Are you afraid of microwave ovens? Well, you have good reason to be. Read on, and please suspend your normal, all too common disbelief of that which goes against the norm. Please comment after you vote.

staarduster 2012/03/10 06:30:37

Dear SodaHeads:

The following is from email I receive from OBRL, the Orgone Biophysical Research Laboratory in Ashland, Oregon. I have long known of various harmful effects from microwave ovens. The following very pertinent information
puts it all into perspective.

OBRL-News Blog

Wilhelm Reich, Life-Energy, Orgone Research, Saharasia

Microwave Test – an Eye Opener – Student Science Fair Project Reveals More than the Textbooks!

The following student science fair project says more about the dangers of “low level” microwave radiation and the deleterious effects upon life from foods or drink heated in microwave ovens, than a hundred apologetic textbooks. I am reposting the full photos and info here, because the original source for it has been so overwhelmed by internet traffic that it has been down for some time, exceeding the poster’s bandwidth.

Maybe the whole thing will be shown to be the consequence of some experimental error, but it is worthwhile to investigate. I’ve never had a microwave oven, finding the RF emitted by them (all within “official limits” of course) to be sensibly irritating, and other studies showed them to be unhealthy to be around, or to eat from as well. See here for a good discussion:

The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking
http://www.health-science.com/microwave_hazards.html

I can hear the ‘skeptics’ sharpening their knives on this one, so be prepared to hear accusatory outrage rather quickly. But it surely should be further replicated.

J.D.

+++++++++

Microwave test – an eye opener
http://employsnews.org/2011/12/11/microwave-test-an-eye-opener/

Very interesting!!!! Is it time to act???????

Below is a Science fair project presented by a girl in a secondary school in Sussex.
In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts.

The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave.

Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave.

She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave.

As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference, after the experiment which was repeated by her class mates a number of times and had the same result.

It has been known for some years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, it’s how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it.

Microwaves don’t work different ways on different substances. Whatever you put into the microwave suffers the same destructive process. Microwaves agitate the molecules to move faster and faster. This movement causes friction which denatures the original make-up of the substance. It results in destroyed vitamins, minerals, proteins and generates the new stuff called radiolytic compounds, things that are not found in nature.

So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these ‘Safe’ appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed him when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it’s safe. But proof is in the pictures of living plants dying!!!

FORENSIC RESEARCH DOCUMENT
Prepared By: William P. Kopp
A. R. E. C. Research Operations
TO61-7R10/10-77F05
RELEASE PRIORITY: CLASS I ROO1a
( Extracted from near the end of this document:
( The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking
( http://www.health-science.com/microwave_hazards.html

Ten Reasons to dispose off your Microwave Oven

From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, one can conclude this article with the following:

1). Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term – permanent – brain damage by ‘shorting out’ electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].

2). The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.

3). Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.

4). The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.

5). Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.

6). The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

7). Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumours]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in UK and America .

8). The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.

9). Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.

10). Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a decrease of intelligence.

This entry was posted on February 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM and is filed under Human Health. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Your friendly scribe,
starduster
http://totherow.tripod.com/

Read More: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OBRL-News-Bulle...

• martha.benton.3 2012/05/31 02:51:31
    No, I am not afraid of microwave ovens. (Please leave a comment.)
    martha.benton.3
    I have used a Microwave ever since the first one came out. I worked for GE at the time. I am now 72 years old, so that is over 40 years of 'microwaving consumption'. Makes me think all of this 'information' is a crock. Only warning I would pay attention to is not being around a Microwave if I had a pacemaker. Those come with a warning. As far as the plants shown, unless I did the test myself and had the same results, I find that hard to believe. For all I know, the same care was not taken of the plants. Maybe not even the same soil. It is well known people doing things for the sake of science, and to prove their point, are not always totally honest.
  • master of free thinking 2012/03/13 01:02:20
    Yes, I am afraid of microwave ovens. (Please leave a comment.)
    master of free thinking
    +1
    microwaved food , water or whatever is dead. i never eat something microwaved. microwaved
  • Anonymous Coward218 2012/03/11 06:18:20
    Anonymous Coward218
    +1
    I rarely use it to cook food or heat drinks! Occasional reheating of leftovers, and such...
  • staardu... Anonymo... 2012/03/24 10:11:24
    staarduster
    It is my understanding that ANY use changes the dna structure of plants and animals. I would like to see some data on how long of an exposure is necessary for this to occur, however.
  • James 2012/03/11 04:41:13
    James

