Are you better off, just the same, or worse off financially after over three years of Obama?

tncdel 2012/03/07 15:34:38
Related Topics: Obama, Gas, Food, Bush, Ten, House
My house was appraised ten months ago at less than half its appraisal value under Bush. All my utility type bills increased almost 50%. The price of gas and food about 30% higher.

• Lanikai 2012/03/07 18:59:56
    Worse off [explain].
    +12
    Our business is ow struggling to stay open.

We do not make money, we are slowly backing up now.

our health insurance has gone from $385 a month to $667 per month due to obama care, and we may have to cancel it completely.

Food costs are nearly 30% higher,

Gas prices are from $1.89 tp $4.09 in our area,.

Home insurance just got cancelled-because of all the tornadoes and the FED telling insurers they could cancel ALL of the people they wanted to, the FED does not cover all like insurance does, but insurance is now nearly impossible to get on our home.

The national attitude is bad, overall, and people are angry, broke, broken and depressed.

Crimes like robbery and burglary are WAYYYYY up, due to job losses.

Our area has lost it's last three manufacturing facilities in the last 2 years. Overseas got those jobs-China and Brazil. HMMMM.

• Scalded Eagle 2012/03/23 18:15:52
    Worse off [explain].
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    Now, all my money goes to Guns, ammo, canned goods and underground survival housing in preparation for the Democaust. As soon as the govt goes bankrupt, the parasites will be rioting for their welfare money. That's how it will start and just go down hill from there.
  • dill fazie 2012/03/10 12:41:22
    Worse off [explain].
    dill fazie
    +1
    My income has been reduced by 38% since 08... and these pukes in charge think they should keep adding more regulatory issues to my business and that we people need to pay more out so they can get fat... Remove them and add new folks with American values..
  • Diana 2012/03/10 02:13:20
    Worse off [explain].
    Diana
    +1
    Gas has more then doubled,food prices are sky high.My sister is trying to sell her house for two years.She lowered the price twice.If Obama gets in again.He will do anything he
    wants.He will destroy this country.Notice the liberals don't complain.Half of them are most likely getting welfare,food stamps and whatever else is handed out for nothing.So Obama
    has them enslaved.He got their vote.
  • Scalded... Diana 2012/03/23 18:23:54
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    Yes indeed.
  • Gordon 2012/03/09 01:51:56
    Worse off [explain].
    Gordon
    My wife and I are both of Anglo-Saxon heritage, so we don't qualify for any "special" Obama programs. We've never produced out-of-wedlock children nor commiited any crimes. So, we are nearly broke paying for Obama's "special" programs.

I only know one person who qualified for any of Obama's "specials", and that person is not even an American citizen and only hires Latin Americans - some of whom might not even be legals.
  • Scalded... Gordon 2012/03/23 18:26:30
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    That Sux for real Americans.
  • jorge0214 2012/03/09 00:28:37
    Better off [explain].
    jorge0214
    TODAY'S WSJ (owned by RIGHT-WING Newscorp/ Fox)

quote:
    U.S. businesses added more workers in February than January, the latest sign that improvements in the economy are making it easier for Americans to find jobs.

Private-sector employers hired 216,000 workers last month, an increase from an upwardly revised 173,000 in January, according to payroll processor Automatic Data Processing Inc. and Macroeconomic Advisers LLC, a consulting firm. The upbeat report comes ahead of Friday's jobs snapshot from the government, which will include public and private employers.

The ADP update isn't as comprehensive as the government's monthly snapshot of the jobs market. But Wednesday's reading likely will fuel optimism ...

fact-
    its taken time, but BUSH gave us the worst economy since Hoover, sorry if this president hasn't cleaned up his mess fast enough.
    QUICK!
    HOW MUCH OF YOUR WEALTH WENT TO PAY FOR THE BUSH WAR OF LIES?

Fact:
    36 months of private sector job growth under President Obama.

