ARE YOU IN FAVOR OF "THE BUFFETT RULE"?

Drue-AFCL 2012/04/10 22:05:33

• DuncanONeil 2012/04/10 22:09:23
    NO
    DuncanONeil
    +9
    It's all smoke & mirrors!

If Buffet wants to pay more tax fill out a 1040 and take no deductions!

• kmay 2012/04/14 13:38:43
    NO
    kmay
    TORT REFORM - CLOSE THE TAX CODE LOOPHOLES!
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/04/11 14:38:29
    NO
    Swampdog PWCM
    Anyone who votes to increase their taxes is STUPID! Millionaires create jobs, why punish them for being smart.
  • Bill 2012/04/11 13:49:44
    NO
    Bill
    +1
    Hell, NO. Obama is stupid. He knows the difference between federal income taxes and capital gains taxes. Another ploy to play on those that don't know the difference.
  • Gordon 2012/04/11 12:02:17
    YES
    Gordon
    Those who benefit the most from our economic system, should pay the highest rate of income taxes.
  • Bill Gordon 2012/04/11 13:53:16
    Bill
    First, read up on the issue. Learn about the difference between federal income taxes and capital gains taxes. There is a reason capital gains is taxed at a lower rate. After you get the information and an understanding come back and modify your answer.
  • Swampdo... Bill 2012/04/11 14:43:47
    Swampdog PWCM
    The capital gains tax is double taxing, when I invest, i use my after taxed income, why should I pay an additional tax on investments that have already been taxed? Get rid of the capital gains tax.
  • Bill Swampdo... 2012/04/11 15:04:11
    Bill
    +1
    I see the problem and I would love to get rid of it. However, since it exists along side the fed tax, there is a reason for it being at a lower rate than the fed rate. Buffett's secretary pays a higher rate not because she makes less money than him but because she does not file for capital gains income. People, nor Obama, seem to understand that.
  • Swampdo... Bill 2012/04/11 16:56:31
    Swampdog PWCM
    I concur.
  • Gordon Bill 2012/04/11 16:41:58
    Gordon
    My wife and I got soaked on capital gains taxes. But, we don't have the loopholes afforded to the wealthy and influential.
  • Bill Gordon 2012/04/11 18:36:15
    Bill
    {My wife and I got soaked on capital gains taxes.}
    Capital gains is currently taxed at 15% so you're paying the same as Buffett.
    {But, we don't have the loopholes afforded to the wealthy and influential.}
    You can thank the Congress for that. If you can't find the loopholes that the rich find, it's not the fault of the rich. It's not that they are afforded the loopholes because they are rich but that they, perhaps, have better CPA's and tax attorneys. Look harder for the loopholes. They may be "afforded" to you under the law. If not, don't blame the rich. (I am not rich.)
  • Swampdo... Gordon 2012/04/11 14:40:40
    Swampdog PWCM
    So the welfare breeders should pay the most?
  • Don 2012/04/11 10:40:00
    NO
    Don
    It's BS.
    It's class warfare and has 0 impact on the deficit. The Govt spends more in 1 day than this soak the rich tax brings in.
    YES
    AND eliminate just about every loophole that business has. I'd even be willing to give up the home interest deduction if
  • Bill sjalan 2012/04/11 13:53:59
    Bill
    Ah, you like the Ryan plan.
  • sjalan Bill 2012/04/11 16:14:27
    NOT AT ALL. The tax REDUCTION given to the rich is a major stumbling block since it is a direct credit something I'm say should be elimiated entirely.
  • Link 2012/04/11 02:46:24
    YES
    Link
    eerrr... no....maybe... could be? I have listen or read some of Buffett's material and agree with a good pertion of it.. is this one of those I agree with?

Wouldn't it help us if, when you post things, add a link to explain what the hell you're talking about, or add factual and easy to follow text to explain it?
  • socokid 2012/04/11 02:40:13
    YES
    socokid
    So do most Americans.

