Are you as upset as this lady from Montana who tells it like it is?

mimi 2012/12/17 13:41:08
This lady "hit the nail on the head"
I must be brainwashed - I don't believe this
I received this letter written to Alan Simpson, Senator in Wyoming, in an email. I am omitting the author's name and changing the actual profane language used. However, my changes do not alter the subject of the letter in any way.

IF anyone can defy the content of this letter (which facts are actually true), then consider yourself completely brainwashed! I, personally can attest to the truth as this could be my story too.
************************

Alan Simpson, Senator from Wyoming , calls senior citizens
the Greediest Generation, as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk
Cow with 310 million teats.

Here's a response in a letter from a patriot in Montana ...
I think she is a little ticked off!

She also tells it like it is!

*******************

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight!

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole
for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS
(since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My Social Security payments, and those of millions of
other Americans, were safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for
decades until you political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR
money to a bunch of zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting
the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made
Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and
your ilk pulled the proverbial football away from millions of American seniors
nearing retirement and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to
age 67. NOW, you and your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts
YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into
Medicare from Day One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the
game. Why? Because you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an
extent that you need to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying
income taxes our entire lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet
again. Why? Because you incompetent and
selfish idiots spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending
even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and
say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for
calling "bulls--t" on your incompetence. Well, Captain Bulls--t, I
have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American
taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political
career, and how much are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the
American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health
insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are
you proposing in your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have
you exempted yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bulls--t, and your political
co-conspirators called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you
and your fellow nutcases who have bankrupted America and stolen the American
dream from millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers. And for what?

Votes! That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted
America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political careers. You
know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you miserable piece of inhumanity.

**************************

• Duke----The Non Racist, Fun... 2012/12/17 14:52:59 (edited)
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Duke----The Non Racist, Funny Duke !
    +6
    She did hit it right on the head. I've have known since I was ten that our Whole government lies, cheats and steals from us and throughout my years it has never failed to change, in fact it is just so blatantly obvious to any smart and logical thinking person and all those that so stupidly support and or actually believe our totally corrupt government or the parties are just so pathetic.

It is just so beyond comprehension as to why people cannot see this when I, even as still a child could see it so clearly, even then when things were carefully covered up.

People, you have only to open your eyes and ears and see easily how nothing has changed and see the same lies year after year, decade after decade and see how they get us to believe and support their need for greed and power trips.

How they easily propagandize us to death and whip out all the war movies (*) playing different ones on a marathon week or weekend and tell us every 5 minutes, twenty four seven on the news to fear this or hate that when they want us to do their evil bidding by filling us with false fear and hate toward another country so that we will sheepishly and oh so willingly and happily go into country after country to occupy and kill and steal just to feed that disgusting need our government has.

I have...

I have begged, pleaded, marched, cried and bled and talked myself horse so much for people to listen to what is so blatantly obvious.

"People", you just cannot believe a single thing that our government and their cohorts in crime, (our entire ameican corporate owned mainstream so called news) vomits out at us.

(*) It is a psychological known fact that when something is said and played over and over and over; that a person begins to believe what is said even though they know it to be a lie

Wake Up ! Wake UP !!! Learn to recognize how you are being so easily manipulated.

I know, I began to know at age ten, then later studied psychology and learned also about propaganda and how it works on people and have seen how our government and our medias have been using on us for many decades.

Don't fight each other on which party is right or wrong, because OUR WHOLE GOVERNMENT LIES TO US no matter what stupid party. And Stop labeling yourselves or others, but fight against the real evil of this world (our american government)

WE PAY THEM ! THEY ARE 'OUR' PAID SERVANTS !

We do not need to physically fight them are harm them to get them to stop their crimes and actually work for us. We just need to stand Together, stop fighting one another over stupidity and get real justice done toward them for their crimes and lies

This woman knows, she did hit the nail on the head with what she said.

