ARE YOU GLAD THAT Osama bin Laden’s demise IS DEAD AND IS NO LONGER THE HEAD OF al Qaeda.

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/01 15:08:06
Osama bin Laden’s is dead as of a year ago today.

From the moment top secret stealth helicopters loaded with dozens of hard-bitten Navy SEALs landed at the terror leader’s compound, to their arrival back across the Afghan border — minus one chopper and plus one corpse — the raid took just 40 minutes.

Operation Neptune Spear was the product of a decade of painstaking, often-frustrating intelligence work — a vague clue here, a hunch there, and lots of dead ends.

EXPERTS: PAKISTAN REMAINS HOTEBED OF TERRORISM

In September 2010, the CIA began to zero in on a heavily secured, three-story compound on a dirt road in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

BINLADENPS1N_1_WEB

FIRST PUBLISHED BY TIME

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's hand-written note concerning the raid on Osama Bin Laden's compound

President Obama’s military advisors were divided over a bombing mission — which would have left no evidence that Bin Laden had been killed — or risking the lives of commandoes on a raid that could be for nothing.

Several urged him to wait for confirmation that Bin Laden was really there.

After several secret powwows, the President decided to order the raid on Friday, April 29.

In Washington that weekend, all eyes were on Obama — and he fooled everyone.

PHOTOSTORIES_12_WEB

JASON REED/REUTERS

President Obama speaks at the annual White House Correspondents Association Dinner at a hotel in Washington April 30, 2011 after having given order to send Navy SEAL team after Osama bin Laden.

On Saturday night, wearing a tuxedo and a wide grin, he was at the White House Correspondents Dinner, needling Donald Trump with birth certificate jokes. Not one of the many reporters in the room had the smallest inkling of what was afoot.

On Sunday afternoon, wearing a windbreaker and a pinched expression, Obama sat tensely in the Situation Room with his top military advisors, watching the operation play out on a wall screen.

Two dozen SEALs — some wearing helmet cameras — had flown into Pakistan from nearby Afghanistan and were landing in Bin Laden’s front yard at 11 p.m. local time on a moonless night.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/day-osama-bin-laden-die...

• Jarod Kochman 2012/07/22 16:14:32 (edited)
  • Bucky 2012/05/04 21:39:43
    Bucky
    +2
    I've learned not to trust the US government when it comes to dealing with the Islamic Terrorists.
    In Bosnia 1995, Islamists received weapons and air-support from the US to fight the Serbs, 9/11 Mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was in Bosnia.
    Serbian province of Kosovo 1999, same thing...actually worse! Osama Bin Laden had training camps in Kosovo. Why US establishment supports Radical islamists is beyond me. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed would have been dead, and 9/11 probably never would have happend.

• BIG BAD... Bucky 2012/05/04 22:45:43
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    Really makes you wonder what shoe the foot goes into.
  • Mr Wayne 2012/05/01 16:29:19
  • BIG BAD... Mr Wayne 2012/05/01 16:54:58
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    You may be right but I think if he was alive we would have heard from him by now.
  • Mr Wayne BIG BAD... 2012/05/01 16:57:08
    Mr Wayne
    +1
    Not if he's living comfortably in a back bedroom at the White House.
  • Live Free Or Die 2012/05/01 15:48:31 (edited)
    Live Free Or Die
    Osama bin Laden harmed and killed a great many innocent people. That he is no longer among us is enough for me. A major threat to the security of the United States has been eliminated thanks to good leadership. For that I'm grateful.
  • BIG BAD... Live Fr... 2012/05/01 16:24:16
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    You and me both, but I'm sure that the threat is still there only don't know how big it's teeth are?
  • Live Fr... BIG BAD... 2012/05/01 17:35:42
    Live Free Or Die
    If we can quell it without warring or killing innocent civilians, the better. It is a multi-headed snake with one more head cut off now.
  • BIG BAD... Live Fr... 2012/05/02 21:35:20
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    I just pray that we don't see that kind of slaughter again, it's one thing to die in battle but to target innocent people just to make your point. Turns my stomach. i have no sympathy for those type of people.
  • Live Fr... BIG BAD... 2012/05/03 13:25:26
    Live Free Or Die
    I have no sympathy for the terrorists, but we have killed many innocent civilians in the process of fighting against it. As long as blood continues to be drawn there will be no peace. The radical element will always attract the nuts, that is what we should worry about. Remember Nidal Hassan, he could have been stopped.
  • BIG BAD... Live Fr... 2012/05/03 15:54:33
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    Your very right about the attraction of the nuts, In ever war there are casualties. That is the sad part.But they never should have attacked the NYC World Trade Center. America is like a big sleeping dog, wake her and you better watch out!
  • Live Fr... BIG BAD... 2012/05/03 16:05:18
    Live Free Or Die
    Oh I know and agree! We prepare for the worst, but hope for the best!
  • BIG BAD... Live Fr... 2012/05/03 16:19:09
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    You know it, I just wish we stay away from the worst, seems like we end up in the thick of it more times than not. Someone is always trying to bring us down. Wonder why?
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/01 15:13:52
    Yes, hope he is rotting in Hell
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    We cut the head off the snake, so I hope he is rotting in hell for his crime of 911 New York Trade Center and all the good Americans that have died because of his evil actions

airplane crashing into ny trade center on 9 11  airplane crashing into ny trade center on 9 11

2014/07/25 18:25:58