However, we all also realize the GOP would never allow it to pass.
  • Bill socokid 2012/04/11 13:55:11
    Bill
    1) That's a bad thing.
    2) That's a good thing.
  • santa6642 2012/04/11 02:31:13
    NO
    santa6642
    He is an idiot, Rich beyound your wildest dreams but never the less an idiot.
  • Pet Rock Whisperer 2012/04/11 02:29:19
    NO
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    I think that Buffet rules!
  • Radical 1s1am1st 2012/04/11 02:28:34
    YES
    Radical 1s1am1st
  • Bill Radical... 2012/04/11 13:56:07
    Bill
    And you don't even know why.
  • Radical... Bill 2012/04/11 19:21:19
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/04/11 02:22:20
    YES
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +2
    Sounds right to me.
  • cynsity 2012/04/11 02:04:42
    NO
    cynsity
    +1
    The claims by Buffet that he pays less than his sec... that's a flat out LIE... he pays FAR MORE when he pays based on his INCOME... but because what he is telling everyone or rather NOT telling everyone, that he pays LESS ONLY on his investment income he's got everyone's panties in wad.... if the tax on investments goes up you can rest assured people will stop investing and the next new "microsoft" or "apple" or "facebook" will never get backing and therefore never be.
    if you want NEW jobs in this country you must incourage people NOT GOVERNMENT to invest in start ups and teh incentive is a way to make money and have that money which has already been taxed once be taxed again at a lower rate.
    Or you could just go with fairtax and let teh rich really pay their "fair share" while teh not rich get over everytime.
    http://cynsitywriting.blogspo...
  • Bill cynsity 2012/04/11 19:53:54
    Bill
    The shame, absolute shame, of this is that Obama KNOWS it. (So does Buffett.) He is relying on either stupid or ignorant people (or both) to become enraged and vote for him. Get that Obama stash. Get that Obama cash. Everything is free. Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, EVERYTHING is free at last. MLK would vomit.
  • Cthulhu 2012/04/11 01:51:33
    YES
    Cthulhu
    +1
    I'm a Buffett fan even.
  • Snowball 2012/04/11 01:24:22
    NO
    Snowball
    Watch the stock market and all the IRA's and investment/retirement plans take a dive when everyone cashes out before it kicks in- then watch the stock market take years to move up b/c it'll be like housing, you can't give low mortgages away. Right now I don't think I want to buy another damn coca-cola from CEO warren buffet who buy the way has a huge spat w/ the IRS b/c he didn't want to pay the taxes he does owe. He, like the jobs advisor of GE, like Jon Corzine of M & F Global- all sought after for advice by Obama. When are people going to see that even if Mitt Romney had a 80% success rate at turning around companies, it sure shows he has a lot more knowledge about how the economy works than Obama- who couldn't even put together a market research team to tell him even his rich dem supporters weren't going to buy his stuff and create a market for his ideas to be a success. I say unless you buy a Volt, and put American made solar panels on your house, you have NO business voting for Obama.
  • Duke----The Non Racist, Fun... 2012/04/11 01:19:15
    NO
    Duke----The Non Racist, Funny Duke !
    But I do like a lot of Jimmy Buffett's song and this one would go good for all those rich mother's...
  • Raymond Allamby 2012/04/11 01:02:39
    YES
    Raymond Allamby
    +1
    of course i am. the rich have been getting away with murder, enriching themselves on the backs of the middle class and poor. about damn time they started chipping in again.
  • Bill Raymond... 2012/04/11 13:57:01
    Bill
    They don't chip in now?
  • Raymond... Bill 2012/04/11 14:25:47
    Raymond Allamby
    not to the degree they should. no millionaire should be allowed to pay a smaller percentage of taxes, than someone on unemployment, or making minimum wage.
  • Bill Raymond... 2012/04/11 15:11:32 (edited)
    Bill
    Where do they pay that federal income tax? The bottom 50% pay 3% of federal income tax. The rich don't pay a smaller percentage.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes...
    The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid 40.42 percent of total federal income taxes in 2007, according to the most recent data from the Internal Revenue Service.