AND GUESS WHAT? EVERY SMART PERSON'S STOCK PORTFOLIO IS WORTH MORE NOW THAN IN 2007!

I and my friends are definitely worth more now than in 2007.
    quit whining...
    its kinda sad....
  • Sabeena 2012/03/08 20:31:51
    Worse off [explain].
    Sabeena
    +1
    Worse. The properties we own are way down from where we purchased and we purchased when they were already way down. I won't complain too much because we are by comparison much better off than most Americans, but I know so many people that are going through hard times with job losses. There is no end to the help that is needed and I would say to anyone who thinks things are so great under Obama, go volunteer to help the needy and listen to some of their stories. So many people that are much worse off and to say otherwise is a boldface lie.
  • Mr. Smith 2012/03/08 19:29:29
    Worse off [explain].
    Mr. Smith
    +2
    Ever since the Democrats took control of Congress in Jan. 2007, things have gotten categorically worse. Personally, my family was hit hard in 2009 with the close of my 7 year old business, a business that was indirectly tied to the housing/lending market. As a result, we not only lost our only source of income, but our personal savings was wiped out as well. We've had to start over from scratch and claw our way out of the hole we were shoved into. And then having the cost of basic necessities, like food, water, transport, and energy "necessarily skyrocket" as a result of Obama's policies, just added insult to injury for me and my family. We have recovered since then and now back on our feet, despite the continued and relentless efforts of the Democrats to move my family into poverty.

An American voting for Obama in 2012 is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders!
  • chas 2012/03/08 19:16:13
    Worse off [explain].
    chas
    +2
    Home heating fuel- prices VERY high. Low paying jobs/ part-time - the only choice for many in my area, in the over-40 crowd. Obama's solar & algae-fuel scams are his only proposals. Soetoro  Fraud
  • 7leads 2012/03/08 18:34:39 (edited)
    Worse off [explain].
    7leads
    +2
    100% disabled veterans like myself are seeing an amazing decline in services. As far as everything else goes...I can't afford these gas prices or food prices..for the first time in my life, I am going to a food bank...that sucks OBAMA !!@!
  • Mickey 2012/03/08 18:23:45
    Worse off [explain].
    Mickey
    +3
    Much worse, wife and I both were layed off since he took office and now we have to purchase Barrycare insurance or be fined.... Gas is thru the roof. groceries have risen 35% and our utilities have gone up 30% since he took office.
  • 7leads Mickey 2012/03/08 19:20:39
    7leads
    That is tough Mikey......wow, makes me feel for so many people...
  • Calm down! 2012/03/08 18:10:28 (edited)
    Worse off [explain].
    Calm down!
    +3
    My income has gone up every year for the past 13 years. Since Obama took office my income has went down every year and everything is costing far more at the same time.
    So how is that possibly going to work out for America? Lets see......

Everyone is making less & less while everything is costing more = No more middle class!!!
  • Angelatxpatriot 2012/03/08 18:10:16
    Worse off [explain].
    Angelatxpatriot
    +2
    Financially we're down and out. We're at risk of losing our home. My husband was laid off for about a year, then took a job where he makes less then half of what he was making. The cost of groceries is sky rocketing, and when you have a family of 6, it's pretty much hamburger meat and veggies, most of the time...no luxuries for us. The cost of gas is unbelievable, it's almost to the point where we can't afford to even make it to work or anywhere else for that matter, but then, maybe that's what "they" want. They want us confined and dependent on big brother, then they have little slaves that will jump through hoops just to feed their family.

So no, we're not better off, we're worse.

I'm not ignorant enough to claim it's all Obama, it's taken many administrations to get America to where we are today, but Obama sure does seem to be speeding up the process.

Ron Paul 2012!!
  • Hawkeye 2012/03/08 18:10:09
    Better off [explain].
    Hawkeye
    +3
    I am MUCH better off and really can't understand why more people aren't.. I LISTENED to the Bush administration when they tried to warn of the impending housing collapse caused by Freddie and Fannie Mae.. Of course,, it was plain to ME even without that warning because,, living in Florida,, I was right in the middle of the so called housng boom..

