Are you an arrogant Human?

Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas 2008/04/11 04:25:07

• Mejink 2009/05/29 20:41:19
    Mejink
    Is he really that stupid?
  • Ihr Has... Mejink 2009/05/30 13:33:56
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    Care to explain?
  • Mejink Ihr Has... 2009/06/05 01:44:42
    Mejink
    +1
    *sigh* I didn't watch the whole thing. Vaguely from my memory, here is my defense, perhaps, of my comment. We as humans are in fact responsible for the loss of natural life. We pave over whole forests. And we think that doesn't kill any of Nature? Maybe they re-locate. But re-locate where. Animals die because we are out of balance. We are everywhere. We cover all the land with cement and cities. We weren't always this way. We left the natural ways of life when we started agriculture, civilization, and our population began to rise. Supply and demand. We spread out. We cut down trees, destroy the natural habitat. We domesticate animals for our own use and mass breed them to kill them and eat them. Animals are going extinct as well as plant life and the only reason many are not is because people have realized that you cannot destroy a natural habitat and expect animals to adapt overnight. So the animals going extinct that have a fighting chance live on reservations. Now, I forget his argument, but he used some random bit of something (scientific?) or some other random statistical fact but that was not looking at the whole picture, history, or anything beyond finding an excuse for not having to have responsibility. No, he's right, we didn't individually hurt anybody. It is the civiliza...""''''''
    *sigh* I didn't watch the whole thing. Vaguely from my memory, here is my defense, perhaps, of my comment. We as humans are in fact responsible for the loss of natural life. We pave over whole forests. And we think that doesn't kill any of Nature? Maybe they re-locate. But re-locate where. Animals die because we are out of balance. We are everywhere. We cover all the land with cement and cities. We weren't always this way. We left the natural ways of life when we started agriculture, civilization, and our population began to rise. Supply and demand. We spread out. We cut down trees, destroy the natural habitat. We domesticate animals for our own use and mass breed them to kill them and eat them. Animals are going extinct as well as plant life and the only reason many are not is because people have realized that you cannot destroy a natural habitat and expect animals to adapt overnight. So the animals going extinct that have a fighting chance live on reservations. Now, I forget his argument, but he used some random bit of something (scientific?) or some other random statistical fact but that was not looking at the whole picture, history, or anything beyond finding an excuse for not having to have responsibility. No, he's right, we didn't individually hurt anybody. It is the civilization of humanity as a whole that is detrimental to the wildlife and yes, to the biosystem. Simple as that. And for the intelligent way he speaks, it is amazing to me that he has so drastically missed the obvious.. it really does not take a genius to see that the world has a certain amount of synergy, and we as humans as a whole (not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but rather at our whole way of life - but this can and will change despite how people cling to what they know) we as humans have been out of balance and everything around us has been in a steady decline, losing "resources", the world full of greedy people, money, etc.. it doesn't take a lot to have a heart. I don't see how he is a comedian when from my view (and I have felt this way ever since I was little and no my parents didn't make me feel this way, growing up I have had to convince my mom of certain things) that this is not right; not how the world should be. My soul has missed what the earth used to be. I know in my heart it is wrong. Getting older, you get tired of explaining to people what should be obvious.. it doesn't take that much thought. And there are scientific evidence that the world works this way so people denying it is just as bad aas religious folk believing in creationism when obviously everything evolves. it is sad and I am tired of explaining this to people... and by the way, for anyone who says, fine save the world, kill yourself.. I ask you this (again, if this is you, you're not thinking logically) because if good people who care about the environment and such kill themselves, who inherits the earth, eh? People who will just trash it after we're gone.
  • Mejink Mejink 2009/06/05 01:53:42
    Mejink
    +1
    btw I say agriculture and civilization spawned the problems we face now. The solutions is a different kind of agriculture... a different kind of civilization. It does not mean we have to go "back" to being Indians or monkeys. It simply means we find a way of life that does not hurt the only earth we have to live on. The sustainable agriculture is called permaculture. It's happening now, and can restore even barren "depreciated" land to full fruition. It's all about the technology, and yes, it embodies many new and ancient skills. Civilization as well is not inherently bad, but it is the way we have manifested it that causes harm and is invasive, not to mention how we are forced to live this one way. but there are other ways. There is never just one way to live, look at all the different cultures and varying laws. It may be hard to leave the system but they made it so because they feed off us. And many remain blind. If the government runs out of money, do you think they care if we live or die? They'll save what they can to survive and we will go into a depression. If you don't know how to take care of yourself, grow your own crops, and restore the world (i.e. make something out of nothing), then likely people will starve. Simple as that. That so many depend on this system is amazing, a...''''
    btw I say agriculture and civilization spawned the problems we face now. The solutions is a different kind of agriculture... a different kind of civilization. It does not mean we have to go "back" to being Indians or monkeys. It simply means we find a way of life that does not hurt the only earth we have to live on. The sustainable agriculture is called permaculture. It's happening now, and can restore even barren "depreciated" land to full fruition. It's all about the technology, and yes, it embodies many new and ancient skills. Civilization as well is not inherently bad, but it is the way we have manifested it that causes harm and is invasive, not to mention how we are forced to live this one way. but there are other ways. There is never just one way to live, look at all the different cultures and varying laws. It may be hard to leave the system but they made it so because they feed off us. And many remain blind. If the government runs out of money, do you think they care if we live or die? They'll save what they can to survive and we will go into a depression. If you don't know how to take care of yourself, grow your own crops, and restore the world (i.e. make something out of nothing), then likely people will starve. Simple as that. That so many depend on this system is amazing, and they're not even aware that they are sheep just as we raise our beef cows to go to the slaughter. But I'm done.. I'm tired.. this is TMI anyway, I went on about stuff you didn't ask about.
  • Ihr Has... Mejink 2009/06/05 06:14:54
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +1
    I will give you as much attention as you did to the video....

