Are there more Blacks than White people on Welfare

BurntOffering 2009/02/23 15:34:28
More Blacks
More White
The racist attack by the GOP and Presidential Candidate Newt Leroy Gingrich knows there are more Whites on Welfare or Receiving food stamps. Although he claims to be waiting for an invitation from the NAACP. Although I understand if the NAACP does not extend an invitation to him, I really wish they would; and then beat his white pasty Ass

• ZanetaAdams 2010/04/15 03:54:41
    ZanetaAdams
    +3
    I am leaving a comment because I am mystified. It is really sad to have to have this conversation. There are many people on welfare. Those who have become disabled and hardly worked: Welfare..Those who just came out the military and may need food stamps to get by until they have a job (yeah it happens and it happens a lot): welfare.. Big banks and wall street moguls getting billion dollar ...welfare...pay outs... These people like Black, White, Asian, Native American, Hispanic, and the list goes on. Every person on welfare is not lazy. There are actually some people who use it to get the help the need for the time they need it and move on. There are hard working people on welfare and there are lazy people working in jobs. Yes I said lazy!!! Like the person from Mcdonalds who was too lazy to walk over and get me extra napkins or the lazy coworker who drops something on the floor and fails to pick it up. We as a people need to stop stereotyping people and just look at them as people. I was wounded while serving for Operation Iraqi Freedom. I served 8 years. When I got out, my check was over and that was it. Goodbye military, hello nothing because your injured. Should I allow my children to starve while my husband tried his best to help us survive on now a one income family or should I apply for food stamps while I await my fate from the VA? Many different stories as to why people do what they do and none the same. Let's just get along and stop judging...lest we be judged.

• Rascalflattsgirl 2010/07/18 16:25:52
    Rascalflattsgirl
    +1
    @ Justonemom. You need to get a life.... I do not care what race collects the most welfare! I care that by God's grace a child is not going to bed hungry or worst, homeless.
  • Shodan Rascalf... 2011/04/21 12:25:43
    Shodan
    +2
    Then YOU open your dang bank account to them and stop trying to spend MY money for me ! ! !
  • ZanetaAdams 2010/04/15 03:54:41
    ZanetaAdams
    +3
  • BurntOf... ZanetaA... 2010/04/19 22:44:46
    BurntOffering
    The reason for the question is because some folks were judging; Wrong. They have believed the sterotyped depicted across the World Web Tele Viewers. But in a perfect world you would be Right; but still thats not the topic of the question now is it?
    You mean to tell me that you got injured and get no kinda of workman's compensation?

Thank you for serving and fighting for what ever reason they told you, but maybe you should have never gone.