Houses that just a few years earlier were going for less then 100 grand were all of a sudden skyrocketing to 2 and even 3 hundred grand almost overnight.. Housing developements were springing up all over the place with 10 to 20% occupancy.. 500 unit apartment buildings were being built right next to half empty apartment buildings already there for years..

And THEN came the reports that LOANS were being made to people who could NOT afford them and even Illegal Invaders..

I said back then that THIS cannot go on for very long and I DID something about it and as it turned out,, I did what needed to be done JUST in time..

I'm sitting pretty but it ain't got NOTHING to do with Obama.. Fact IS,, if Obama had HIS way I'd be sitting right alongside those who never had a clue.. I KNOW this and I'm,, even as we speak,, taking steps to avoid THAT too..
  • 7leads Hawkeye 2012/03/08 19:26:56
    7leads
    Don't know where you live..but your situation is different. Looking forward and taking action surely helps..but many people aren't like that...
  • Hawkeye 7leads 2012/03/08 19:46:08
    Hawkeye
    +2
    MOST people aren't like that and IF I had NOT been as old as I was at the time,, I might NOT have taken the steps that I did either..

It was IMPOSSIBLE for ME to have seen this coming and nobody else did..
  • 7leads Hawkeye 2012/03/08 19:51:55
    7leads
    smart decision regardless...really smart...
  • Mrs. maggot 2012/03/08 18:08:26
    Worse off [explain].
    Mrs. maggot
    +1
    We are small business owners, income is down, house value down and the worst part is our customers get slower and slower about paying......The bill collectors really don't care how much money we are "waiting" on.
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/03/08 17:05:10
    Worse off [explain].
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +2
    Obama declared no cost of living increase (he lied) and my living allowance was actually cut. When he finally allowed a cost of living increase, it was not according to the real cost of living and I am still having less to spend than I did before he took office.
  • tom C 2012/03/08 17:02:45
    Worse off [explain].
    tom  C
    +3
    worse....Gas prices up...
    healthcare costs at up...
    food costs way up..
    homes is worth less
    used cars cost more because of cash for clunkers
    utilities cost more
  • Scalded... tom C 2012/03/24 01:27:48
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    Right buddy!
  • DavidK 2012/03/08 16:40:29 (edited)
    Worse off [explain].
    DavidK
    +2
    anyone that says better, has no clue as to the screwing they are getting. One must "OBAMA-PROOF" themselves. I started back in the 70's.

