Are you a Homegrown Terrorist?

♥~Rainbow~♥ 2008/06/27 17:09:02
Yes..I could be considered one
No.. I dont care enough to be called anything
Let me think about it for a while
I suppose by the definitions given here... I could be considered "one"

How do you feel after reading this? Does Congress need to be put out on their ears for not clarifying and making these definitions less vague? I guess they need "wiggle" room to do as they see fit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-w-whitehead/are-you-a-home...

• brozak 2008/12/11 01:14:17
    Yes..I could be considered one
    brozak
    +1
    according to some definitions, I could be considered one.
    I don;t think of myself as a terrorist though... lol
  • ♥~Rainb... brozak 2008/12/11 01:27:20
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    none of us that speak out against a gov't that is hell bent on taking our freedoms and our soviernty is not!

speak govt bent freedoms soviernty
  • brozak ♥~Rainb... 2008/12/11 01:34:43
  • DISENFRANCHISED 2008/12/08 00:59:56
    DISENFRANCHISED
    +2
    The real terrorists may like to label me one, for believing in the Constitution & the Bible & exercising my rights, because anybody telling the truth & exposing them as the real terrorists is a threat to them!
    constitution bible exercising rights telling truth exposing real terrorists threat constitution bible exercising rights telling truth exposing real terrorists threat constitution bible exercising rights telling truth exposing real terrorists threat
  • Warhorse ~ Sees stupid poeple 2008/12/07 23:44:14
    Yes..I could be considered one
    Warhorse ~ Sees stupid poeple
    Christ I hope so. and moving along.. nothing to see here. LOL
  • ♥~Rainb... Warhors... 2008/12/08 01:08:05
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    what??
  • Freedomwatcher 2008/12/07 23:07:09
    Yes..I could be considered one
    Freedomwatcher
    +1
    According to H.R. 1955, or S.1959
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/kn...
    "The Violent Radical Homegrown Terrorist Prevention Act" Anyone who speaks out against the government can be considered a terrorist. In that regard, we are all potential terrorist.

Before to long.. Americans will be telling on each other to the authorities in the name of fighting terror. This will help bring along the Police State put in place for us.
  • Warhors... Freedom... 2008/12/07 23:45:12
    Warhorse ~ Sees stupid poeple
    Not to be pointingout the barn in front of you. But Obama would like to get .. hell you already know..
  • ♥~Rainb... Freedom... 2008/12/08 01:11:09
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    there are already people telling on others... because they think they are being a "do gooder" for the nation... they fail to realize exactly what they are truely doing... and that is harming our freedom.. i think you are correct in saying that it will bring about the Police State sooner
  • Tommy Trend 2008/08/22 14:36:38
    Tommy Trend
    +1
    I'm just kooky...I break things...not blow them up
  • ♥~Rainb... Tommy T... 2008/08/22 15:20:05
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    LOL... i like to break things when i am really really mad... i have broken many doors in my time...
  • Socrates (The Gadfly) 2008/07/13 12:19:21
    Let me think about it for a while
    Socrates (The Gadfly)
    +1
    these definitions are intentionally vague so that they can be used against dissenters exercising what used to be our constitutional rights.
  • ♥~Rainb... Socrate... 2008/07/14 14:57:43
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    right on... good to see that you understood what i was getting at... Congress still needs tossed out on the ears though......
  • Socrate... ♥~Rainb... 2008/07/14 16:21:11
    Socrates (The Gadfly)
    +1
    sure do... and because they know there are people who feel that way, they are moving towards protecting themselves from dissent... very dangerous ground for our nation and our world to be treading upon, for sure.
  • mrorganic77 2008/07/07 04:32:10
    Yes..I could be considered one
    mrorganic77
    +2
    Every single red blooded american could be if they have a mind that thinks. that is really about all it would take to be considered a Terrorist by the real terrorist. The real terrorist are those that want to violate and do away with the constitution and rights of the people.
  • ♥~Rainb... mrorgan... 2008/07/08 12:21:22
  • OBAMA THE TRAITOR 2008/07/02 08:46:43
  • jondoe 2008/07/02 08:43:15 (edited)
    Yes..I could be considered one
    jondoe
    +1
    I will openly say I would kill a pres. who tries to dictate me so I guess Im definitely one!! hahahaha ............go ahed and call the CIA I'll spit in thier fascist tool face!