You never know when you'll REALLY need it.....
  • Giantfighter 2012/03/11 01:17:54
    Giantfighter
    +1
    I have always heard of the dangers of using a microwave oven & as a cook, once a chef, I still use them, but not as much as most microwave oven owners. I cook using various methods, from grilling with charcoal, lava stone..., stove top & ovens that use flame & electric burners, steam, bake, broil, smoke, boil & even Nuwave, so the variety does not concern me as much. however, I do not plastics in the microwave & use glass as much as possible, but many things concern me in methods of cooking such as teflon & aluminum foil. Drinking water concerns me as much as anything else, especially possessed foods, foods grown in certain soils, many additives, methods of raising & growing, "fast foods", cleanliness & the quality of sanity of establishments when eating out...therefore we have much to be concerned about...inluding living environments & celluar phones.
  • staardu... Giantfi... 2012/03/24 10:16:20
    staarduster
    +1
    Gosh, I think you covered most if not ALL the possible dangers that present society faces regarding nutritional intake. Bravo! You've certainly learned much on these subjects, and I value your input, as one who, in 1976, became aware of a health food diet, and "you are what you eat."
  • Giantfi... staardu... 2012/03/24 21:48:46
    Giantfighter
    +1
    Well, I do love to eat more than I like to cook, but won't eat just anything.
  • staardu... Giantfi... 2012/03/25 04:57:47
    staarduster
    +1
    It is such a wonderful pleasure to make your acquaintance at this time, as I am going through a rather rough patch with my life and need new interests to keep me sane. your seeming knowledge of things i have always cared about makes me realize that even as i suffer in one avenue of my life, others are constantly opening up to me, and it is up to me to stand tall and receive them into my vast experience for nurturing and for healing. I have never been one to be found at a loss for words, not for long at a time anyway, and want to just say, thank you Giantfighter for being there. One needs as many giantfighters as one can muster on her side at all times, in order to keep safe against all the giants out there who would destroy us if we let them. Peace bro, and thanks for writing.
  • Giantfi... staardu... 2012/03/26 07:31:00
    Giantfighter
    +1
    Glad to there...it's not as good as a hug, but still good!
  • stevmackey 2012/03/11 00:42:06
    stevmackey
    +1
    You can make another microwave, use your cellphone in a car or an elevator.
  • Mopvyzo 2012/03/11 00:16:55
    Mopvyzo
    +1
    I will definitely try to use microwave ovens less.
  • staardu... Mopvyzo 2012/03/24 10:29:35
    staarduster
    It is my understanding that ANY use is detrimental to one's health. It has not been easy to feel any changes from eating mw food, however. I would like to see some data on frequency and extent of use.
  • Tony 2012/03/10 23:41:44
    Tony
  • Mr.Reasonable 2012/03/10 22:30:56
    I cook regularly with a microwave oven, and see no reason to stop. (Please le...
    Mr.Reasonable
  • MadAsHEck 2012/03/10 22:21:24
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    I was stationed on a Radar Picket Ship back in the 60's. And we always quit using the big Bedsprings antenna Amidship within a certain distance from shore. From what I was told that it was so powerful it could kill seagulls. I Never witnessed that, but some of the guys said that they had.
    Protector
  • ♣Tanor Zeta Faux♣ 2012/03/10 22:20:37
    ♣Tanor Zeta Faux♣
    I never knew how to cook on the stove yet, as I can only do eggs at the moment. I regularly eat from the toaster and microwave, otherwise, it's straight out of the fridge or freezer. Are you going to tell me the toaster is bad for you too? Are you going to tell me, that putting food that should be refrigerated in the refrigerator is also bad? I knew the dangers of the microwave oven. I hardly have an alternative to it at the moment.
  • Dave0626 2012/03/10 22:19:53
    Dave0626
    +2
    YES!!!....
    After reading all of this, as of today I no longer use my micro-wave!...I think there may be a lot of truth to what I read. And if the Russians refused to use a popular Western product...well that's good enough for me!
    I suspect it may be the cause for my insomnia and some absent mindedness. As well as it may have even contributed to my massive heart attack of 4 yrs. ago. Along with some other minor health issues.
    Primarily I used the micro for re-heating my dinner every night for the last 10 yrs. or so. Also used it every day at work to boil water for my instant coffee.
    Well..NO MORE!!...It's going in the dumpster today. and will be looking for an alternative such as maybe a toaster oven to reheat all my future dinners. But for now...no more micro-wave for me!
  • staardu... Dave0626 2012/03/26 10:24:44
    staarduster
    +1
    that;s good news. mine is still there in the kitchen but i have only used it once since i posted the article, for a healthy choice cafe steamers item, which can only be done in a microwave. wont buy any more.
  • Dave0626 staardu... 2012/03/26 14:24:57
    Dave0626
    Thanks for the info Star...but I have since recanted and put back my wave. I think the so-called 'experiment' may be flawed in some way. As another poster stated:
    "Water is inorganic. It has 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom and it is a very stable molecule. Water that has been heated by a microwave is identical to water that has been heated by solar heat or stove top heat. If the "experiment" was valid it would have been revealed decades ago, and if the "experiment" was valid it could be replicated anywhere."