nghf

fhfhfh
  • cheshirewayne 2012/03/08 16:37:13
    Worse off [explain].
    cheshirewayne
    +1
    I can't find a job. I am competing with so many people for the few IT jobs that it's hard to even get selected for an interview.
  • 7leads cheshir... 2012/03/08 19:29:04
    7leads
    Time to go to work online doing something...your job is tough right now...(oh hell, they are all tough right now)
  • cheshir... 7leads 2012/03/08 19:30:55
    cheshirewayne
    +1
    I take it that you have a scam to offer.
  • 7leads cheshir... 2012/03/08 19:50:13
    7leads
    no, i have worked years building web site and SEO. Some guys in IT know more about this than others. That's why I mentioned it. Got to expand your knowledge somehow...You can get free classes while drawing unemployment benefits,. It is all a mess no matter what field you are in right now.
  • Marty9957 2012/03/08 16:26:03
    Worse off [explain].
    Marty9957
    +3
    Gas was $1.87 when Obama took office....it is now $3.69. That makes it almost a 100% higher. You tell me if you are better off now than you were three and a half years ago.
  • Gary Marty9957 2012/03/08 17:03:02
    Gary
    First off no one person has control over gas prices and if they did it would be a lot higher.
    people on fox's news are blame the president saying that it is his fault. When Bush was in office and gas hit 4 dollars a gallon they were saying a different story. This is not the presidents fault it is the speculators buying oil futures and China and India are using more oil and that is why the price at the pump is so high. Really so what changed since Obama got in well nothing it is the same as when Bush was in the only difference is that one guy is white and the other guy is black. OH I can hear it now he is calling me a racists well it is what it is and that is a racists. Now even a Federal Judge is sending racists tweets and he said he was sorry right . The only thing he is sorry about is that he got caught and now he should be kicked off the bench.
  • 7leads Gary 2012/03/08 19:32:29
    7leads
    +1
    Wow..how did racial get into this subject.???? Very immature comment. Marty 9957 hit it right on the head....things are so bad people aren't eating...read some of the comments above for God's sake.
  • Gary 7leads 2012/03/09 14:25:20
    Gary
    yup and how do you think this all got started in the first place?
    people do not learn from past history it"s like it never happened. 8 years of histroy
    of Bush never happened it all started in the last 3 years. Well as we all know it did happen with two wars econemy gone to hell and a Republican saying the number one job is to make sure that Obama is a one term president. Now they have a 8% aproval rating and they have did everthing to bring down the president. Never in my life time as a congress said no so many times even when they did have a idea and Obama said he liked it then they changed their minds and said NO.
    Now you how did racial get into this? When a federal judge tweets a racial joke about the president that's how it gets into it. When old blow bag Rush says I see there is a new Oreo cookie out with different flavors they should call it OBOMMEO.
    THAT IS HOW THE RACIAL GOT INTO THIS SUBJECT.
  • tom C Gary 2012/03/08 19:44:39
    tom  C
    +1
    and closing drilling sites in MANY places across the US has noting to do with it?
    and refusing to allow cheap Canadian Hydrocarbons through the Keystone pipeline has nothing to do with it?
  • Gary tom C 2012/03/09 14:54:12
    Gary
    First the pipeline will not do one thing for us but ruin our water supply if we let them put it through our country and if it did not one drop stays here it goes to China.
    The reason Canada wants to run a pipeline is because if they didn't have one then
    they would have to ship it to Texas and that cost a lot of money something big oil do not want. People seem to think we are not drilling well right now there is more drilling then
    when bush was in but people just do not check the facts for themselves they listen to
    the Fox's news telling more lies about the drilling of oil. Obama did the right thing to stop the drilling because of BP and this shows how Obama had the guts to do this.
    Today they are back drilling and for those people who think this is going to make the price go down are flat out wrong. Do people really believe that big oil is going to kill the golden goose making billions in just the first quarter? Cheap Canadian Hydrocarbons is
    not cheap for us is allowed in and just let them do what they want just ask the people in Nebraska. They found out the this CHEAP PIPELINE was running right through there under ground water supply and they said no to this pipeline. Right now big oil is
    doing fracking all over the place and pumping chemicals with thousands of gallons of wa...

doing fracking all over the place and pumping chemicals with thousands of gallons of waster into the ground. Now big oil will not tell us what the chemicals they are
    using . They have polluted the water and in some places people are getting sick
    and there people who can set the tap water on fire because of this chemicals they use in the ground. One worker lit a cigarette from the water that was coming up from the ground. We can not let big oil just do what they feel like doing and we need to change
    the things big oil can do and if we do not then there will be know future for us or the next generation.
  • Marty9957 Gary 2012/03/08 23:05:58 (edited)
    Marty9957
    +3
    Remarkable how Bush opened up exploration and development of all our national resources and the price of oil fell from $140 dollars a barrel to $33 dollars per barrel almost over night. So now you can try another defense for this occupier. You have been mislead on the changes taken place since Obama. He came in and closed down almost all of the areas Bush had opened up for exploration and development. Then there was the Gulf oil spill and that just gave him the excuse to close down the gulf. All that has it's effect on the gas prices. It is Obama's fault. Watch the video really amazing.

http://www.theblaze.com/stori...

http://townhall.com/columnist...