10:00 minute long video but plz watch you might be suprised.This is 1 part of a 30 part video if you want to fallow up on it go to youtube and look up ring of power.

dictate guess hahahaha ahed cia ill spit thier fascist tool

#1 assassin

[explicit ] Also a history lesson!!

• patchesm27 2008/06/28 06:34:07
    Yes..I could be considered one
    patchesm27
    +1
    we need to protect our rights, they keep chipping away at them
  • ♥~Rainb... patchesm27 2008/06/28 14:47:44
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +2
    the American people need the cage the "animals" in Washington!
  • Dogg ~ Ready for war 2008/06/28 04:10:07
    Yes..I could be considered one
    Dogg ~ Ready for war
    +1
    God I hope so
  • Roxie 2008/06/28 02:14:56
    Let me think about it for a while
    Roxie
    +1
    I do have a limit on how much I will put up with!
  • River Rat 2008/06/27 21:10:27
  • Daryl 2008/06/27 18:02:07
    Daryl
    +1
    The bias in Mr. Whitehead's article is astounding:

"You just have to adopt or promote a belief system that differs with the government, which is easy enough in these times of economic instability, expansive government powers and endless wars."

We have tremendous economic stability compared to our history.

'endless wars' is code fore "I don't want others to fight for me any more".

The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007 is good law and an example of the government doing what it is supposed to do...to protect citizens right to life.
  • ♥~Rainb... Daryl 2008/06/27 18:38:44
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +3
    Art... i dont know what news you get or what papers you read.. but we are not a economicly stable nation... endless wars is exactly what is means... i think that what you should have gotten from it was endless wars that serve no legitimate purpose.......

the VRHTPA is not a good law... it is an example of the abuse of power that the Bush administration and Congress has forced upon the people of this nation... it is illegal and it undermines the Constitution with regards to our civil liberties..... my right to life is to live as a free thinking individual... and the gov't is not honoring that... by stating that if i speak out and others listen than i am a terrorist?? how can you not see that this is irrational?
  • Daryl ♥~Rainb... 2008/06/27 19:19:50
    Daryl
    +1
    If you don't think we are economically stable then you either are not familiar with US history or don't know how people in other countries live.

Ask yourself this: If the US is not economically stable, why have tens of millions of people risked their lives to come here illegally and hundreds of millions would like to live here?
  • ♥~Rainb... Daryl 2008/06/27 20:30:30
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +3
    oh Art... you and I have differing views of the world and world issues .. maybe you live in an area that the economy is thriving ... but i do not.. i live in the Cleveland area... hit hard by loss of jobs and outsourcing... i dont see legal or illegal immigrants passing through here as much as i did in the past.. there are no jobs available... for anyone.... Ohio has been hit hard by NAFTA... as well as another state i lived in until 2 years ago... Pennsylvania .. Erie to be more specific... the only jobs there are in the tourist industry.... food service a possible job at one of the 3 hospitals.... and General Electric.. Locomotive Division... here in Ohio.. i can get into my car and drive in rural areas and see houses for sale... at least 2 every block... people can not keep up with the rising costs.. at least if they are legal US citizens... when there are no jobs to be had... there is no spending in the economy
  • Daryl ♥~Rainb... 2008/06/28 08:46:06
    Daryl
    +1
    I have friends in Lorain and I never said there were no problems but certainly our economy is stable.

What we have is a crisis of bleakness. People are overreacting to an economic correction.

Unemployment remains low by historical standards.
    Inflation remains moderate by historical standards.
    Immigrants (legal and otherwise) continue to stream into the US and seem to have no problem finding work.

