Are the West Memphis 3 guilty or innocent?

LoXx 2008/06/01 08:06:08
I still believe they're guilty.
I used to think they were guilty, but now I'm not so sure.
I have no idea/I don't care.
They are innocent. Free the 3!
In the past year, there has been been a lot evidence uncovered helping to clear them of their convictions.
After watching the video, let me know what you think.

West Memphis Three: Time for Truth from Brian Quist on Vimeo.

• Shane - oldschoolelf 2008/06/04 03:17:24
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Shane - oldschoolelf
    +5
    First time I heard about this. It's probably a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. That's my guess anyway. If I'm wrong, oh well. They seem to be very sincere about the events and whats going on now. I think they're innocent and somebody else was there to commit the crime.

• maxmax 2010/03/04 17:18:14
    maxmax
    +1
    I lived in Memphis at the time & remember this very well,but if these guys are not guilty then all involved need to find the killer, who may be right under there nose. It appears that a lot went wrong in this case, plus a lot of people got consideration that they didn't deserve.
  • dawn2311 2010/02/28 15:13:03
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    dawn2311
    +1
    Cops put their focus on a certain person and listen to no-one else as long as they have some one in Jail they do not care...I know first had that police do this first hand. These kids never should have been allowed to speak tp cops without parents. they were scared boys their selves. thinking that he would be let go. I do not believe they are guilty..
  • Gabi73 2010/02/28 08:33:40 (edited)
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Gabi73
    +1
    I watched the 48 Hours with this case; and I can feel that they truly are innocent. They have no supporting evidence to say that they were guilty. Damien was arrested "because he looked like he could be in a cult". I think it's pathetic how cops are just like "Your guilty. We know it. You're going to jail." without even really investigating. Its truly sad and I hope that for the sake of the children's families and these men that the truth is revealed and justice is served.
  • Deep007 2010/02/26 20:14:11 (edited)
    I still believe they're guilty.
    Deep007
    Whenever Hollywood gets involved, you know they're guilty. The vid is from a bunch of defense lawyers, what do ya expect. These MF should have hanged. Our tax dollars should not have been used to keep them scummy buts alive
  • Beach Deep007 2010/03/04 09:03:20 (edited)
    Beach
    +2
    "Narrowmindedness" Isn't that why this story is a story?

If you were to use hypothetical reasoning, would you continue to be close minded to new facts and biased towards those footing the bill so that these facts see the day of light?
  • Deep007 Beach 2010/03/04 11:54:24
    Deep007
    Naivete..compounded by a the superiority complex is your story. Blah blah.. blah... Hypothetically you're just confusing yourself..They did it.. Hang Em HIGH
  • Mckeags 2010/02/26 17:57:25 (edited)
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    Mckeags
    Usually in a case like this one of them would squeal on the other two til get a lighter sentance. but no1 has squealed on anyone in 16 years, maybe they are innocent. In the UK they probably would have been released by now. In America once you go to jail you usually stay there. i think they desearve a hearing and/or a retrial.
  • Vickip 2010/02/25 02:50:35
    Vickip
    +1
    With all I've read, they certainly deserve to have any/all new evidence looked at!! What a friggen fiasco!
  • Steford doesn't follow 2010/02/24 20:59:41
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Steford doesn't follow
    +1
    HELL YEAH they're INOCENT!
  • BubbaHoTep 2008/08/04 12:36:27
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    BubbaHoTep
    +1
    Didn't like your choices.
    Didn't watch the video, no sound...but, I did research the case a bit.
    Sounds like the cops were worse than the keystone kops. They seriously mishandled the evidence, the crime scene in general, the bodies, the interviews, the polygraphs, and pretty much anything else you can screw up.
    The cops say Echols failed the polygraph...but oh, neither the examiner nor the tester kept a record of it. The Cops say he confessed...but, oh yeah, They forgot they were supposed to be taping it.
    The cops questioned Misskelly for over 12 hrs, but only have the 45 minutes of him confessing details about the crime recorded. Oh, one more thing, the details he gave are inconsistent with the evidence...and he's border line mentally retarded.
    The cops refused an unsolicited offer of help from the Arkansas State Police Violent Crimes section...critics suggested this was due to the WMPD being investigated by the Arkansas State Police for suspected theft from the Crittenden County drug task force.
    The cops couldn't be much more unprofessional. They used paper sacks from the local grocery store for crime scene containers.
    I don't know who is guilty...but there is no way they should've ever been convicted.
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2008/07/09 19:48:01
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    I could see that an appeal would free them on many legal grounds....
    the religious rite is mostly to blame and the politics sorrounding it.... whats worse is that the real killers are free...
  • BubbaHoTep ☠Marz555☠ 2008/08/04 12:38:43
    BubbaHoTep
    +3
    I disagree...plain stupidity and gross incompetence by the WMPD is to blame.
  • TTT 2008/06/28 20:20:54
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    TTT
    If people can help clear the names of innocent people then they should be doing what they can to help...

otherwise, three people are in jail for a crime, and the system feels that this is good enough...

