Are you in favor of or opposed to Gun Control?

Drue-AFCL 2012/12/14 18:47:39
Related Topics: Gun Control, Gun

• WinterHawk 2012/12/31 19:33:50
    Opposed to
    WinterHawk
    Gun control means USE BOTH HANDS
  • DutchHeretic Native non-Ame... 2012/12/25 17:52:20
    In favor of
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    gun control works

people killed in school shootings:

USA (no gun control) 323 casualties
    versus
    Great Britain (with gun control) 0 (zero) casualties

gun control wins
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/12/20 04:44:17
    In favor of
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    +1
    Lol....what part of we currently have it are people missing? The real question is "why is our government not enforcing the laws already in place?

Why is it I smell more "We need to currently show we are saving you from your selves" politics afoot?
  • plmbrby49 2012/12/20 03:56:42
    Opposed to
    plmbrby49
    +1
    I believe if you commit a crime useing a firearm you are sentenced to life without parole , that actually means a minimum sentence of 35 years maximum security prison . I believe if you are a gun owner and your guns are stolen and it can be proven you were irresponsible in the securement of your firearms and that firearm was later used to commit a crime you will also bear at least in some small part a responsibility for that crime . I believe that only licensed firearm owners should be allowed to purchase ammunition . If you take a life with a firearm and dont immediatly blow your own brains out you will be dealt with swiftly, harshly and with extream and undeniable prejudice .
  • captainquiggle 2012/12/19 21:33:42
    In favor of
    captainquiggle
    You can't have gun violence without guns. Why do people want to even argue that?
  • wcake 2012/12/19 06:08:12
    wcake
    I am opposed to the whole portion of gun control law; only favor for a new idea of small portion of gun control to give its penalty or fine for anyone's related to the person's holding of gun, when knowing the person's unstable, and not reporting it. It would be like a having a child molestor living in a trailer with someone relative while children run around nearby- That relative knowing about the person's mentally unstable and ought to be responsible for too.. But once again, many irresponsible ones tend to ingore the laws even the banned kind of guns ones that been already in effect for a long time, and it does not help it.

This shooter's mother happened to be a gun enthuist, and knowing to that her son had emotional problems, and development disabilities living with her, and in that enviornment, She shall given up not having the guns in the house in the first place to reduce the risk and the chances to be hurt and hurt the others. She enbaled every chances to her son with problems with her gun collection.
  • John Hall 2012/12/19 05:37:30
    Opposed to
    John Hall
    +1
    Take the right's away from law abiding citizen's and you give criminal's more of the advantage .
  • michael 2012/12/19 02:41:38
    Opposed to
    michael
    +1
    Criminals prefer unarmed victims. You will never see someone walk into a school where every other teacher is armed and trained. And if they obliged to do so, the victims wouldn't be defenseless.
  • captain... michael 2012/12/19 21:35:19
    captainquiggle
    Really? Like nobody would walk into the largest military base in the country and kill 13 and wound 29 others all by himself? What? That happened at FORT HOOD.

How do you explain that? You just said that nobody would walk into a place where people are armed and start shooting. I just poked a hole in your theory. Keep trying, though.
  • bucaneropr captain... 2012/12/20 05:09:05
    bucaneropr
    Your comment lacks merit due to the fact that there is a gun ban in every military bases and no one is allowed to carry a privately owned firearm and all the military weapons are locked inside armories. Hasan took advantage and he brought his guns and opened fire to unarmed soldiers and is because is easy to kill where there is no way to be shot back. And NBC the way. The Fort Hood massacre is a terrorist attact because it was an al Qaeda coordinated attack.
  • captain... bucaneropr 2012/12/20 12:52:00
    captainquiggle
    I think you have an idea that military police don't exist on military bases, and you also don't want to believe that the guy doing the shooting was also a trained Army personnel. Well, that's more misleading than anything I could possible assert.

You also don't want to report that the person that took care of Hasan was trained in how to respond to situations like the one Hasan was in. Why do you ignore all those factors? Oh, because they don't support your argument? Well, I don't blame you.

It wasn't anymore an Al Queda coordinated attack than some guy asking permission to commit the crime from some other guy that is loosely connected to Al Queda. Stop trying to trump up the charges. This was the act of a single SOLDIER that wanted to take matters into his own hands and chose to fight against his country. He wanted to kill people and decided a gun was the best way to go.

If he was thoroughly searched and not allowed to bring a weapon into the area he did that day, none of this would be talked about. But, you like bodycounts instead of true prevention, don't you?

You can't have gun violence without guns.
  • ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain 2012/12/18 06:33:31 (edited)
    In favor of
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    Only criminals, maniacs &/or arms manufacturers would be opposed, IMNSHO.

The question is rather ambiguous, is it us controlling guns or is it guns controlling us?
  • Paul ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/12/18 16:16:29
    Paul
    +1
    Michael Moore Reveals the Truth About Columbine Killings

http://youtu.be/gqylvZL845w
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Paul 2012/12/18 18:57:30
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +2
    Big P-harm-a are among the most profitable corporations in the world (Seroquel, $5 billion sales in U$ alone), they're 'making a killing' in the "Mental Illness Industry" which is exploding. just over 60 years ago, there were no drugs and the number of cases were lower, when people ACTUALLY talked to each other, TV is also complicit.

something wrong with this picture?
    THEY'LL adjust you instead!

