Are the black, unmarked helicopters over large cities part of Government Surveillance and the Patriot Act?

Jon 2012/09/23 23:52:47
Many people have reported a smaller version of these unmarked, black helicopters with black tinted windows flying in cities. They will at times come down and hover as low as 15 feet off the ground. Other times they were sighted are 20-25 feet in the air in congested parts of cities. These are against FAA guidelines.

The ones sighted had one rotor and one propeller and it was impossible to see into the cockpit because the windows were too dark.

• krayzrick 2012/09/24 00:07:03
    Yes, definitely Government Surveillance
    krayzrick
    +6
    I live outside a large city in central Alabama, on a little two lane highway going east and west. I see Army trucks going by all the time with those concrete road barriers on them.
    Wonder where they're going....
    concrete barriers on flatbed

• A Founding Father 2012/09/24 07:53:32 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    These are the delusional creations of paranoid minds. These helicopters have been doing this since WWII, periodically flying all around, particularly near election times and Halloween, when such things as black machines and spooks in costumes can frighten the most weakend minds. Probably they are just harmless aliens checking in on us, often they are seen in Oklahoma and northern Texas, along those long stretches of highways
    where too much coffee or too many pills seem to attract these invaders. Sometimes they
    land and take a truck driver or bachelor farmer hostage for a few hours while they do a
    complete rectal exam and measure the body parts. Just collecting harmless data for a Biology class of some unknown planet.
  • rustyshackelford 2012/09/24 06:12:06 (edited)
  • redhorse29 2012/09/24 04:08:32
    redhorse29
    +3
    In the San Francisco Bay are we have a choppers similar to this flying about. They are taking background radiation reading as part of a long term study and follow up on changes caused by urbanization, sun, soil or industrial contamination.
  • A Found... redhorse29 2012/10/03 03:52:13 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Read "Walt"'s comments below. He wants his "background radiation" kept private so the "police state" will never know where all that breast and prostate cancer came from.

As Halloween draws closer, we will probably hear more of black helicopters and witches flying about and looking in our windows.
  • Walt 2012/09/24 02:26:45
    Walt
    +4
    Habeas Corpus no longer exits, nor do the provisions of the Posse Comitatus Act. There is no such thing as reasonable expectation of privacy. We now live in a police state where the government has unlimited power.
  • Jon Walt 2012/09/24 02:32:04 (edited)
    Jon
    +2
    I agree. I had to look up the Posse Comitatus Act as I hadn't heard of it. interesting.

When that Florida teen, Trayvon Martin was killed, once the President was alerted, the militia seemed to arrive there rather quickly.
  • SteveMarine- JLA 2012/09/24 02:02:17
    Yes, definitely Government Surveillance
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +5
    I've seen UN trucks...on I75 in georgia.... With police escort.... Its coming folks....no stopping it. Obama has kept his promise of change...
  • Jon SteveMa... 2012/09/24 02:11:05
    Jon
    +2
    The first Black Hawks my friends and I saw were like 20 feet from us were in FL. We were getting blown all over, hurried away, and ran under some big trees. Thought they were going to start shooting. It ocurred to me, that they can say they saw you trying to steal a car or breaking in a house and then it's about all over.
  • SteveMa... Jon 2012/09/24 02:27:29
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +3
    Yeah I have a lot of land...was out hunting once...had a small heli fly low over me...it went into orbit over my property...and got pretty low...and had me worried enough to where I had my safety off and took my orange jacket off...and I scoped it over pretty good...no markings...no numbers...appeared to be unarmed..
  • Jon SteveMa... 2012/09/24 02:44:33 (edited)
    Jon
    +2
    I thought they were primarily in the cities with high populations. I had thought the people living in the country were safer somehow. man. They must be all over. This only happened about two months ago.
  • SteveMa... Jon 2012/09/24 02:47:06
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +2
    Umm 2 seasons ago.. But its no new surprise to me.
  • Jon SteveMa... 2012/09/24 03:01:26
    Jon
    +2
    This was a surprise to me.

When that Florida teen, Trayvon Martin was killed, after the President was alerted, how quickly the militia seemed to arrive.
  • SteveMa... Jon 2012/09/24 03:07:27
  • A Found... SteveMa... 2012/09/24 07:58:32 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    You are a threat, Steve, if at all, only because you are paranoid. Take your meds and the copters will disappear as if by magic. I promise.

