Are the latest statements from Michelle Obama offensive? (WATCH VIDEO)

Obama Bin Biden 2008/02/19 04:18:10
SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIRST LADY!

Obama
by krs601

"For the first time in my adult lifetime I am proud of this Country" check out the link here:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4f9af_obama_news?from=rss

Should a first lady claim to only feel proud of her Country ONLY because of her husband's Presidential run?

ALSO VOTE ON THIS POLL, MICHELLE OBAMA PART 2: http://sodahead.com/poll/50757/

ALSO CHECK OUT: HTTP://WWW.SAVAGEPOLITICS.COM

• obammyfortoiletcleaner 2009/06/30 15:51:15
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    obammyfortoiletcleaner
    She/he is offensive!
  • Dwight Mann 2008/06/12 02:30:40
    Dwight Mann
    She lacks grace and depth of character. A plebeian in sheeps clothing.
  • palie 2008/06/01 02:19:07
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    palie
    you know what they use to say about kids, they should be seen and not heard, well sometimes it doesnt just go for kids!!
  • Bats 2008/05/26 04:31:00
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    Bats
    I don't support smacking around a woman, but she sure makes a good case for it.
  • Ed 2008/05/20 00:04:24
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    Ed
    at best! ! !
  • Lou 2008/05/19 04:28:38
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    Lou
    WAIT A MINUTE SWEETIE...

HATE BRINGS HATE AND THAT IS SOMETHING WE INTELLIGENT AMERICANS DO NOT WANT...

HOW IN HELL CAN WE AFFORT A HATEFUL WOMAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE THAT SHE HAS NEVER BEEN PROUD OF BEING AN AMERICAN?

HOW?

wait 4 years and by then we will be in CHAOS and in disgrace, as so many Americans will be JOBLESS and HOMELESS by then, and then she will bring the USA in 2012 election not from a recession but from a DEPRESSION like in the1930's AND SAFE OUR COUNTRY.

and

SAFE YOURSELF ANY WAY YOU CAN...

THE USA WILL BE LIKE VENEZUELA IS NOW WITH HUGO CHAVEZ...

Until 2013 GOD BLESS AMERICA...
  • Mrs. D 2008/05/16 17:06:56
    Mrs. D
    I don't think the remarks are offensive. They should be taken in context. She is not saying she is proud because her husband is running for President and she is glad to see it. She said she is proud to see this country moving forward and while traveling around with her husband she has come to realize that she really wasn't alone in her desire to witness this. She is also saying that there are no little I's and big You's. Everyone is the same. We are all struggling through the same things. And she is proud that we are making changes to get out of the situation we are in. She is proud that we are beginning to take back our government, which the 10th amendment to the Constitution of the United States affords us the right to do.
  • Ed Mrs. D 2008/05/20 00:06:06
    Ed
    I guess it would be OK to take Hillary's comments in "context". right?
  • The Truth 2008/05/16 01:00:12
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    The Truth
    nuff said
  • deb 2008/05/15 07:22:05
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    deb
    +1
    No Way, No How, No Obama!!!
  • sassy 2008/05/15 03:02:08 (edited)
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    sassy
    +3
    OH, no! Please no, has no one noticed that we have been the laughing stock of the world for the last 8 years. Maybe she can speak proper english, but what she has to say is just wrong!
  • lindy 2008/05/15 02:54:00
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    lindy
    +3
    OMG how can the majority of blacks ( polls show it) defend her and her husband just because of their epidermal color??!? What happened with taking the character of the person into consideration? If he is elected and she is first lady- I would be ashamed to call myself an American.
    To the detriment of the U.S. other nations will have a field day with our need to always be politically correct no matter the cost. I'm sick of it!
  • tabbie 2008/05/14 21:01:12
    SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIRST LADY!
    tabbie
    Did you LISTEN to the entire speech? She was talking about Americans participating in the voting process. We have not seen the huge numbers of people turning out to vote at any other time in my life. That is what she was saying and she was telling people that she was proud of them. I am getting sick and tired of people hearing a few words from a speech, taking it out of context and then bad mouthing a person. Are Americans really this ignorant and easily manipulated? Educate yourselves!
  • CT Liberal 2008/05/14 17:49:46
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    CT Liberal
    +4
    I think she would be a disastrous First Lady. First of all, this is not the only offensive thing she has said. Secondly, even if what she said was taken differently than what she intended, as First Lady similar gaffs could really insult foreign dignitaries unintentionally and cause even more problems with our world image. She is arrogant and feels that her opinions are the only ones that count. Rather than being an asset to the country, she would be a deficit! (However, she is not the issue. The real problem would be her husband as President.)
  • jody 2008/05/14 13:15:34
    SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIRST LADY!
    jody
    i think shes wonderful ...
  • Obama B... jody 2008/05/15 02:26:32
    Obama Bin Biden
    +1
    wonderfully HORRID
  • Ed jody 2008/05/20 00:07:00
    Ed
    Me too - maybe she can wash dishes for Hillary or John.
  • Angel 2008/05/14 10:35:08 (edited)
    Angel
    +1
    I think this is a case of impact vs intent. It seemed like what she was trying to say was that she was proud of the fact that people wanted a positive change, it just didn't come out right since there are people that latched onto that phrase and didn't bother to listen to the message she was trying to get across.

