Are you concerned with the implications of OBAMACARE?

Drue-AFCL 2012/11/09 19:38:28
Related Topics: Obamacare

• Ol'Dave 2012/11/09 19:43:23
    yes
    Ol'Dave
    +9
    If the GOVERNMENT can make it MANDITORY that you buy something, wheather you want it or not, there is NOTHING to stop them from MANDATING you get 'Chipped' in the palm of your right/left palm or your forehead!!!!

• Quazimoto 2012/11/13 15:57:15
  • Playerazzi 2012/11/12 10:25:18
    yes
    Playerazzi
    +1
    I've heard that as a U.S. citizen resident abroad, I would have to buy extra insurance on top of the local plan I have now (which is not applicable inside the U.S.).

It would cost me thousands.

But I don't know if I'm correct in this assessment.
  • Erok 2012/11/12 08:52:21
    yes
    Erok
    +1
    Healthcare is going to go down the toilet.....those of us who have spent our lives' working in it will suffer greatly as we have the previous 4 years.....America you have no idea what you have done.
  • Mopheadmusic2000 2012/11/12 00:20:07
    yes
    Mopheadmusic2000
    +2
    Anyone unsure about the impact ought to investigate IPAB, Obama's 15-member panel deciding your care. Independent PAYMENT Advisory Board--now doesn't that sound like a medical committee?
  • No One 2012/11/12 00:12:58
    no
    No One
    +1
    Obamacare is helping people by preventing health insurance companies from discriminating certain people or charging them more and helping more people get health insurance.
  • kmay 2012/11/11 23:19:08
    yes
    kmay
    +1
    Immoral Tax!
  • Stardust 2012/11/11 21:05:21
  • TheTruth1313 2012/11/11 21:03:19
    yes
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    Concerned is not the word. I am downright fearful of the damage this unjust socialist tax will cause to heath care and the economy. We must fight it tooth and nail.
  • l 2012/11/11 19:59:00
    yes
    l
    +1
    Yes, yes and yes!!
  • BILL 2012/11/11 19:29:11
    yes
    BILL
    +2
    I am really more concerned that Piece of Crap OHBOBO was reelected
  • chucky 2012/11/11 19:01:34
    no
    chucky
    +1
    I going to join the Militia,I am done caring.I dont care at all.Maybe 10 days ago,but now Obamacare or Obamadoncare,I couldnt care.Nobody cares,the poor want the rich to pay for them,the president says that my business was somehow given to me.I worked and succeeded,without anybody giving me anything,no rich parents, nothing from anybody, now I must hand over to some bum,who like Obama has never run a business.
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ 2012/11/11 18:47:49
    yes
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
    +1
    It's going to cost everyone more and get reduced services.
  • S. Gompers 2012/11/11 09:16:44
    yes
    S. Gompers
    +2
    Just like I was with Romneycare.
  • zebsmom 2012/11/11 05:10:35
    yes
    zebsmom
    +2
    Lots more people are insured "on paper" but will actually have less access to health care.
    I think my biggest concern is the new underclass of people who are only insured on paper. They either bought policies that are completely worthless and don't cover anything and policies that no provider will take. I've had a couple and have seen lots more. The policies actually cost more than their REAL coverage limits-so you'd be better off paying cash. Best of all [sic] are all the people who are just starting medicare. The ones who already are on medicare and have providers will be ok for now. The new people signing up now will start out with reimbursements so low that no doctor will accept them as patients. Guess what'll happen in the emergency rooms now? And the bankruptcies. And all the people who had high deductible plans that the were all they could afford. No more high deductible plans. Most of the people I know in this situation are now uninsured and will just pay the fines. There's lots more, but I don't want to write volumes.
    the only semi positive thing is the broadening of medical/medicaid coverage. You no longer have to get pregnant to get insurance. that said. Most of the states lowered the reimbursements even more, to cover all the additional people they're insuring... ...
    the only semi positive thing is the broadening of medical/medicaid coverage. You no longer have to get pregnant to get insurance. that said. Most of the states lowered the reimbursements even more, to cover all the additional people they're insuring... So more people are insured on paper-but fewer can actually get the health care they need.
    Not the least of which is the letter I got from my insurance company that I wouldn't be getting a refund. Should've sent it to my employer. I letter for over 2000 people instead of 2000 letters. Ah yes. That's the new Obama Care rule.
  • Ahrtal 2012/11/11 04:00:28
    no
    Ahrtal
    +2
    It's the Law of the Land. It is what it is. If anyone was really worried, would he have been reelected? Enjoy the inter-generational permanent rectal exam. The country deserves it.
  • PonToki 2012/11/10 23:25:50
    yes
    PonToki
    +4
    I'm going to be working as a nurse and graduating in less than two years. Its going to affect me both personally and professionally.
  • Drue-AFCL PonToki 2012/11/11 18:45:43
    Drue-AFCL
    +1
    Im a Medical Biller and it will affect me as well. . . . .
  • santa6642 2012/11/10 22:54:20
    yes
    santa6642
    +4
    We the working citizens are screwed, Blued and tatooed.We will become Soylent Green waffers.The new food source.
    no
    Nope....
  • ALofRI 2012/11/10 16:13:32
    no
    ALofRI
    +2
    Only that it wont be fully implemented fast enough to save Americans thousands, fast enough. Get us out from under the most expensive health care system in the WORLD, and one that ranks 37th! Not to mention 174th in the world of "infant deaths after live birth"...talk about "abortions"! That's because so many American women couldn't get prenatal care BEFORE the birth! You know...like Planned Parenthood used to do? Now THEY will probably be absorbed BY the Affordable Care Act, and be put to work again SAVING both mothers AND babies! Go Obama!
  • Heptarch 2012/11/10 15:38:09
    yes
    Heptarch
    +2
    I certainly am. I don't think the individual mandate is Constitutional and Obamacare means that I am forced to buy something from an industry that has shown they care nothing for the actual service they are supposed to provide.

