Are there any liberal members of the KKK?

☠Marz555☠ 2009/01/17 08:50:57

• ~Drew~ 2009/02/09 21:18:08
    yes, there are plenty of liberal racist klansmen
    ~Drew~
    +12
    plenty liberal racist klansmen

Byrd joined the Ku Klux Klan when he was 24 in 1942. His local chapter unanimously elected him Exalted Cyclops.

According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did." Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops.

In 1944, Byrd wrote to segregationist Mississippi Senator Theodore Bilbo:

“ I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds. ”
    — Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944,

• Airhead 2012/08/09 14:12:38 (edited)
    no, only klansmen are conserevatives
    Airhead
    Theres a huge difference between the modern liberal democrats and the conservative democrats of yesteryear. -_- Most of you are dangerously misinformed.

faux news
  • lowerclassrock666 2009/07/31 19:42:04
    lowerclassrock666
    but there not really liberal they use it because of nazi sympathy its like them calling themselves christian there not really but they do have conserevative values
  • ☠Marz555☠ lowercl... 2009/08/01 16:39:00
    ☠Marz555☠
    All klansmen are liberal at heart, because they love jesus.
  • lowercl... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/08/01 19:14:04
    lowerclassrock666
    wouldn't that make them conservative?
  • ☠Marz555☠ lowercl... 2009/09/14 15:56:12
    ☠Marz555☠
    nazis seemed pretty conservative to me.... but they killed liberally.
  • lowercl... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/09/14 23:29:31
    lowerclassrock666
    +1
    A-ha! but there conservitive got you there, check and mate.
  • ☠Marz555☠ lowercl... 2009/09/16 16:13:02
    ☠Marz555☠
    You would be suprised at the number of right wing haters who claim that nazis and the kkk were filled with "evil liberals", not conservitive douchebags.... no those are the "good god fearing folks".

They just wont eat the dinner that they made for themselves... even though they like that crap.
  • lowercl... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/09/16 23:47:30
    lowerclassrock666
    +1
    That is very true.
  • Attila 2009/06/18 12:29:51
    Attila
    I have not met a single one that was not registared Democrat. They use that party because it is the only one liberal enough that they can utilize it freely with out fear of removal. They feel they are a special rights group. Ya I have lived around them many years. They hate Catholics and Masons as well. Another reason I am always armed.
  • ☠Marz555☠ Attila 2009/06/20 04:41:35
    ☠Marz555☠
    those damn nazi liberal klansmen... with their christianity, greed and guns.
  • Attila ☠Marz555☠ 2009/06/20 14:16:46
    Attila
    they are damned. They have a belief but it isn't Christian.
  • ☠Marz555☠ Attila 2009/07/12 17:31:52
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    Not "real" christians... anyway, LOL

all a matter of preception...
  • OLK 2009/05/20 20:14:06
    OLK
    +1
    i had a dream that one day all men and women were created eqal regardless of their color or skin tone halleula AMEN BRO
  • cantomagica 2009/02/10 08:32:56 (edited)
    cantomagica
    +1
    The problem with your question is, you won't allow anybody to mention anybody from the old Leftist party, and you just can't get that kind of information about modern day KKK. So what's the point? You can't deny, nor can you verify the truth unless you are a part of the KKK. You're just trying to stir up a hornets nest, aren't you? Then you think you can call us conservative republicans all racists, which we know is a favorite past time of the left. How stupid.
  • LadyeCatte cantoma... 2010/09/25 19:37:19
    LadyeCatte
    Not true! KKK'ers are coming out all the time these days, thanks to the Tea Party! Dan Shreunder, Murdough, Harry Bertram, Glen Miller, Billy Roper .. they're taking it high!