I am in the Army and we are always warned about impact vs intent, if people are offended by something that you said and you meant no offense then you need to go back and think of a better way to articulate the point you are trying to get across. As for whether or not she will make a great first lady, I think the potential is there.
  • Change 2008/05/14 09:48:51
    SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIRST LADY!
    Change
    +1
    Based on the answers presented here, I can tell that most of the folks here either never really listened to her speak, or never wanted to give her a chance in the first place. I truly respect her viewpoint here, especially because I concur. I was disappointed in our country. Look at all that has happened in the past 8 years alone. We, the people, ALLOWED the Bush policies to methodically strip us of our constitutional rights while playing on our fears. Instead of standing up and demanding accountability, most Americans have been more concerned about taking care of self. When our own citizens were dying in New Orleans, America sat back and watched for a week before really trying to be involved. So why wouldn't someone be disappointed with a country like that. For the person that said her and Barack should just leave, get real. That's usually not an option for most people. Instead, you start change where you are. That's the problem with our public school system today: instead of staying and fighting for good education in the public school system (which our tax dollars pay for anyway), people decide to leave - take their kids out to go to a more prominent school.

I applaud Michelle Obama. I feel that she is classy, well spoken, and she keeps it real. I want someone that says what ...'

I applaud Michelle Obama. I feel that she is classy, well spoken, and she keeps it real. I want someone that says what she truly feels instead of what Americans need to hear to feel good about themselves. If anyone is looking for anything different, it must be because you can't handle the truth.
  • The Truth Change 2008/05/16 00:58:17
    The Truth
    She said the first time in her life not just the last 8 years.
  • Ed Change 2008/05/20 00:08:06
    Ed
    Did you read her doctoral disertation - read it then comment.
  • Farhad 2008/05/14 00:15:24
    SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIRST LADY!
    Farhad
    I love Michelle Obama's smile. The glass is half full: I heard her say she is proud to be an American.
  • STRONG WOMAN 2008/05/12 03:10:10 (edited)
    SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIRST LADY!
    STRONG WOMAN
    her comment are truth I LOVE HER..SHE WILL BE OUR NEW FIRST LADY
  • taz 2008/05/09 03:29:25
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    taz
    +3
    This is a defensive remark for the reason " for the first time......" if she feels
    that way then why in the first place would she support her husband in running
    for President? You should love your country from childhood . If she was so
    ashamed of being a American why didn't her and Obama get the hell out.
    They must of love something to stay. I think if he get's the nomin. it's going to
    be a embarrassment!! If he wins the election its a tragedy and the American
    people are going to look like fools to the other countries. They will think that
    American people like to eat shit the more you dish out the more they will
    love you and respect you... I know i don't like shit..and I won't be happy
    if he wins...I don't trust or like him or her...This is my opinion...
  • ddmcneill taz 2008/05/14 04:51:19
    ddmcneill
    You are dead wrong what is an embarrassment is something John McCain said.
    This is a qoute that John McCain said this is 10 times worst this what Obama wife said. She is not runnning for president Obama is. "This is a quote by John McCain during an Interview with Shawn Hannity I really didnt love America until I was deprive of her company" This is what he said when is ass was capture. So while his ass was serving his country he didnt love his country.
  • jbean ddmcneill 2008/05/14 18:10:12
    jbean
    it's all in the interrpretation. i believe what McCain means is that he didn't know what it was to truly love his country, not that he didn't love it until...i mean, he was after all serving in the armed forces, doesn't that alone speak volumes? have you served dd?
  • u funny 2008/05/07 21:34:46
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    u funny
    +2
    the oboma clain is an enbarrssment to anerica and for oboma get it last night was an embarrassment to america piered
  • deano 2008/05/06 19:36:33
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    deano
    +3
    They are both making the United States weak. These two are pathetic educated idiots without any common sense.
  • rosey posey 2008/05/06 04:42:08
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    rosey posey
    +3
    Maybe he should have kept the white girlfriend for a wife,,

