Are You Interested in the iPad Mini?

Tech 2012/05/17 19:00:00
Is the iPhone a little too small for your taste? Maybe the iPad is just a bit too big? Have no fear, Apple's got you covered. Business Insider reports that an iPad Mini could be on the way -- and soon. It's just a rumor for now, and it's been circulating for months, but this time the sources are apparently more credible. The iPad Mini would have a 7.85" screen compared to the iPhone's 3.5" and the iPad's 9.7".

Rumor has it that the Mini is slated to be released as early as this fall, and is be expected to fall in the $200-$250 price range. That's considerably less than expected, and about the same price as the iPhone 4S. It's also expected to have the same pixel dimensions as the iPad, which means the display will be comparable to the 4S retina display. Are you interested in the iPad Mini yet?

• Dan™: R... Karl 2012/05/19 19:34:37
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +1
    But they're doing more than that. This is still just nothing but a rumor anyway.
  • Karl Dan™: R... 2012/05/20 01:34:36
    Karl
    +1
    And this is why I should stop just skimming articles...
  • Justina Jackson 2012/05/18 23:00:45
    Justina Jackson
    +4
    isnt that just another ipod?!
  • Dan™: R... Justina... 2012/05/19 00:23:11
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +4
    Pretty much.
  • k fleming 2012/05/18 22:50:06
    k fleming
    +4
    I just don't like IOS. Android is much more flexible for me.
  • SoLongFairLady 2012/05/18 22:34:04
    SoLongFairLady
    +5
    Wouldnt that be like a Ipod? Apple get a grip come up with something epic.. Holographic ipads
  • eliotbatchelor 2012/05/18 22:26:08
    eliotbatchelor
    +3
    Great idea I think, for those of us who can't afford the 'traditional' iPad.
  • Howling Hank 2012/05/18 22:11:57
    Howling Hank
    +13
    Isn't an a iPad mini just an iPod maxi?
  • Dan™: R... Howling... 2012/05/19 00:25:09
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +7
    Yep. And an iPod is just an iPhone without the phone features. That's why I haven't purchased an iPad, because I've already got the full featured iPhone 4GS. Not sure why I'd want to downgrade to an iPod/iPad.
  • FlyAway Howling... 2012/06/29 21:55:00
    FlyAway
    You just read my mind
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/05/18 22:09:22
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +5
    i still haven't gotten an ipad yet; so i don't really need an upgrade
  • Dyonus 2012/05/18 21:52:31
    Dyonus
    +4
    I have one...it's called an iPod touch.
  • begee 2012/05/18 21:51:47
    begee
    +2
    come on I candy 20 million makes it not interesting boring......................
  • Ardwin_Viesheight 2012/05/18 21:49:53
    Ardwin_Viesheight
    +3
    Don't they already have that? (iPod Touch).
  • Izzy 2012/05/18 21:23:51
    Izzy
    +3
    So...an iPhone?
  • ~Adrien~ 2012/05/18 21:17:50
    ~Adrien~
    +2
    Not an Apple fan anyway. . . but it's frustrating trying to keep up with electronics in general these days. As soon as you think you have the lastest, greatest, updated gadget, they turn around and come out with something better. . .
  • Bibliop... ~Adrien~ 2012/05/19 18:17:35 (edited)
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    Just stop caring. Other people wave their shiny macbook air around, but I'm still content with my macbook pro.
  • IronOx 2012/05/18 21:15:18
    IronOx
    +3
    Got an iPad, don't need a mini
  • Chelsea 2012/05/18 21:08:41
  • Say_wut_o_O 2012/05/18 20:54:44
    Say_wut_o_O
    +3
    I already have an iPad...
  • boltfox20 2012/05/18 20:48:30
    boltfox20
    +4
    Seriously, do I have to start a petition or something to get you to have a third option? Some people don't know if they are interested in it or not due to a lack of the information they're looking for. START ADDING THIRD OPTIONS!!!

On Topic:

The iPad Mini definitely looks like what I've been waiting for. While I would love to have an iPad, the thing is far too expensive. This Mini might actually be affordable. If it can o everything the iPad can, then it's definitely worth it. After wasting my money on other tablet computers, I'm definitely ready to try something that works.
  • Ashlea boltfox20 2012/05/18 21:16:19
    Ashlea
    +2
    When you don't know, don't vote. Easy. Sorry if I sound rude, people who say this always annoy me! Otherwise I completely agree with your post :)
  • boltfox20 Ashlea 2012/05/18 21:22:58
    boltfox20
    +3
    That would be fine and all, if they could comment while not voting. They can't do that. As such, they are missing out on a lot of opinion because that is exactly what people do. Either they pick an option that seems closest to their view and they say they're neither, or they simply don't vote and don't respond, which loses their input entirely.