Not a one claims to be Liberal. A lot of Tea Party endorsements, though!!
  • cantoma... LadyeCatte 2010/10/01 19:28:46
    cantomagica
    I'm sick to death of the whole "Tea Partier's are racist's" BS. It's a lie started by the left, and you know it. They have even invaded decent Tea Parties with signs to make us look bad...it's been proven, so you have no argument, and you still have no proof.
  • yes, there are plenty of liberal racist klansmen
    ♥ Angelic Laughter ♥ In God we still trust ♥
    +3
    http://townhall.com/Columnist...
    I placed the question on google & it confirmed what I had heard on the History channel. The KKK was started by the Democrat party. TripMarz55, you need to check your History better before you start your blind rampages & hateful accusations. Click on the link read your History.
  • ☠Marz555☠ ♥ Angel... 2009/02/10 06:15:48 (edited)
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    yes it sure did... back then they were the republican party and the democrats of today are the republicans of yesteryear... everybody knows that.

but were the KKK liberal by any standards... hell no.
  • ♥ Angel... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/02/10 06:25:44
    +2
    You are a perfect example of a hateful democrat. Try watching the History channel sometime. I can't believe ayone would be as stupid as you are. I'm done.
  • ☠Marz555☠ ♥ Angel... 2009/02/10 06:35:16
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    The question was "liberal" not democrat or republican.... are there any "liberal">
  • ☠Marz555☠ ♥ Angel... 2009/02/10 06:41:59
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    I read that article... holy shit, you people are totally brainwashed beyond belief. To say that Hitler was a liberal and that the KKK is a liberal organization based sole on some rightwing blog. Damn, I feel sorry for America with people like you buying the very obvious B.S. you eat up like it was Velveta cheese on white toast.
  • ♥ Angel... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/02/10 07:14:39
    +2
    I didn't go to a right wing web site. I went through google, asking in the same manner as you did. I feel sorry for you, you can't face the truth if it stares you in the face.
  • cantoma... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/02/10 08:09:14
    cantomagica
    +1
    Velveeta on white toast...sounds disgusting. Processed cheese and bleached bread...not very healthy!
  • JO4USA 2009/02/10 02:40:14
    JO4USA
    +3
    Actually aware of one, the Democrat Byrd man. Not sure if he can comprehend liberalism. I can name a few others but not sure what their political views are.
    Is there a conservative Klansman in the rotting mess?
  • JO4USA JO4USA 2009/02/10 02:53:14
    JO4USA
    +3
    I read through the reply's in hopes to find a conservatives KKK name. Why hasn't anyone found one? Just one name is all I ask.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2009/02/10 01:27:23
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +4
    The only KKK members that I have ever known are liberal Democrats. I think someone is confused or has never known any if they think otherwise.
  • ☠Marz555☠ Gracie ... 2009/02/10 01:29:12 (edited)
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    lol... riiiiight.

I sense a serious case of denial.... LOL
  • Gracie ... ☠Marz555☠ 2009/02/10 01:32:06
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    Apparently you don't know too many southern KKK members do you?
  • ☠Marz555☠ Gracie ... 2009/02/10 02:07:21
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    I'm sure they are all for blacks and gay rights.... Kinda goes against the base doctrines of the KKK.
    blacks gay rights kinda base doctrines kkk
  • Airhead ☠Marz555☠ 2012/08/09 19:22:06
    Airhead
    Common sense being used on a sodahead political poll?!?!? I must friend you.
  • Airhead Gracie ... 2012/08/09 19:18:03 (edited)
    Airhead
    Thats funny, the ones that I've known were either Republican or Libertarian, but that is not the question at hand. He asked if they were liberal, nothing about their party affiliation. Their whole ideology goes against liberalism in almost every way.
  • Gracie ... Airhead 2012/08/09 23:49:39
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    And you don't live in the south, do you? I'm telling you that the ones that I've known, my father-in-law included, were Democrats and are Democrats still.
  • Airhead Gracie ... 2012/08/10 00:57:26 (edited)
    Airhead
    Makes sense, we all know the KKK loves gay rights, affirmative action, ACLU, gun bans, hate crime laws, etc, see where I'm going with this? Now without prancing around the question, are the KKK liberal Democrats? If you take a trip to stormfront.org you will see that white nationalists in general bash liberal democrats almost as bad as this site when it comes to politics.