Peace out
  • PREMO D 2009/11/12 05:20:51
    More White
    PREMO D
    ALL OF YOU WITH THE PERCENTAGE POINTS GET IN POLITICTS AND FIX THE PROBLEM TO NONE. DAMN!!!
  • BurntOf... PREMO D 2009/11/12 05:35:14
    BurntOffering
    Politicts? wtf? LOL
  • BurntOf... PREMO D 2010/02/07 07:49:24
  • twisted 2009/09/30 15:37:50
    More White
    twisted
    +3
    Statistics show more whites on welfare no matter how you break it down, it's just hard accepting the truth, I understand.
  • NotTooS... twisted 2011/03/16 23:04:42
    NotTooSwiftAreYa
    +2
    Lol. It's just hard for you to understand what the truth means. Simple (I mean, grade-school simple) math skills would suffice to understand that the fact that there are more whites on welfare means absolutely nothing in this context, since there are about six times more whites than blacks in the nation's population, yet the number of whites and blacks on welfare is almost equal. Therefore (this is the reeeally tricky part, Poindexter) blacks depend on welfare at roughly FIVE TIMES the rate whites do. (No, there's no contradiction between the six and the five; I don't have time to try to explain that to you when you can't even grasp simple percentages)
  • John Smith twisted 2011/11/16 15:03:54
    John Smith
    For an uneducated person, yes, this is how it would appear. When you take the population into account (which means the total amount the numbers were derived from), you can actually get an accurate result. So no matter how you look at it CORRECTLY you will see that blacks are in more need of help. I am saying this because you are wrong and it is not my intention to comment on race but accurate figures.
  • reed67 2009/08/16 18:43:42
    reed67
    First of all this is a trick this question is designed to call people racist. I Most of the data is not up to date. I know what I see & as I've stated before here in the Southeast it's blacks. There are more blacks here then any where else in the country. So that might have something to do with it as well. I guess it really depends where you live.
  • Betsy Ross reed67 2010/01/28 00:00:38
    Betsy Ross
    +3
    And what exactly is it that you see? Everyone's private income sources and you know - by seeing - who gets a welfare check and who doesn't? Wow. Quite a lot of information you have visible to you!
  • reed67 Betsy Ross 2010/01/28 04:50:25
    reed67
    +1
    Come down to where I live & I'll show you. Something like this isn't based on what the books tell you. Numbers can be fudged.
  • Not a welfare queen 2009/08/16 18:27:25
    More Blacks
    Not a welfare queen
    +1
    While the percentage of whites on welfare is slightly higher, remember that blacks only comprise 13% of the population. Approximately 37% of welfare recipients are black, so percentage wise they are taking much more from the system than they should. What do republicans have to do with that?
  • Kiltit 2009/06/09 18:03:53
    Kiltit
    An educated guess would say that whites, being the majority race in the USA, would have more on welfare. But hey, let's not let an education get in the way of myth building.
  • alonnastorm 2009/06/09 06:23:42
    More White
    alonnastorm
    look it up!
  • BK 2009/02/25 14:02:49
    BK
    +2
    Who cares? Does it make any difference to anyone who isn't prejudiced, one way or the other? I know for a fact that there are more whites (and yes, I knew this before someone posted the actual numbers below.) The problem is, no one should be on welfare: white, black, asian, latino, martian, whatever. The goverments purpose isn't the redistribution of wealth.
  • zcberry 2009/02/24 14:49:31
    More White
    zcberry
    +1
    white Hell their are more illegal aliens on gov assistance.
  • Differe... zcberry 2009/03/11 23:09:47
    Different  ♥
    +1
    You betcha!! :)
  • BurntOf... zcberry 2009/03/17 04:58:53
    BurntOffering
    +1
    Well some people do; and some people think wrongly. But not you, you got it correct although it has not permiated through some folks yet. Personaly, Priase God; I've never been on welfare; athough I could have used it at a time or at least my family members. There is nothing Wrong with Welfare.....People need help sometimes to get on their feet or just to maintain. The only problem is that you have to do it their way. Wouldnt it be funny if the Stimulas package worked the same for AIG? But thats another story.

Peace out
  • reed67 BurntOf... 2009/08/16 18:36:27
    reed67
    Yes welfare breeds lazy people of ALL colors There are still jobs out there if people want to work.
  • BurntOf... reed67 2011/11/16 16:50:16
    BurntOffering
    No College Grad or 50year old wants needs or can use a minimum wage job. The notion that there are jobs out there just aint so unless your daddy or grandpappy happens to be GW Bush
  • luly 2009/02/24 01:23:19
    luly
    +1
    Not sure,In the early 60's my mom had to turn to welfare for help.It was so degrading for her. Dad had passed away & she was left with 11 children out of 13 still at home. Mom had an 8th grade ed. She got her G.E.D. and learned to drive a car at the age of 46. She found a good job working for the state and retired from it. During that time she also purchased a home. If my mom can get off welfare anybody can..but you have to want it bad enough...We are a white family. I always figured we were more like "Heinz 57" not too many people are pure bloodied anything anymore.
  • Differe... luly 2009/03/11 23:09:24
    Different  ♥
    +1
    The author of the post didn't rave you on this? Good comment luly and kudos to your mother. If she can do it at 46, anyone can!
  • Diane 2009/02/24 00:25:54
    More White
    Diane
    Here are the statistics on welfare recipients:
    Traits of families on AFDC (1)

