Are women doomed if/when we enter apocalyptic environment?

Michael Kentish 2012/05/06 00:15:05
Related Topics: Rights, Environment
Female rights aren't temporary.
Female protection won't be a state issue.

Read More: http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/01/18/girls-on-film...

• Melizmatic 2012/05/07 17:04:43
    Melizmatic
    +3
    In the event of the fall of civilization as we know it, it will be every PERSON for him or herself, more than likely.

If anything is "doomed," its our self-destructive species as a whole, not one gender over another.

O_o

• Selketskiss 2012/05/10 13:25:36 (edited)
    Selketskiss
    I am clever, I have weapons, can make traps for animals and humans, I have provisions and can grow some foods etc. and can kick some a$$ and am not afraid to kill to survive in any environment...but some women will be taken advantage of
    This was a good movie....
  • Melizmatic Selkets... 2012/05/11 17:54:39
    Melizmatic
    +1
    SOME women will, just as some men will.

Not all.
  • Selkets... Melizmatic 2012/05/12 01:26:06
    Selketskiss
    Yes I see I should have used the word some..thanks
  • Michael... Selkets... 2012/05/17 04:47:32
    Michael Kentish
    +1
    I say more woman will, except those that aren't protected, but whats the price of protection in a world governed by the men protecting(but on a smaller, local scale, with laws or rules they create) even in that safe environment danger is possible for today's privileged and in this situation ignorant women. I know women like you... creative, thinkers, strong, not afraid but you gotta think about the % of women out there, there are more feminine women who accept being taken care of at least in a safety capacity.

And yeah...I worked at blockbuster when eli and the road came out and I was the only one offering the road as a rental, my favorite of the two, it was scary ya know, like it would be in rl, some moments made me think, wow, itd be hard to survive in that world
  • Selkets... Michael... 2012/05/22 05:54:28
    Selketskiss
    I agree it would be very hard to survive in a world like that and it could/would turn one into an animal....
  • gnice123 2012/05/07 20:27:37
    gnice123
    +1
    Please define "apocalyptic environment"

Greg P.
  • Michael... gnice123 2012/05/07 23:31:17
    Michael Kentish
    +1
    I would think it obvious that you could imagine the specified environment. I'll say, chaotic, total destruction, maybe after nuclear, or the result of a war between super powers, not many buildings standing, places that aren't populated now, can be found deserted or with packs of survivors, who join in small groups to protect themselves from others, who have abandoned law. A small military force remaining if that's what your getting at, due to the impact of the event. So, if your'e thinking there would be military or police protection, it wouldn't be, because there numbers aren't as overwhelming, and if so that pack travels in a large group trying to bring about order, but there are still millions of citizens roaming without the chance of military protection. I can go into detail, but basically a lawless environment.

This question was based off of the link that I posted, that talks about films that show this type environment, I.E, Eli, Jericho, or a good and now possible example I Am Legend... etc...
  • gnice123 Michael... 2012/05/08 14:14:35
    gnice123
    +1
    Oh ok I see the link now. Hollywood likes the idea of the damsel in distress so it doesn't surprise me that movies tend to involve some woman in need of saving from a man, and when it's the opposite (Ellen Ripley for example) it's novel.

In real life, I suspect it won't be based on gender who ends of being the protector and who becomes the protected. It will probably have more to do with personality than gender.

Greg P.
  • Michael... gnice123 2012/05/09 23:05:49
    Michael Kentish
    +1
    interesting, i think it depends on if militairy still has enough manpower, we all know there are animals out there, i mean crazy things happen today, when theres chaos, i could only imagine if women were just left to defend themselves, even with a few strong ones amongst the group
  • Melizmatic 2012/05/07 17:04:43
    Melizmatic
    +3

O_o
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/05/06 03:15:13
    Female rights aren't temporary.
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +3
    Of course not. Without women any environment will be brief. :)
  • Melizmatic jubil8 ... 2012/05/07 17:01:09
  • Michael... jubil8 ... 2012/05/07 23:33:25
    Michael Kentish
    ...there would still be women... they just wouldn't have the...hmm... luxuries they have atm.
  • Cal 2012/05/06 01:32:16
    Cal
    Not an issue at all. Not unless you believe fabricated liberal talking points.
  • Maria 2012/05/06 01:11:44
    Maria
    not unless you're working harder then in long run will be fine....never mind about men because no time for men...just focus on yourself well being first like go college and get career you really desire ...then later you can have grow up common sense guy who have job, respect for who you are etc...love will come around when you see one..
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/05/06 00:59:28 (edited)
    RicardoCabeza
    If they hang out with me they will be safe (from other lecherous old Men) until I get whacked.
  • David Hussey 2012/05/06 00:49:05
    David Hussey
    +2
    No.

Female Rights? What exactly is a "Female Right"? I thought there were only peoples rights
  • Michael... David H... 2012/05/07 23:35:23 (edited)
    Michael Kentish
    +1
    I'm not sure human rights exist today, if you look at whats happening today. They may be written or known, but are they being equally carried out for every one. Men still make more money than women in the work enviornment today.
  • David H... Michael... 2012/05/08 01:07:42
    David Hussey
    I would have to agree with you. The point I was trying to make was that the very notion of "Female Rights" is as sexist as it gets. If someone feels women need a different set of rights than men, then they have to stop talking about equality.

I am an employer and everyone who works for me is paid the same rate. Yet in spite of this pay equity, not once in over a decade have the women in my employ earned as much over the year as the men. This is nothing but a reflection of the fact that they miss more work than their male counterparts do.

I say this not because I begrudge them the time off if they need it, but I often wonder how much of the statistical 'income disparity' is related to something like this? I don't doubt they exist, but personally I know of nobody who is doing the same work as a coworker who is paid less than their coworker because they are female. Do you know of any specific instances of this?
  • Feria~B... David H... 2012/05/08 02:02:20
    Feria~Badass of PHAET~
    +2
    I agree, actually. Equality means equal, not wanting more than the other sex. From everything to haw much a person earns to even jail time for the same crime.
  • Michael... David H... 2012/05/08 09:19:33 (edited)
    Michael Kentish
    +1
    I saw this on the news, its like %15 difference, I believe it was CNN, I'm sure google has multiple examples. They gave many reasons as to why this takes place. I understand were your coming from as well, but reality is reality.
  • David H... Michael... 2012/05/09 00:34:56
    David Hussey
    As I had said, I don't doubt it exists in some places and to some extent. I would offer a word of caution though, CNN is jardly a good place to find reality
  • Mr. T 2012/05/06 00:39:41
    Mr. T
    +2
    Not as long as there are honorable men still around.
  • Melizmatic Mr. T 2012/05/07 17:01:55
    Melizmatic
    +1
    Psssh.
  • Feria~Badass of PHAET~ 2012/05/06 00:39:08
  • Melizmatic Feria~B... 2012/05/07 17:05:06
  • Beccy 2012/05/06 00:33:32
    Thanks to all the women who didn't want to be traditional I think many women don't have choices
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/05/06 00:27:44
    Rusty Shackleford
    +1
    The pretty ones and the ones who know how to cook will be just fine.

2014/10/31 18:44:12