• Wulfdane 2012/12/18 01:49:22 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +1
    Like most Liberals, life is all abut her.

Liberals don't care if they bankrupt SS for future generations, so long as they get what they want now. SS is no longer just for the elderly; now drunks, drug addicts and overeasters can claim a disability (these are just a few of the qualifying 'disabilities') and receive SS payments.

SS was only meant to take of seniors during their later years when they were unable to work. If the age limit is not increased or fundamentally changed in some other way, SS will continue to balloon in numbers while the workforce needed to pay for it shrinks.

To make the system sustainable, the government either has to raise the age limit or limit SS to only those of retirement age as intended, removing everyone else from the system. Letting the States take care of the rest.
  • rbeas 2012/12/18 01:41:25
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    rbeas
    +2
    I would like to shake that ladies hand. She and I are in the same boat. I started paying into social secuity at age 13 however, so she must have had an overprotective mother or came from a more fortunate background than me.
  • Mark P. 2012/12/17 22:20:23
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Mark P.
    +2
    That is exactly the point. Amen.
  • thomas.ilgenfritz 2012/12/17 22:17:18
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    thomas.ilgenfritz
    +2
    U GO GIRL !!!!!!!
  • Hamilton 2012/12/17 22:05:04
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Hamilton
    +2
    God Bless her.
  • realist 2012/12/17 21:59:37
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    realist
    +1
    Not good.
  • Hawk 2012/12/17 21:58:10
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Hawk
    +2
    God bless that lady for her post she has more Ba..S than all our polititians put together.What I expect is that Senator is senile and shouldnt hold the position he has.When are the American people that vote for these incompetent idot`s going to wake up??? He`s just another one who has gotten too comfortable. We need to clean house. incompetent senators
  • MarcBerger 2012/12/17 20:40:10
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    MarcBerger
    +2
    This letter needs to be sent to all the politicians.
  • dru dixon 2012/12/17 20:17:57
    dru dixon
    +1
    Unfortunately knowing Alan Simpson and the majority of mentality from Wyoming I can believe it!
  • sbtbill dru dixon 2012/12/17 22:58:00
    sbtbill
    +1
    Alan Simpson is an S.O.B.
  • dru dixon sbtbill 2012/12/19 20:04:53
    dru dixon
    +1
    Thank you! Unfortunately his kind has almost hi-jacked this country!
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/12/17 20:01:55
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Lerro DeHazel
    +2
    Social Security is just a waste. I don't qualify for it at all . . . My wife paid hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Fund and when she passed away, they actually stole the money from me that I was entitled to receive; and I went to 3-different Locations in trying to get it. Simpson did suck and everyone knew it.
  • sneekyfoot 2012/12/17 19:58:10
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    sneekyfoot
    +2
    sometimes its easily seen
  • Biki~pwcm/potl~ 2012/12/17 19:34:56
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +2
    This woman says it like it is! Love her!!!
  • Spy Master 2012/12/17 19:24:08
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Spy Master
    +2
    the lady from Montana is a goddess...
  • Peter Griffin 2012/12/17 18:34:19
    Peter Griffin
    +1
    And yet, you keep voting these same people back in to office. You know the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
  • sbtbill Peter G... 2012/12/17 19:05:07
    sbtbill
    Fortunately, Senators like Bernie Sanders, Sheldon Brown and even Harry Reid are doing their best to stop Simpson. So is Nancy Pelosi. Unfortunately people like Paul Pot Ryan make Simpson look like a friend of the average person.
  • Lanikai 2012/12/17 18:16:11
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    +2
    She nailed it
  • Boudicea 2012/12/17 18:03:18
    Boudicea
    She made a lot of assumptions which were INCORRECT to start with. Firstly, the SS "Trust fund" was never actual money. The SCOTUS decided long long time ago that the "trust fund" could not own an actual assets except IOUs. Now, as for some of the other stuff - when Medicare came into being in 1965 (I think it was 65) life expectancy was 73 years. They intended to pay for seniors' care for 8 years or so. Now life expectancy is 79 years - we have to pay for 14 years of care now. In 1965 there were 18 mil senior citizens. Today there are 41 mil senior citizens. Does anyone want to do the friggin math? YOU TELL ME how that is sustainable without increasing the eligibility age.
  • tdterry... Boudicea 2012/12/17 18:42:31
    tdterry1999
    +1
    soon it will just be a tax that nobody can collect till there dead and gone.Instead of screwing the people again.Let's look at other cut's .Aid to other countries,welfare reform,The many ,many problems the federal government has that does the same thing as each other.Yeah there are plenty of way's to cut waste.Someone needs the balls to do it.
  • sbtbill Boudicea 2012/12/17 19:08:12
    sbtbill
    The general population was under 200 million in 65, too so that taxes care of your population argument.