Race
    --------------
    White 38.8%
    Black 37.2
    Hispanic 17.8
    Asian 2.8
    Other 3.4

Time on AFDC
    ---------------------------
    Less than 7 months 19.0%
    7 to 12 months 15.2
    One to two years 19.3
    Two to five years 26.9
    Over five years 19.6

Number of children
    -------------------
    One 43.2%
    Two 30.7
    Three 15.8
    Four or more 10.3

Age of Mother
    ------------------
    Teenager 7.6%
    20 - 29 47.9
    30 - 39 32.7
    40 or older 11.8

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo...
  • NotTooS... Diane 2011/03/16 23:09:09
    NotTooSwiftAreYa
    +2
    yes, and whites comprise 74.8% of the population, while blacks make up only 12.4% Yet there are almost equal numbers on welfare? This is Sesame Street arithmetic, folks.
  • John Smith Diane 2011/11/16 15:08:27
    John Smith
    Why do people keep going off of these. First off, they are most likely inaccurate for three reasons. 1. They are from 1994 (supposedly, but could be older). 2. They don't take the total population into account. 3. This has been the only study publicly done (obviously for a reason) as you can tell they didn't even use the word race. They said "traits"? Wow, someone is scared to post real stats based on race.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2009/02/23 23:23:14
  • JDC~The Shootist~ 2009/02/23 22:48:29
    More White
    JDC~The Shootist~
    +3
    It is the republicans that have started this one, I don't follow you here the answer is there are more whites on welfare.
  • Diane JDC~The... 2009/02/24 00:27:23
  • Mika Diane 2009/03/21 23:55:58
    Mika
    +2
    Did that make you happy
  • John Smith Diane 2011/11/16 15:11:06
  • Jwalden --- Constitution Party 2009/02/23 22:35:05
    More White
    Jwalden --- Constitution Party
    +2
    either way, it is a sad matter that needs to be dealt with, primarily by getting government out of 'babysitting'
    An excellent author who has written on the welfare matter.
    white sad dealt government babysitting excellent author written welfare white sad dealt government babysitting excellent author written welfare
  • Ryoko 2009/02/23 18:09:49 (edited)
    Ryoko
    +1
    What? Excuse me? What are you talking about? What the hell kind of question is this? I'm on Welfare, okay? I'm not black or white, but I do happen to notice that it is actually more Hispanic people on Welfare. When I go, I don't really see many blacks or whites. Either way, someone's race shouldn't matter. The person's situation has nothing to do with whether they are white or black. This question is ridiculous and irrelevant.
  • BurntOf... Ryoko 2009/02/23 18:14:12
    BurntOffering
    +4
    The only thing ridiculas and irrelevant is your response; because I already posted the statistics of all, including those who just mark themselves as "other". The reason for this post is because some of the Obama haters are going around saying Black folks are the biggest benefactor of Welfare.
  • zcberry BurntOf... 2009/02/24 14:52:32
    zcberry
    I am glad you put this out there, people need to know the truth!!
  • NotTooS... zcberry 2011/03/16 23:11:26
    NotTooSwiftAreYa
    +3
    We already did! As the posted facts clearly show, blacks are VASTLY disproportionately dependent upon welfare.
  • Mpyle BurntOf... 2011/12/08 17:34:57
    Mpyle
    +2
    facts are facts percent wise they are the biggest users of welfare
  • Mpyle Ryoko 2011/12/08 17:34:21
    Mpyle
    +1
    And why are you on welfare why don't you work
  • Ryoko Mpyle 2012/03/27 19:58:51
    Ryoko
    Look, I don't like race questions like this. I know that whichever race is higher, people are gonna look down on them. As for me, since I have experience with welfare, I don't look at it as which race is taking more money from welfare, but rather as different people who are either down on their luck, been through hard times or, yes, mooching off the government rather than work. That being said, I don't like these 'stats', accurate or not, because guaranteed ignorant people will think that whichever race is highest on the stats, will be looked at as taking advanage of welfare instead of working. And in this economy, how can we judge anybody for seeking assistance so their families won't starve?

2014/11/23 06:00:10