personally, i have no interest in the case, nor the video, i'm only answering because it was in my shared folder, and there's a not care option........
  • Matt 2008/06/28 16:34:23
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Matt
    +1
    How did they arrest them in the first place if there was no physical evidence? I think it was Satanic Panic.
  • NORI 2008/06/18 04:05:49
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    NORI
    eh i dont know if they get to be free then let them choose there freedom wisely if not i feel sorry for them
  • Maria 2008/06/06 01:25:11
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Maria
    +1
    it is pretty tough in that kind of situation, they're innocent should be retrial for this.
  • Seuskeeper 2008/06/06 00:54:46
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    Seuskeeper
    +1
    I do care but I do not know the whole story so I have no idea. Seems like this video is one sided though. Perhaps there is other things that the prosecution has that points to their guilt. After all why were they even questioned to begin with.
  • JESTER576 2008/06/05 23:39:26
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    JESTER576
    +1
    I read about this in Revolver. The only think the perscution had to go on was one of them had long black hair, wore black t shirts and listened to Metallica....oh yeah that's logical evidence right there. Plus there's no evidence to say that they did it.
  • <3 Americanista <3 2008/06/05 05:27:26
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    <3 Americanista <3
    +1
    Ever since the begining these 3 guys were free....
    before any of this evidence came to be seen by the world....

come to think of all the things that the presecutor was using against the three was incoherent, i knew that they only based their reasoning just b/c all of these 3 were different from everyone else.

FREE THE MEMPHIS THREE!!!!!!

WE ALL CAN SEE THAT JUSTICE IS BLIND..

AND FOR HOW LONG?????

HOW LONG WILL THIS BE GOING ON????

CORRUPTION WITHIN THE SYTEM WILL ALWAYS WEIGHT MORE THAN THE TRUTH OF THE VICTIMS.........

HERE IN THIS SUPPOSE GREAT COUNTRY OF DEMOCRACY, WHERE IS THIS JUSTICE THAT ONE TALKS ABOUT WHEN INCRIMINATED THESE 3 PERSONS?????

WHEN WILL IT ALL END???

??????
  • LoXx <3 Amer... 2008/06/05 06:52:30
    LoXx
    No, you mean that justice is SUPPOSED to be blind...right?.....
  • Jax 2008/06/05 00:30:41
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Jax
    +1
    Those damn cops Brow beat that boy and I'm glad they are finally getting down to the truth. Such a sad story. I hope they find the real killers.
  • Chamberlain 2008/06/04 20:12:54
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    Chamberlain
    +2
    I HATE MEMPHIS AND WEST MEMPHIS!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

NEVER GO THERE!!
  • LoXx Chamber... 2008/06/05 00:47:05
    LoXx
    +1
    West Memphis is in Arkansas, not Tennessee. Haha
  • Chamber... LoXx 2008/06/05 20:48:44
    Chamberlain
    +3
    I know that...lol.....I just moved out of Memphis last week end.
  • LoXx Chamber... 2008/06/05 23:04:03
    LoXx
    +1
    Well you made it sound like...ahh...nevermind? Haha
  • Chamber... LoXx 2008/06/06 17:37:33
    Chamberlain
    +3
    Nah, I just hate anything with the name Memphis now.
  • green eyed luck 2008/06/04 05:12:00
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    green eyed luck
    ???uhu
  • Heartagram Goddess 2008/06/04 04:53:16
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Heartagram Goddess
    +3
    Since when is being Goth or listening to gothic/rock music a crime? So because three boys dress a certain way or act a certain way, they should be doomed? That is some straight up bullshit! There is not a single shed of evidence that links these boys to this crime. Why they are still in prison is unexplainable to me. What kind of hillbilly jury convicted these children?!?! They have lost almost half of their lives on something that they had nothing to do with. What kind of blind justice is that?

I only hope that when, not if, WHEN Damien Echols is freed, I hope he sues to the everloving dog shit out of the justice system in West Memphis, Arkansas!! That man should never have to work another day in his life as far as I am concerned. FREE THE WEST MEMPHIS 3!!!!!!

http://www.wm3.org
    http://www.myspace.com/wm3org

If I ever win the lottery, I am sending a great sum of money to their legal defense. Every penny counts!!
  • Foo Master Angie 2008/06/04 04:46:51
    I have no idea/I don't care.
    Foo Master Angie
    +2
    Now security did not see him......
  • MATTGUNNS Foo Mas... 2008/06/04 04:48:11
  • Foo Mas... MATTGUNNS 2008/06/04 04:55:22
    Foo Master Angie
    +1
    There's a pretty little thing
    Waiting on the King
    Down in the Jungle Room
  • MATTGUNNS 2008/06/04 04:43:22
  • vaynemud13 2008/06/04 04:01:02
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    vaynemud13
    +3
    this case is a perfect in the light example of our justice and political system fucking up and then instead of making things right, they go and try to cover it up. they would rather ruin peoples lives than admit they are wrong.
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Shane - oldschoolelf
    +5
  • Lucifer's Angel 2008/06/04 01:16:47
    They are innocent. Free the 3!
    Lucifer's Angel
    +3
    Ever since I watched both HBO specials, I have believed they were innocent! They were wrongly convicted of those murders! FREE THEM NOW!

http://www.wm3.org
    http://www.myspace.com/wm3org
  • LoXx Lucifer... 2008/06/04 03:05:59
    LoXx
    +2
    I completely agree. will you please share this question with your SHs?
  • Lucifer... Lucifer... 2008/06/04 05:09:13
    Lucifer's Angel
    +1
    For those that would like to watch parts of the HBO specials, Paradise Lost: Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, here is a link to the videos at Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/result...

2014/07/25 01:38:58