Are the House and Senate elections in 2012 and 2014 MORE important than the Presidential election of 2012?

the_old_coach 2012/07/07 17:38:16
YES
NO
This is the discussion we need to be having...isn't it?

SO: My question to us all:

Please explain your answer.

• historian 2012/07/07 18:18:04
    YES
    historian
    +5
    Only if Congress fulfills its Constitutional role, instead of writing a blank check for a despot President, never checking the Executive's power, allowing him to usurp powers delegated to the Legislature, and so forth. If it's business as usual, it really doesn't matter who is in government.

• Striker 2012/07/08 01:11:49
    YES
    Striker
    +2
    We need a Great Turnaround of our train into the abyss. No president can stop that alone, and we see Congress making things worse every day. The problem is clear, but we must have a Congress of Principle. That's Principle long lost, and it is that we much "change". Expect little from vote2012, and you'll not be so disappointed.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/07/08 00:26:55
    YES
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +1
    We need to win as much as we can to correct the bad policies starting with Obama care !!!!
  • tlee 2012/07/07 21:43:24
    tlee
    +3
    If voting made a difference,they would make it illegal!. Carroll Quigley stated in his book the idea that elections shouldn't mean much and so did pelosi a couple years ago!.

• historian 2012/07/07 18:18:04
    YES
    historian
    +5
  • the_old... historian 2012/07/07 19:11:12
    the_old_coach
    +4
    I'm so glad you're on my friend's list. Perfect answer.

glad friends list answer
  • Waldorf 2012/07/07 18:17:44
    YES
    Waldorf
    +1
    Yes, as is usually true. However, I have to say that getting rid of this guy Obama seems an awfully high priority.
  • keeper 2012/07/07 18:06:12
    keeper
    +2
    I wouldn't say MORE, but I would say Equally~~
    YES
    +2
    Yes, in many ways - In order to begin to undo the disasters initiated by this current administration; GOP must hold the House, take the Senate and the WH.
  • the_old... Jackie ... 2012/07/07 18:11:21 (edited)
    the_old_coach
    +3
    Not THIS "GOP!"

I agree that CONSERVATIVES should be elected, but not all conservatives are the same.

EDIT NOTE: I know I frustrate you, Jackie, but know that I respect you so much. We agree on WHAT most of the time, but disagree on HOW from time to time. You're still one of my favorite SH's.
  • Jackie ... the_old... 2012/07/07 18:19:40
    +2
    Thanks, I have no problem with conservatives but they are not correct on everything and I prefer those that are to the right of center and reasonable on issues. And while I agree on fiscal issues most of the time, the rigidity of the hard right is not for me.

2014/09/18 05:46:17