My dogs ass can fart out better words than she can!!!!!
  • Chelsea 2008/04/28 05:27:55
  • Candy 2008/04/03 04:10:17
  • deano Candy 2008/05/06 19:38:52
    deano
    +3
    dont be crazy,she hates america and what it stands for.
  • rosey p... Candy 2008/05/09 19:40:43
    rosey posey
    +1
    Embarrassing yeah that is what she is and my horse ass looks better than her face...not enough bags to put over our heads to hide her face..they need to go Kenya where they belong...since he is his dad boy....
  • ChRiStiN@ [FTDM!] 2008/03/11 05:04:52
    SHE WOULD MAKE A GREAT FIRST LADY!
    ChRiStiN@ [FTDM!]
    +1
    QUESTION: why is this offensive, I personally was not offended, can someone please enlighten me as why I as an American would need to take offense?
  • Obama B... ChRiSti... 2008/03/11 14:12:09
    Obama Bin Biden
    +2
    Not only is it hypocritical on her part (as a rich and privileged woman) to voice the perspective of those who are ignorant about the realities of the rest of the world (tell this to an Iraqi woman and see how she reacts), but she is running (along with her husband) for the highest position in our Nation. This means that she wants to become the ultimate symbol of our values and culture. Going around the world telling others that Americans (notice the generalization) are "mean" and "egotistical", etc. is a HORRENDOUS proposal and ambassador to our people.

I have said this before. It would be similar to the President of Burger King telling people in a news conference that his products are "shit and made out of shit". Now, we may all agree that this is probably true, but the mere fact that this individual, who is not only a private person but a symbol of the enterprise, is actually saying this will not only affect the consumer base of his company but will get HIS ASS FIRED the next day for being so irresponsible to his position. If he truly wanted to modify his company's practices he had to maintain consumer confidence, keep the stock owners happy by increasing profits, and then work to alter the "shit" practices that he was complaining about.
  • deano ChRiSti... 2008/05/06 19:39:52
    deano
    +1
    You have to ask OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • STRONG ... ChRiSti... 2008/05/12 03:13:16
    STRONG WOMAN
    It just because she is black i see that you are white person and i understand that not all white people a racist but there are a lot that are so they make dumb question like thisforum to make her look bad when they really show there true colors,
  • Ed ChRiSti... 2008/05/20 00:19:15
    Ed
    Because she's ugly and chews a cud.
  • Rick 2008/03/09 01:07:19
    SHE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!
    Rick
    +4
    Yes, because from what I hear in her voice is that she is a Racist!!! Don't give me that crap that blacks, muslims, Jews, whites, or any other race can't be racists. She truly has some type of issue with somebody. I would never vot for Barrack now! I definately cannot vote for Hillary. That leavese only one choice and I can't stand McCain either. What to do! What to do!
  • moe 2008/03/07 17:51:45
    moe
    +1
    She definitely isn't an Eleanor Roosevelt, and it does look like she and Condolessa Rice see the same hair stylist, but she isn't an embarrassment. First Lady material... ? I've never met one. I've never even met a good trophy wife. What is first lady material? Hillary? Get cheated on and be submissive while your hubbie tarnishes the image of American leadership/

2014/11/26 08:59:43