"The ones the DOCTOR gives you make you FUBAR over all.

"The 'Little Yellow Pill' (Valium 5mg)"
  • Drue-AFCL Paul 2012/12/25 19:38:39
    Drue-AFCL
    LOL Michael Moore and the Truth do not belong in the same sentence together. LOL
  • King Anti-Christ 666 2012/12/17 18:26:02
  • pjobrien 2012/12/17 17:09:30
    Opposed to
    pjobrien
    +2
    The persons responsible for these acts have all been "troubled" individuals. Out mental health system needs to be overhauled.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... pjobrien 2012/12/18 06:39:35
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    If the Mental Health System is getting better, why are the numbers increasing?
    Looks more like a "Mental Illness Industry" to me.
    The Shrinks, Drug Companies & the Insurance Companies are 'making a killing'.
  • Ketel-One 2012/12/17 16:54:30
    Opposed to
    Ketel-One
    +3
    Stop blaiming an object on a person's behavior
  • captain... Ketel-One 2012/12/19 21:36:16
    captainquiggle
    Stop enabling criminals and their mindset.
  • Ketel-One captain... 2012/12/20 15:31:39
    Ketel-One
    I'm not?
  • captain... Ketel-One 2012/12/20 15:35:20
    captainquiggle
    You're giving murders the tool to commit their crime. And, you're telling them that it's perfectly legal to have said tool in their possession.
  • lucky 2012/12/17 14:07:48
    lucky
    +5
    "A WELL REGULATED Militia"

Not everyone has the mental capacity to own a gun, not everyone is responsible enough to own a gun.

I dont support laws that punish stable law abiding citizens by regulating their gun ownership.
  • captain... lucky 2012/12/19 21:37:06
    captainquiggle
    So you think we should set up militias, correct? I'm all for that. Let's do it.

Otherwise, nobody should be walking around with a gun.
  • lucky captain... 2012/12/20 12:31:33
    lucky
    No because not everyone has guns to use only for protection, some people still hunt for food.
  • captain... lucky 2012/12/20 12:52:30
    captainquiggle
    Who uses handguns to hunt for food? Let me know.
  • lucky captain... 2012/12/20 13:26:51 (edited)
    lucky
    If you were only talking about handguns then you should have specifically mentioned that instead of just saying "a gun"

As for who uses them... A lot of hunters including my grand-dad when he was alive, he lost his arm so the ability to handle a rife or shotgun was impaired, he used a handgun instead.

http://www.fieldandstream.com...
  • captain... lucky 2012/12/20 15:12:36
    captainquiggle
    A single action revolver or a single-shot pistol don't seem capable of killing 20 people in less than sixty seconds, now do they?

If it's obvious that the only use for the weapon is to hunt and not commit mass murder, I see nothing wrong with it.
  • bucaneropr lucky 2012/12/20 05:10:40
    bucaneropr
    The real definition to militia is any body abled individual who carry a weapon for defense of self, home and family.
  • lucky bucaneropr 2012/12/20 12:36:12
    lucky
    able bodied individual is the key, based on the number of mass shootings we have had in the past several years, we are giving access to guns to people who in normal circumstances would not be considered able bodied, so what do you propose we do about it, ignoring the problem is not going to make it go away but I also dont believe in limiting access to guns to people who are both physically and mentally capable of having that responsibility.
  • steve~pwcm~jla 2012/12/17 13:25:45
    Opposed to
    steve~pwcm~jla
    +2
    Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
  • captain... steve~p... 2012/12/19 21:37:28
    captainquiggle
    Where are these well-regulated militias? I'm looking for them.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/12/17 12:50:34
    In favor of
    Jeff Smith
    +2
    Back round checks on those who wish to purchase firearms. It's not the type of firearm being sold as much as it is the person buying that fire arm and if there's any doubt that person is responsible enough to have a firearm whether they have a record or not.Family mental illness history must be considered as well.
  • mal 2012/12/17 11:52:58
  • Leslie Goudy 2012/12/17 04:40:32
    Opposed to
    Leslie Goudy
    If you take these peoples gun rights away they will lose their collective minds
  • Drue-AFCL Leslie ... 2012/12/17 06:22:46
    Drue-AFCL
    +2
    Arnt you one of these people?
  • Leslie ... Drue-AFCL 2012/12/19 04:58:16
    Leslie Goudy
    One of what people. Please specify.
  • Drue-AFCL Leslie ... 2012/12/19 05:12:04
    Drue-AFCL
    Your answer stated "If you take these peoples gun rights away they will lose their collective minds". Who were you talking about?
  • Leslie ... Drue-AFCL 2012/12/19 05:27:02
    Leslie Goudy
    +1
    I am referring to people who own guns and are conservative. They are not insane or killers. I don't agree with the Neoconservative perpetual War Machine. That is morally wrong and is the same behavior these young mentally ill people are acting out. These people are mentally ill. What we need to do is once and for all take mental illness out of the closet. Bring it in the open. embrace it as part of our humanity. God made mentally ill people also. We need to give them the help and support they need instead of ignoring symptoms.
  • Drue-AFCL Leslie ... 2012/12/19 05:32:37
    Drue-AFCL
    I agree with what you stated about the mentally ill, however I am a Conservative who is not part of a war machine. I know how to use it and would not hesitate to use it to protect myself or my family from intruders or from Tyranny.

2014/10/26 05:10:55