Five dollars per gallon of gas by 2012! A former president of Shell Oil considers this likely. The average price on Christmas Day for a gallon of regular gas reached $3.28 in Los Angeles County, the highest price since October 2008. In one month, the price rose 13 cents, up 35 cents year to year.

Where are the calls to sic Obama's Justice Department on Big Oil to hold the oil companies accountable for "market manipulation"? Why aren't we hunting down the amoral "oil speculators" responsible for repealing the law of supply-and-demand in order to line their pockets?

During President George W. Bush's administration, we constantly heard d...

http://www.theblaze.com/stori...

http://townhall.com/columnist...

During President George W. Bush's administration, we constantly heard demands to hold the President accountable for "Big Oil's price gouging." House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., just two years ago, knew exactly whom to blame for "skyrocketing" oil prices: "The price of oil is at the doorstep; $4-plus per gallon for oil is attributed to two oilmen in the White House and their protectors in the United States Senate."

In 2007, when the average national price ranged from $2.17 to $3.22, then-Sen. Barack Obama demanded that the Federal Trade Commission investigate Big Oil for "price manipulation." In 2008, presidential candidate Obama urged the Justice Department "to open an investigation into whether energy traders have been engaged in illegal activities that have helped drive up the price of oil and food."

Obama also called for "a windfall profits penalty on oil selling at or over $80 per barrel." As of Christmas 2010, a barrel of oil sold at slightly above $90. What happened to the windfall profits tax?
  • Gary Marty9957 2012/03/09 15:08:06
    Gary
    +1
    Prices went down under Bush well guess what Bush had nothing to do with it.
    supply and demand and oil speculators do. Now for blaming any president is nuts
    and I do not care who is in the White House. Now how scary would it be if just ONE PERSON COULD CONTROL THE PRICE OF CRUDE. You wonder what happen to the windfall taxes I wonder why congress do not want to stop giving taxes payers
    money in subsides. All the big oil exes. showed up in congress saying they need these when in the first quarter Exxon-Mobil made 11BILLION IN JUST THE FIRST QUARTER. Now Again Obama wants to stop this but to many people in congress are owned by the Koch brothers and speaker Boehner is one of them in fact when he was sworn in as speaker guess who was right behind him one of the Koch brothers I guess he wanted to make sure he got what he paid for.
  • Marty9957 Gary 2012/03/09 15:18:05
    Marty9957
    This is America after all, a free market economy. People are supposed to be profitable. Last I checked, that was not a sin. The 4$ billion dollars in sudsidies that the government gives the oil companies is peanuts. Take it away, they don't care but as they have stated, if Obama wants to do that then they should do that across the board and stop susidizing electric car companies, wind mill companies and all the other crony tax payer funded green companies which are guaranteed to go belly up with in a year of their launch as has been the case with those mentioned above. Let's see if they are as profitable as the oil companies without the government money.
  • Gary Marty9957 2012/03/10 15:48:48
    Gary
    OK free market so why did a company that made11 billion in first quarter want more of your money which you seem to gladly give? That is a SIN but you and the rest of the right wingers hate Obama so much that you are willing to do this.
    Now for the green companies you talk about going belly up and how you right wingers crying about Obama giving money to them. FACT GEORGE W BUSH
    gave money first to the company that went belly up. So again with the electric cars well as of today GM IS THE NUMBER ONE SELLING CAR.
    Chrysler has PAID BACK IN FULL THEIR LOAN and GM HAS PAID BACK A LOT AND WILL PAY THE REST. saying the top 1% creates jobs Really where are they ? Big oil as been around a long time and you do not want to help start up companies but hey lets give big oil your money talk about screwed up thinking this is it.
  • Marty9957 Gary 2012/03/12 23:19:00
    Marty9957
    Have you thought that maybe they were using that money to research green energy? After all, doesn't the government have strings tied to that money? You're right about one thing, I can't stand the sucker. GWB had sense enough not to keep throwing good money after bad. This administration does not.

