say for certain that an innocent person would not get in the way while trying get away, or be hit by a stray bullet, especially with multiple people firing off guns.
  • BrianD3 Melicio... 2012/07/24 00:23:33
    BrianD3
    so? say an innocent does get shot? how many did the kid shoot? If a person could take him out and even if there are casualties, so what?
  • Melicio... BrianD3 2012/07/24 00:26:22
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +6
    Wow. I can't believe you just wrote that. With that attitude what makes you better than him? You're not saving people, you're adding to the body count.

Don't bother responding, my disgust level is at it's topping point.
  • BrianD3 BrianD3 2012/07/24 00:30:31
    BrianD3
    ok since I am now blocked let me address the lady below. As a vet, I am accustomed to the idea of friendly fire incidents and the confusion of being in the middle of events that are too much to understand immediately. That does not excuse people from taking action and trying to do what is right..
  • pliddell BrianD3 2012/07/24 02:31:15
    pliddell
    +2
    First, thank you for your service....Second, I 'get' the point you were making...and to some that may seem cold and crass but coming from the military it's the reality of the theatre. In saying that it makes me ponder on the fact that even though I know the directions Melicious is headed and makes some valid arguments.
    However the cold hard fact is that IF I go anywhere, whether it be to the grocery store or on vacation I have a RIGHT to protect myself from evil and deranged people. You take that RIGHT away from me then we all become sitting ducks for every crazed individual. As it stands now...I have a fighting chance if I or someone else exercises the RIGHT to bear arms. Sadly there will always be lunatics and fanatics...throughout time that hasn't changed. Taking away the ability to protect ourselves from them won't make fewer of them...no matter how much you want to believe that....
  • BongRipper BrianD3 2012/07/24 14:29:28
  • BrianD3 BongRipper 2012/07/25 18:01:28
    BrianD3
    the poll asked if I would more likely or less likely to support concealed weapons and my answer was entirely appropriate to the question.
  • Mary Ann 2012/07/23 16:20:59
    Mary Ann
    +3
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
  • JakeJ277 2012/07/23 16:17:53
    JakeJ277
    +2
    Although I don't think we need to have a special piece of paper to allow us to do what we are, by nature of being American, already allowed to do. Idealisically, everyone would be armed and carry openly. That said, anyone who had crazy ideas about robbing a store, shooting up a general public event, etc. would think twice about their decision on the front end knowing their success rate would be fairly limited. Also, if everyone owned guns, it would eliminate the percentage of Americans who find them to be taboo. When you really break it down, a gun is just a tool. The guns aren't killing people. Other people are killing people and they're just using the most efficient tool to do it. If there is a weapon available to one human it has to be available to all. I.e. if the police can carry them so must the general population. Otherwise human corruption will lead to entrapment and enslavement.
  • mal 2012/07/23 16:16:18
    mal
    +1
    never bring a knife to a gunfight
  • Patric 2012/07/23 16:14:57
    Patric
    +3
    when seconds count ,, the police are only minutes away..

the police have no legal responsibility to protect you, the police carry firearms to protect themselves...

I have a responsibility to protect my family and my self..

I carry a gun,
  • JakeJ277 Patric 2012/07/23 16:18:39
    JakeJ277
    +1
    Could not have said that better if I tried.
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/07/23 16:10:53
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    yes, in the state of affairs these days I sure do support the right to carry a weapon and to use that weapon if you feel that your life is being threatened by attackers or helping someone being attacked. gun hosters
  • DUGGINS 2012/07/23 15:50:08
    DUGGINS
    +2
    Did you ever notice the Brady bunch trying to ban handguns only came about because one of the political class was shot by a assasin. Any state that has no carry gun laws is mostly where these shootings occur, this must be the 5th or 6th time a shooting by some
    lunitic has taken place. If someone had a carry permit in that theater the shooter would have been shot and lives would have been saved. This latest incident sounds fishy to me
    personally, how could a person get so much equipment that is very hard to purchase by an ordinary citizen who didn't have the sufficent funds to but what he had in his posession?
    Beware of the gun control fanatics in the UN that are trying to have a global gun ban, and some of our political figures that go along with the UN, can anbody say Global World order and Control?

2014/08/31 02:40:15