Are you a good, bad, or ugly CHURCH MEMBER

Dennis C Latham 2010/01/03 15:51:51
Do you just warm a bench ?
warm bench
Do you do a little to help out the church vision ?
warm bench church vision
Do you go all out to make the vision of the church a reality ?
warm bench church vision vision church reality
Do you put JESUS FIRST in EVERYTHING YOU DO - Even family, church, and country ?
bench church vision vision church reality jesus family church country

• mae 2010/01/15 00:07:59
    Good
    mae
    +1
    Trying to do and ogey the will of God is enough.
  • Getreal 2010/01/14 05:48:02
    Ugly
    Getreal
    I don't believe in Church. I believe in the people. Do good and praise God anywhere, no church is needed.
  • wombat 2010/01/06 18:14:03
    Spectacular
    wombat
    I am not a member of anything.
  • seathanaich 2010/01/03 18:16:16 (edited)
    Spectacular
    seathanaich
    Hi Dennis. I'm an atheist, and don't attend a church. But I would like to comment on your last question, because I think it's important: people who put "Jesus" before country.

When Muslims put Allah before "country", they are accused by Christians as being "un-[insert nationality here]", "disloyal", "part of an Islamic agenda of world domination", etc.

Yet when Christians put Jesus before "country", they are praised by Christians as being "patriotic", "loyal", "true to their heritage", etc.

Why is this double-standard not more obvious to the hypocrites who hold it?

It seems to me that any person who puts their god and religion before their neighbours, community, nation, and government - when it is NOT appropriate to do so - is a threat to all of these things, since it can be argued that they value theocracy more than democracy. Note that I'm not saying that they must ALWAYS put their religion second, only that there are many instances where they need to recognise the need to do so.

Hoping for intelligent discussion, not mindless argument. Cheers.
  • Dennis ... seathan... 2010/01/04 13:28:17 (edited)
    Dennis C Latham
    um .. first off ....

The GOD I SERVE and the JESUS I follow ?

does not teach war
    does not teach or condone hatred ....

but they do teach me to love my neighbor and pray for them
    if I have a problem with someone ... .I am to go to them and talk with them - solve it

and if that doesn't work ? I am to go again - this time with someone else - a higher

I am taught to forgive my brother and sisters 7 x 70 times.

so where ever you are getting your false information ?
    It's probably the reason you are an Atheist.

and why answer when I was targeting Church Members ...
  • seathan... Dennis ... 2010/01/04 19:47:04
    seathanaich
    None of this has anything to do with my post. As I said at the end, I was hoping for an intelligent discussion of the point I had raised, not just a bunch of mindless, off-topic "witnessing".

I asked a relatively specific and interesting question. If you don't want to respond to it, then don't. Hopefully someone else will.
  • Dennis ... seathan... 2010/01/04 20:54:13
    Dennis C Latham
    ""I asked a relatively specific and interesting question.""

what is that question ?
  • seathan... Dennis ... 2010/01/04 22:04:29
    seathanaich
    See the question in the fourth paragraph below this one. Honestly, two people have commented on your question, and you need me to repeat things?

"I would like to comment on your last question, because I think it's important: people who put "Jesus" before country.

• Dennis ... seathan... 2010/01/06 19:07:58
    Dennis C Latham
    why can't you just ask it again ....
    I have a lot of things to do

I have had to ask question 10 times and never gotten an answer ...
    if you can't ask again ?
    I'm not about to re read a page of comments to find a needle in a hey stack.
  • seathan... Dennis ... 2010/01/12 00:23:04
    seathanaich
    Only three people even responded to your post. If you think looking at two or three posts constitutes searching through a "haystack", that pretty much says it all.
  • Dennis ... seathan... 2010/01/15 23:38:45
    Dennis C Latham
    I don't look back
    be gone evil one .....
  • seathan... Dennis ... 2010/01/18 22:24:13
    seathanaich
    If people who disagree with you are "evil" . . .

People who redefine words always seem to be out to lunch.
  • Dennis ... seathan... 2010/01/19 03:17:31
    Dennis C Latham
    ""If people who disagree with you are "evil" ""

not disagree fool

choose to lie in order to discredit the TRUTH
  • seathan... Dennis ... 2010/01/19 06:17:29
    seathanaich
    "fool"

Ah, name calling. You are a good Christian.

"choose to lie in order to discredit the TRUTH"

Ah, capitalising the word "truth" to let others know you're not talking about real "truth", but instead "your religious opinion". Again, that's very Christian too.
  • Dennis ... seathan... 2010/01/19 11:50:05
    Spectacular
    You left out interesting. Every human on Earth and a few Humans that are dead are Good, bad, and ugly. Problems with any of them and with yourself are all individual so I'd have you be more specific but in general You are as evil as they are the difference is (1) they don't want to be evil anymore. (2) They work as a hired hand preaching the gospel to those who have not heard that Jesus Christ is Born to save the sinner (3) They rescue the poor, but not as governments rescue, (4) When all are buried from their generation they will be in Heaven with the God they loved.

2014/09/19 03:47:50