Now on to the auto industry. $58 billion dollars have not been paid back. You need to do your own research. Don't repeat what you hear in the media.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/...

10 fastest American cars

As part of the loan agreement, Chrysler was given until 2017 to return the bailout funds. If it had taken the full term, the interest accrued on the loans could have significantly reduced the government's losses.

Overall, $1.3 billion will not be recovered from the bankrupt Old Chrysler, but Massad still called it a "major accomplishment."

That's because the government originally expected it would lose much more on the auto bailout. Initial estimates from the Congressional Budget Office in 2009, predicted the government would lose $40 billion on the overall auto bailout.

Now it estimates, by the time the $80 billion program is completely wrapped up, taxpayers will have lost $14 billion.

The Treasury Department also considers the auto bailout a success because the industry has recently sh...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/...

10 fastest American cars

The Treasury Department also considers the auto bailout a success because the industry has recently shown signs of a recovery.

http://reason.com/archives/20...

Uncle Sam gave GM $49.5 billion last summer in aid to finance its bankruptcy. (If it hadn't, the company, which couldn't raise this kind of money from private lenders, would have been forced into liquidation, its assets sold for scrap.) So when Whitacre publishes a column with the headline, "The GM Bailout: Paid Back in Full," most ordinary mortals unfamiliar with bailout minutia would assume that he is alluding to the entire $49.5 billion. That, however, is far from the case.

Because a loan of such a huge amount would have been politically controversial, the Obama administration handed GM only $6.7 billion as a pure loan. (It asked for only a 7 percent interest rate—a very sweet deal considering that GM bonds at that time were trading below junk level.) The vast bulk of the bailout money was transferred to GM through the purchase of 60.8 percent equity stake in the company—arguably an even worse deal for taxpayers than the loan, given that the equity position requires them to bear the risk of the investment without any guaranteed return. (The Canadian government likewise gave GM $1.4 billion as a pure loan, and another $8.1 billion for an 11.7 percent equity stake. The U.S. and Canadian government together own 72.5 percent of the company.)

But when Whitacre says GM has paid back the bailout money in full, he means not the entire $49.5 billion—the loan and the equity. In fact, he avoids all mention of that figure in his column. He means only the $6.7 billion loan amount.

But wait! Even that's not the full story given that GM, which has not yet broken even, much less turned a profit, can't pay even this puny amount from its own earnings.

So how is it paying it?

As it turns out, the Obama administration put $13.4 billion of the aid money as "working capital" in an escrow account when the company was in bankruptcy. The company is using this escrow money—government money—to pay back the government loan.
  • Gary Marty9957 2012/03/12 23:48:32
    Gary
    Saying Bush didn't throw good money around is FALSE.
    Bush loaded up a plane full of cash and sent to Iraq not keeping track of it and a lot of it ended up just like here in crooked greedy politicians.
    Now saying Chrysler did not pay it back is also false.
    You seem to forget Bush gave money to GM AND so much for
    Obama doing things wrong but Bush did it right?

Fact people are working and paying taxes and not on unemployment but I guess you would rather have them on unemployment.
    you complain about helping out the auto but if you think this cost a lot you better check out corporate welfare. Fact Bush got us into this mess starting two wars and as we know he lied about WMDS in Iraq
    and even Dick Cheney said there were no WMDS. You compelling helping
    the working people but not one word about the money spend on Bush's two wars. The Iraq war started on a lie and cost of 4000 troops lives and for what NOTHING.Bush gave the top 1% big tax's cuts and the Republicans and then they like to say we can't raise Taxes on the job creators Really where are the jobs? I'll back Obama on helping the working people but not for starting a war on a lie and cost billions .

2014/04/23 13:30:16