PS I'm not even a liberal Democrat, I'm Libertarian, but I hate propaganda and what it does to people's common sense.
  • Gracie ... Airhead 2012/08/10 01:16:21
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    You're talking the NEW liberal. I promise you the old ones aren't for any of those things. What happens in America is the hi-jacking of terms and names. Progressivism was given a bad name and they took over the term liberal, which as you should know comes from what is now considered Classical Liberalism. Classical Liberalism is a political ideology that advocates limited government, constitutionalism, rule of law, due process, individual liberties including freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and free markets, which resembles Conservatism, not your idea of Liberalism.

So, if propaganda is what you hate, look no further than Progressives and Liberals for your perpetrators. Skinheads are more in line with Anarchists than Conservatism.
  • Airhead Gracie ... 2012/08/10 01:30:10 (edited)
    Airhead
    Thats what I've been saying the whole time. The whole argument of the KKK being liberal is moot, just half baked propaganda from the right. I don't like either extreme, both seem to be in a huge propaganda war, and the American intelligence is it's casualty. If you notice modern "conservative" republicans havent been behind that ideology either, just using that notion as a selling point. I am a fiscal Conservative, majority social liberal. Libertarianism is the closest I can come to my political ideology.
  • Gracie ... Airhead 2012/08/10 01:53:24
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    I think where the confusion lies is the FACT that the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democrat party, not in any way connected with the Republicans. It's the same propaganda that puts Hitler on the right, it's just a way for the liberals, who write history and political science in the universities, to distance themselves from Nazism. There is nothing Conservative about a skinhead.
  • Airhead Gracie ... 2012/08/10 03:30:15 (edited)
    Airhead
    Here's where the propaganda comes in.
    Use a fact like the KKK was founded by Democrats, there is no denying that truth.
    Then use a pseudo truth like the Democrats are liberal, thus the KKK is liberal.
    In reality, like you said the political ideologies changed names, therefore they are no longer liberal. The classical liberal ideology became closer to the modern Neocon's.
    Republicans are conservative, therefore enemies of the KKK?
    No, they are neocons

Now if you want to talk about Nazism, a totalitarian ideology supporting a form of communism that only benefits the nationals (Aryan). During the Third reich they first imprisoned communists that supported using combined resources for the nations population as a whole. They were for authoritarianism, ultra nationalism, anti immigration.

Most people who refer to Neocons as Nazis are actually referring to Neofascism, which is extreme neoconservative thought, authoritarianism, corporatism, anti immigration, ultra nationalism, ect
  • Gracie ... Airhead 2012/08/10 04:06:20
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    You're confusing the idea of national pride with racial pride, two different things. If you look at Hitler he was fixated on the race, the master race, and that transcended borders. He was born in Austria and wasn't even a German citizen. Hitler was an economic illiterate that cared little about corporatism beyond serving his purposes. His purpose in invading was about land expansion for his people and total power. Fascism is a cousin to communism, the opposite of totalitarianism is anarchy.
  • Airhead Gracie ... 2012/08/10 05:20:46 (edited)
    Airhead
    +1
    I'm actually agreeing with you, neocons are not nazis, nor fascists, and I wasnt confusing national pride with racial pride. I used the term ultra nationalism to illustrate extreme thought like America is the best country and has the best stuff and people and everybody elses country is inferior. I used the term neofascist to differentiate Nazi fascism from the traits similar to fascism's social ideology that is often seen in the modern conservatives. I was pointing out how liberals often use these similarities to link conservative Republicans with Nazis. As you pointed out, the opposite of totalitarianism is anarchy, neither is good for our society but at the same time both sides are pushing forms of totalitarianism. Under rule of both democrats and republicans the government is getting bigger and is being granted more power.
  • Gracie ... Airhead 2012/08/10 22:07:16
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    What makes America exceptional is our form of government and the entire concept of the Declaration of Independence. We are the country that believes that our rights come from our Creator, not government. That's what American Exceptionalism really means, not that we're better people.

2014/09/18 19:48:43