Let go of your panic and you will find we Americans are in very good shape.
  • ♥~Rainb... Daryl 2008/06/28 14:45:47
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    Art... i swear sometimes you fudge the facts to get people to vote a certain way..lol

can you show me some figures to your claims... i would really like to see them...

i am not in a panic Art... i am deeply concerned... when i used to be able to feed myself and my 2 kids for 75-100 dollars a week and now it costs me well into 160 .. gas topping 140 dollars and barrel ... with no end in sight ... people have to make hard choices everyday to survive... i do worry! i have seen so many hard working people lose so much in the last 6 years.... and before anyone says anything... no.. they did not live out of their means as far as spending and credit and such......... this is a real problem ...involving real people..... i see what is happening.. i do not pay any attention to what gov't statistics say....... reality is reality
  • Daryl ♥~Rainb... 2008/06/28 17:53:22
    Daryl
    +1
    I would like to think I don't fudge facts:

http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba/ba...
  • ♥~Rainb... Daryl 2008/06/29 00:54:47 (edited)
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    oh come on Art... i meant that in a joking way...

i still do not buy into gov't or private statistics... they just do not spell out the truth to ME... ;o) there are always going to be polls and statistics that favor one side or the other... i like to use my own judgement..
  • Daryl ♥~Rainb... 2008/06/29 01:58:46
    Daryl
    +1
    I think you are wise to use your own judgment.

A good economy does not mean the absence of pain.

There are still some people unemployed, companies go out of business and some must work two jobs even in a good economy.

Compared to our history and in comparison to almost all other nations, the US is doing very, very well.

If you want to see misery, wait until we move further and further toward the socialist models the left wants.
  • ♥~Rainb... Daryl 2008/06/29 15:08:08
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    i understand that there wont be absence of pain in a strong economy... but what i am seeing now is more than pain ... it is economic torture for so many...

what about the nations that typically do worse than the US and are now their economies are thriving ahead of ours? I see that as a warning sign....

you already i know i agree with you on issues concerning this nation that is heading toward socialism... what an ugly time that is going to be
  • Daryl ♥~Rainb... 2008/06/29 22:50:03
    Daryl
    +1
    We have problems but it seems too many people think of the wrong solution:

-Healthcare is expensive...start socialized medicine that will make it more expensive and lower the quality.
    -Fuel is expensive...don't drill or build nuclear power plants, spend hundreds of billions on technologies that don't work.
    -Wages are dropping in certain sectors...refuse to enforce existing immigration laws.

We have seen the rise of China mostly because they adopted practices that made America great...free enterprise and national sovereignty.
  • jondoe Daryl 2008/07/02 08:38:14 (edited)
    jondoe
    +2
    Our great country is less economically stable than the E.U.,China,Japan,thiland, even the land down under,and so on and so on!! So I do not see how you can take a few 3rd world countries and basicly say that every country that is not made of gold is 3rd world.Pluss the national debt clock in new york had to be extended because we did not think wee would see the day when we would put $10,000,000,000 (i think thats ten billion) on it!! And 'o' by the way saposed 3rd world countries are among the richest places in the wourld because there government keeps there people oppresed so that the ellite can pocket all of the wealth, meaning all of the oil ect. and sell it to countries with curency worth more than thairs.So in turn we are responcible (spell check) for helping to keep them oppressed.
  • Daryl jondoe 2008/07/02 18:30:25
    Daryl
    +1
    OK, then why did tens of millions of people risk their lives to come here illegally and hundreds would gladly live here if they could?

(Thailand?...isn't there a civil war in Thailand?)
  • ♥~Rainb... Daryl 2008/07/04 08:16:14
    ♥~Rainbow~♥
    +1
    i cant comment .. i want to see how he responds...
  • jondoe Daryl 2008/07/06 18:42:16
    jondoe
    +1
    You must not have read my comment because you would have seen that I did not say they are coming here for ,political reasons.And thats what they are doing.Not because of poverty, and that was the whole reason for the disagreement.
  • jayc32~... Daryl 2008/06/27 22:44:24
    jayc32~just me~
    +3
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
    Thomas Jefferson

"I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us, that the less we use our power the greater it will be."
    Thomas Jefferson

"He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death."
    Thomas Paine

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
    Thomas Paine

This is how the government is supposed to protect the citizens right to life.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." (Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-8)
  • jayc32~just me~ 2008/06/27 17:39:41
    Yes..I could be considered one
    jayc32~just me~
    +1
    I disagree with the government on quite a lot..so I guess I am.

2014/07/31 21:41:07