As to life expectance that has increased because of lower death rates of people under 50 and because a few rich people live longer.
  • sbtbill Boudicea 2012/12/17 20:27:29
    sbtbill
    A private anuity is not help in cash either. Generally a part of it is invested in short and long term US government I.O.U's (bonds and t-bills) , corporate I.O.U's (bonds) and stocks. It wouldn't be put in a bank because you are talking about billions and a bank saving account at that level is just a low interest bond as their is not federal insurance which is funded by government I.O.U's.

Keep in mind that most money is just an electronic notation in a bank computer. There isn't enouth gold and silver in the world to cover all the money in the world, probably not a tenth of us.
  • Boudicea sbtbill 2012/12/17 21:57:59
    Boudicea
    +1
    What does that have to do about anything? Did you get anything out of the statment I made that the Trust Fund is NOT PERMITTED TO HOLD ASSETS EXCEPT GOVT IOU'S?
  • sbtbill Boudicea 2012/12/17 22:55:51 (edited)
    sbtbill
    I know that was how the law was written in the 30's. My point is those self-same I.O.U's are still considered the safest investments in the world - T-bills.. It is also true that the only reason a bank account is considered safe is because the insurance is provided by the federal government.

In fact the social security trust fund is one of the largest if not the largest holder of US government debt in the world. Comes in ahead of China.
  • sbtbill 2012/12/17 18:02:14
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    sbtbill
    +1
    She got it right but she had a few facts wrong.

1) The retirement age was changed by Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil it was a bi-partisn shafting.
    2) Social Security by law as always had to be invested in T-Bills. I think we should allow the a small percentage of the trust fund to be invested in US stocks.

I would add this. I am angered that my 40 year old son who's paid into these thing for over 20 years is threatened by this.

We can waste trillions on unnecessary and failed foreign wars and we can't keep the promise of social security. End the wars. I've seen the Navy commercias about protecting all the seas. Who is paying us to do that? We can finance oil depletion allounances but not medicare. Something wrong there. People like Romney complain about the 47% but only pay FICA taxes on the first $106,000 of their income, if that. No wonder these programs have a problem. I pay 14 1/2% on FiCA plus income taxes. Lets show the Romney types what it is like.
  • tdterry... sbtbill 2012/12/17 18:44:06
    tdterry1999
    +1
    Taxing the rich is your answer to everything.What happens when that don't work.And it will not.
  • sbtbill tdterry... 2012/12/17 19:01:55
    sbtbill
    +1
    No taxing the rich is not my solution to everything, but saying that i and most people pay a tax on 100% of our income and a few people only pay that tax on a percentage of their income when it is the lowest paid that pay the extra tax i wrong. Keep in mind that if the cap were raised high income people would also get larger benefits because that is how an anuity works.
  • tdterry... sbtbill 2012/12/17 19:17:02
    tdterry1999
    I agree with you for the most part.But there has to be more accountability on government .In my opinion there is way to much waste.THe feds have enough money coming in that we should never be in this shape.The government has done a great job of pitting people against people to deflect from there shortcomings.
  • chaoskitty123 2012/12/17 17:50:19
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    chaoskitty123
    +3
    She needs to not omit the curse words lol.