Anyway, if damage has has been done by the Mwave...To little and to late to do much about it anyway. Plus I miss the super convenience to re-heat my dinners
  • ♠Jen♠ BN - 0 2012/03/10 21:31:34
    ♠Jen♠ BN - 0
    +2
    The most lethal thing in the world is life, because it will ALWAYS kill you. Considering we've all already been infected with it, I see no reason to really care beyond this point.
  • staardu... ♠Jen♠ B... 2012/03/26 10:26:00
    staarduster
    +2
    u r way too young to be this cynical.
  • ♠Jen♠ B... staardu... 2012/03/27 04:27:41
    ♠Jen♠ BN - 0
    It's the only way I can stay sane, young or not.
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/03/10 20:49:54
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    You had me until you said "Orgone."
  • askmike Beat Ma... 2012/03/10 21:25:32
    askmike
    That is part of the name of the facility. You can Google it.
  • askmike 2012/03/10 19:55:24
    askmike
    +1
    Water is inorganic. It has 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom and it is a very stable molecule. Water that has been heated by a microwave is identical to water that has been heated by solar heat or stove top heat. If the "experiment" was valid it would have been revealed decades ago, and if the "experiment" was valid it could be replicated anywhere.
  • Nekosarethebest 2012/03/10 19:30:35
    Nekosarethebest
    +1
    People have been using them for years and now we are deciding to stop?
  • bob h. Nekosar... 2012/03/11 23:59:32
    bob h.
    +1
    Show me an "anti" article, and I'll show you somebody who's getting ready to sell the famous "next big thing" Farmers use sea water, grey water, rain water, city water, any water they can get, and every year the crops come in.
  • lolitalovely 2012/03/10 19:12:28
    lolitalovely
    This was a school science project, not a completely controlled test with completely isolated factors. The heated water could have cultured fungal growth or the microwave they used could have contaminated the water with something. The test was precise, but possibly inaccurate. I am leery of this because of the shear number of things that I don't know about the experiment.... Currently, the microwave, being non-ionizing, poses just as much a threat as walking around radio towers, and all our agricultural food. (it is between the UV component of sun light and radio waves on the frequency chart.)
  • staardu... lolital... 2012/03/26 10:33:25
    staarduster
    I had read years ago that the Nazis of WWII refused to use them, bc they were aware of the health risks. It makes sense to me what the article says, without even considering the experiment with water. The fact that the corporations behind microwave use condone their use explicitly makes me even more leery of their harmful effects. Not believing that there are powers that be that do not have our best interests at heart, is simply naive. Not saying you are naive, however, just that many things in current society are harmful, and we will never be told as long as there is a dollar to be made off us.
  • lolital... staardu... 2012/03/27 01:51:22
    lolitalovely
    For one, I think Hitler's Germany was brilliant, but It was also crazy with ideas that were less than fully thought out. (They didn't need to think of fallout or weigh it against plausibility, because they had a fresh supply of humans they considered less than human to test any half cracked theory.).... second, I'm not saying that there aren't people who would cause us harm purposefully, or even accidentally, but looking at what chemistry I know, there is no reason that it could do any more damage than a radio wave. (The article says that it's the way the microwave jiggles the atoms, but implies that ionization occurs in saying that it changes the makeup of water. microwaves are non ionizing, which leaves the H2O atom with all electrons intact. Admittedly certain foods may not undergo certain conditions as with an oven because the medium of change is different, but that is merely the taste. Plus it's lower frequency, an important piece of ionization, keeps it from loosing any electrons in the first place.)
  • BoredCollieDogRIPmissDyouRm... 2012/03/10 18:56:36
    BoredCollieDogRIPmissDyouRmissed
    +3
    When my last microwave died, I never replaced it.
    The only time I miss it is when I have have back pain.
    Okay, so that's all the time. :(

bed buddy
  • Klynn 2012/03/10 18:35:04
    Klynn
    +2
    That article scared me. I have heard of the dangers of the microwave before, but never knew the details. I think I will have to stop my microwave use.
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/03/10 18:27:00
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +2
    They're killing us in every way imaginable.
  • Bucky 2012/03/10 18:15:37
    I have long known of the hazards of cooking with a microwave oven. I would ne...
    Bucky
    +1
    Why am I not surprised!
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/03/10 17:23:29
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    JUNK science.
  • staardu... WhereIs... 2012/03/24 10:06:00
    staarduster
    What qualifies YOU to make this assessment?
  • WhereIs... staardu... 2012/03/25 19:51:41
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    COOKING has this effect, do the experiment with boiled and microwaved water and you MIGHT have something to talk about, except you would get the same results with both if the water was cooked.

If you are so afraid of changing the molecular structure of food, then eat it raw, because cooking it with any method does that.

It is junk science, read some decent scientific studies not this crap that does not prove a thing.
  • staardu... WhereIs... 2012/03/25 20:14:18
    staarduster
    Well, there is one in every group. So you are basically calling these experimenters liars.
    The people standing behind these experiments are anything but frivolous. I would be interested to know exactly how much experiments and study you have done on this subject, to ridicule these people to this degree? You either are very highly educated in this subject, which I doubt, or are very sarcastic and without merit. Prove you are not the latter, because the credentials of Dr. James DeMeo speak for themselves.
  • TerryAgee 2012/03/10 17:00:02
    TerryAgee
    +1
    Besides my friend, I seldom have leftovers to zap.

2014/10/23 06:10:14