Dr Dale
  • Jeff A Found... 2012/10/03 03:46:27
    Jeff
    Why don't you do a some research on this? This has been happening for years. You need to get your head out of the LaLaLand sand and pay attention.
  • A Found... Jeff 2012/10/03 03:59:57
    A Founding Father
    Yes, Jeff. these helicopters have been around for a long time. When I was in Grad school in Tucson in 1963, they flew across the campus and out to the air base 24/7. WOW, you know what, Tucson and the University remain intact and those black machines filled with young men and women from our families still are doing the same things. I think you should go over to the nearest air base and meet some of these trainees so you can sleep better at night knowing they are there to make you secure and safe.
  • Jeff A Found... 2012/10/03 04:51:24
    Jeff
    This is a completely different world that it was in 1963. These reports are all over the internet. They are happening in cities that have no military bases at all. Your naivety is dangerous to you.
  • A Found... Jeff 2012/10/03 07:08:51 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Do you have any idea where "google maps" come from? Ever ask yourself how tax assessor know where new property additions are made if not permitted? There are a thousand uses for information that can be obtained by high speed scanners from helicopters. If
    you are growing pot in your garage or attic you might have reason
    to be concerned. Otherwise, relax and trust your neighbor will be busted for his MJ crop before he can sell it to your kids.
  • Beat Ma... SteveMa... 2012/09/24 11:30:25
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    And what is it they see through my cell phone's camera? The inside of my pocket. The side of my head? The ceiling of my living room when it sets on the table? Lots of useful information there.
  • SteveMa... Beat Ma... 2012/09/24 18:52:11
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +1
    I dunno. But they can...i've personally seen it done with just local law enforcement agencies....imagine what the feds can do.
  • Jeff SteveMa... 2012/10/03 03:49:15
    Jeff
    Some of our phones and computers are bugged continually. Some people don't seem to realize the impact of the Patriot Act.
  • A Found... Jeff 2012/10/03 07:16:51 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    OK you two conspiracy hunters, listen up. Your cell phone emits an outbound signal ever couple of seconds, so that it's location is known to the network. Otherwise, there would be no way to find the phone and send incoming signasl from the nearest satelite or signal tower. If all cameras were to transmit continually there would be no equipment sufficient to carry all of the streaming. When you are doing something you might be ashamed to admit, or are feeling in a romantic mood, just put the little machine in the drawer or cover it with a pillow. Enjoy the technology.

On a positive note. Several times in recent months persons lost, injured, or afloat in the ocean have been rescued by the ability of
    a GPS overlay to exactly pinpoint the signals from a cell phone and direct searchers without delay to the endangered persons. So, put an extra phone in your childs backpack and give the number immediately to police if the kid is missing and always carry one when hiking, hunting, or boating.
  • A Found... Jeff 2012/10/03 07:23:29
    A Founding Father
    Chid porn has "tracers", like viruses, that identify your machine and it's location. Is someone knocking on your door right now?
  • A Found... Beat Ma... 2012/10/03 07:27:29
    A Founding Father
    Need a haircut? The local salon pays for your phone number and will send you a text or call to offer a "discount". Amazing the practical uses
    of a photo of your head. Wait unti AT&T begins to sell interuptions to your conversations to the salon's recordings.
  • Yes, definitely Government Surveillance
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +3
    These choppers are called Little Birds. I've seen 4 of 'em in formation cruzing up and down I-40. FAA Reg's state 1000 ft. above the highest obstacle in population areas. FAA waviers are issued for Gov't vehicles who go pretty much where they need to.
  • Jon STEELAN... 2012/09/24 01:55:35
    Jon
    +2
    I've ony heard them called Black Hawks. I didn't know that about the FAA rules. These things are dangerously too close to land.
  • STEELAN... Jon 2012/09/24 02:36:06
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +1
    Large ones are Blackhawks. I'm seein the smaller, more maneuverable black SWAT/MIL/Tactical type choppers in many different configurations. If you do an image search you can see the variations...
    smaller more maneuverable black SWAT/MIL/Tactical type choppers in many different configurations
  • Jon STEELAN... 2012/09/24 03:15:46 (edited)
    Jon
    +1
    It looked like just that, except this had the front windows tinted dark black and you couldn't see in. It had, I think, 3 sets windows on the side. I looked on the internet and I think the Sikorsky UH-60 Medium Lift is the one. I think it's the same one in your photo.
  • STEELAN... Jon 2012/09/24 14:43:22
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +1
    There are different variants for different uses. I hope it wasn't a Sikorsky, that's Russian, lol.. maybe it was surplus. Looks like a Blackhawk though.
  • Jon STEELAN... 2012/09/24 12:20:15 (edited)
    Jon
    The only SWAT/MIL/Tactical product I could find on line was a BARSKA 8 32x44 Swat Tactical 30 mm IR Mil Dot Rifle Scope.
  • STEELAN... Jon 2012/09/24 14:41:33
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +1
    image search Little Bird helicopter
  • Jeff STEELAN... 2014/02/21 15:33:51
  • rustysh... STEELAN... 2012/09/24 06:17:24
  • STEELAN... rustysh... 2012/09/24 14:41:02
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    You missed the 'Wavier' part. I can fly 5 ft.over city if I get a wavier for some legit purpose like film crew for example.
  • rustysh... STEELAN... 2012/09/24 18:29:43
  • STEELAN... rustysh... 2012/09/25 00:48:24 (edited)
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    +1
    All Air Traffic follow rules "provided each person operating the helicopter complies with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the FAA". Just go running 'round town, any town, at low altitude and see who meets you when you land. I dare you! =D
  • rustysh... STEELAN... 2012/09/25 01:43:16
  • STEELAN... rustysh... 2012/09/25 02:15:30
    STEELANGEL 凸 Metal Up 凸
    Because you already know where 'specifically prescribed for helicopters' is. You don't fly in a TRSA or TCA or you would face Federal Prison. Now stop trying to prove something you cannot. Or are you one those unsafe hot-dog pilots that don't follow rules. There's plenty of 'em up there.
  • rustysh... STEELAN... 2012/09/25 02:47:32
  • ed 2012/09/24 01:37:08
    ed
    +2
    I haven't seen any so I don't know .

2014/10/24 18:03:02