That said, Obamacare is a step toward universal health care which makes it valuable to me.
  • Lady Wh... Heptarch 2012/11/10 20:48:53
    +1
    "That said, Obamacare is a step toward universal health care which makes it valuable to me."

Well said.
  • Heptarch Lady Wh... 2012/11/10 20:52:36
    Heptarch
    Thank you.
  • SuckerPunch 2012/11/10 15:08:34
    yes
    SuckerPunch
    +2
    The mathematical gyrations the Democrats used to conjure the $940 billion dollar cost figure were nothing short of deceitful. Remember when the Congressional Budget Office announced that the costs would be closer to $1.76 trillion? That was back in March.

The current health care system is not capable of caring for every single American... there aren't enough doctors, nurses, and hospital beds to deal with the current demand!
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2012/11/10 14:44:20
    no
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +1
    I have read all three pieces of the legislation and find nothing to fear.
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/11/10 14:11:30
    yes
    Margaret Jacobson
    +1
    Somewhere down the road they will combine Medicare,Medicaid into one national plan...no difference !! Everyone will have the same benefits,limits, and limitations. It will be (like the UK). Put on a waiting list for the most expensive treatments, for certain people (wealthy) to be considered first !! It may be quite expensive to maintain on a large scale ??
  • brutusin~ Proud Apetheist 2012/11/10 14:06:22
    yes
    brutusin~ Proud Apetheist
    I'm conserned that I might get some health-care finally.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/11/10 13:39:56
    yes
    Jeff Smith
    +2
    Mandates (taxes) will affect all even the Libs
  • socokid 2012/11/10 13:14:40
    no
    socokid
    +2
    No. I am quite happy with the progress so far. I sure wish we could move to single-payer already, but the political will (fear mongering) is just not conducive... yet.
  • Commenting_one 2012/11/10 12:51:51 (edited)
    no
    Commenting_one
    +3
    People -- he had made cuts from some aspects of Medicare that were least necessary. It had to come from somewhere to put it back into where is is better utilized, to COVER people in areas that are most necessary. Why can't you people get that?

Medicare Advantage is just one segment, ONE area of choice with Medicare. He wanted to stop overpayments to the Insurance companies and any superfluous costs.. NOT ruin it for citizens. (It would have been worse under R & R). It's not what you think. If you really want to understand it, investigate it for yourself, instead of focusing on one-sided falsehoods.

Show where 716 billion was cut from Medicare

Healthcare comparison chart of Obamacare vs Romney
  • 2sly 2012/11/10 11:17:48
    yes
    2sly
    +1
    Just yesterday on an AM radio station a Buisness Owner called in and said he was laying off 20 employees that morning because of Obama care. He said he had to in order to be able to pay for health care and keep his Company profitable so it would be around in the years ahead. Boing sent out notices that they will be laying off 1,000 people. So yes it will affect everybody. Also on the news it was stated that unemployment will rise to 9.7% + early in 2013.
    OBAMASUCKS
  • 2sly 2sly 2012/11/10 11:23:01
  • NYCbrit 2012/11/10 10:41:15
    yes
    NYCbrit
    +1
    Oh yes, very much so.
  • Jenn 2012/11/10 10:22:20 (edited)
    yes
    Jenn
    +1
    I don't know how many of you are seniors,but they are the ones that will suffer the most under Obamacare.They have cut medicare so much, and the 716 billion dollars that Obama cut from medicare,that was to jump start the new healthcare bill...I am scared to death for the senior citizen's.
    Remember Obama saying that if you like your health insurance you can keep it,well Obama lied.. didn't he ?
  • JCD aka "biz" 2012/11/10 09:44:37
    no
    JCD aka "biz"
    +3
    "Obamacare", like Romneycare, is a step in the right direction. What you probably need now is a public option.
  • Defend ... JCD aka... 2012/11/10 11:13:01
    Defend Western Civlization
    Americans do not need Cheer leading from a FRENCH NATIONAL and ELITE Socialist Leader
  • Lady Wh... JCD aka... 2012/11/10 20:49:43
    +1
    agreed
  • Dan der Mensch 2012/11/10 08:34:06
    yes
    Dan der Mensch
    +3
    Yes, very much. My family's health insurance was fine before this - we don't need the Nanny State to take care of us.
  • nononsenseguy 2012/11/10 08:25:58
    yes
    nononsenseguy
    +1
    I know of a coworker whose wife works at a hospital. Her employers are only proving 750.00 towards the 3000.00 annual tax. Then they were told that they had a 5000.00 dollar deductable. Gee I thought my 500.00 dollar deductable sucked. So much for free healthcare. I mentioned this in one of the lib circle jerk posts .....it won't sink in until it hits them between the eyes in 2014.
  • Jim 2012/11/10 07:34:13
    yes
    Jim
    +2
    Obama care is yet another nail in Americas coffin. The lid is closed and almost sealed. We must still fight Obama tooth and nail. We must not give up the fight. Obama's victory is just a battle lost. The war is still on.

2014/12/21 20:55:13