This represents the second year in a row that the richest 1 percent paid more in federal income taxes than the bottom 95 percent (not, however, the bottom 99 percent). This was noted in a blog post from the Tax Foundation, an organization that promotes lower tax rates.

http://www.heritage.org/budge...
    The Top 10 Percent of Earners Paid 70 Percent of Federal Income Taxes

Top earners are the target for new tax increases, but the U.S. tax system is already highly progressive. The top 1 percent of income earners paid 38 percent of all federal income taxes in 2008, while the bottom 50 percent paid only 3 percent. Forty-nine percent of U.S. households paid no federal income tax at all.
  • Raymond... Bill 2012/04/12 00:18:51
    Raymond Allamby
    the rich pay an average of 18% of their income. the poor and middle class pay 35 percentheir incomes. in essence, the poor and middle class take a much greater hit in their pockets than the rich. you are trying to cloud the issue with fox talking points, and my patience with you is at an end.
  • Bill Bill 2012/04/12 12:34:15 (edited)
    Bill
    Hi Ray. Since you BLOCKED me I guess I will have to reply to myself. In this way, I can have an open and democratic dialogue with myself and you will have to be excluded, directly, from my replies. It's great when a plan comes together.

{the rich pay an average of 18% of their income. the poor and middle class pay 35 percentheir incomes.}
    What an intelligent reply but the CBO disagrees with you.

FROM THE CBO (that's the Congressional Budget Office, Ray)
    http://factreal.wordpress.com...

From the Huffington Post (that bastion of conservatism)...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
    On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.
    The 10 percent of households with the highest incomes pay more than half of all federal taxes. They pay more than 70 percent of federal income taxes, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011...
    Who pays all of these taxes? The best information on that comes from the Congressional Budget Office, which has tracked the tax burden for many years. The most recent complete data cover 2007. CBO figured in t...

http://factreal.wordpress.com...
    RichPayMoreTaxes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

http://www.factcheck.org/2011...
    Who pays all of these taxes? The best information on that comes from the Congressional Budget Office, which has tracked the tax burden for many years. The most recent complete data cover 2007. CBO figured in that year MORE THAN HALF of all federal taxes was paid by the top 10 percent of income earners. They PAID 55 PERCENT OF ALL federal taxes in 2007, CBO said.
  • Chanch 2012/04/11 00:54:03
    NO
    Chanch
    Flat tax !! Everybody pays a flat percentage for the number of dependents they have. Taken from check weekly. With PROOF of dependents. The Mexicans would claim 26 kids and pay no tax if we didn't ask for proof ! Then we could clear the national debt by firing the entire IRS. Wouldn't be a need for them then.
  • carri byers 2012/04/11 00:51:22 (edited)
    NO
    carri byers
    +2
    Buffet, and his oh so offended cronies who think it's atrocious that the rich pay a lower tax rate than some middle class income earners, always have the option of paying more taxes if they wish. Others who are making over a million a year might want to keep THEIR money and use it to build their business, fuel the economy and actually help others find their path to the American dream. The only thing keeping investment and job growth stagnant today is the fear of Obamacare and what it will do to small to medium sized businesses and the regulatory monstrosity of the mammoth DHS after full implementation occurs.

Let people keep what they make and reinvest it instead of taxing it out from under them or regulating the profit margin to -0-. GET GOVT OUT OF PRIVATE ENTERPRISE~!~!
  • COCO carri b... 2012/04/11 02:14:27
  • VoteOut 2012/04/11 00:10:47
    NO
    VoteOut
    +1
    Buffet is not in favor of the buffet rule. Besides what is the point of it
  • goatman112003 2012/04/10 23:54:45
    NO
    goatman112003
    Not the way he's peddling it. You get Buffett's endorsement by giving contracts and forcing the oil to use a railroad which Buffett owns so he makes more.

2014/10/21 18:27:20