Simply by adding a third option, SodaHead will gain significantly more data, which is what they claim to be all about. Even if it is a facade put in place to repeat articles from other websites without getting sued, they should at least make the effort to keep it up.
  • Ashlea boltfox20 2012/05/24 07:52:08
    Ashlea
    Fair point, I hadn't thought of that. However, there are a lot of people who just vote and then say "I don't know" or "Undecided" with no further comment other than "There should be an undecided or other button". These are the people I meant.
  • boltfox20 Ashlea 2012/05/24 14:05:35
    boltfox20
    There are people that do that with the two given choices as well. No point in bringing them up, really. =\
  • Karl Ashlea 2012/05/18 23:21:16
    Karl
    +3
    What? You don't remember the "Undecided" or "Other" button? Those were there for a reason.
  • Dan™: R... boltfox20 2012/05/19 00:30:17
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +4
    I've got a friend who purchased a couple "other" tablets: an ASUS tablet and a Samsung tablet. He's been pretty frustrated by the poor quality and he wants an iPad badly. Even though I've never purchased an iPad myself (nor do I plan to, since my iPhone meets all my needs already), a lot of people I know have and they love them.

Apple's motto: "It just works."
  • boltfox20 Dan™: R... 2012/05/19 09:42:33
    boltfox20
    +2
    Yeah, I was given a tablet computer from eBay (First warning sign) that had the latest Android OS on it. In fact, that was the very reason that particular tablet was gotten for me, it was the only one they could find within their price range that had the latest OS.

When I got the tablet (appropriately named Ainol) the entire box was in Korean (Second warning sign). It didn't matter that much, however, as the actual tablet was in english, though with some Korean apps. Still, I was determined to give it my best and see what it could do.

I already figured some of the apps might not work as it was the latest OS. Sometimes it takes a while for the apps to catch up. However, I was noticing an awful lot of apps were not compatible (Third warning sign). So I decided to look into this, see if maybe it would be fixed soon. Turns out, it was not the OS that was at fault. All of the old apps work great on ICS. Nope, it was the processor, of all things, that prevents the apps from working. My tablet has one type, pretty much all apps work on the other.

So, I now have a $100 brick. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. It can play music and browse YouTube, but I never use the thing. The guy who gave it to me has bought several other tablets, all for about $70 a piece, and none of them are eve...

So, I now have a $100 brick. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration. It can play music and browse YouTube, but I never use the thing. The guy who gave it to me has bought several other tablets, all for about $70 a piece, and none of them are ever used, either. They just aren't high enough quality or have a late enough OS to do most things. I told him before hand that he should just buy one iPad, something he would know works, but he ignored that. Now he's got bricks for the same price. -_-

Needless to say, I can't wait for this mini to come out.
  • Dan™: R... boltfox20 2012/05/19 14:45:02 (edited)
    Dan™: Real Change, Not False Hope
    +2
    In my own experience, the real difference between Apple products and pretty much anything else is the level of support at both the hardware level and software level, the seamless integration of all aspects of the end user experience. When you buy an app from the Apple App store, you know it will work. You know that any bugs will be rapidly fixed. You know that any bugs in the OS will also be rapidly fixed and that new OS versions with new & enhanced features will be regularly offered. It gets to the point where you're perpetually excited to see what they're going release next. It's almost like Christmas every day. This probably sounds goofy, but one of the first things I do every day when I'm waking up and drinking my coffee and reading the newspaper is to check the App store on my iPhone to see if any of my Apps have updates.
  • boltfox20 Dan™: R... 2012/05/19 17:36:39
    boltfox20
    +1
    Hey, if they work and only get better, I completely understand ^_^
  • IceSilverCrystal84 2012/05/18 19:45:23
    IceSilverCrystal84
    +2
    Very much so, yes! Why, you giving one away? LOL
  • Cookielane 2012/05/18 19:14:26
    Cookielane
    +2
    I love my iPad. A small one to carry in my purse would be a wicked indulgence, but I'm intrigued.
  • Shadow_Wolf 2012/05/18 19:05:31
    Shadow_Wolf
    +3
    That's so stupid
  • CMR 2012/05/18 19:04:22
    CMR
    +1
    Could end up killing both kindle fire and nook tablet...
  • RoboDad 2012/05/18 18:48:16
    RoboDad
    +1
    I love my iPhone and iPad (typing this on my iPad now), but there are times when a tablet somewhere in the middle would be much more convenient.
  • Nate Hubert 2012/05/18 18:43:06
    Nate Hubert
    +1
    Maybe once tablets can do everything a laptop can, just as well as a laptop can, I might buy one. But until then, I think I'll stick to my laptop, smartphone and iPod combo. I've gotten along just fine with them to this point; I think I can make it at least a few more years.
  • Thomas Rea: Gay Christian A... 2012/05/18 18:41:44
    Thomas Rea: Gay Christian Advocate
    +1
    I enjoy my Ipod touch
  • Lanikai 2012/05/18 18:17:01
    +1
    Hubby has an Ipad and I hate it. i like my nice, large screen, easy to use laptop.
  • TheMayor 2012/05/18 18:16:29
    TheMayor
    +4
    no thanks, I will stick with the original i-pencil.
  • Ahlana 2012/05/18 18:11:50
    Ahlana
    +2
    They should start calling the regular Ipad the "Ipad Maxi" if they are going to have a mini now...

2014/12/20 07:15:35