Point Number #1 ~ We are the problem not our leaders. In the recent elections, we saw once again how we Americans vote. No matter what we told Republicans, they would not listen about Mitt Romney and they watched in horror as the Liberal Republican refused to go after Obama on key issues like Obamacare and Benghazi as well as agreeing with Obama on issues Republicans disagree with Obama about... I and many others warned you to vote for Ron Paul but you let your ignorance blind you as not only did Romney get defeated, so did liars like Alan West who attacked Ron Paul on the one hand for his stated beliefs, and then turned around in the same breath claiming those same views as his own views.

We Americans don't vote for the most qualified leaders nor even the leaders best suited to represent us. Do you think Ron Paul would have backed away on Obamacare or Benghazi? Would he have agreed with Obama on things he's stated for over four decades were his beliefs... beliefs every true Conservative agrees with? What did you dislike about Ron Paul? The fact he told you we shouldn't be in the Middle East and that our incompetent leaders in Washington DC got us into these wars which should have ended two years after they started when our stated ...

We Americans don't vote for the most qualified leaders nor even the leaders best suited to represent us. Do you think Ron Paul would have backed away on Obamacare or Benghazi? Would he have agreed with Obama on things he's stated for over four decades were his beliefs... beliefs every true Conservative agrees with? What did you dislike about Ron Paul? The fact he told you we shouldn't be in the Middle East and that our incompetent leaders in Washington DC got us into these wars which should have ended two years after they started when our stated goals of vengeance and punishment were over!? And look at you now... most of the Republicans are now saying it's past time to remove our troops with Obama in charge!

Point Number # 2 ~ Ron Paul was "over" qualified to be President of the United States.

Why? Because most leaders we elect to "represent" us are con men with no leadership ability or qualifications to be elected leaders. They tell us what we want to hear like snake oil salesmen selling bottles of booze laced with mercury as a cure all for everything that ails us... and move on before they can be held responsible when people start dying from their poisonous concoctions. In 2008, Republicans nominated another RINO named John McCain who revealed he knows nothing about economics and doesn't need to know anything about economics as he has advisers for this.

In fact, our elected leaders know about as much as most of us about the issues they represent... and most of us know almost nothing about the issues we address.

But Ron Paul is an educated man, an intellectual and he actually understands the issues he addresses because of true wisdom. He understands economics both from a private and public (government) perspective so that he understands jobs creation in both areas where Romney only understands this from the viewpoint of a private raider who buys up corporations, guts them and makes them profitable before selling them off... unfortunately, this costs most workers their jobs through no fault of their own as it's the monkeys in charge of these businesses who are at fault. Ron Paul understands things like this so he might have to make short term cuts, but he works to preserve jobs as well as supports turning public jobs back over to the private sector like Clinton successfully did proving we don't need government over most of the services we need.

Ron Paul understands charity, wanted to reform Social Security, reform Welfare, has been in healthcare most of his life so he genuinely understands healthcare reform... and wants to turn most of it over to the private sector not with more regulations, but by using the army of investigators employed by private insurance companies to fight fraud and abuse where it won't cost taxpayers a dime.

Ron was overqualified to be President of the United States and while many of you opposed him because he has a bad habit of telling the truth as he sees it from an educated view, at least he is educated and honest about his views instead of telling you what you want to hear to win your votes.

Yeah, Ron isn't a true Conservative and he tells us this. He's a fiscal Conservative, a Constitutionist and a Libertarian... all because he's so intelligent and educated about the issues that he has to over compensate belonging to multiple ideological views rather than limiting him to one.

But where he is a Conservative... he's a true Conservative... not a damn Neocon or religious right Paleocon. He knows what a Conservative is, he tells you the truth about what he will do as a Conservative and he damn well sticks to it as he said and doesn't need "advisers" to tell him what to think.