You are an arrogant human, you think humans can kill the earth...

Sorry but if this were the case, if we were throwing the earth that far out of balance....
    We would be dead already....
  • Mejink Ihr Has... 2009/06/06 00:01:56
    Mejink
    Not that we kill the Earth.. no I am not arrogant. You're dismissive, and labelling, blah, you're not worth it.
  • Debbie 2009/02/11 08:14:35
    Debbie
    No. But sometimes.....
  • BAGITBABE 2009/01/27 20:41:37
    BAGITBABE
    Not arrogant. There's plenty of arrogance in the world already.
  • Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!] 2008/05/10 20:55:22
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    No, I don't think I am.
  • gwts 2008/04/12 21:11:08
    gwts
    +2
    LOL...this man is SO right!
  • River Rat 2008/04/12 15:42:03
  • Girl, Interrupted 2008/04/12 14:23:25
    Girl, Interrupted
    +4
    I saw this. Too funny. I am one of those "worried about everything"... Perhaps I'm arrogant ;)
  • Ihr Has... Girl, I... 2008/04/12 14:43:25
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +3
    I am one of those "do my part here at home" people, I still do not believe in human driven climate change, especially since the main drive for our climate is 96 million miles away and a monsterous inferno...
  • Artillery12 2008/04/12 13:47:44
    Artillery12
    +2
    No, but people who are annoy me..
  • ..... 2008/04/12 04:51:49
    .....
    +2
    Not in this perspective.

Some who know me think of me as arrogant though.
  • marquise ..... 2008/04/12 05:26:13
    marquise
    +2
    Lol, oh yezz you are....
  • ..... marquise 2008/04/12 18:53:33
    .....
    +2
    Fair enough.
  • marquise ..... 2008/04/12 23:32:05
  • ~NJGranny~ 2008/04/11 14:51:39
    ~NJGranny~
    +3
    George is one funny man. and he really has a way with words and getting his point of view heard. Not quite as arrogant as others, but I quess I can be at times. Not a good thing though.
  • kmay 2008/04/11 14:00:34
    kmay
    +4
    Al Gore and the eco-crazies need to hear some fun reality like this!

As my granma says:
    "Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die to get there!"
  • ..... kmay 2008/04/12 04:50:33
    .....
    +2
    Wasn't that the lyrics to an old country song too?
  • marquise 2008/04/11 13:10:24 (edited)
    marquise
    +2
    LOL!! Omg, I luv this guy...........

• Conker ... marquise 2008/04/13 01:51:52
  • whatever 2008/04/11 11:10:30
    whatever
    +3
    ROFLMAO!!!! I love the way he gets his point across.
  • . 2008/04/11 05:45:09 (edited)
  • Ihr Has... . 2008/04/11 05:55:06
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +6

Hehehehe

Here you go buddy
  • . Ihr Has... 2008/04/11 06:19:06
    .
    +3
    Yeah, I watched that one just after I wrote my comment. I think we've got some similar ideas.
  • 168290 Ihr Has... 2008/04/11 07:46:20
  • marquise Ihr Has... 2008/04/11 12:56:38
    marquise
    +2
    Lolz.......thank you for the laugh......
  • ..... Ihr Has... 2008/04/12 18:55:12
    .....
    +2
    I found out how I can watch these without the link.
  • angie ~ MCCAIN / PALIN 08 2008/04/11 05:08:57
  • Ihr Has... angie ... 2008/04/11 05:26:08
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +2
    Wow you did not watch the video did you?
  • angie ... Ihr Has... 2008/04/11 05:27:03
  • Ihr Has... angie ... 2008/04/11 05:29:14
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +2
    When you feel better...

It is about Environmentalism...
  • angie ... Ihr Has... 2008/04/11 05:30:46
  • ..... angie ... 2008/04/12 04:18:39
    .....
    +3
    Enjoy the ride.
  • Ihr Has... angie ... 2008/04/12 04:28:01
    Ihr Hase ~ Radix Libertas
    +1
    Whoever was so immature as to DR this needs a kick in the ass....
  • angie ... Ihr Has... 2008/04/12 04:29:20
  • 168290 2008/04/11 04:58:40
  • ksyvicks 2008/04/11 04:52:01

2014/09/16 21:03:58