Point Number # 3 ~ Leaders like Alan Simpson have too much power where his decisions affect the nation as a whole. He does what's needed for the people of his state which is how he gets elected... but what's good for the people of his state will not always be good for the rest of us. Democrats across the US hated Ted Kennedy and Barney Frank for this reason but could do nothing to remove them because they had no control over the people who voted for these men. Thus, these men grew powerful over time and, like Harry Reid, rightwing Democrats were forced to deal with them to preserve party unity to get anything done when they were in power... something Republicans have no say over unless you win the elections that remove men like Alan Simpson from power.

Point Number # 4 ~ Our government has too much power because our elected leaders have no leadership ability and we don't vote for them because of their ability... we have become so divided as a people that we vote to beat the other side and we don't care if our own candidates have qualifications or ability to lead. We have become so divided as a people that we react to things based on our uncommon fears rather than our common beliefs. Leaders with real leadership ability work from our common beliefs to find resolutions to our problems and they work together where fearmongers and hatemongers exploit our fears and our differences to win election but lack leadership ability.

Why the hell did Republicans go with RINO's in 2008 and 2012 to run against Obama when your strength is in rightwing Conservative values? John McCain is about as rightwing as Nancy Pelosi and Mitt Romney is little different than Ted Kennedy.

This is why more power needs returned to the states as we have more power over our leaders at the state level and they represent our issues better than leaders from the other side of the country can do because their issues are not our issues. If California wants gay marriage... let them have it. But if Montana opposes it... let them oppose it and ban gay marriage so people who want gay marriage can just move to California and people opposed to gay marriage can move to Montana. If you support abortion, move to New York and if you oppose it, move to Tennessee... let the states decide these matters and people can just move to states that reflect their views. Federal leaders shouldn't even be addressing these matters!

I am an Independent Centrist... I stand behind my views and I have made myself educated about the issues where I continue to learn new things every day because I am not a damn blue or red sheep... a true American is in the Middle and the color of a sheep is white or gray not red or blue.

So are you red white or blue... I'm white, my views are a bit gray and I stand for all people rather than just one ideal I don't even understand myself.
  • tdterry... chaoski... 2012/12/17 18:46:27
    tdterry1999
    Good post.I admit I missed the boat on Paul
  • fish 2012/12/17 17:41:24 (edited)
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    fish
    +3
    Damn. So onto the bigger and more important question-How do we fix the situation we as a nation are in? Love her letter, but it offers no solutions, of which we are in desperate need. I have no answers myself. I'm 32 and know I'll never see a dime of the money I'm paying in. So what do we do now?
  • mimi fish 2012/12/22 02:33:32
    mimi
    I believe we have smart enough people that can figure this out once the Dems are gone!!
  • Old Timer 2012/12/17 17:38:44
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Old Timer
    +2
    Right on the head.
  • Don Wenk 2012/12/17 16:55:12
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Don Wenk
    +3
    The only question now is what do we do about it. I would suggest we vote out all incumbents. Put home owners and business people in their place. Institute term limits. That might open some eyes.
  • john 2012/12/17 16:24:56
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    john
    +5
    Even in the UK, we have the exact same idiots ruining/ running our countries, they and the bankers have through greed bankrupted us and then tell us we have got to tighten our belts and pay back the debt.....
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/12/17 16:14:24
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +4
    Well said.
  • ally 2012/12/17 16:07:16
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    ally
    +4
    Amen honey! I couldn't put it any better!
  • Gloria 2012/12/17 15:51:40
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Gloria
    +3
    I guess she posted it somewhere else. He didn't post it on his state website!
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/12/17 15:50:54
    This lady "hit the nail on the head"
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +4
    Accurate and succinct, something a politician will never be able to understand.
  • mimi Brian ☮... 2012/12/22 02:34:51
    mimi
    +1
    Oh, so true.

2014/07/29 21:10:36